Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
The single greatest invention came from NONE of those countries.

Name some important inventions that came from the USA?
I thought electricity was a pretty great invention. What do you think?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #27 (permalink)

Dear god basketball collectors believe anything

If I'm not mistaken didnt "the scam of the century" hit the basketball forums the hardest?
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
No way that card is worth that much. Rule of thumb for buyers: Do not buy Cards from third world east asian countries. ANd if you do, BBW

New Jersey is more 'third world' than Taiwan. Get out much?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post

If I'm not mistaken didnt "the scam of the century" hit the basketball forums the hardest?
The Haiku scam hit the football forum 10000x harder than the bkb. I believe it only impacted a few bkb forum regulars, at most...
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #30 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Im writing a paper about doing business in China as a foreigner. There is so much red tape, its unbelievable. They even screw over their own kind, as they did with Singaporeans.(you can look it up) When one country systematically allows intellectual theft, and I speak against it, I become a racist?

Look, you obviously dont have much of an education. So I suggest, knocking on your community college door, and get started. Its never too late bro.
I was in Suzhou, Beijing and Shanghai in October, part of an elective trip in my MBA program. We met with over a dozen companies, both foreign and domestic. You are not completely correct. The western misconceptions of China are enormous.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:

You are mistaken. It hit football much harder.

"You football collectors will believe anything"

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhiggs View Post
I thought electricity was a pretty great invention. What do you think?
It was. But without democracy it would have never been able to be done!!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

It did. But I think it took you football guys for more than anyone else on these boards. Imagine that.. A guy selling basketball scams a bunch of football geeks!! Want a ribbon?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Im writing a paper about doing business in China as a foreigner. There is so much red tape, its unbelievable. They even screw over their own kind, as they did with Singaporeans.(you can look it up) When one country systematically allows intellectual theft, and I speak against it, I become a racist?

Look, you obviously dont have much of an education. So I suggest, knocking on your community college door, and get started. Its never too late bro.
Which program and what school do you attend? Since we are comparing swords!!??

Just some recent messages from you that never made sense

Your thought on how easy it would be to liquidate your basketball cards for top dollar during economic dire times because everyone will be on ebay rushing to buy your cards as their top priority
Quote:
"If the economy falls out?" What does that even mean? I can easily liquidate my collection on ebay.

The best piece ive read from you that still makes me laugh. This coming from an ECO student?
Quote:
Nah, wrong reasoning. If you like the CTS-V and dont have money to buy it, than you DONT buy it. BUying it used makes you look poor and desperate to show off. Instead you would buy a different brand/car. ANyway, I see your point. When someone buys a Ford, to him it feels like a CTS-V because he owns it. Its human nature to value things you own more than they are actually worth. Ever know someone that thinks their home is worth more than it actually is? I would rather stick to better cards. Absolute Crap.

Quote:
Yes, Driving a junk car makes you look poor. Its about status. Poor generally= Uneducated. You dont have to drive a BMW or Porsche, but if you are in your 30-40s still driving the tin can you drove in college, than it looks bad.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 01-22-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Hey Pauly D nice signature quote ... I never gave you permission to quote anything of mine sir so please take that down.If you have something to say create another flamer thread you punk #@#@#@#@#@#@h.Been a slow few months? Have not seen you bragging about your cards lately?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
No way that card is worth that much. Rule of thumb for buyers: Do not buy Cards from third world east asian countries. ANd if you do, BBW
How stupid and dumb are u?
kiddpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
F riggin Chinese people. They fake Iphones, Cars, people, auctions, everything. Is there anything genuine that over 1billion people can claim they created besides gun powder...
I am not afraid to tell I that I am a Chinese and I am proud of being a Chinese. Cuz I know manner well. U need to go to elementary school again bro. Fake iPhones, knock offs... So what? U.S. still borrows money from China... Smh
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #38 (permalink)

Oh btw, paper was invented by Chinese. So if there was no paper? Would there be sports trading cards???? Cuz I believe cards are basically paper right?? Oppos...
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
It was. But without democracy it would have never been able to be done!!!
uh...... okay
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
uh...... okay
I cant reply to a "UH ...OKAY" because he has no merit or substance. If you do no undertand something, all you have to is ask and youll learn something.

Just an FYI.. Here is the back story to Electricity

Quote:
A study of the history of electricity makes it clear that no single scientist or inventor is responsible for its invention. No single person learned how to use it. Rather it was the culmination of the works of various researchers spanning several years.

Earliest Mention of Electrical Use

Historical records show that static electricity was already known to the ancient Greeks. In the 6th century BC a Greek named Thales of Miletus discovered that rubbing a fur would make a couple of objects attract one another.

According to the legend he experimented with various objects. It was with amber that he was able to produce electrical sparks.

Discoveries in the 15th Century

The next important chapter in the history of electricity took place at the onset of the Renaissance. The Italian physicist Girolamo Cardano discovered fundamental aspects of electrical power and magnetism. His associate William Gilbert expounded on Cardano’s theories.

In 1660 Otto von Guericke invented an electrostatic generator. This was the beginning of a new scientific field of study. This device, along with others that followed, revealed a number of things.

The first is that electricity can move across a vacuum. The second is that materials can be divided between insulators and conductors. Finally, it was learned that electricity can be either in positive or negative forms.

The 17th to 19th Centuries

This period was crucial in the history of electricity. First of all, the capacitor was invented. Just as important was the discovery that static electricity could be changed into a current.

It was also around this time that Benjamin Franklin performed his famous experiment with a kite. His experiments about lightning and electricity has been subject to debate, but his contribution to electricity theory cannot be denied.

This was followed by more innovations and inventions, including batteries, cathodes and anodes. Among the most prominent inventors who worked on these aspects were Alessandro Volta, Georg Ohm and Andre Ampere. Just a look at their names indicates the contributions they made to the field
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I cant reply to a "UH ...OKAY" because he has no merit or substance. If you do no undertand something, all you have to is ask and youll learn something.
LOL

So democracy is the only important invention? ever? it trumps everything and guided everything?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
LOL

So democracy is the only important invention? ever? it trumps everything and guided everything?
Yep, just about. Ill tell you why and then you can look it up. Democracy was the onset to free thinking, free choice and the gateway to opportunity. Without being held back, controlled and under suspect, within a democracy one is able to pursue dream/study/choices he/she would not be able to under scrutiny. Thats the jist of it.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #43 (permalink)

Can I stop the two of you please before you get too far off topic?

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
A card supposedly sold for $77k. What now? You either believe it or you dont. There is nothing much that can be said about it.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #45 (permalink)

Nice feedback for the buyer "SCAMMER LINKED TO sandh1976 AND akerta11 AVOID ALL THESE EBAYERS THEY ARE SCAMS" and "cheap made printing card, you have the right to copy hasbro logo too?". LOL!
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yep, just about. Ill tell you why and then you can look it up. Democracy was the onset to free thinking, free choice and the gateway to opportunity. Without being held back, controlled and under suspect, within a democracy one is able to pursue dream/study/choices he/she would not be able to under scrutiny. Thats the jist of it.
so lets belittle all other thinking once democracy set in... talk about not making sense...
Old 01-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
haha yes. i'm done.

back to the penny. it is a pretty sick card. pennyfan? why didn't you go after it?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
so lets belittle all other thinking once democracy set in... talk about not making sense...
Belittling? Did you even read what he wrote? He said outside of the US no one ever invents anything and that China is a third world country.

Typical american giving americans a bad name!! I bet you still think the term 3rd world country still exists and hasnt been changed to "Developing nation".

You keep thinking you are one up on China. They pretty much own you. But not me!

now wait 3 seconds for the...

" I never said that. Show me where I said that!!"
Old 01-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Which program and what school do you attend? Since we are comparing swords!!??

Just some recent messages from you that never made sense

Your thought on how easy it would be to liquidate your basketball cards for top dollar during economic dire times because everyone will be on ebay rushing to buy your cards as their top priority

The best piece ive read from you that still makes me laugh. This coming from an ECO student?

The economy isnt just gonna fall out in the US... THats not how it works, well at least not right now. The tone you mentioned it sounded so ignorant, that all.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Belittling? Did you even read what he wrote? He said outside of the US no one ever invents anything and that China is a third world country.

Typical american giving americans a bad name!! I bet you still think the term 3rd world country still exists and hasnt been changed to "Developing nation".

You keep thinking you are one up on China. They pretty much own you. But not me!

now wait 3 seconds for the...

" I never said that. Show me where I said that!!"

LOL. If you think China owns USA you are smoking some really good stuff. THe living standard is not even close. I said most inventions so far came from Europe/USA because of the University system, which China never had. Indonesia, India are also developing countries, its a nice term for "poop hole". America/some of Europe is the Roman empire of our time. China, India, still need 30-50 years to reach their living standard
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote