Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Prizm Greens are catching fire!!

Ive been selling some of my Green Prizms and WOW have the prices gone up since I bought last... All I know is that the USA MVP BASE greens are killing it right now... I think theres a bigger market for greens than golds.. More people can afford to buy a green over a gold.... Plus theres more greens to keep the hype train rolling ... Prizm has been a product to remember for sure!! I can't wait for Prizm Football next wed....
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think you're right on the MVP, USA and some key base Greens. I do think the "common" greens have softened some in the last 2 weeks.
mr10pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Maybe I should go pick up all of the boxes around here if people are going to pay these astronomical prices for unnumbered refractors. I still don't get it, but to each their own.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr10pin View Post
I think you're right on the MVP, USA and some key base Greens. I do think the "common" greens have softened some in the last 2 weeks.
Yeah sorry I really meant star players that I collect.. Kobe Lebron Durant... If anyone has any USA greens of those players let me know Im buying all that I can buy.. Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

I have look at every Walmart I can find and I have not seen any of these anywhere

My Bucket is
http://s569.photobucket.com/home/lovebrittneys
maggliofan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah Kobe Bryant Prizm greens are going for $300+ now. They're cool but not that cool.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Maybe there are only 10 prizm greens existed, as everything existed is listed on eBay before hyping LOL. :P

Prizm green, the best thing since PMG green. Scratch that. The best thing since slice bread. LOL

Get it fast, before it dries up, hyped up, locked up and turn purple. LOL.

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
Maybe there are only 10 prizm greens existed, as everything existed is listed on eBay before hyping LOL. :P

Prizm green, the best thing since PMG green. Scratch that. The best thing since slice bread. LOL

What is your projection for how many greens there are? Just interested...
mr10pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I think 25, but seems stores are starting to restock again. It could be more.
Jrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

restocking from the cases that went out to each of these stores.

isn't there someone that works at a target or walmart that can confirm this?

i have no doubt there's TONS of this product at these stores. they can't put it all out on the shelf at once.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

My guess is 50 or 75...would be ineteresting that panini gave us this information at some point.
jr22vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post

Not everybody can afford to spend $3700 on a prizm gold like you
if you believe it's hype sell one of your prizm kobe USA golds . I know you got at least 2

Last edited by pepsiporch; 01-23-2013 at 11:49 AM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr22vp View Post
My guess is 50 or 75...would be ineteresting that panini gave us this information at some point.
1 out of every 10 packs. Its better to buy gold even tho they are more expensive, if you view it as an investment. If you are buying for viewing pleasure than stick to greens, since they are cheaper.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #14 (permalink)

blastman, i work for a shipping co. and load early morning to both local wal mart and targets, They both get restocks in big white boxes that have beckett associates on them.

Now i had a buddy that (doesnt anymore) but use to work for security at the local target, i know that target itself doesnt have anything to do with restocking as a seperate merchandiser comes in like once a week and stocks the cards and greeting cards. So it use to be like i could tell him the day i loaded a beckett box and he would tell me like days later when the merchandiser was there, restocking so i could get first dibs

It (restock day) is the same day every week and if you can time it right you can always get there right after they finish, where every box and packs are fresh and neatly organized

This same friend now works for security at wal mart and they restock in house. so its kinda like whenever somebody gets to it is when it gets restocked.

On average id say both of my local stores (which are both supercenters) get 1 restock box once every other week

My local wal mart has yet to get any prizm (or i was late) but i was able to snag both boxes from both local targets the (IMO) day they got it in Neither target has restocked yet with prizm but has restocked overall so im not sure if more prizm will come in or not.:-/
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

My take on the Retail prizm.....

They arent limited. THe reason why we arent seeing as much green online is because people are busy busting more hobby than retail. Retail in my opinion is on a tier release. They release, re release there after. But the main factor is that hobby is being broken at an exponential pace compared to retail. If you go to the BST section you see 20 packs of retail being busted on average vs cases of hobby at a time. Stark difference to compare.

As for Retail stores not having any? That probably has to do with regional distribution more so than anything. My walmart carries no basketball, very little baseball and everything hockey and gaming. The demo probably shows that there is no demand for anything but hockey, which is probably the case in a hockey town like mine. The distributors are probably more focussed on following past trends than wondering if it has changed or not.

Golds are by far the rarest. I think Greens are over hyped and in abundance, just not in resale yet. I think that is due to not enough being available to create an artificial sense of limited product. Couple that with speculating shortages leads to high demand. Panini probably did this using the tiered releasing of retail. I think the prizm refractors are more limited than Greens.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Interesting note :

Prizm football comes out next week . I own a business do I want to hold back boxes so people buy basketball . I could have sold tons of it the last month . Football prizm comes out let's put basketball on shelves now lol.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
My take on the Retail prizm.....

They arent limited. THe reason why we arent seeing as much green online is because people are busy busting more hobby than retail. Retail in my opinion is on a tier release. They release, re release there after. But the main factor is that hobby is being broken at an exponential pace compared to retail. If you go to the BST section you see 20 packs of retail being busted on average vs cases of hobby at a time. Stark difference to compare.

As for Retail stores not having any? That probably has to do with regional distribution more so than anything. My walmart carries no basketball, very little baseball and everything hockey and gaming. The demo probably shows that there is no demand for anything but hockey, which is probably the case in a hockey town like mine. The distributors are probably more focussed on following past trends than wondering if it has changed or not.

Golds are by far the rarest. I think Greens are over hyped and in abundance, just not in resale yet. I think that is due to not enough being available to create an artificial sense of limited product. Couple that with speculating shortages leads to high demand. Panini probably did this using the tiered releasing of retail. I think the prizm refractors are more limited than Greens.

Retail is different .
Panini has to refund money for any retail pack not sold . So they do not make alot of it .

Topps chrome or bowman chrome retail will always sell out so they make tons of it .

I sold a USA green Lebron for $325
I cannot find one to replace it .

There are a total of 2 USA greens on eBay at the moment
Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Deanninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah, if you have an opportunity to make money off these greens go for it, the prices will drop once the hype dies down, especially once panini select comes out.

I recently purchased two low-end greens, and honestly, I think the greens look kinda ugly. I personally like the look of the regular prizm refractors a lot more.

Last edited by jeebus_86; 01-23-2013 at 01:53 PM.
jeebus_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus_86 View Post
Yeah, if you have an opportunity to make money off these greens go for it, the prices will drop once the hype dies down, especially once panini select comes out.

I recently purchased two low-end greens, and honestly, I think the greens look kinda ugly. I personally like the look of the regular prizm refractors a lot more.
See, I like the look of the greens a lot. And I don't see them dropping.

I've been searching Prizm green regularly for the last few weeks looking for a select few players and honestly they've only popped up once or twice in those few weeks.

Even if it is a tiered release it seems to be limited enough to where you won't all of a sudden see 15 Kobe's pop up on ebay. Whenever they do pop up they sell very well so the price is kind of established and since these seem to be really popular with collectors I think there's still room to grow.

At most they made probably 75 of each player. That may not be /25, but it's still quite limited with such a huge base set
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
See, I like the look of the greens a lot. And I don't see them dropping.

I've been searching Prizm green regularly for the last few weeks looking for a select few players and honestly they've only popped up once or twice in those few weeks.

Even if it is a tiered release it seems to be limited enough to where you won't all of a sudden see 15 Kobe's pop up on ebay. Whenever they do pop up they sell very well so the price is kind of established and since these seem to be really popular with collectors I think there's still room to grow.

At most they made probably 75 of each player. That may not be /25, but it's still quite limited with such a huge base set
The product is still new, and the greens are currently just living off the hype of the golds. Wait 3 to 6 months before we can say prices have established. And the hobby is full of re-sellers and flippers, people buying these greens now, will eventually get tired of having them, and re-sell them in the future, and save up for the next big thing that comes out, it happens all the time in the hobby. So, these greens will always be circulation for at least the next year or two.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
The product is still new, and the greens are currently just living off the hype of the golds. Wait 3 to 6 months before we can say prices have established. And the hobby is full of re-sellers and flippers, people buying these greens now, will eventually get tired of having them, and re-sell them in the future, and save up for the next big thing that comes out, it happens all the time in the hobby. So, these greens will always be circulation for at least the next year or two.

Right, but Say you're looking for a Lebron base Green

Between current and past sales there are only 13 on ebay. And I'd bet at least 3 of them were relists, so let's say that makes 10.

That's not exactly a stock pile that will be dumped on ebay in the future.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
USA Lebron green for $325 is not exactly catching fire .

If there are 25-100 it will still be a nice card .

There are no green refractors in select by the way and select will not hurt these golds its people trying to push the product down so they can buy more .

If you get a email to end early it means they don't want the price of the card public or they willing to pay .

If you don't like the greens don't buy them .If you don't like the golds don't buy them .
I think the refractors are undervalued .
If there are 100 I bet 20-30 of them will be in sets .

I never

Last edited by pepsiporch; 01-23-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
USA Lebron green for $325 is not exactly catching fire .

If there are 25-100 it will still be a nice card .

There are no green refractors in select by the way and select will not hurt these golds its people trying to push the product down so they can buy more .

If you get a email to end early it means they don't want the price of the card public or they willing to pay .

If you don't like the greens don't buy them .If you don't like the golds don't buy them .
I think the refractors are undervalued .
If there are 100 I bet 20-30 on them will be in sets .
Also for what it's worth, I think that since Prizm seems like it will be a popular set for years as long as Panini doesn't somehow mess it up, since this is the inaugural product I think it will hold value quite well
Old 01-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Right, but Say you're looking for a Lebron base Green

Between current and past sales there are only 13 on ebay. And I'd bet at least 3 of them were relists, so let's say that makes 10.

That's not exactly a stock pile that will be dumped on ebay in the future.
Well, the product is still being busted, so who knows how many more will be pulled in the future. And of those 10 that you mentioned, I'm pretty sure only 3-4 will remain in PCs, the other ones will eventually be re-sold. Once the few PC collectors have fulfilled their needs, eventually it would reach a point where flippers are going to compete and bid against each other, and once the flippers see that little profit is the be made, they'll stop bidding, and prices will drop.

I mean, just look at the Retro PMGs,those have dropped for almost half the price of what the were selling for when the product first came out.