Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,803
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

The best Green I pulled was A Larry Bird Base...
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #77 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,716
Default

People don't realize how hard it is to pull a certain player in this .
If you have. 1 box in 100 targets it still not a sure thing if a lillard green is in one .
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Suspension - language or graphic images or possible trade infraction

Ban - fraud,scam,multiple trade infractions.
I imagine every site has different rules and different guidelines in place to deal with the different problems that can occur.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #79 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Your a hobby kings reject that got terminated from their site and I am the low life? I have soon to be twice as many feedback as you here on blowout... Keep trying to build hype only for what you choose to invest in champ and I will keep collecting my Penny cards
What does another forum have to do with this forum? If you like it there so much, go there and dont come back here.

He called you out becaue you sold something to him. He paid, then you refunded him because you later sold it someone else for more money. I remember the thread. Then you used every excuse in the book to reason as to why you did it. Thats why he is calling you a deadbeat.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,803
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Yeah got it on Ebay a few weeks ago for $16.As far as Prizm retail there is non here in mid Michigan to be found nor was there to begin with.
lol I bought 75 packs of it here in Mid Michigan..

Looks like I beat you to it! Muwhahahaha
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #81 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
How do people get kicked off card trading sites? Is it that hard to be a respectful and honest member???
Want me to give you a list of real reasons or fake ones that they give you??

You get banned from a forum when the mods dont like you
You get baneed from a forum when you dont fit into their set agenda
You get banned from a forum for free thinking that goes against their grain
You get banned from a forum because you dont fit their political profile
Best of all, you get banned from a forum when you question what happens to the financial donation you gave to the health of the site because it needed funding but the owner was out busting wax like no tomorrow. So you stop and they hate you for it..

The reasons the nazi sites give?
-He has a bad attitude

Yet scammers get a free ride and those who do exactly what you do get a free pass because they happen to have a collection with some serious daddy money invested.

You should know, didnt you once tell us that you work over at SCF? another place full of scams that turn a blind eye to those who scam but are sr members?

I bet you cant name one person that was banned from your giddy site that is here and was implicated in scamming/theft/trade violation. All youll find are petty excuses of bad attitude. Yet those who do scam are still on the site busy doing what they do best.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Want me to give you a list of real reasons or fake ones that they give you??

You get banned from a forum when the mods dont like you
You get baneed from a forum when you dont fit into their set agenda
You get banned from a forum for free thinking that goes against their grain
You get banned from a forum because you dont fit their political profile
Best of all, you get banned from a forum when you question what happens to the financial donation you gave to the health of the site because it needed funding but the owner was out busting wax like no tomorrow. So you stop and they hate you for it..

The reasons the nazi sites give?
-He has a bad attitude

Yet scammers get a free ride and those who do exactly what you do get a free pass because they happen to have a collection with some serious daddy money invested.

You should know, didnt you once tell us that you work over at SCF? another place full of scams that turn a blind eye to those who scam but are sr members?

I bet you cant name one person that was banned from your giddy site that is here and was implicated in scamming/theft/trade violation. All youll find are petty excuses of bad attitude. Yet those who do scam are still on the site busy doing what they do best.
At SCF we have certain guidelines to follow when different incidents occur. I myself don't know what exactly those guidelines are on sites such as hobby kings or blowout. SCF just like any other site tries to keep it members is a respectful and safe trading area.

I highly doubt in most situations people are banned for the reasons you listed above. I think most people are banned for scamming, multiple infractions of the same kind, and not being respectful toward other members.

To me it sounds like your personal experiences are not the norm. Like I said I am just assuming you were kicked off hobby kings. I don't really go on there very often anymore due to lack of users.

SCF I think does much better than many sites when it comes to scammers. Haiku tried to scam on SCF and was unsuccessful where on other sites he was sadly very successful at scamming people.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #83 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
At SCF we have certain guidelines to follow when different incidents occur. I myself don't know what exactly those guidelines are on sites such as hobby kings or blowout. SCF just like any other site tries to keep it members is a respectful and safe trading area.

I highly doubt in most situations people are banned for the reasons you listed above. I think most people are banned for scamming, multiple infractions of the same kind, and not being respectful toward other members.

To me it sounds like your personal experiences are not the norm. Like I said I am just assuming you were kicked off hobby kings. I don't really go on there very often anymore due to lack of users.

SCF I think does much better than many sites when it comes to scammers. Haiku tried to scam on SCF and was unsuccessful where on other sites he was sadly very successful at scamming people.
You are a member at HK. go look at the banned list and see why people are banned. Then come talk to me. You can doubt anything you want. The proof is there. I was banned from there. You think I scammed someone? Being respectful to other members is a two way street. You arent going to get respect if your cant start by giving it. LIke yourself.. calling people narrowminded because they happen to have an opinion. Thats a prime example of why respect is not given.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You are a member at HK. go look at the banned list and see why people are banned. Then come talk to me. You can doubt anything you want. The proof is there. I was banned from there. You think I scammed someone? Being respectful to other members is a two way street. You arent going to get respect if your cant start by giving it. LIke yourself.. calling people narrowminded because they happen to have an opinion. Thats a prime example of why respect is not given.
Like I said I doubt very much that most users who are banned from card sites are for the reasons you listed above. Of course that can occur but I don't think it is the norm.

I never said you scammed anyone. You have majority positive feedback here at 99%....on a site with a very unstructured trading setup that's good feedback. For all I know the one time you were left negative feedback that didnt reflect what actually occurred.

The end of your post seems like a call out about how I post. If I feel someone is being ridiculous and has what most people view as strange or crazy opinions I post why I think there opinions are narrow minded or bias. That's not lacking in respect. That's conveying my opinion and trying to get the other person to understand why I feel they are being bias or narrowminded.

I never called out anyone who was banned I just asked how people can get booted from these sites. Wasn't a personal attack on any user. I don't like to make things personal on here because people do crazy things.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #85 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
How do people get kicked off card trading sites? Is it that hard to be a respectful and honest member???
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I never called out anyone who was banned I just asked how people can get booted from these sites. Wasn't a personal attack on any user. I don't like to make things personal on here because people do crazy things.
So giving your opinion and calling people narrowminded is being being respectful? But if they return the favour of giving slack back is disrespectful?

You asked the question. You got an answer!

As for Prizm greens..

I think the parallel limits are
Gold = Rarest
Prizm = Ref Rare
Green = Uncommon
Regular = common
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
So giving your opinion and calling people narrowminded is being being respectful? But if they return the favour of giving slack back is disrespectful?

You asked the question. You got an answer!

As for Prizm greens..

I think the parallel limits are
Gold = Rarest
Prizm = Ref Rare
Green = Uncommon
Regular = common
Like I said I am not making this personal. I did ask a question and I got an answer.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #87 (permalink)
Jef
Member
 
Jef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,706
Default

back to the cards - just looking at some of these, i think the demand will be there regardless of print run.

a) i think there is about a 1 percent chance we will ever find out the true print run

b) more importantly, these cards just look great. in the offseason and even next season, when the furthest things from collectors' minds is 12-13 prizm, i am going to bid like crazy on a few of the USA greens just because they are awesome cards.

panini has absolutely sucked at virtually everything they have done with their basketball license, but they did an AWESOME job with Prizm, and even did some things that i preferred over recent Topps Chrome (i.e. not a million parallels). Chrome will always be my favorite brand of all time, but i like this return to the age of these parallells not being in every other pack.
__________________
http://jef010.imgur.com/
UPDATED: July 25, 2014
Jef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
dasiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10,749
Default

I think that its too much with these greens. I hate to say it because I have a bunch and its a good investment for me, but these should be about the same price or slightly higher than the regular prizm refractors from hobby. They look great so that is there main selling point but like the regulars in hobby, you get 3-4 per box and its retail! RETAIL! So while I'm happy I will make loot here, I don't get it. Then again I never got the PMGs. Maybe its the green?
__________________
This is basically my bucket... hop in for high end baseball and bball http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dasiegel
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #89 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,716
Default

Panini is in a win win situation

Release numbers of greens if sp they will go berserk if not ref reg refs will go crazy and hobby boxes will go thru the roof

Last edited by pepsiporch; 01-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,803
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

You know OJ, your little argument there would get you suspended from other sites..

lmao.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #91 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
You know OJ, your little argument there would get you suspended from other sites..

lmao.
Ive already experience the "You either drink our kool-aid and follow us blindly or else we'll ban you!!" Forums ive been apart of!! Alteast here you can actually think for yourself and form an opinion. Other places, you must accept their opinion or else you will be Banned!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,461
Default

I just think most people who buy retail are not buying a box. They may buy couple packs and pull some no-name player green prizm. The money loss is very small. Most people would not bother to sell in ebay when you don't lose much.

On the other hand, most people buying hobby are buying a box (or even a case). The money loss is big. In most cases, people would have to sell things that they don't want (no-name player regualr prizm). Perhaps, this is the reason why there are less green in ebay than regular prizm.
__________________
Always looking for Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway!! Thanks!

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 690
Default

Gold prizm USA> Gold prizm>Green Prizm USA> Green prizm
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #94 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Gold prizm USA> Gold prizm>Green Prizm USA> Green prizm
See I'm not a green prizm usa fan. Actually the only green prizm insert I like are the MVP. Other than that I like the base. USA Refractor looks awesome, but USA green just looks a bit odd to me
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #95 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
See I'm not a green prizm usa fan. Actually the only green prizm insert I like are the MVP. Other than that I like the base. USA Refractor looks awesome, but USA green just looks a bit odd to me
USA is an insert set. Rightfully so it should be more limited than base. Its probably the most limited out of the insert sets while downtown bound have to be the easiest.

I dont like comparing inserts to base set. There is no comparison as the two sets are vastly different in size.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #96 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
USA is an insert set. Rightfully so it should be more limited than base. Its probably the most limited out of the insert sets while downtown bound have to be the easiest.

I dont like comparing inserts to base set. There is no comparison as the two sets are vastly different in size.
I disagree.

I looked at Carmelo Anthony and Deron Williams.

Both have 7 Green base prizm in past and current ebay sales, and both have 9 USA green prizm in past and current sales.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #97 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
I disagree.

I looked at Carmelo Anthony and Deron Williams.

Both have 7 Green base prizm in past and current ebay sales, and both have 9 USA green prizm in past and current sales.
Look at it from a perspective of putting a set together.

Which one would be tougher?

300 base greens

or

12 card set of USA

I can assure you putting together a 300 base card set of a parlells is much tougher than 12 card set eventhough the 12 card is an insert and more limited ratio.

Just my take on it!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Look at it from a perspective of putting a set together.

Which one would be tougher?

300 base greens

or

12 card set of USA

I can assure you putting together a 300 base card set of a parlells is much tougher than 12 card set eventhough the 12 card is an insert and more limited ratio.

Just my take on it!!
I'm confused. I think they are both probably the same print run.

I mean if you open 10 boxes and get 30 green prizms, you might only 2 USA Greens and 28 base.

So of the USA, you'd have a 16% chance of getting a player you want, whereas with the 28 base, you only have a 9% chance.

Inserts are harder to pull no doubt, but I don't think they are shorter printed
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #99 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
I'm confused. I think they are both probably the same print run.

I mean if you open 10 boxes and get 30 green prizms, you might only 2 USA Greens and 28 base.

So of the USA, you'd have a 16% chance of getting a player you want, whereas with the 28 base, you only have a 9% chance.

Inserts are harder to pull no doubt, but I don't think they are shorter printed
I think we are agreeing on the same points!! Just getting mixed up on the stance.

My stance..

Green Base vs Green USA = Same amount produced (both lets say are /150)
Collecting perspective: Easier to put a green USA set together than a 300 base green set!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 4,700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Look at it from a perspective of putting a set together.

Which one would be tougher?

300 base greens

or

12 card set of USA

I can assure you putting together a 300 base card set of a parlells is much tougher than 12 card set eventhough the 12 card is an insert and more limited ratio.

Just my take on it!!

Im 9 cards short of just the rookie green prizm set #'s 201-300 and it has been tough and costly but once its complete it will be beautiful and very profitable hopefully
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.