Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #51 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Dallas88228

got a WESTBROOK USA GREEN PRIZM FOR $65 good deal or BUST??????
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #52 (permalink)

i also think a lot of the people who buy retail are "pure collectors" who keep what they buy or kids who aren't selling on ebay or forums, at least a lot more than those who buy hobby.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #53 (permalink)

so many non-basketball collectors are buying this to resell it's ridiculous.

just another reason why it's difficult to find.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Paul thinks he knows it all...if it were something he was hoarding he would claim they were limited and we would have to see 5 seperate threads of him bragging and showing them off to inflate his prices - fact
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Paul thinks he knows it all...if it were something he was hoarding he would claim they were limited and we would have to see 5 seperate threads of him bragging and showing them off to inflate his prices - fact
do you have a green penny?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
do you have a green penny?
Yeah got it on Ebay a few weeks ago for $16.As far as Prizm retail there is non here in mid Michigan to be found nor was there to begin with.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 AM   #57 (permalink)

Not sure about the greens but once the right collectors get their hands on the golds we might not see certain players again for a long time.

I own a few of the big rookies and I am not selling for a long time. So 10% of those will definitely be out of circulation. I think once the busting is done golds will increase because there will not be an active market. I am sticking with the rookies and staying away from the over priced veterans.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:53 AM   #58 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
People think it's limited because they check their 1-5 local locations and they buy it all. Check back in a week and watch it get restocked.

2012 13 Panini Prizm Basketball Retail 24ct Factory SEALED Box Green Refractor | eBay

It's not limited at all. Like someone mentioned earlier, it's just not as widely opened as hobby. And then you have everyone buying it up like crazy. Do a search for "prizm retail box' and you'll find plenty available if you're interested in it at a grossly inflated price over retail cost...

When in reality, unless you hit a Kobe/Kyrie/LBJ/Lillard or a few others, you'll lose badly on a box or packs when you're paying $3+ per pack. That makes a box of retail at $72.

This stuff is just overhyped and overrated. The golds are nice, but those are overhyped and overrated as well. Collectors are just like that in the bkb hobby, looking for something to be excited about because most of the recent products are garbage.

Point is, 90% of the people hyping these greens (and golds) up are people who OWN them and are actively looking to RESELL for a profit ... so that's flawed logic right there.

The wax is readily available at $3/pack. Some people are just too lazy or live in an area too remote to find it, so they buy on eBay ... and therefore box prices go up above retail cost.

Walmart, Target, etc will all continue to restock ... and price will not fluctuate from $3/pack ... so anyone talking about this stuff 'drying up' or being 'limited' ... is wrong ... and those people are likely the ones who have invested heavily in singles from the product to try and flip, and are just trying to hype up for their sales to hopefully increase in price!

Haha its funny because a few months ago you were the spokes person for Fleer Retro because you invested deep in to it.. Just Funny
Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
Haha its funny because a few months ago you were the spokes person for Fleer Retro because you invested deep in to it.. Just Funny
while making countless threads about his retro stuff breaking forum rules ...going above and beyond to squeeze an extra nickel out of his investment (retro) If Paul can't make money on something or get over on someone to make money off of he's not enthused.A real hobbyist he is!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
while making countless threads about his retro stuff breaking forum rules ...going above and beyond to squeeze an extra nickel out of his investment (retro) If Paul can't make money on something or get over on someone to make money off of he's not enthused.A real hobbyist he is!
I don't know if you saw my signature yet ... did you?

You're a hobby deadbeat ... LOL you have no say in ANYTHING around here or anywhere ... you have the mentality of a 14-year old. I sure hope you're not a full grown man ... your lack of morals is disgusting...
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Right, but the difference here is RETAIL vs HOBBY.

The hobby product will dry up and prices deservingly go high. When retail is BEING RESTOCKED AND FULLY AVAILABLE ... that is different ... and that's my point ... It seems many of you defending green prizm are missing my argument. My argument is solely regarding retail/greens.

RETAIL vs HOBBY

PRIZM vs RETRO

It makes a big difference when product is fully available and there is no price-gouging possible in the retail market when bought at retail locations (NOT eBay)
Old 01-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Right, but the difference here is RETAIL vs HOBBY.

The hobby product will dry up and prices deservingly go high. When retail is BEING RESTOCKED AND FULLY AVAILABLE ... that is different ... and that's my point ... It seems many of you defending green prizm are missing my argument. My argument is solely regarding retail/greens.

RETAIL vs HOBBY

PRIZM vs RETRO

It makes a big difference when product is fully available and there is no price-gouging possible in the retail market when bought at retail locations (NOT eBay)
Its all good Paul.. I was just razzing you a bit..
Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
So in your opinion what is the print run of the Prizm Greens?
I don't have an opinion on print runs as long as retail is fully and readily available. Restocking of the product makes that assumption impossible.

I will say that the print runs keeps rising as the product continues to be restocked.

There's probably a reason Panini has not released an approximate print run ... because it's more than you are all expecting solely based off of eBAY listnings!

With a retail-only product ... most of it probably never sees the light of eBay when being opened by children/non-collectors/non-ebay-using collectors/damages/lost product/etc.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Its all good Paul.. I was just razzing you a bit..
Ha it's cool. It's too early and cold out for that!

And you're not a hypocritical penny collector lowlife...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't know if you saw my signature yet ... did you?

You're a hobby deadbeat ... LOL you have no say in ANYTHING around here or anywhere ... you have the mentality of a 14-year old. I sure hope you're not a full grown man ... your lack of morals is disgusting...
I am a hobby deadbeat because I am a true collector? Odd without collectors scumbags like you could not make any money here in this hobby.Or maybe because I sell my cards under EBay market unlike you? Or maybe because I did not let you bleed that Rodman collector dry with my cards?Still bitter huh Pauly D? The Rodman cards now have a good home and avoided being pimped out by a POS like you
Old 01-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ha it's cool. It's too early and cold out for that!

And you're not a hypocritical penny collector lowlife...
Your a hobby kings reject that got terminated from their site and I am the low life? I have soon to be twice as many feedback as you here on blowout... Keep trying to build hype only for what you choose to invest in champ and I will keep collecting my Penny cards
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
I am a hobby deadbeat because I am a true collector? Odd without collectors scumbags like you could not make any money here in this hobby.Or maybe because I sell my cards under EBay market unlike you? Or maybe because I did not let you bleed that Rodman collector dry with my cards?Still bitter huh Pauly D? The Rodman cards now have a good home and avoided being pimped out by a POS like you
No, you're a hobby deadbeat because you are a greedy little (man?) who put $$$ ahead of his morals. You displayed that here and MANY people stated they would not deal with you after what you pulled.

THAT'S why you're a hobby deadbeat
Old 01-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No, you're a hobby deadbeat because you are a greedy little (man?) who put $$$ ahead of his morals. You displayed that here and MANY people stated they would not deal with you after what you pulled.

THAT'S why you're a hobby deadbeat
Hahaha that's why I have made nearly 21 deals (your feedback since 09) here on blowout forums since I decided to sell them 2 Rodman cards to a collector instead of you... That's funny especially considering I made not a cent more off him.That negative was so worth you stomping your feet mad like a spoiled little girl,your abuse of this hobby lost you all privileges on Hobby Kings (once a mod there) what exactly did you do to get tossed out on your .What does the hobby really mean to you? Better not go throwing stones while living in your glass house Pauly D!

Last edited by penny1fan; 01-24-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Hahaha that's why I have made nearly 21 deals (your feedback since 09) here on blowout forums since I decided to sell them 2 Rodman cards to a collector instead of you... That's funny especially considering I made not a cent more off him.That negative was so worth you stomping your feet mad like a spoiled little girl,your abuse of this hobby lost you all privileges on Hobby Kings (once a mod there) what exactly did you do to get tossed out on your .What does the hobby really mean to you? Better not go throwing stones while living in your glass house Pauly D!
I don't have the time to go back and forth with you all day on a message board, I'm glad you do. This is my last post on your nonsense. Enjoy your 97% feedback that you well-deserve ... I don't need feedback to boast my ego after I back out of sales ... you do.

And hobbykings is a complete joke, and always was. That's why you're here, right buddy?

Pennyfan the hypocrite ... so hilarious! haha
Old 01-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt16 View Post
Not sure about the greens but once the right collectors get their hands on the golds we might not see certain players again for a long time.

I own a few of the big rookies and I am not selling for a long time. So 10% of those will definitely be out of circulation. I think once the busting is done golds will increase because there will not be an active market. I am sticking with the rookies and staying away from the over priced veterans.
This is why i am going for the rookie set (double class) and not the veterans.
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't have the time to go back and forth with you all day on a message board, I'm glad you do. This is my last post on your nonsense. Enjoy your 97% feedback that you well-deserve ... I don't need feedback to boast my ego after I back out of sales ... you do.

And hobbykings is a complete joke, and always was. That's why you're here, right buddy?

Pennyfan the hypocrite ... so hilarious! haha
It's a joke only because you were exposed and relieved of your duties? Your a fake phony fraud.Have a nice day going door to door trying to sell ice to Eskimos after hyping it up all month."This stuff is limited and guaranteed to never melt! I see it rising in value due to substantial supply & demand!" Then proceed to drive away in a semi full of it.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #72 (permalink)

How do people get kicked off card trading sites? Is it that hard to be a respectful and honest member???
Old 01-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
How do people get kicked off card trading sites? Is it that hard to be a respectful and honest member???
He was even a moderator an still got booted yet this guy says I am a "hobby deadbeat" LOL dude is quite the hypocrite himself it seems! Anyways I'm done - sorry OP for derailing the thread a bit just wanted to impose on Paul and his "facts" on Prizm retail as if he knows anymore than anyone else? Get real... Like I mentioned earlier if Paul is not deeply invested he claims "overhyped" if he were financially invested he would emphatically claim "limited!" Just another greedy pig amongst us "hobby deadbeats" who actually collect the cards rather than treat them like hoes on every street corner.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
He was even a moderator an still got booted yet this guy says I am a "hobby deadbeat" LOL dude is quite the hypocrite himself it seems! Anyways I'm done - sorry OP for derailing the thread a bit just wanted to impose on Paul and his "facts" on Prizm retail as if he knows anymore than anyone else? Get real... Like I mentioned earlier if Paul is not deeply invested he claims "overhyped" if he were financially invested he would emphatically claim "limited!" Just another greedy pig amongst us "hobby deadbeats" who actually collect the cards rather than treat them like hoes on every street corner.
My questions wasn't really aimed at one person. I just see stories of people booted from multiple other sites. I am wondering if its for things sucks as language or acting stupid on this part of the sites or from being scammers. That's all.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
My questions wasn't really aimed at one person. I just see stories of people booted from multiple other sites. I am wondering if its for things sucks as language or acting stupid on this part of the sites or from being scammers. That's all.
Suspension - language or graphic images or possible trade infraction

Ban - fraud,scam,multiple trade infractions.