Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
It seems like Russ Smith showed yesterday that he doesn't have the basketball IQ to lead a team into the final four. With his brain, he'd foul on a half courter when they're up by 1 at the buzzer, a la the Pitt/Butler game.
Isn't it really Siva's team though?

And is it just me, or does Siva just feel like one of those players who has been in college for 6 or 7 years, hahaha
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #52 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
So all these "top" teams losing games they shouldn't be losing, when's re you guys going to give Arizona our due and finally realize we are a legit FF team?

Should be 2 or 3 come the new rankings Monday, all depends if Gonzaga keeps their one vote lead on us or not

And so nobody forgets, Arizona SMASHED Miami by 19 and that was with Miami finishing on a 7-0 against our walk-ons
stop with the homerish posts its as bad as the dude with his gophers posts... They are showing right now why they won't make the final four and can't.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
stop with the homerish posts its as bad as the dude with his gophers posts... They are showing right now why they won't make the final four and can't.
Not sure why you hate Arizona so much, but to say they can't make the FF is just asinine

Crabbe is playing out of his mind tonight and Monty has just out coached Miller tonight, but we'll still win this game
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc

Last edited by zonacats8; 02-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,955
Default

Losing to Cal at home is, well, REALLY bad.

Arizona screams pretender to me.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 192/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Guess we won't win this game, but we're still a legit FF team, it's idiotic to think otherwise

But Crabbe was crazy tonight, he wasn't going to be stopped
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,756
Default

This dude really plays for Cal?

BENCH FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Bak Bak, F 2-2 0-0 2-2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 6
__________________
119 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
Losing to Cal at home is, well, REALLY bad.

Arizona screams pretender to me.
Why is it REALLY bad?

You know nothing about Cal, yea we should have won the game and its a bad loss, but Cal is a good team with an outstanding player in Crabbe who single handidly beat us tonight. We played tough defense on him but he just hit unbelievable shots tonight, probably the best game of his career and he was already a top NBA prospect
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Guess we won't win this game, but we're still a legit FF team, it's idiotic to think otherwise

But Crabbe was crazy tonight, he wasn't going to be stopped
It's not idiotic to think that way. They lost to Cal at home and should've lost to Colorado at home as well (but got some amazing home cookin')

I don't see anyone who would put Arizona on the same level as the top tier Big10 teams, or Duke, Syracuse etc except for other Arizona fans.

A sweet 16 team? Sure, if they have a high enough seed, but I wouldn't expect them to go past that.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 192/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Why is it REALLY bad?

You know nothing about Cal, yea we should have won the game and its a bad loss, but Cal is a good team with an outstanding player in Crabbe who single handidly beat us tonight. We played tough defense on him but he just hit unbelievable shots tonight, probably the best game of his career and he was already a top NBA prospect
Cal is a 13-9 (5-5 Pac12) team, please don't try and act like that's good, that's extremely medicore.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 192/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #60 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Why is it REALLY bad?

You know nothing about Cal, yea we should have won the game and its a bad loss, but Cal is a good team with an outstanding player in Crabbe who single handidly beat us tonight. We played tough defense on him but he just hit unbelievable shots tonight, probably the best game of his career and he was already a top NBA prospect
dude I've seen Cal play in person 2 times and also on tv numerous times.. They aren't good. They lost to Harvard at home.. Yes the same Harvard team that got beat by powerhouse Columbia today

As others have said sweet 16 sure but this team won't be making any final four run.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
It's not idiotic to think that way. They lost to Cal at home and should've lost to Colorado at home as well (but got some amazing home cookin')

I don't see anyone who would put Arizona on the same level as the top tier Big10 teams, or Duke, Syracuse etc except for other Arizona fans.

A sweet 16 team? Sure, if they have a high enough seed, but I wouldn't expect them to go past that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
Cal is a 13-9 (5-5 Pac12) team, please don't try and act like that's good, that's extremely medicore.
Duke just barely squeaked by last place BC today, Florida lost to a 5-5 (in a not as good as normal ACC) Arkansas, Indiana lost to a reeling Illinois team, Syracuse lost to Villanova and was beat soundly by Pitt, Gonzaga has lost it's two toughest games this year

All the top teams have bad showings and bad losses, this was the first bad loss for Arizona this year, this is a year of no dominant teams in college basketball, so yes, to think a team with the senior and guard leadership of Arizona has no shot at the FF is flat out ignorant.

And you're right, nobody but Arizona fans are talking about them in a good light

Like this article saying we're one of the 6 teams with a chance to win it all, Wide open: As contenders falter, confidence rises for all pretenders - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News

Or this Article that said how we were deserving of a #1 seed consideration(obviously before the loss just now) No one deserving of No. 1 spot - CBSSports.com

Or how Lunardi has us as a #1 seed in his latest bracket, or how at the IU halftime the other day Gotleib said how Arizona needed to be considered for the #1 ranking this week, or Bilas who has us as his #6 team in the BPI

To someone who doesn't watch every Arizona game, yes it will look like we're not a legit FF team as for whatever reason have lots of stretches where we just disappear, but that's the norm in college hoops this year, every team seems to be going through that. For those who watch on a regular basis you see the potential this team has when push comes to shove, like it will in the tournament.

Are we going to be the favorites come March? No, of course not, but to dismiss their chances at the FF this year is just delusional. It's a wide open year, and Arizona has the players to play with and beat anybody.
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
dude I've seen Cal play in person 2 times and also on tv numerous times.. They aren't good. They lost to Harvard at home.. Yes the same Harvard team that got beat by powerhouse Columbia today

As others have said sweet 16 sure but this team won't be making any final four run.
And did you watch the game tonight or just follow the score?

I'm guessing you didn't watch, Allen Crabbe was ridiculous tonight, he was making tough shot after tough shot and still shot 12-15, 4-7 from 3, and scored 31 points to go along with 7 boards and 5 assists. He straight up beat us tonight, and playing like he did Cal would beat most any team in the nation.

And yea, cool, Cal lost to Harvard earlier this year, Miami has also lost to Indiana State and Florida Gulf Coast yet still might get #1 votes tomorrow.
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,955
Default

OK, you can't compare losing to a bad team on the road, compared to losing to a bad team at home. Apples to oranges.

It's ok to be a homer, embrace that, just don't call bad teams like Cal good.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 192/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
OK, you can't compare losing to a bad team on the road, compared to losing to a bad team at home. Apples to oranges.

It's ok to be a homer, embrace that, just don't call bad teams like Cal good.
So if we hadn't have lost tonight, you'd have no problem saying we're a legit FF contender?

But one game out of 23 is your reasoning for saying we aren't?

That's absolutely ridiculous, yes, I'm a homer, obviously, but I've never made one outlandish statement like saying we're the best team in the nation, or that we're a FF lock.

I've always said how we had the POTENTIAL to do great things and that we had a legit shot at the FF, as much as any of the other top 10 teams, and I still believe we do.

But tonight's loss was an aberration, Montgomery flat out beat Miller tonight, he went with a zone the entire second half and we weren't prepared as he is a 100% man to man coach, we just weren't ready for it. And on top of that Crabbe had the game of his life, we just weren't going to win that game tonight, but that one game doesn't change the season.

And yes, maybe they're not a "good" team, but they're certainly not horrible as you were insinuating, so I had to counteract it, if I had come out and said they're just a solid average team, which they are, it wouldn't have been a strong argument.

Cal >>>>>>> BC, no if's and's or but's about it, barely squeaking by BC, away or not, because of a no-call on what seemed like an obvious foul in the final seconds is worse than losing at home to Cal IMHO (considering the way we lost tonight, but I'm sure I'm the only person on here who actually watched the game).
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #65 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
And did you watch the game tonight or just follow the score?

I'm guessing you didn't watch, Allen Crabbe was ridiculous tonight, he was making tough shot after tough shot and still shot 12-15, 4-7 from 3, and scored 31 points to go along with 7 boards and 5 assists. He straight up beat us tonight, and playing like he did Cal would beat most any team in the nation.

And yea, cool, Cal lost to Harvard earlier this year, Miami has also lost to Indiana State and Florida Gulf Coast yet still might get #1 votes tomorrow.
you don't get it.. Miami didn't have two of their best players at the first of the year... All those loses you listed happned where? On the road.. Arizona has two ugly ass loses on the year to UCLA and Cal.

Also don't give me lunardi rankings.. get up to the current times and read jerry palm lunardi is all bspn hype and palm has shown year after year to have much much better success in picking the field.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,442
Default

you realize duke didn't get into Mass until this morning because of the storm. They didn't have a shoot around or any of their typical game day activities. Yet they still won on the road playing terrible. Not many teams in the country would have won that game.

Look I'm an OSU fan and I can flat out tell you even before today they have ZERO shot at the final four.. Just as Arizona doesn't either.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
So if we hadn't have lost tonight, you'd have no problem saying we're a legit FF contender?

But one game out of 23 is your reasoning for saying we aren't?

That's absolutely ridiculous, yes, I'm a homer, obviously, but I've never made one outlandish statement like saying we're the best team in the nation, or that we're a FF lock.

I've always said how we had the POTENTIAL to do great things and that we had a legit shot at the FF, as much as any of the other top 10 teams, and I still believe we do.

But tonight's loss was an aberration, Montgomery flat out beat Miller tonight, he went with a zone the entire second half and we weren't prepared as he is a 100% man to man coach, we just weren't ready for it. And on top of that Crabbe had the game of his life, we just weren't going to win that game tonight, but that one game doesn't change the season.

And yes, maybe they're not a "good" team, but they're certainly not horrible as you were insinuating, so I had to counteract it, if I had come out and said they're just a solid average team, which they are, it wouldn't have been a strong argument.

Cal >>>>>>> BC, no if's and's or but's about it, barely squeaking by BC, away or not, because of a no-call on what seemed like an obvious foul in the final seconds is worse than losing at home to Cal IMHO (considering the way we lost tonight, but I'm sure I'm the only person on here who actually watched the game).
They weren't a final 4 team to me before, the Cal loss just reinforces that. You really need to quit making excuses, if your team is as great as you say, they should never lose to a bad team like Cal at home. That's the equivalent of Indiana losing at home to Iowa or something, that just can't happen.

And again, Arizona played at home, Duke played on the road. Duke probably would've ran BC out of the building at home.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 192/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

It's the blatant disregarding of Arizona that pisses me off

I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't go out there and put money on us making the FF right now, but to say they have zero chance (same with OSU and you say you're a fan) is just flat out retarded.

Have you guys not been watching college basketball not only this year, but the last few?

Teams are making runs every year that most people would have said in February that they had no chance of making any kind of run. And this season has been even crazier than the past few, it would be more shocking to me if 3 of these top 5-7 teams that people think are the real contenders actually make the FF this year.

I fully expect only 2 of the FF teams to be from that list, it's the year of upsets, it's the year of that next level teams doing something, it's been obvious to anyone who watches the sport this year, it's why every analyst out there is talking about how nobody "Deserves" to be a #1 right now and how crazy this tournament can be.

Any of the top 15-20 teams could make the FF this year, from those, I'd say more than half have a legitimate claim to saying they could make a FF run this year. There hasn't been a single shred of evidence against that claim so far this season

You add all that with the makeup of this Arizona team, and it's painfully obvious why they have a legit shot. senior backcourt leadership who has been deep in the tournament before in Lyons, Parrom, and Hill, and a very big and athletic front court packed with potential in 7' Tarczewski, 6'10" Jerrett, and 6'8" Ashley and all that's not to mention maybe our best all around player and maybe the P12's best defender in Nick Johnson.

The team is built to be a FF team that just isn't living up to it's potential at the moment, but with the way this season has gone, they have all the chance in the world to make a run, although with their deficiencies at times, they could always be bounced out in the second round as well, but that doesn't take away from them still being a FF contender, whether you like that FACT or not
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc

Last edited by zonacats8; 02-10-2013 at 09:50 PM.
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
bigroger1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: louisville,ky
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Isn't it really Siva's team though?

And is it just me, or does Siva just feel like one of those players who has been in college for 6 or 7 years, hahaha
Yes it is , Siva just has been the usual Louisville pg who dissapears alot, one game he looks amazing ala Edgar Sosa in the tourney a few years back then boom he vanishes. Russ smith just burst on to the soon mid pack last year and this year. Smith is the only real uofl player besides Siva that can get to the bucket and draw fouls and shoot a good % and he actually is more accurate then Siva shooting the ball (althogh that isnt saying much) Its just like all uofl fans now is he is a selfish ballplayer with a mid pack basketball iq
__________________
http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii485/ROGERC80/

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
bigroger1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: louisville,ky
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Louisville and Kansas should not be considered favorites.
I dont think there is any favorite, but they both have a good enough chance as does the complete top 25 right now
__________________
http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii485/ROGERC80/

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
bigroger1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: louisville,ky
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
It seems like Russ Smith showed yesterday that he doesn't have the basketball IQ to lead a team into the final four. With his brain, he'd foul on a half courter when they're up by 1 at the buzzer, a la the Pitt/Butler game.
His not going to committ fouls like that , he is just going to throw some stupid shots up or turn the ball over
__________________
http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii485/ROGERC80/

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,638
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Im curious who moves up to #1 today..

Gonzaga?

Does Duke really get the #1 ranking back after they were embarrased by 27...

Miami should be in the top 5.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Im curious who moves up to #1 today..

Gonzaga?

Does Duke really get the #1 ranking back after they were embarrased by 27...

Miami should be in the top 5.
It might be Indiana, just because 4 of the top 5 lost and Duke looked bad vs BC (plus the road win vs OSU helps Indiana's case)
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 192/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,638
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

The ESPN daily RPI goes as this.

Duke
Miami
New Mexico
Michigan
Florida

as the top 5.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,797
Default

They should just leave off a number one this week and start with the number two team in the country. If I were to pick a number one team right now it would be Miami. Undefeated in ACC play and drubbed both UNC and Duke! They also won @ NC State.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.