Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default DERRICK ROSE ROOKIE FLASHBACK!! Chicago Location!!

So I am really confuse what to do with this card.....08/09 Exquisite Scripted Swatches Derrick Rose # 2/25.......I need some serious money right now but I really do not want to sell it this card...if I was though should I ebay it?? wait until he returns then sell it????? or you think I can get some good green for this now...I would preferably would like to sell it in person at a card shop in Illinois but I am not too familiar with the shops in Illinois, besides Tim's and Elite SportsCards....
Attached Thumbnails
DERRICK ROSE ROOKIE FLASHBACK!! Chicago Location!!-img_20130123_190940.jpg  
al_santiago81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Probably wait until he returns or wait until the playoffs.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

damn, would love that card, but way out of my price range!

Card shops will only buy it at a price they can make a profit, so you'd get more through ebay.

I'd wait until he comes back, there will be a ton of hype. He won't be playing much, but if he has a few good games that will be a very high selling time for him I'd imagine
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

What's the going rate for one? I know one guy had them listed for the longest time, starting at $800-odd and then increasing the price to a fair bit more...
What would one be worth now?
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
What's the going rate for one? I know one guy had them listed for the longest time, starting at $800-odd and then increasing the price to a fair bit more...
What would one be worth now?
That same guy has been relisting for at least 10-12 months and hasn't gotten a single bite at $1100 - the lowest price I think he has ever had them. I bet that card is a $600-750 card at the moment. More when Rose is PWNing again.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default maybe

Maybe i should just wait i assume them n hope bulls go far in playoffs n he picks up steem
Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

personally, if I need the money right now, then no card in my collection would be off limits. at no time is my real life need for money greater than having a sick pc.

as for selling that card, i'd wait until he comes back if you can. until he steps on the court, i feel as if most fans and collectors have put him on the backburner. make sure if you do auction if off that it ends before or during that first game back though, just in case he has a bad game. the hype for his return will be huge.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #8 (permalink)

Thank u for all the replies people very good comments to consider
Old 01-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Personally dn't like the card too much, those auto on patches never have very sharp autos. Also the patch is only barely 2 colors. And to be honest, derrick rose market is already high considering he hasn't played for so long. The market right now is almost the same as last year when he was healthy and playing. I think the fact that he "might" be back soon already have collectors paying more than they should for his cards. So if you hold tli he comes back, u might get like $50 more but its not going to double the value on u.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Also supply and demand, everyone else holding til rose til he comes back so the supply is low. U wait til he comes back and everyone starts listing their rose, then the demand may not be as high.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Also supply and demand, everyone else holding til rose til he comes back so the supply is low. U wait til he comes back and everyone starts listing their rose, then the demand may not be as high.
Very true. Im in a similar spot OP: need money but dont want to move on rose yet, but this quote is true, i did very well ebaying a few nice roses at random points in time the paat 6 months when there was nothing nice at auction
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Re: local selling, theres a couple chicago folks on here who might be interested. I wouldnt bother with either shop though, I feel like tim's entire business is based off of people walkig nice stuff in that they dont realize
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote