Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Prizm Auto questions

With a few auto hits in prizm and a lot of misses, do you think all autos are inserted at the same rate? A lot of prizm has been busted on I have noticed a lot of us have Jan Vesley, Quincy Acy, Malcom Lee autos, but how many of us have Blake Griffin, Durant, Kyrie or Davis autos. It seems like the hits are fewer than the misses. Guys that have opened a lot of boxes, what is your opinion. Is the checklist too weighted on misses so the hits are harder to pull? Or are the D league all stars inserted at a higher rate making the hits an sp? What are your thoughts on this?
Idea: Maybe someone can come up with a drinking game based on pulling Prizm autos. I will drink a couple of beers for my Jan Vesley, Quincy Acy and E'twaun Moore autos. Maybe with beer goggles on, my autos will look better.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I think most of the common rookies are all within the same numbers. The top tiers guys are definately SP compared to the rest of the set. We busted 5 cases and got 1 kobe auto. Then we busted another 5 cases and got 2 kobe auto. Kobe is SP. Kyrie came in a bit more than that. But Durant autos were no where to be seen. Same with Blake Griffins.

I think they did tier out the autos. Rookies and scrubs are common. Certain older players are uncommon. Legends and stars are rare.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

At least for refractor auto, they are all /25. But for base auto, you are correct that those no-named RCs would get the most. I would not surprise if the number of Jan Vesley auto is 10 times more than kobe auto.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I think most of the common rookies are all within the same numbers. The top tiers guys are definately SP compared to the rest of the set. We busted 5 cases and got 1 kobe auto. Then we busted another 5 cases and got 2 kobe auto. Kobe is SP. Kyrie came in a bit more than that. But Durant autos were no where to be seen. Same with Blake Griffins.

I think they did tier out the autos. Rookies and scrubs are common. Certain older players are uncommon. Legends and stars are rare.
Wow, 10 cases and only 3 kobes and no Griffins or Durants. Thanks for the insight. Out of your 10 cases, did you get an even amount of base cards? I would love to see the stats of what you pulled to see how the distribution worked out. You understand the product better than most of us.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earvin32 View Post
Wow, 10 cases and only 3 kobes and no Griffins or Durants. Thanks for the insight. Out of your 10 cases, did you get an even amount of base cards? I would love to see the stats of what you pulled to see how the distribution worked out. You understand the product better than most of us.
These were 5 case group breaks held by Houdini. He is running a 3rd 5 case break which im in now as well. Nordy is holding a 2 case break thats filled. Im in both. Ill be up to 12 cases with a different team in each one.

I had the lakers in the first 5 case break. We pulled 15 golds from 5 cases with 7 golds from case 1 and 3 of those golds from 1 pack. Yes...1 pack (lebron was one of 3 golds).

Out of the lakers team slot, I had the most singles. I think I had around 700-800 laker singles. I made about 20 team sets. I got the following from 5 cases with the lakers

20 team sets.
2 golds - Magic and Shaq
1 Kobe auto
5 Sacre Autos
2 Vlade Divac autos
1 Kurt Rambis autos.

And only 10 or so refractors. I was surprised by the lack of refractors!

Hope this helps!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've noticed that too when watching case breaks. Alot of rookies and I don't recall seeing anyhting other than a Kobe auto pulled in probably the 5 case breaks I've watched on youtube. Prizm autos are even crazy to pull, bit shocking when I pulled a Jones prizm auto /25 out of a retail pack yesterday.
HenneFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote