Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #201 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
ugghhhhh i want to disagree with you but.......yeah
I don't like saying that because I am a Bulls fan, always have been, and I used to love Rose, but I just can't defend him on this.

You look at a guy like Kobe or Jordan, or even probably Lebron and after seeing a game like this they wouldn't have the mind set "well this team sucks, I'm not going to play", they would suit up the next game and do what they can to help the team.

The problem is in Rose's head at this point, and he could sit out 5 years and his first games back would still be tentative. When you're healed from an injury, but low on confidence the ONLY way to regain that is by playing. Even if he has to play 10 minutes a game, he needs to go out there, not for his confidence, but to let the rest of the team know he's their leader and he's "all in" with them.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
He's the number 1 pick, he's the MVP, he's supposed to be THE guy.

And what's the Bulls motivation right now?

All season they've been treading water waiting for Rose to return after the all-star break, and now Rose is saying he doesn't mind missing the rest of the season, and Rose's brother is calling the Bulls a bunch of scrubs.

The Bulls had this energy about them earlier because they knew their MVP would be back and that when he came back they'd be a very good team. But now Rose is medically cleared and not playing and I don't blame the team for being a bit deflated.

The guy that's supposed to lead them is cleared to play but scared to, which isn't a very good quality in a leader considering guys like Noah and Deng have played through injuries all season.

You lead by example and Rose is setting a bad example every game he's missed since being cleared
Because doctors and everybody else knows your own body and mind better thsn you yourself do...

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/
oshmeehan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #203 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacerjones20 View Post
Ever since Rose's brother came out with those comments they have played like complete crap
Yeah, that definitely seemed to be a turning point for the team unfortunately.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #204 (permalink)

Ouch...........brutal loss
Hoopsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #205 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Seems like the entire team is mental.

I mean if the leader of the team doesn't show interest in returning, who will?

If you are scared to get on the court you might as well retire now. Ridiculous

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #206 (permalink)

forget about this game i cant even talk about it

the d rose thing sucks
his brother from what i can see loves him very much, but he screwed him , this feeling that hes not coming back cause the team stinks is wrong
BTW team doesn't suck , there fighting for a playoff spot with many injuries not just rose , hes a good kid IMO the most humble super star in the sport , and only he can tell when hes ready
i understand people being frustrated by him not playing , but at the start of the year there were doubts he would play at all this year , but because of the stupid comments by his brother and the return adds people are trying to pressure him to come back , I'm a huge bulls fan and one of the few people that believes if he comes back this year we could beat the heat...i know crazy , but if he misses the whole year he misses it ,that's it we go hard next year and make a run , and BTW ,not giving up on this year...yet

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #207 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrose23 View Post
forget about this game i cant even talk about it

the d rose thing sucks
his brother from what i can see loves him very much, but he screwed him , this feeling that hes not coming back cause the team stinks is wrong
BTW team doesn't suck , there fighting for a playoff spot with many injuries not just rose , hes a good kid IMO the most humble super star in the sport , and only he can tell when hes ready
i understand people being frustrated by him not playing , but at the start of the year there were doubts he would play at all this year , but because of the stupid comments by his brother and the return adds people are trying to pressure him to come back , I'm a huge bulls fan and one of the few people that believes if he comes back this year we could beat the heat...i know crazy , but if he misses the whole year he misses it ,that's it we go hard next year and make a run , and BTW ,not giving up on this year...yet
If he wasn't cleared to play this season I could live with that, but he was cleared and isn't playing now. And the ads don't help him, but if I remember it's his voice at the end of those ads saying "I'm all in".
Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
He's the number 1 pick, he's the MVP, he's supposed to be THE guy.

And what's the Bulls motivation right now?

All season they've been treading water waiting for Rose to return after the all-star break, and now Rose is saying he doesn't mind missing the rest of the season, and Rose's brother is calling the Bulls a bunch of scrubs.

The Bulls had this energy about them earlier because they knew their MVP would be back and that when he came back they'd be a very good team. But now Rose is medically cleared and not playing and I don't blame the team for being a bit deflated.

The guy that's supposed to lead them is cleared to play but scared to, which isn't a very good quality in a leader considering guys like Noah and Deng have played through injuries all season.

You lead by example and Rose is setting a bad example every game he's missed since being cleared
I agree with you on some things, but although noah and deng have played through injuries this season you can't compare their injuries to rose's. Remember rose played through injuries last year and that might of been part of the reason why he tore his acl. I could understand why he hasn't played until hes ready physically and mentally, he wants to be caplable of giving it his all like he always has.

As far as being a leader and leading by example, rose is great in my opinion. Like I said he's played through injuries, lead his team to best record in the nba and won mvp with noah and boozer missed alot if games that season. Plus he took all the blame for the loss to miami. So if your going to question his leadership, I choose to give him the benifit of the doubt.

You can't feel diflated to point of being humiliated by a bad team because your superstar says hes not ready to play. Remember they are still PROFESSIONAL NBA PLAYERS making MILLIONS OF $$$$. you still have to make a better effort no matter who you're playing with or against point blank no excuses! It's not like this is the first game its happenned. The lost a 25 point lead to yhe bucks at home and lost, got blown out by houston at home. Had home losses to hornets, bobcats, suns, and cavs with no kyrie irving! If you depend so much of your success on 1 player than maybe your character should come into question.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #209 (permalink)

I don't get people having their jockeys in a bunch over Rose. He'll come back when he feels ready. And not a moment sooner. He just needs to get over the mental aspect, and when ever that is is fine with me. They aren't winning a damn thing this season, or as long as they have the defensive black hole, Boozer on the team anyway.
Bizzydesigner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #210 (permalink)
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzydesigner View Post
I don't get people having their jockeys in a bunch over Rose. He'll come back when he feels ready. And not a moment sooner. He just needs to get over the mental aspect, and when ever that is is fine with me. They aren't winning a damn thing this season, or as long as they have the defensive black hole, Boozer on the team anyway.
Exactly. I can't believe "fans" are starting to turn on him. Go root for the Heat because I don't want you rooting for my team. This is the man who gave up his body, shouldering his team to the playoffs. I refuse to turn on him

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #211 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzydesigner View Post
First off, only way to get over mental aspect is by....wait for it....PLAYING!

Even if it's 10 minutes a game, the only way he will regain confidence is by playing. He is cleared to do so and should be playing. How many great players get cleared medically to play but still sit out for an extended time?

And why can't they win? They were competitive with the Heat a few years ago in the playoffs, and saying they aren't winning a damn thing is basically ripping on Rose since he's the MVP and he's the guy that's supposed the take the Bulls there.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #212 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
Exactly. I can't believe "fans" are starting to turn on him. Go root for the Heat because I don't want you rooting for my team. This is the man who gave up his body, shouldering his team to the playoffs. I refuse to turn on him
I'm a fan of the Bulls. Was a fan before Derrick Rose was on the team and will be a fan after he's done with this team.

You're kinda blowing it out of proportion though, don't you think? It's a basketball player, and you're making it sound like some Hollywood Epic Movie where Rose is the hero who dies in the end
Old 03-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #213 (permalink)
Jin

Quote:
I'm a fan of the Bulls. Was a fan before Derrick Rose was on the team and will be a fan after he's done with this team.

You're kinda blowing it out of proportion though, don't you think? It's a basketball player, and you're making it sound like some Hollywood Epic Movie where Rose is the hero who dies in the end
Haha yea I am, but that's just because I'm passionate about this team.

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
First off, only way to get over mental aspect is by....wait for it....PLAYING!

Even if it's 10 minutes a game, the only way he will regain confidence is by playing. He is cleared to do so and should be playing. How many great players get cleared medically to play but still sit out for an extended time?

And why can't they win? They were competitive with the Heat a few years ago in the playoffs, and saying they aren't winning a damn thing is basically ripping on Rose since he's the MVP and he's the guy that's supposed the take the Bulls there.
Unless they miraculously get healthy as a team(Rose, Noah, Deng, Gibson, Hinrich, Nate, RIP are all currently playing hurt or are out entirely), and Boozer plays D, or Taj develops a consistent J (Thus rendering Boozer obsolete) or Jimmy gains some more confidence in his overall game they just don't have what it takes for this season. I would love for them to prove me absolutely wrong.
Bizzydesigner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #215 (permalink)

is rose returning on monday? someone on facebook posted a tweet saying the monday bulls game has been move from one station to a main station, its got people wondering if its the return of rose.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #216 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
is rose returning on monday? someone on facebook posted a tweet saying the monday bulls game has been move from one station to a main station, its got people wondering if its the return of rose.
Wouldn't that be strange if the Bulls told the networks Rose was returning before they released it publicly?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #217 (permalink)

I just don't understand why Rose won't play. Let's be honest here, if Adrian Peterson can come back from from basically the same injury in about seven months and play football, why can't Rose come back after 10 months and play? I just don't get it. Is there something I'm missing?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #218 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kards View Post
I just don't understand why Rose won't play. Let's be honest here, if Adrian Peterson can come back from from basically the same injury in about seven months and play football, why can't Rose come back after 10 months and play? I just don't get it. Is there something I'm missing?
I think it's unfair to compare different players when it comes to injuries. No two injuries are exactly alike.

That being said, Rose should be playing since he's cleared
Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #219 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
it looks like he is , now its going to get good.....

Old 03-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
it looks like he is , now its going to get good.....
i hope that source is reliable. its good for the bulls, good for the league, and good for the fans!!!! although i will be severly pissed if they end up beating the heat in the playoffs lol.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #221 (permalink)

I wanted to see Denver anyways, so I'll probably be picking up tickets for this one.

Maybe I'll wear my FUK LBJ shirt this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOcDXgsrX3M

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #222 (permalink)

im a game late but welcome back guys

Old 03-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #223 (permalink)

nice win

Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #224 (permalink)

2 in a row
next up we will be known as the streak busters
maybe d rose first game of the year

Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #225 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
2 in a row
next up we will be known as the streak busters
maybe d rose first game of the year
That would be sick!

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote