Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Belittling? Did you even read what he wrote? He said outside of the US no one ever invents anything and that China is a third world country.

Typical american giving americans a bad name!! I bet you still think the term 3rd world country still exists and hasnt been changed to "Developing nation".

You keep thinking you are one up on China. They pretty much own you. But not me!

now wait 3 seconds for the...

" I never said that. Show me where I said that!!"
exactly... going off on a tangent again and imprinting opinions on someone. typical oj.

if you want to fight with the guy talking about china then do it but dont bring me into your childish nonsense.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
exactly... going off on a tangent again and imprinting opinions on someone. typical oj.

if you want to fight with the guy talking about china then do it but dont bring me into your childish nonsense.
He was debating with me until you came in and stuck your nose in my bum about inventions. Why did you even come into this thread with a comment if you werent looking to brown nose?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
LOL. If you think China owns USA you are smoking some really good stuff. THe living standard is not even close. I said most inventions so far came from Europe/USA because of the University system, which China never had. Indonesia, India are also developing countries, its a nice term for "poop hole". America/some of Europe is the Roman empire of our time. China, India, still need 30-50 years to reach their living standard
What type of living standard? One that bankrupts a nation and puts it in trillions of dollars in debt? That standard of living?

The United States of America is a fairly "new" nation when it comes to history. You cannot compare it to the history of nations like China, India or some old Europe nations.

You're right China does not own the US. Infact China has nothing to do with the US by your viewpoint. You keep buying everything they manufacture for you. You keep trading your bank note for a promisary note while the chinese buy that debt.

Quote:
On 10 January 2013, debt held by the public was approximately $11.577 trillion or about 73% of GDP. Intra-governmental holdings stood at $4.855 trillion, giving a combined total public debt of $16.432 trillion.[4][5][5][6] As of July 2012, $5.3 trillion or approximately 48% of the debt held by the public was owned by foreign investors, the largest of which were China and Japan at just over $1.1 trillion each.[7]
Old 01-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
He was debating with me until you came in and stuck your nose in my bum about inventions. Why did you even come into this thread with a comment if you werent looking to brown nose?
i said 'uh okay' because i wasn't quite sure why you were complaining about the invention of democracy in a thread that has nothing to do with anything like that. you took offense and tried to start a fight. i accidentally tried to continue to discuss with you. my fault. i apologize.

but please continue your china v. usa fight in a thread about penny card selling for a ridiculous amount....
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
i said 'uh okay' because i wasn't quite sure why you were complaining about the invention of democracy in a thread that has nothing to do with anything like that. you took offense and tried to start a fight. i accidentally tried to continue to discuss with you. my fault. i apologize.

but please continue your china v. usa fight in a thread about penny card selling for a ridiculous amount....
Seller is from Taiwan. The goat dude is advocating how third world countries suck. I have no clue how buying from a guy in Taiwan can turn into a Hacksaw Jim Dugan battle about USA #1 from it. A reality check was in order.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:33 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Seller is from Taiwan. The goat dude is advocating how third world countries suck. I have no clue how buying from a guy in Taiwan can turn into a Hacksaw Jim Dugan battle about USA #1 from it. A reality check was in order.
well good thing we have reality check police on the boards. keep up the good work
Old 01-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
well good thing we have reality check police on the boards. keep up the good work
Sure thing. Anytime you feel like picking up your flag and beating your chest and putting down another nation to feel good about yourself, let me know, Ill give you a dose of reality as well!! Nothing like looking out of coke bottles for glasses!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
What type of living standard? One that bankrupts a nation and puts it in trillions of dollars in debt? That standard of living?

The United States of America is a fairly "new" nation when it comes to history. You cannot compare it to the history of nations like China, India or some old Europe nations.

You're right China does not own the US. Infact China has nothing to do with the US by your viewpoint. You keep buying everything they manufacture for you. You keep trading your bank note for a promisary note while the chinese buy that debt.
China's Water Pistol - NYTimes.com

Read and learn from a Nobel prize economist. and yes, Chinas history is so great... If General Mcarthur had his way, China would be nuked back 2000 years. Yes, Us may be a new country, but if it werent for us and the allied forces, China would be a japanese colony today.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
China's Water Pistol - NYTimes.com

Read and learn from a Nobel prize economist. and yes, Chinas history is so great... If General Mcarthur had his way, China would be nuked back 2000 years. Yes, Us may be a new country, but if it werent for us and the allied forces, China would be a japanese colony today.
Whats your point? That the US will never repay China what it owes? What does that say about your country?

I dont care what McArthur didnt do. Thats like me saying if Canadians werent so nice, we would have torn you to shreds in 1812 after we burnt down your pink house! Imagine what would have happend if we werent nice enough to stop after we beat you to go drink beer and be happy?

China and India are real. Dont kid yourself my main man!! Just look around you.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Whats your point? That the US will never repay China what it owes? What does that say about your country?

I dont care what McArthur didnt do. Thats like me saying if Canadians werent so nice, we would have torn you to shreds in 1812 after we burnt down your pink house! Imagine what would have happend if we werent nice enough to stop after we beat you to go drink beer and be happy?

China and India are real. Dont kid yourself my main man!! Just look around you.
The point is, they dont want to be repaid. If they do, their currency will be worth a ton more, and people wont go to walmart and buy expensive Chinese stuff anymore. China will lay off tons of people, increasing their unemployment rate. And if they do want their money back , it just helps USA... THats the whole point of the article. And over time that debt is going to lose value due to inflation... ANyway. I do agree with you that China, and India will have much better living standard in 20+ years, but right now, not* even close to USA, Germany, Norway, sweden, australia, Japan, South korea etc..
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
The point is, they dont want to be repaid. If they do, their currency will be worth a ton more, and people wont go to walmart and buy expensive Chinese stuff anymore. China will lay off tons of people, increasing their unemployment rate. And if they do want their money back , it just helps USA... THats the whole point of the article. And over time that debt is going to lose value due to inflation... ANyway. I do agree with you that China, and India will have much better living standard in 20+ years, but right now, not* even close to USA, Germany, Norway, sweden, australia, Japan, South korea etc..
You must travel and do your research there. Don't do it from 8000 miles away.

I'm an American citizen and I will say with confidence that United States citizens as a group are the most arrogant of the bunch.

Companies that pigeonhole themselves into a nationalistic corner will fail as a business.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post

I'm an American citizen and I will say with confidence that United States citizens as a group are the most arrogant of the bunch.

Companies that pigeonhole themselves into a nationalistic corner will fail as a business.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post

I dont mean to generalize all Americans with this guy. I apologize for that. But those who "self patting on the back" and self entitlement "I deserve 5 plasmas and 4 cards in my driveway while working 5 hrs a day making $150/hr pressing a button" really need an eye opener.

The standard of living is much different here in the west compared to the East. If anything, the growing middle class in India have higher standards than we do here. A middle class family in India can easily afford 3 housekeepers, a cook, babysitter and a driver while making less than $80,000 US a year. You think we can do that with our inflation and our utterly high standard of living? I dont know, I wouldnt mind having someone do everything for me at that level of household income!!

Bypassing that, how big is the middle class in a growing India / China compared to the shrinking middle class in North America?

Quote:
With one of the fastest growing economies in the world, clocked at a growth rate of 8.3% in 2010, India is fast on its way to becoming a large and globally important consumer economy. The Indian middle class is estimated to be 50 million people, by McKinsey & Company.[1] It will reach 600 million by 2030. According to Deutsche Research the estimates are nearly 300 million people for all Middle Class.[2] If current trends continue, Indian per capita purchasing power parity will significantly increase from 4.7 to 6.1 percent of the world share by 2015.[3] In 2006, 22 percent of Indians lived under the poverty line. India aims to eradicate poverty by 2020.[4]

According to NCAER, India's middle class population to touch 267 million in 5 yrs. Further ahead, by 2025-26 the number of middle class households in India is likely to more than double from the 2015-16 levels to 113.8 million households or 547 million individuals. .[5]

While I agree the human rights obligations are way different. But hey, once you have the $$, its easier to fix than not having the $$ to work with!!

How was your trip to China?
Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #64 (permalink)

China does not officially decline a "middle class". Unlike US, you can see very extreme living condition from one city to another city in China (evern these cities are only separated by 3 hours of driving).

In some places, you would see a Nike store selling US$200 sneakers while the salesman only get US$450 salary. But then, you can easily buy lunch for US$1 in those places. Just want to give you guys some examples that not every places in China is well developed. And it takes time for Chinese government to get everyone up to the same level.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #65 (permalink)

WTF is going on here? LOL I'm going to make some popcorn.....
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightWall122 View Post
Lol are you really surprised?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwightWall122 View Post
Helpful. Thanks for the insight.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #68 (permalink)

Come in to read about a penny 1/1 end up reading some horse crap about ecconomic climates.

Has there been a single thread on these forums murrke and oj havn't turned into a pissing contest?
Verse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verse1 View Post
Come in to read about a penny 1/1 end up reading some horse crap about ecconomic climates.

Has there been a single thread on these forums murrke and oj havn't turned into a pissing contest?
Just 1. The one where you play an innocent collector to get a card cheap and turn around and flip it for 5000% profit. The only thread I havent intervened it.

Its funny you come here to attack me but totally miss the culprit who took it offcourse with putting down third world countries. But then again I expect that from australians. They're right at the top of the food chain when it comes to being racist.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 01-22-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #70 (permalink)

Yeah good one bro.
Was that the one I paid over past sales on?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #71 (permalink)

Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

You here to talk about the penny selling at 77k or start up with me by calling me out?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #73 (permalink)

I was but since the thread basically has 3 posts related to the topic im happy to have a crack at you
Old 01-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #74 (permalink)

It's too bad that us poor souls in the USA are stuck in a Constitutional Republic, and can't share in the greatest invention ever. We do help to promote it around the world though.

I don't believe the Penny sale either if that even matters in this thread anymore.
Flip_My_Cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #75 (permalink)

Do we know all bidders, that placed high bids on this item? I'd love to talk about the Penny Masterpiece here and try to find out which accounts shilled the item and which accounts try to rip off the seller. All off topics could be discussed via pm. Thank you.

The buyer is located in Indonesia btw.

Edit: @Paul: Nice signature. You also should tell people, why you are in this hobby.

Last edited by Penny; 01-23-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Penny is offline   Reply With Quote