Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #576 (permalink)

That was a sick dunk from Rodney to end the half, alley-oop from behind his head, one handed, while he was on the way from his jump.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #577 (permalink)

Lets go Miami!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #578 (permalink)

I am so not looking forward to this Arizona-UCLA game tonight, and that might be the first time I've felt like that for a game vs UCLA in a long time

We're just not going to win it, this team is falling apart at the seams right now, our lack of guard depth is killing us, as is Lyons just doing whatever the hell he wants on offense instead of acting like a real PG

Gonna be a long night, ugh
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #579 (permalink)

Hahaha, that was a pretty funny "stat" they just said

Kenny Kadji is older than three starters for the Thunder
Old 03-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #580 (permalink)

It took an amazing game from Ryan Kelly for Duke to beat Miami at home, yea, I still don't think they're that good.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #581 (permalink)

If it weren't for the fact that I just don't miss any parts of our games, I would stop watching this right now

We just don't care, I've never seen a team with this much talent and ability to do great things look so disinterested in every game, I have no idea why, but this team has just given up
Old 03-02-2013, 11:23 PM   #582 (permalink)

Arizona = Minnesota.

Both most likely overhyped and for whatever reason just aren't playing nearly as well as they were at one point.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #583 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
Arizona = Minnesota.

Both most likely overhyped and for whatever reason just aren't playing nearly as well as they were at one point.
Minnesota doesn't have anywhere near the talent level that we have, which is why this hurts so much

I honestly think our biggest problem is Lyons, he just doesn't care about running the offense and just does whatever the hell he wants out there because he knows we don't have a backup PG and we have to play him no matter what.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #584 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Minnesota doesn't have anywhere near the talent level that we have, which is why this hurts so much

I honestly think our biggest problem is Lyons, he just doesn't care about running the offense and just does whatever the hell he wants out there because he knows we don't have a backup PG and we have to play him no matter what.
Minnesota has a lot of talent, in my opinion (and they are freakishly athletic).
Old 03-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #585 (permalink)

Quote:
Minnesota has a lot of talent, in my opinion (and they are freakishly athletic).
I didn't say they don't have talent, ours is just that much better, we have 5 or 6 future NBA players on this team right now. Hill, Tarczewski, Ashley, Jerrett will all for sure be, Johnson and Parrom very well might be, I'm sure at least one will be in the league, very possibly both
Old 03-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #586 (permalink)

The epitome of what Lyons has been for us in conference play

We get lucky, actually have a chance to do something, and he wastes 10 seconds dribbling and then throws up an ugly shot without a single pass

I'm done with him
Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #587 (permalink)

Minnesota would be favorites over Arizona on a neutral court if they played tomorrow.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 AM   #588 (permalink)

Minnesota beat Penn State by 29 tonight. Michigan beat Minnesota twice this year. I've been shaking my head for 4 days now.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #589 (permalink)

Quote:
It took an amazing game from Ryan Kelly for Duke to beat Miami at home, yea, I still don't think they're that good.
well if you believe the rest of Duke's players normally play that bad that you're in for a surprise. Curry is a better ft shooter than tonight, and i believe the bench got some some confidence in Kelly's absence. bottom line is that Duke is going to be a threat the rest of the way as long as Kelly is healthy.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #590 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Griffey View Post
Minnesota beat Penn State by 29 tonight. Michigan beat Minnesota twice this year. I've been shaking my head for 4 days now.
The transitive property fails again!
Quote:
Arizona = Minnesota.

We're getting back to our #8 level of play after beating Indiana and beating the #@#@#@#@ out of Penn State.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
Old 03-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #591 (permalink)

It's Duke and then everybody else if Kelly is healthy. As much as it pains me to say that.

On a side note, if the Big Ten tourney started today, Michigan would face Penn State and then OSU. I'd be ok with that.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #592 (permalink)

Quote:
It's Duke and then everybody else if Kelly is healthy. As much as it pains me to say that.

On a side note, if the Big Ten tourney started today, Michigan would face Penn State and then OSU. I'd be ok with that.
Yep, especially since they've already lost to both this year.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #593 (permalink)

They've also beaten both of them this year?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #594 (permalink)

Looks like DJ Byrd is going to upset the Badgers at the Kohl's Center.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #595 (permalink)

Wisconsin still stinks.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #596 (permalink)

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. Kelly had a nice game against Miami last night, and they still only won by 2. Kelly is not 36 pts/game good. Duke is and has been soft all season.

Right now I think it's IU then everybody else. Not sold on Gonzaga. Not sold on Georgetown. Not sold on UF or Michigan either.

Not sure this has been pointed out, but I believe that 3 teams at the top of their conference (KU, Georgetown, and Michigan) have lost to the team at the bottom of their conference (and with teams with no conference wins prior) in the past month. Those are really bad losses.
snomelcrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #597 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomelcrob View Post
I respectfully disagree. Kelly had a nice game against Miami last night, and they still only won by 2. Kelly is not 36 pts/game good. Duke is and has been soft all season.

Right now I think it's IU then everybody else. Not sold on Gonzaga. Not sold on Georgetown. Not sold on UF or Michigan either.

Not sure this has been pointed out, but I believe that 3 teams at the top of their conference (KU, Georgetown, and Michigan) have lost to the team at the bottom of their conference (and with teams with no conference wins prior) in the past month. Those are really bad losses.
Michigan could easily lose out as well, they could really start to drop in the standings.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #598 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomelcrob View Post
I would also throw Louisville in there as well. I think they have a good enough team to win it all.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #599 (permalink)

I think it's nobody, and everybody else. Indiana isn't head and shoulders above anyone else, Duke isn't etc etc.

Every team has major flaws that can either be exposed or avoided come tourney time.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #600 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

All depends on your matchup.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote