Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #201 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,660
Default

I've looked at the hit by Nix and it looks like he hits him with an elbow to the gut, not the nads. At first, I thought it was the jewels, but his arm doesn't come down that low, from the video I saw. Either way, if TV Ted stopped play, then there was a reason to stop play. You don't go review it and then say "inconclusive". Call what your eyes told you the first time.

Great game by both teams, terrible officiating, and a lack of class by the loser(s) who threw crap on the court after the game. People like that ruin a very fun student section.

As a Hoosier fan, I enjoy watching the other student sections. Izzone is up there in the college ranks, but don't turn into the Crazies at Dook.
__________________
Basketball: NBA Vets/HOF players
Baseball: Ryne Stanek
Football: Andrew Luck
indyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #202 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Michigan hung with Indiana in Indiana.. Sparty couldn't even hang with the Golden Gophers.. Michigan couldn't hang with Sparty at the landfill.

Don't be so sure. Anything can happen on any given night. There is a reason why Michigan only has 4 losses. Didn't happen by accident.

Michigan has 2 chances to redeem themselves. Both at home.

If they get stomped, thats one thing. If they win both, thats a whole different thing.
Dude, it was a 1 or 3 point game with 3 minutes left at Minnesota, they lost on the road and fouled late to make the score worse than it was, if you WATCHED the game, you'd realize MSU actually led most of the 2nd half, and blew it at the end. Plus, if you didn't realize, MSU lost by only 5 at Indiana, so you continue to troll rather than introduce real insight.

It's hilarious though how much junk you talk even though your soft team was losing by 30 when the bench warmers went in vs MSU. THAT'S getting blown out of the water.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 186/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #203 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman4zags View Post
And Up go the ZAGS
Flash!!!!! Lunardi puts ZAGS in the drivers seat #1 SEED in the WEST...Finially
GO ZAGS
That's wrong in my opinion. With a SOS of 71, that's not exactly 1 seed worthy.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 186/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #204 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

HUGE game for Arizona tonight pertaining to NEXT season.

It's pretty well known that Aaron Gordon is down to Arizona and Washington (with Oregon having the ever so slightest chance still) and we play Washington tonight. Gordon has said he wants to have a shot at winning a championship, which obviously Washington isn't doing next year.

But a nice solid beat down of Washington tonight might just seal the deal for Gordon, so hopefully we decide to actually show up and play tonight, despite the SNOW IN TUCSON today, crazy, it snowed once in my 5 years out there.

If we get him, we'll have the best front court in the nation next year in Gordon, Ashley, Jerrett, and Tarczewski, nobody is going to be able to matchup with that kind of size and talent
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc

Last edited by zonacats8; 02-20-2013 at 06:39 PM.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #205 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Michigan hung with Indiana in Indiana.. Sparty couldn't even hang with the Golden Gophers.. Michigan couldn't hang with Sparty at the landfill.

Don't be so sure. Anything can happen on any given night. There is a reason why Michigan only has 4 losses. Didn't happen by accident.

Michigan has 2 chances to redeem themselves. Both at home.

If they get stomped, thats one thing. If they win both, thats a whole different thing.
They already got stomped.

I'm not as concerned with what happened 12 games ago, msu isnt the same team they were at the beginning of the year. Michigan looks like they havent improved one bit.
Jwhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #206 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
HUGE game for Arizona tonight pertaining to NEXT season.

It's pretty well known that Aaron Gordon is down to Arizona and Washington (with Oregon having the ever so slightest chance still) and we play Washington tonight. Gordon has said he wants to have a shot at winning a championship, which obviously Washington isn't doing next year.

But a nice solid beat down of Washington tonight might just seal the deal for Gordon, so hopefully we decide to actually show up and play tonight, despite the SNOW IN TUCSON today, crazy, it snowed once in my 5 years out there.

If we get him, we'll have the best front court in the nation next year in Gordon, Ashley, Jerrett, and Tarczewski, nobody is going to be able to matchup with that kind of size and talent
Despite the snow? Suck it up if an inch of snow has an affect on how you play basketball.
__________________
103 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Eric Decker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #207 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Despite the snow? Suck it up if an inch of snow has an affect on how you play basketball.
It was more of a joke than anything, but it honestly might affect the crowd tonight if there is still snow/ice on the ground come game time, they got two inches today, probably set some sort of record for snowfall not up in the mountains

The one time it showed when I was in school we got half an inch and driving was really scary as nobody there knew how to drive in it. I drove 2 miles to a friends house and decided to sleep on their couch as people were sliding all over the place, really unsafe to be out there

Given the average age of our crowd, if driving conditions are still bad, many will stay home as they literally can't drive with snow or ice on the ground as they just don't know how
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #208 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,928
Default

11 fouls in the first 5 minutes of the Gophers game. 2 on Smith, Rodney, Coleman already.
__________________
103 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Eric Decker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #209 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
It was more of a joke than anything, but it honestly might affect the crowd tonight if there is still snow/ice on the ground come game time, they got two inches today, probably set some sort of record for snowfall not up in the mountains

The one time it showed when I was in school we got half an inch and driving was really scary as nobody there knew how to drive in it. I drove 2 miles to a friends house and decided to sleep on their couch as people were sliding all over the place, really unsafe to be out there

Given the average age of our crowd, if driving conditions are still bad, many will stay home as they literally can't drive with snow or ice on the ground as they just don't know how
Stupid snowbirds, 1/2 an inch just makes the turns easier when the card can slide into it.
__________________
103 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Eric Decker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #210 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,928
Default

8 turnover in 8 minutes already for the U. Mo had one knocked out of his hands, threw one under Oto's legs, Elliott threw one right out of bounds, Trev had one knocked away, and each team is already in the bonus. Refs are going to kill this game with the starters on the bench so long.
__________________
103 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Eric Decker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #211 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Stupid snowbirds, 1/2 an inch just makes the turns easier when the card can slide into it.
Citizens of Tucson can't drive in the rain, throw snow into the mix and its not a fun place to be, hell, they can't even drive in good weather, the running joke in town is that Helen Keller is alive and well and driving in Tucson.

Growing up in Michigan driving in snow is just second nature, but even I was too afraid to drive home that one night because of all the other idiots who don't know how to control their car in it
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #212 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,928
Default

Craft snuck that one away off a travel.
__________________
103 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Eric Decker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #213 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,660
Default

Always pulling for Arizona when IU isn't playing!
__________________
Basketball: NBA Vets/HOF players
Baseball: Ryne Stanek
Football: Andrew Luck
indyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #214 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyguy View Post
Always pulling for Arizona when IU isn't playing!
Then you sir are a new friend of mine, Go Cats!
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #215 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,798
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
That's wrong in my opinion. With a SOS of 71, that's not exactly 1 seed worthy.
Worst 1 seed ever?
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #216 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Worst 1 seed ever?
I'd have to check, but it would probably be up there.

Michigan and MSU both deserve 1 seeds before Gonzaga would, Louisville, also, atleast.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 186/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #217 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Worst 1 seed ever?
First 1/16 upset? Their center is a chick, that has to be a first.
__________________
103 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Eric Decker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #218 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,798
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Could you imagine a 1 16 game. Zaga vs Indiana State?
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #219 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
First 1/16 upset? Their center is a chick, that has to be a first.
She beat Brittney Griner to the men's side of the game.
__________________
Basketball: NBA Vets/HOF players
Baseball: Ryne Stanek
Football: Andrew Luck
indyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #220 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,928
Default

Well, beat Indiana if we want better than a 9 seed.
__________________
103 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Eric Decker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #221 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: michigan
Posts: 4,823
Default

I was hoping Deshaun Thomas would go off tonight so he could let up on MSU Sunday. Adreian Payne should be good for 15, though. He always gets up to play OSU.
__________________
Dan LeFevour PC 186/283
Looking for Detroit Tigers Autos/Jsys I don't have.
JustinVerlander07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #222 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Umich and IU look crazy good. Oladipo, and Burke. They are gonna b like top 5 picks
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #223 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
That's wrong in my opinion. With a SOS of 71, that's not exactly 1 seed worthy.
The best record in NCAA div1 at 25-2, 12-0 conf play, 9-1 TRUE road games, 5-0 against the big 12, Ranked 3rd in both coaches and ap, RPI 12, BPI 6, 3rd in field goal percentage, A "Whole" team that plays and scores, 3 players that score double digits per game, and 9 others that score. thee deepest team playing this year, not to mention 15 plus years of top 25 play, plays games anywhere in the country not just in our own back yard. and o ya, owning their conference play.
SOS only means a lot if you are WINNING or lost at sea, look at Minnesota 18-8 SOS #2.

#1 seed Gonzaga, I like the rink of it however it really does not matter until the music in march is done, with that being said, I do believe the Zags will be at the end with the National Title.
Go Zags!!!!!!
Tinman4zags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #224 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman4zags View Post
The best record in NCAA div1 at 25-2, 12-0 conf play, 9-1 TRUE road games, 5-0 against the big 12, Ranked 3rd in both coaches and ap, RPI 12, BPI 6, 3rd in field goal percentage, A "Whole" team that plays and scores, 3 players that score double digits per game, and 9 others that score. thee deepest team playing this year, not to mention 15 plus years of top 25 play, plays games anywhere in the country not just in our own back yard. and o ya, owning their conference play.
SOS only means a lot if you are WINNING or lost at sea, look at Minnesota 18-8 SOS #2.

#1 seed Gonzaga, I like the rink of it however it really does not matter until the music in march is done, with that being said, I do believe the Zags will be at the end with the National Title.
Go Zags!!!!!!
And they lost both of their two toughest games........................
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p615/ZonaCats8/Jonathan%20Stewart%20PC/?start=all
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #225 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman4zags View Post
The best record in NCAA div1 at 25-2, 12-0 conf play, 9-1 TRUE road games, 5-0 against the big 12, Ranked 3rd in both coaches and ap, RPI 12, BPI 6, 3rd in field goal percentage, A "Whole" team that plays and scores, 3 players that score double digits per game, and 9 others that score. thee deepest team playing this year, not to mention 15 plus years of top 25 play, plays games anywhere in the country not just in our own back yard. and o ya, owning their conference play.
SOS only means a lot if you are WINNING or lost at sea, look at Minnesota 18-8 SOS #2.

#1 seed Gonzaga, I like the rink of it however it really does not matter until the music in march is done, with that being said, I do believe the Zags will be at the end with the National Title.
Go Zags!!!!!!
12-0 conference doesn't matter when they play with high school teams.
__________________
103 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Adam Brett Walker, Twins Printing Plates, Eric Decker
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.