Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #201 (permalink)

I've looked at the hit by Nix and it looks like he hits him with an elbow to the gut, not the nads. At first, I thought it was the jewels, but his arm doesn't come down that low, from the video I saw. Either way, if TV Ted stopped play, then there was a reason to stop play. You don't go review it and then say "inconclusive". Call what your eyes told you the first time.

Great game by both teams, terrible officiating, and a lack of class by the loser(s) who threw crap on the court after the game. People like that ruin a very fun student section.

As a Hoosier fan, I enjoy watching the other student sections. Izzone is up there in the college ranks, but don't turn into the Crazies at Dook.
indyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Michigan hung with Indiana in Indiana.. Sparty couldn't even hang with the Golden Gophers.. Michigan couldn't hang with Sparty at the landfill.

Don't be so sure. Anything can happen on any given night. There is a reason why Michigan only has 4 losses. Didn't happen by accident.

Michigan has 2 chances to redeem themselves. Both at home.

If they get stomped, thats one thing. If they win both, thats a whole different thing.
Dude, it was a 1 or 3 point game with 3 minutes left at Minnesota, they lost on the road and fouled late to make the score worse than it was, if you WATCHED the game, you'd realize MSU actually led most of the 2nd half, and blew it at the end. Plus, if you didn't realize, MSU lost by only 5 at Indiana, so you continue to troll rather than introduce real insight.

It's hilarious though how much junk you talk even though your soft team was losing by 30 when the bench warmers went in vs MSU. THAT'S getting blown out of the water.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman4zags View Post
And Up go the ZAGS
Flash!!!!! Lunardi puts ZAGS in the drivers seat #1 SEED in the WEST...Finially
GO ZAGS
That's wrong in my opinion. With a SOS of 71, that's not exactly 1 seed worthy.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #204 (permalink)

HUGE game for Arizona tonight pertaining to NEXT season.

It's pretty well known that Aaron Gordon is down to Arizona and Washington (with Oregon having the ever so slightest chance still) and we play Washington tonight. Gordon has said he wants to have a shot at winning a championship, which obviously Washington isn't doing next year.

But a nice solid beat down of Washington tonight might just seal the deal for Gordon, so hopefully we decide to actually show up and play tonight, despite the SNOW IN TUCSON today, crazy, it snowed once in my 5 years out there.

If we get him, we'll have the best front court in the nation next year in Gordon, Ashley, Jerrett, and Tarczewski, nobody is going to be able to matchup with that kind of size and talent

Last edited by zonacats8; 02-20-2013 at 06:39 PM.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Michigan hung with Indiana in Indiana.. Sparty couldn't even hang with the Golden Gophers.. Michigan couldn't hang with Sparty at the landfill.

Don't be so sure. Anything can happen on any given night. There is a reason why Michigan only has 4 losses. Didn't happen by accident.

Michigan has 2 chances to redeem themselves. Both at home.

If they get stomped, thats one thing. If they win both, thats a whole different thing.
They already got stomped.

I'm not as concerned with what happened 12 games ago, msu isnt the same team they were at the beginning of the year. Michigan looks like they havent improved one bit.
Jwhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
HUGE game for Arizona tonight pertaining to NEXT season.

It's pretty well known that Aaron Gordon is down to Arizona and Washington (with Oregon having the ever so slightest chance still) and we play Washington tonight. Gordon has said he wants to have a shot at winning a championship, which obviously Washington isn't doing next year.

But a nice solid beat down of Washington tonight might just seal the deal for Gordon, so hopefully we decide to actually show up and play tonight, despite the SNOW IN TUCSON today, crazy, it snowed once in my 5 years out there.

If we get him, we'll have the best front court in the nation next year in Gordon, Ashley, Jerrett, and Tarczewski, nobody is going to be able to matchup with that kind of size and talent
Despite the snow? Suck it up if an inch of snow has an affect on how you play basketball.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Despite the snow? Suck it up if an inch of snow has an affect on how you play basketball.
It was more of a joke than anything, but it honestly might affect the crowd tonight if there is still snow/ice on the ground come game time, they got two inches today, probably set some sort of record for snowfall not up in the mountains

The one time it showed when I was in school we got half an inch and driving was really scary as nobody there knew how to drive in it. I drove 2 miles to a friends house and decided to sleep on their couch as people were sliding all over the place, really unsafe to be out there

Given the average age of our crowd, if driving conditions are still bad, many will stay home as they literally can't drive with snow or ice on the ground as they just don't know how
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #208 (permalink)

11 fouls in the first 5 minutes of the Gophers game. 2 on Smith, Rodney, Coleman already.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 02-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
It was more of a joke than anything, but it honestly might affect the crowd tonight if there is still snow/ice on the ground come game time, they got two inches today, probably set some sort of record for snowfall not up in the mountains

The one time it showed when I was in school we got half an inch and driving was really scary as nobody there knew how to drive in it. I drove 2 miles to a friends house and decided to sleep on their couch as people were sliding all over the place, really unsafe to be out there

Given the average age of our crowd, if driving conditions are still bad, many will stay home as they literally can't drive with snow or ice on the ground as they just don't know how
Stupid snowbirds, 1/2 an inch just makes the turns easier when the card can slide into it.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #210 (permalink)

8 turnover in 8 minutes already for the U. Mo had one knocked out of his hands, threw one under Oto's legs, Elliott threw one right out of bounds, Trev had one knocked away, and each team is already in the bonus. Refs are going to kill this game with the starters on the bench so long.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Stupid snowbirds, 1/2 an inch just makes the turns easier when the card can slide into it.
Citizens of Tucson can't drive in the rain, throw snow into the mix and its not a fun place to be, hell, they can't even drive in good weather, the running joke in town is that Helen Keller is alive and well and driving in Tucson.

Growing up in Michigan driving in snow is just second nature, but even I was too afraid to drive home that one night because of all the other idiots who don't know how to control their car in it
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #212 (permalink)

Craft snuck that one away off a travel.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #213 (permalink)

Always pulling for Arizona when IU isn't playing!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyguy View Post
Always pulling for Arizona when IU isn't playing!
Then you sir are a new friend of mine, Go Cats!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #215 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
Worst 1 seed ever?
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #216 (permalink)

Quote:
Worst 1 seed ever?
I'd have to check, but it would probably be up there.

Michigan and MSU both deserve 1 seeds before Gonzaga would, Louisville, also, atleast.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Worst 1 seed ever?
First 1/16 upset? Their center is a chick, that has to be a first.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #218 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Could you imagine a 1 16 game. Zaga vs Indiana State?
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
First 1/16 upset? Their center is a chick, that has to be a first.
She beat Brittney Griner to the men's side of the game.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #220 (permalink)

Well, beat Indiana if we want better than a 9 seed.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #221 (permalink)

I was hoping Deshaun Thomas would go off tonight so he could let up on MSU Sunday. Adreian Payne should be good for 15, though. He always gets up to play OSU.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #222 (permalink)

Umich and IU look crazy good. Oladipo, and Burke. They are gonna b like top 5 picks
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander07 View Post
The best record in NCAA div1 at 25-2, 12-0 conf play, 9-1 TRUE road games, 5-0 against the big 12, Ranked 3rd in both coaches and ap, RPI 12, BPI 6, 3rd in field goal percentage, A "Whole" team that plays and scores, 3 players that score double digits per game, and 9 others that score. thee deepest team playing this year, not to mention 15 plus years of top 25 play, plays games anywhere in the country not just in our own back yard. and o ya, owning their conference play.
SOS only means a lot if you are WINNING or lost at sea, look at Minnesota 18-8 SOS #2.

#1 seed Gonzaga, I like the rink of it however it really does not matter until the music in march is done, with that being said, I do believe the Zags will be at the end with the National Title.
Go Zags!!!!!!
Tinman4zags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
The best record in NCAA div1 at 25-2, 12-0 conf play, 9-1 TRUE road games, 5-0 against the big 12, Ranked 3rd in both coaches and ap, RPI 12, BPI 6, 3rd in field goal percentage, A "Whole" team that plays and scores, 3 players that score double digits per game, and 9 others that score. thee deepest team playing this year, not to mention 15 plus years of top 25 play, plays games anywhere in the country not just in our own back yard. and o ya, owning their conference play.
SOS only means a lot if you are WINNING or lost at sea, look at Minnesota 18-8 SOS #2.

#1 seed Gonzaga, I like the rink of it however it really does not matter until the music in march is done, with that being said, I do believe the Zags will be at the end with the National Title.
Go Zags!!!!!!
And they lost both of their two toughest games........................
Old 02-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:

Go Zags!!!!!!
12-0 conference doesn't matter when they play with high school teams.