Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #26 (permalink)

Last edited by alexcampos; 02-06-2013 at 12:08 AM.
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #27 (permalink)

Down goes Number 1!!!!!

Man I love college Basketball!!!
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #28 (permalink)

I have a feeling this year there are going to be a couple of suprise teams in the final 4
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #29 (permalink)

Who are a couple of teams you think will do well in the tournament?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConRyl View Post
Who are a couple of teams you think will do well in the tournament?
That's hard to say

Too many sleepers this year and honestly we could not see a number 1 seed in the final four
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConRyl View Post
I have a feeling this year there are going to be a couple of suprise teams in the final 4
doubt it.. these teams are losing road games not home games... their are no road games in the tournament.. the cream always rises to the top. while their might be upsets in the first two rounds.. I doubt you see a dark horse in the final four
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #32 (permalink)

Number 3 and number 5 both go down today!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

Zags already in at #4 in the Power Rankings
Most likely #4 in the polls on Monday.
GO ZAGS
Tinman4zags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #34 (permalink)

Big Blue UK is creeping up *whispers* shhhh, be careful, be very careful.
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Great games today! My favorite was Michigan vs. Wisconsin. Can't wait until the IU and Ohio State tomorrow!
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #36 (permalink)

Miami blew out NC today they are for real
Old 02-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #37 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
Three words for everyone to remember:

Creighton Blue Jays
you must have jinxed them because they have been pretty average since this post..
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #38 (permalink)

So all these "top" teams losing games they shouldn't be losing, when's re you guys going to give Arizona our due and finally realize we are a legit FF team?

Should be 2 or 3 come the new rankings Monday, all depends if Gonzaga keeps their one vote lead on us or not

And so nobody forgets, Arizona SMASHED Miami by 19 and that was with Miami finishing on a 7-0 against our walk-ons
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 AM   #39 (permalink)

Miami beat the crap out of us today lol although we dont have too much talent or experience this year. It is what it is when you lose 4 guys to the NBA.

Miami however is the real deal. They are experienced, starting avg age is like 23. They are loaded with seniors. They are big and they are long.

Zona, didnt watch that game and havent seen yall at all this year as they dont really show too many arizona games on the east coast, however this is an entirely different team now. They are extremely confident and have everybody playing. I think they were missing Reggie Johnson when they played yall. Granted it wouldnt have made much of a difference looking at the outcome but I dont think it would be the same result this time. The thing hurting Arizona is the fact the pac 12 is weak, so they wont be tested come tourney time.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #40 (permalink)

Miami at this point looks real good, had some bad loses early but they are the only team at the moment really putting it to teams unlike the top 25. Florida was untill the arkansas game. Going to be one very good tourney, could finally be the year where the slipper fits for a team similar to the vcu's and butlers of years past

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelsfan2012 View Post
Miami beat the crap out of us today lol although we dont have too much talent or experience this year. It is what it is when you lose 4 guys to the NBA.

Miami however is the real deal. They are experienced, starting avg age is like 23. They are loaded with seniors. They are big and they are long.

Zona, didnt watch that game and havent seen yall at all this year as they dont really show too many arizona games on the east coast, however this is an entirely different team now. They are extremely confident and have everybody playing. I think they were missing Reggie Johnson when they played yall. Granted it wouldnt have made much of a difference looking at the outcome but I dont think it would be the same result this time. The thing hurting Arizona is the fact the pac 12 is weak, so they wont be tested come tourney time.
Yes, they were missing someone, might have been Johnson, but like you said, it probably wouldn't have mattered much as we dominated them.

Also, we are plenty battle tested, see the end of the Florida, SDSU, Colorado, and Washington games, as well as still having to play at Colorado who will want revenge, at UCLA, and the P12 tourney. This team has been tested plenty and has the senior leadership between Lyons, Hill, and Parrom to where it's not an issue, there's 2 Elite 8's and 5 Sweet 16's between just those three.

And I'm not saying you should be watching them more, as I don't watch all that much outside of P12 play myself, but you can't use the east coast excuse for not seeing Arizona games anymore, not with ESPN's new P12 deal that kicked in this year. Probably have been on one of the ESPN channels 10 times this year along with a few FSN games in there as well with the rest being on the new P12 network.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #42 (permalink)

WVU will win it all....I hope every year I put WVU goin to the championship and then they lose and I lose money

Saved for THE National in Chicago- $300.02
Truemountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
So all these "top" teams losing games they shouldn't be losing, when's re you guys going to give Arizona our due and finally realize we are a legit FF team?

Should be 2 or 3 come the new rankings Monday, all depends if Gonzaga keeps their one vote lead on us or not

And so nobody forgets, Arizona SMASHED Miami by 19 and that was with Miami finishing on a 7-0 against our walk-ons
Arizona plays in the Pac12, nobody's really going to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #44 (permalink)

Miami seems to be the team that is playing the best right now.

no real clear cut great team around which is gonna make for a great tourney this year. any of about 20 or so teams could get hot and make a run in March. my team is Duke though and i'm just hoping Ryan Kelly returns soon enough. without him, Duke is a good team, but with him I think Duke is a legit final four team.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #45 (permalink)

Thinking this year might be the first all B1G Final Four. Michigan and Indiana as 1 seeds should be locks, and then MSU/Wisconsin/Minnesota/OSU all have chances as 2-4 seeds to get in.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Thinking this year might be the first all B1G Final Four. Michigan and Indiana as 1 seeds should be locks, and then MSU/Wisconsin/Minnesota/OSU all have chances as 2-4 seeds to get in.
First of all, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Okay, now that that's out of the way, there isn't any team in the country this year that could even remotely be considered a "lock" as this is one of the craziest seasons in a while, absolutely no "top dog(s)" this year.

Any of the top 15ish teams will be considered legitimate FF contenders with the "favorites" according to the experts after the bracket is announced will probably end up consisting of about 10 teams (Arizona, Michigan, Indiana, Miami, Duke, MSU, Syracuse, Louisville, Gonzaga, OSU, and maybe Kansas) while teams like Butler and VCU will be the underdog favorites to reach the FF

And on top of that I fully expect only two or three of those "favorites" to make the FF and we'll see one or two random 5-7 seeded teams make it this year, it's just the way this season is shaping up
Old 02-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
First of all, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Okay, now that that's out of the way, there isn't any team in the country this year that could even remotely be considered a "lock" as this is one of the craziest seasons in a while, absolutely no "top dog(s)" this year.

Any of the top 15ish teams will be considered legitimate FF contenders with the "favorites" according to the experts after the bracket is announced will probably end up consisting of about 10 teams (Arizona, Michigan, Indiana, Miami, Duke, MSU, Syracuse, Louisville, Gonzaga, OSU, and maybe Kansas) while teams like Butler and VCU will be the underdog favorites to reach the FF

And on top of that I fully expect only two or three of those "favorites" to make the FF and we'll see one or two random 5-7 seeded teams make it this year, it's just the way this season is shaping up
Louisville and Kansas should not be considered favorites.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #48 (permalink)

Wonder if Indiana stays at #1 if Duke loses, or even if Duke has a close game tonight, or if Gonzaga moves all the way up.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Louisville and Kansas should not be considered favorites.
I wouldn't call them favorites right now either, but when they string wins together at the end of the season they'll be popular FF picks, just like those other 8 teams will be, it's a wide open field this year

Quote:
Wonder if Indiana stays at #1 if Duke loses, or even if Duke has a close game tonight, or if Gonzaga moves all the way up.
It would take a miracle for Gonzaga to ever be ranked #1

I just don't see the voters giving them that spot with the schedule they play, they also lost their two toughest games this season and don't play anyone who should be able to beat them in conference

If Duke losses to BC and Arizona beats Cal soundly, we might challenge for that top spot this week
Old 02-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I wouldn't call them favorites right now either, but when they string wins together at the end of the season they'll be popular FF picks, just like those other 8 teams will be, it's a wide open field this year

It would take a miracle for Gonzaga to ever be ranked #1

I just don't see the voters giving them that spot with the schedule they play, they also lost their two toughest games this season and don't play anyone who should be able to beat them in conference

If Duke losses to BC and Arizona beats Cal soundly, we might challenge for that top spot this week
It seems like Russ Smith showed yesterday that he doesn't have the basketball IQ to lead a team into the final four. With his brain, he'd foul on a half courter when they're up by 1 at the buzzer, a la the Pitt/Butler game.