Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Ricky rubio what happen to this guy? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/435815-ricky-rubio-what-happen-guy.html)

GoldenBoy23 01-20-2013 11:08 AM

Ricky rubio what happen to this guy?

and specially his cards. from all the hype last year to now. :confused::confused::confused:

All his stats are completely down! :rolleyes:

howethegreat 01-20-2013 11:19 AM

torn acl,recovered,hurt back and his stats are bad

GoldenBoy23 01-20-2013 11:23 AM

I wonder if he will post good numbers in the future.

Wings 01-20-2013 11:54 AM

[QUOTE=GoldenBoy23;4067638]I wonder if he will post good numbers in the future.[/QUOTE]

I believe in Rubio, but it will take him time.

IamRalpho 01-20-2013 12:15 PM

This year is a giant mulligan for him, he is gonna be fine. Id jump on his cards now before he gets fully healthy next yuear

murrke03 01-20-2013 12:35 PM

How old is he now?

Still young so he has time I think. Although the hype people were giving him was a little ridiculous.

ChasK510 01-20-2013 12:38 PM

Overreacting. Coming back from that injury it will take some time. He was great before that tragic injury.

GA0 01-20-2013 12:52 PM

He's only 22 years young, the ADHD people need to slow their roll. I mean, John Wall was a bust before this season started. Jeez.:rolleyes:

pnft17 01-20-2013 12:56 PM

He needs to learn how to shoot. He almost misses as many lay ups as Derrick Williams does.
Turning ball over way too much this year as well.

He is been playing pro ball for several years. He is not young anymore.
Looks like his minutes are going way up now, so we should be able to get a good read on him the rest of the season.

Wings 01-20-2013 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=pnft17;4068229]He needs to learn how to shoot. He almost misses as many lay ups as Derrick Williams does.
Turning ball over way too much this year as well.

He is been playing pro ball for several years. [B]He is not young anymore.[/B]
Looks like his minutes are going way up now, so we should be able to get a good read on him the rest of the season.[/QUOTE]

Hes extremely young at 22 and only has played 50 NBA games. Nothing is like the NBA so im not so sure about "not being young anymore"

bbplaya11 01-20-2013 02:13 PM

Idno what people expect from this kid, can't really score, can't rebound, and no d, can't live off assists

CC_123 01-20-2013 02:27 PM

Also look at the team that has been taken away from him this year when he has played

Love, Roy, Budinger, Lee, now Pek and Shved for some games!
Those are players that can score and play and help out Rubio that aren't playing. Injuries have hurt Rubio this year as well as recovery from injury

pnft17 01-20-2013 02:38 PM

With these injuries it's time for Rubio to shine and score! same for Derrick Williams.
Your team now to take over in all phases.

CC_123 01-20-2013 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=pnft17;4069005]With these injuries it's time for Rubio to shine and score! same for Derrick Williams.
Your team now to take over in all phases.[/QUOTE]

Less players that can score means they will be focusing on the couple that are healthy that can score, so your "logic" makes no sense. If the Wolves were 100%, it opens more opprotunity for Williams and Rubio since the opponent wouldn't be focused on them like they are now that the Wolves top weapons are injured. And everyone knew that Rubio wasn't a scorer coming into the NBA. If he averages 10 PPG for his career with 9-10 APG, 1.5 SPG, and 4 RPG he would exceed expectations.

pnft17 01-20-2013 03:08 PM

[QUOTE=CC_123;4069171]Less players that can score means they will be focusing on the couple that are healthy that can score, so your "logic" makes no sense. If the Wolves were 100%, it opens more opprotunity for Williams and Rubio since the opponent wouldn't be focused on them like they are now that the Wolves top weapons are injured. And everyone knew that Rubio wasn't a scorer coming into the NBA. If he averages 10 PPG for his career with 9-10 APG, 1.5 SPG, and 4 RPG he would exceed expectations.[/QUOTE]

No team focuses on stoping Rubio and Williams. They want Rubio and Williams to shoot. Just like teams want Rondo to shoot.
To be an elite player you need to get it done.
Wolves still have Pek, Ak, Luke, JJ ect...
Not like Rubio is playing with guys off the street. I just hate excuses. You either show up and get it done or you don't.

CC_123 01-20-2013 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=pnft17;4069287]No team focuses on stoping Rubio and Williams. They want Rubio and Williams to shoot. Just like teams want Rondo to shoot.
To be an elite player you need to get it done.
Wolves still have Pek, Ak, Luke, JJ ect...
Not like Rubio is playing with guys off the street. I just hate excuses. You either show up and get it done or you don't.[/QUOTE]

Look at the players that are playing RIGHT NOW. They just signed Gelabale and Chris Johnson to 10 day contracts and HAD to play them with significant minutes and in crunch time last night. Outside of AK47 and Ridnour, the Wolves don't have scorers on their roster healthy. They are playing players like Greg Steisma, Lou Amundson, Johnson, and Gelabale because they have injuries to all of their scorers besides the ones I stated. Love, Roy, Budinger, Pek, and Shved are all out right now. It makes a big difference having those players to open up the floor more for Rubio, Williams, ect. Last season before Rubio got hurt, having Love and Pek playing healthy benefitted him and that's why he averaged 10 PPG. With the roster the Wolves have HEALTHY right now, the teams are goin to be focussing on Rubio, Williams, Ridnour, and AK47 more, unlike when the Wolves are healthy where the teams would be focussing on Love, Pek, and AK47 over Rubio and Williams.

dasiegel 01-20-2013 10:36 PM

im gonna buy all his cards for cheap this summer and sell them to you next fall for mad loot!!!

Earvin32 01-20-2013 11:21 PM

This season for the wolves is a wash. They had dreams of the playoffs but Love pushed too much to get in shape after the olympics. Broke his hand doing pushups. Came back early and broke it again. They started the year with a lot of pressure to win (Love put pressure on team also with his comments). Then the injury bug bit many. Rubio has limited players to pass to presently. Still working to feel comfortable with his repaired knee. Lots of new guys coming in to fill spots. This year is a good year to pick up Rubio cards and see what happens with the wolves in 2013-14.

pnft17 01-20-2013 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=Earvin32;4074447]This season for the wolves is a wash. They had dreams of the playoffs but Love pushed too much to get in shape after the olympics. Broke his hand doing pushups. Came back early and broke it again. They started the year with a lot of pressure to win (Love put pressure on team also with his comments). Then the injury bug bit many. Rubio has limited players to pass to presently. Still working to feel comfortable with his repaired knee. Lots of new guys coming in to fill spots. This year is a good year to pick up Rubio cards and see what happens with the wolves in 2013-14.[/QUOTE]

Your really are buying the Love push up story?

Season should not be a wash.
Pek, Ak, Rubio, D Ill, JJ, Luke, DC...team has talent and bottom 7,8 playoff spots are anybody guess right now. Love should be back in March.

dasiegel 01-21-2013 01:44 AM

[QUOTE=Earvin32;4074447]This season for the wolves is a wash. They had dreams of the playoffs but Love pushed too much to get in shape after the olympics. Broke his hand doing pushups. Came back early and broke it again. They started the year with a lot of pressure to win (Love put pressure on team also with his comments). Then the injury bug bit many. Rubio has limited players to pass to presently. Still working to feel comfortable with his repaired knee. Lots of new guys coming in to fill spots. This year is a good year to pick up Rubio cards and see what happens with the wolves in 2013-14.[/QUOTE]

AMEN brotha

Earvin32 01-21-2013 07:22 AM

I don't know about what caused his break. If you did something dumb and broke your arm, couldn't you come up with a better excuse. I think is might be true just because it would make such a silly lie. The truth can be stranger than fiction. If he was doing a serious, high intensity workout and it broke, what would the sounded like? Gives me the keeps.

Earvin32 01-21-2013 07:23 AM

Back to the topic, anyone want to see more of Rubio in tv commercials? Loved the backyard wrestling ad. Dwight Howard as a ghost hunter was also good.

OKCThunder35 01-21-2013 08:45 AM

I heard from my buddy who knows a guy that works with the wolves and lives an apartment down from Love and heard him yelling at his girlfriend then punched a refrigerator or a wall or something and expected that's how he broke it.

bdoody42 01-21-2013 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=OKCThunder35;4075703]I heard from my buddy who knows a guy that works with the wolves and lives an apartment down from Love and heard him yelling at his girlfriend then punched a refrigerator or a wall or something and expected that's how he broke it.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a stretch....but hey who knows.

OKCThunder35 01-21-2013 08:52 AM

[QUOTE=bdoody42;4075719]Seems like a stretch....but hey who knows.[/QUOTE]

I believe it.