Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #101 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
You really have no credibility, your team got punked and you still run your mouth and act like MSU is terrible.

Exactly. MSU was CLEARLY the better team, and punked Michigan. Now I expect Michigan won't play nearly that bad in 2 weeks and MSU won't play that well, and I expect Michigan to win (because it's really hard to win on the road against good teams in the Big10), but would it shock me to see MSU win? Not at all, they're also a good team.
No credibility?

Like I knew that was going to happen.

The team that wins the B10 Title is probably Indiana just because of SOS from here on out. They are at MSU and Michigan, but and home against OSU. I see them winning at least 2 of those games. #1 team in the country.

Michigan somehow wins out, they will probably be big 10 champs/share. They only have two tough games left, both at home, and both against teams they need to lose State and Indiana. Probably not looking at a BIG 10 title.

MSU has the hardest schedule left.

At OSU, At Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana.

Not a cake walk. Wisconsin is trying to win the BIG10 title too, so thats a must win game for them against State. Only team to win at Indiana this year.

2-2 or 1-3 IMO. All 4 teams will throw the bus at them..
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:

Exactly. MSU was CLEARLY the better team, and punked Michigan. Now I expect Michigan won't play nearly that bad in 2 weeks and MSU won't play that well, and I expect Michigan to win (because it's really hard to win on the road against good teams in the Big10), but would it shock me to see MSU win? Not at all, they're also a good team.
I'm very disappointed with Michigan at the moment. They have so much skill and talent, but they aren't playing as a team and don't even attempt to get the best shot possible. Burke dominates the ball way too much - the goal of the offense should be to get a good look for Stauskas, and then let everything else fall in line. But Burke settles for fadeaway jumpers and everybody else watches. And obviously defense is an afterthought...that was the best Michigan St has looked offensively all year. Not just that they made shots, but they didn't have any trouble getting good looks. Even the worst big ten teams have forced Michigan St into tough shots in the halfcourt.

I think they bought into their own hype too much.
Jwhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
No credibility?

Like I knew that was going to happen.

The team that wins the B10 Title is probably Indiana just because of SOS from here on out. They are at MSU and Michigan, but and home against OSU. I see them winning at least 2 of those games. #1 team in the country.

Michigan somehow wins out, they will probably be big 10 champs/share. They only have two tough games left, both at home, and both against teams they need to lose State and Indiana. Probably not looking at a BIG 10 title.

MSU has the hardest schedule left.

At OSU, At Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana.

Not a cake walk. Wisconsin is trying to win the BIG10 title too, so thats a must win game for them against State. Only team to win at Indiana this year.

2-2 or 1-3 IMO. All 4 teams will throw the bus at them..
Indiana plays at MSU, at Minnesota, at Michigan and vs OSU, seems rather tough to me...By the way, have you seen Indiana play on the road? Besides the OSU game, they generally look pretty mediocre compared to at home where they get the most ridiculous calls ever (your team should be able to understand that). You have to puff them up though, I know this bit.

It's not surprising you pick against MSU, you always do. Why can't MSU win at home against Indiana? Because of a silly ranking? And sorry, Wisconsin doesn't scare me at the Breslin, away from Wisconsin? Absolutely, because they're tough to beat on the road, but MSU already did that this year.

MSU could lose 1 or 2 of their road games, I'd lean towards them losing both because it's tough to win on the road, but do I think they can beat either
team on the road? Sure, there is a chance.

Your failure to admit what everyone else in the country knows is entertaining, though.

Last edited by JustinVerlander07; 02-14-2013 at 12:58 PM.
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhoops View Post
I'm very disappointed with Michigan at the moment. They have so much skill and talent, but they aren't playing as a team and don't even attempt to get the best shot possible. Burke dominates the ball way too much - the goal of the offense should be to get a good look for Stauskas, and then let everything else fall in line. But Burke settles for fadeaway jumpers and everybody else watches. And obviously defense is an afterthought...that was the best Michigan St has looked offensively all year. Not just that they made shots, but they didn't have any trouble getting good looks. Even the worst big ten teams have forced Michigan St into tough shots in the halfcourt.

I think they bought into their own hype too much.
Glenn Robinson III becoming a statue hasn't helped them at all. I think he has a ton of potential, but I've been using the comparison that he looks right now like Keith Appling did at the end of last year. Very tentative, afraid to make a mistake, and lacking confidence.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #105 (permalink)

Admit what?

That Michigan lost 4 road games in the big ten, and one of them not being Minnesota...

Good thing the Tourneys aren't played in hostile enviroments...
Old 02-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Admit what?

That Michigan lost 4 road games in the big ten, and one of them not being Minnesota...

Good thing the Tourneys aren't played in hostile enviroments...
That despite you thinking MSU is awful, they're a very good team and an elite program.

Tough to win on the road in the Big10, no shame in losing to Minnesota.

You don't lose by 30 because of a 'hostile enviorment', though.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #107 (permalink)

Nevermind, no post
Jwhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
That despite you thinking MSU is awful, they're a very good team and an elite program.

Tough to win on the road in the Big10, no shame in losing to Minnesota.

You don't lose by 30 because of a 'hostile enviorment', though.
23 points? Michigan was down by what 24 against OSU and came back and tied it.

Guess what their tough road schedule is over, lost 4 times only.

Michigan slammed Minnesota at Minnesota.

Minnesota Slammed Michigan State at Minnesota.

Michigan State Slammed Michigan at Michigan State.

Lets see what happens in Ann Arbor. Sparty hasn't won there in a couple years.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
23 points? Michigan was down by what 24 against OSU and came back and tied it.

Guess what their tough road schedule is over, lost 4 times only.

Michigan slammed Minnesota at Minnesota.

Minnesota Slammed Michigan State at Minnesota.

Michigan State Slammed Michigan at Michigan State.

Lets see what happens in Ann Arbor. Sparty hasn't won there in a couple years.
Oh, sorry, I wasn't counting what walk on's with no name plates on the back of their jersey did. If it makes you feel better what Michigan's bench warmers did though, will go with 23, because that's so much better.

And did you watch MSU vs Minnesota? They didn't "slam" them at all.

But like I said, you just can't utter the words that MSU is a very good team with one of the best programs in the country. You are so bitter because your boys were soft as could be.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #110 (permalink)

Some of you might critique me for this, but I think Indiana State should get some credit with wins @ Wichita State, @ home vs. Creighton, Miami, and Ole Miss. A loss at Missouri St. last night hurt though
STLCARDINALS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #111 (permalink)

Ohio State almost blew it vs Northwestern.....at home
Old 02-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Losing to Cal at home is, well, REALLY bad.

Arizona screams pretender to me.
Quote:
Cal is a 13-9 (5-5 Pac12) team, please don't try and act like that's good, that's extremely medicore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
dude I've seen Cal play in person 2 times and also on tv numerous times.. They aren't good. They lost to Harvard at home.. Yes the same Harvard team that got beat by powerhouse Columbia today

As others have said sweet 16 sure but this team won't be making any final four run.
Quote:
OK, you can't compare losing to a bad team on the road, compared to losing to a bad team at home. Apples to oranges.

It's ok to be a homer, embrace that, just don't call bad teams like Cal good.
Like I said, Cal isn't a bad team, they're just wildly inconsistent for some reason, but when Crabbe is on his game, they are a very good team

They are taking UCLA out to the woodshed right now, 49-22 at the half and making it look easy
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #113 (permalink)

What happened with the end of the Gophers if anyone was watching it? Only saw the first half of the game.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #114 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
what happened with the end of the gophers if anyone was watching it? Only saw the first half of the game.
fck em bucky had the ball baseline out of bounds off a charge up 2 with 17 seconds left.. They call a timeout and dipshit runs the baseline to result in traveling... Minny gets fouled hits both fts for ot and fck em doesn't do sh1t in ot.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #115 (permalink)

Looks like Colorado is better than Arizona for the second game.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 02-14-2013, 11:45 PM   #116 (permalink)

I am done defending this team whether we make a comeback in this game somehow or not

I've been such a staunch believer in this team because the first 15ish games of the season we played with passion, heart, basically just energy. But ever since the Hawaii tournament, they just look like they're going through the motions and don't seem to care about the game or even trying hard.

This team has more than enough talent to make a FF run and I've just been expecting them to break out of this funk they have been in, but if they can't get up for this game at this point in the season, I'm not sure it's going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I still strongly believe if they finally pull their heads out of their asses that they're a threat to beat anyone in the tournament and make a run, but at this point, I'm starting to think its not going to happen

Just disappointing
Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #117 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
I am done defending this team whether we make a comeback in this game somehow or not

I've been such a staunch believer in this team because the first 15ish games of the season we played with passion, heart, basically just energy. But ever since the Hawaii tournament, they just look like they're going through the motions and don't seem to care about the game or even trying hard.

This team has more than enough talent to make a FF run and I've just been expecting them to break out of this funk they have been in, but if they can't get up for this game at this point in the season, I'm not sure it's going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I still strongly believe if they finally pull their heads out of their asses that they're a threat to beat anyone in the tournament and make a run, but at this point, I'm starting to think its not going to happen

Just disappointing
welcome to what I all saw months ago...
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #118 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I don't think I've seen a better team than Gonzaga this year.. The media is sleeping on them.. nobody east of the rockies have watched them... They should've beat Ohio State last year who went to the final four and have only gotten better.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
welcome to what I all saw months ago...
It's not like I didn't see it from this team, I've seen it, and on my Arizona boards I've been extremely vocal about how we have been regressing and haven't looked like we've cared for a while.

But what I know you didn't see was how we looked in the non-conference, you may have seen a few of the big games, but what you didn't see from all of them was that team cared a ton. They were having a lot of fun on the court, playing together, caring about every possession like it was the last.

This whole time I've just still felt that we were going to get back to being that team, watching the game tonight it just gave me the feeling that that team isn't coming back this season
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think I've seen a better team than Gonzaga this year.. The media is sleeping on them.. nobody east of the rockies have watched them... They should've beat Ohio State last year who went to the final four and have only gotten better.
lol I can think of at least 5 Big 10 teams who would be undefeated right now with their weak schedule.

OSU
Wisconsin
Michigan
MSU
Indiana
Maybe Minnesota.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #121 (permalink)

Arizona exposed, again. Glad we got that one out of the way. Losing 4 games in the Pac12 shouldn't happen if you're a very good team.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
lol I can think of at least 5 Big 10 teams who would be undefeated right now with their weak schedule.

OSU
Wisconsin
Michigan
MSU
Indiana
Maybe Minnesota.
I'm not sure Wisconsin's style of play will fare well against big scoring schools though come tourney time. It was fun the last couple days watching the local paper writers rip apart their style.
Quote:
On Thursday night, the Gophers were host to the narcolepsy-inducing Wisconsin Badgers, the ugliest No. 20-ranked team in the history of college basketball rankings.
Twelve straight misses. Four turnovers. And no field goals from the time Brust scored at 6:11 until Jared Berggren's putback with 10 seconds remaining in OT. That's four free throws and no other points in 11 minutes.

If Wisconsin is No. 20, I don't want to be forced to watch No. 21.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #123 (permalink)

Might have to stay on board with Tubby Time over Shaka Time if he actually can produce team chemistry.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:

OSU
Wisconsin
Michigan
MSU
Indiana
Maybe Minnesota.
Gonzaga is better than OSU, Wisconsin and Minnesota. I usually don't buy into Gonzaga, but they're pretty good.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
I'm not sure Wisconsin's style of play will fare well against big scoring schools though come tourney time. It was fun the last couple days watching the local paper writers rip apart their style.
Wisconsin will 95% likely not make it out of the 1st weekend, which is status quo for them.