Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
The Retro hype was just downright obnoxious. It doesn't surprise me at all that it has been forgotten already. Personally, I thought it was one of the ugliest sets ever made.
The worst hype this hobby has seen is

1. 90s inserts hype
2. UD exquisite hype
3. Retro Hype

The exquisite hype is by far the worst. People starting a social stature based on cards. "If I have exquisite cards, I must be popular and at the top of the food chain". THat coupled with statements like "Exqusite is drying up and never to be found again in your whole life" then every month exquisite cards show up for sale. Worst use rational thinking ive seen in my life.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
I would like to say , since the Mj hype has died down has people noticed a couple of POS's have dispersed ?

One was banned Today on another site GooonBlott( About bloody time )

Sometimes it takes slower people to catch on but in the end the vermin gets eradicated.

I bet a few people are feeling like idiots when they defended these toolbags when they where running rampant with Ohhhhhhhhhhh it's legit and the constant MJ hype threads fueling there poor broke bum pockets, robbing the big hitters because they can as it is so easy to do so .

Made me sick when you see that Idiot Rare Air with his 50 retractions in 6 mths and his mate M100 Hyping there bogus sales from friend to friend and claiming them as legit sales,also the analyst with all his bogus stats that i bet if not involved looks and feels like a complete fool that he is .

People have to realise that a lot of people that collect are not what they seem it is the internet and these tools are looking to cash in it is that simple !!

In my 5 years back collecting I have noticed there are some so called collectors that just go over there head with the whole so called glamour of being the man on the boards because obviously they lack status in the real world, but in reality they resort to scamming to keep themselves up there , but in the end it all unravels because the facade that is fake will always fall away in time .

Sometimes people need to step back and not look like fools by defending the " Cool Ones' just because they used credit and ripped people off to flash off some pathetic cardboard

Gio and OJ and many others where correct all along with all the BS artist's hyping MJ to the moon shows how low a lot of members really are and shows a few have seem to get under the radar , but because someone that was supposed to have status know's them it's ok to be a POS .

Small minded people need to respect members that stand up for the hobby in a whole in stead of thinking they are cool by insulting .

I don't see may others standing up as they are scared to not be part of the "cool crew "

Anyway a good day for the forums another one got exposed .

ohhhhhhhhhhhh it's NOT legit !!!!!!!!
Thank you for pointing out that yourself and GIO are smarter then everyone else....
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that getting into any conversation about the MJ market in its entirety with the likes of Gio, will lead to himself displaying ZERO knowledge and a deluded point of view.
I for one would NEVER put stock into anything that simple minded person has to say.

With the intelligence displayed with what you have to say about some(not all) of the things in this thread, you and Gio are a great match!
Hegotgame15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe When the MJ Drama was happening people should of used common sense instead of shooting people down when they where making valid points .

But i guess there are more sleepers than people with open eye's .

Bad luck for the people that paid big bucks and fell for all the broke salesman crap these dudes where spewing out there holes for the better part of 18 mths .

I bet Gio is saying I told you all so SMH !!!
That's exactly what i'm saying!! hahahahaha

GONBLOTT........ You're GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every dog has it's day

Nissan, i'm glad you were always one of the guys who wasn't blind, and didn't jump on the nuts of these guys trying to defend, just because some fools actually thought these guys were cool or something SMH Some people need to grow up and know that they're not in 1st grade anymore where they have to be a sheep and follow others they see as cool. These are grown frigen MEN!!!!!

Because some people bought cards for a $100 or so, and then hyped them with fake sales(NO REAL VALUE), their collection didn't become the next hot ****! Just a bunch of poor morons living in their mommy's basements, or living alone thinking their some wall street types, just because they invested at one point and lost everything because they were too stupid. So now they turn to buying 90's Jordan and Exquisite, hype the crap out of them, and they're the hottest **** that ever lived........ SMH what a friken shame! "Gorwn Men!?" SMH

These were all fake sales all along......... but it makes no difference to me. Just glad they're being exposed left and right! They thought it would never end, but they had another thing coming This is a great time for our hobby with these BUMS being chased out of OUR hobby!

So thanks to Nissan, OJ, and others who were never blind to all these BS games they were playing.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
I still love the story how rare air got 6 copies of 97-98 MJ Finest ref emb /74 within 1 year after he claimed that there is nothing in ebay for past 6 years. And the amazing part is that people sold these 6 copies to him instead to ebay.

And that m1000 guy. He said in forum before that he collect .jpeg because it is fun and it is free.
That Rare23Air83 is a POS!!!!!!!

Does anybody know what he changed his ebay name to? I wonder what scams he's up to these days.... smh

His buddy M1000, aka MIKE is another POS stalker, scammer, scumbag... you name it! I'm tired of these people trying to ruin our hobby. Glad we're taking it BACK!

That Rareair character just had all 6 cards forever, when he bought them for couple of hundred $$$ each, and tried to hype them to the moon to hopefully try to get a sucker that would believe it and pay that price and somewhere close to it. Hopefully it didn't even happen once for him. Sure you make make record "sales" all day long, but if the money is not in your checking account, then it doesn't count SMH What a frigen @*#$ HEAD!!!

Anyway, this is a great time for our hobby to heal, and to get back to business.... TRUE COLLECTORS COLLECTING!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
The worst hype this hobby has seen is

1. 90s inserts hype
2. UD exquisite hype
3. Retro Hype

The exquisite hype is by far the worst. People starting a social stature based on cards. "If I have exquisite cards, I must be popular and at the top of the food chain". THat coupled with statements like "Exqusite is drying up and never to be found again in your whole life" then every month exquisite cards show up for sale. Worst use rational thinking ive seen in my life.
Retro and Prizm are in the same boat, prizm will suffer the same faith once the hype dies down.
No modern day insert should be selling for $1000+, its absurd
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Retro and Prizm are in the same boat, prizm will suffer the same faith once the hype dies down.
No, you must be wrong, according to GIO, Fleer RETRO is and always will be the most sort after set ever....
He says that Fleer RETRO will be worth more and sort after more then the original 90's inserts...

Gio and myself have pages of back and forth about Fleer RETRO, check them out, funny stuff....
Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
No modern day insert should be selling for $1000+, its absurd
exquisite hype is right up there in my opinion!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
exquisite hype is right up there in my opinion!!
No one said it wasn't, but not as much as all inserts, old or new.

There are a few guys that kept pumping exquisites also (on this forum), and when they left no more 20K exquisites lol
Old 01-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #34 (permalink)

Looks like he's still at it, on ebay....

Michael Jordan 1998 99 Skybox 41F Molten Metal Titanium Fusion Gold 40 BGS 9 | eBay

This is GONBLOTT
Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #35 (permalink)

What was it that finally did him in?
Jwhoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotgame15 View Post
Thank you for pointing out that yourself and GIO are smarter then everyone else....
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that getting into any conversation about the MJ market in its entirety with the likes of Gio, will lead to himself displaying ZERO knowledge and a deluded point of view.
I for one would NEVER put stock into anything that simple minded person has to say.

With the intelligence displayed with what you have to say about some(not all) of the things in this thread, you and Gio are a great match!
Thx for dropping by , now go cry a river with your boy.

What deluded about BS artist's I am sure your going to tell me a $500 card is worth $50k because a couple of stooges bought into the BS .

LOL

Last edited by nissandriver77; 01-26-2013 at 04:55 AM.
nissandriver77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Yeah all those idiots defending RairAir and his 50+ bid retractions were really making me sick....Glad he's gone and the rest of those scammers..
Anyone know why forgiven1 is temporarily suspended?
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Thx for dropping by , now go cry a river with your boy.

What deluded about BS artist's I am sure your going to tell me a $500 card is worth $50k because a couple of stooges bought into the BS .

LOL
I don't buy hi-end MJ cards, so i'm certainly not going to suggest i know what some people are willing to pay.

It's simple, bid to what you want to pay and you can't be affected by shilling/scammers/manipulators....

I have seen a ton of people pay well above what a normal person would consider a fair price for what ever card.

Does that mean they are all fake sales?
NO IT DOESN'T!!!

What makes me sick is, the little sooks crying on forums about some people paying huge amounts of money on cards...

I'm not the one CRYING genius.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't buy hi-end MJ cards, so i'm certainly not going to suggest i know what some people are willing to pay.

It's simple, bid to what you want to pay and you can't be affected by shilling/scammers/manipulators....

I have seen a ton of people pay well above what a normal person would consider a fair price for what ever card.

NO IT DOESN'T!!!

What makes me sick is, the little sooks crying on forums about some people paying huge amounts of money on cards...

You sure arent the one crying. You are the one blinding supporting it. Thats even worse!

Im not going over the debate on "bid only what you are willing to pay" vs "auctions are not about paying exactly what you want but rather a true auction".

Seems like everytime a scammer goes down, one of their groupies gets up and starts getting loud in support of them!! Thanks for showing up!
Old 01-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #40 (permalink)

MJ exquisites are doing fine and well...there was a period last year when rampant 0 feedback buyers were purposely ruining auctions prob out of spite, but that seems to have faded out a bit
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
You sure arent the one crying. You are the one blinding supporting it. Thats even worse!

Im not going over the debate on "bid only what you are willing to pay" vs "auctions are not about paying exactly what you want but rather a true auction".

Seems like everytime a scammer goes down, one of their groupies gets up and starts getting loud in support of them!! Thanks for showing up!
Yep sure, i'm blindingly supporting scammers....
What i'm not doing is sitting here making up lies about people i have never dealt with.

I have only dealt with one person mentioned in this thread and i have no idea about any others, from the reseach i have done and the countless pages of speculation on this very forum i have gone through, i have come to my own conclusion....

I'm not apart of any group....

I'll take on the intelligent reasoning of the likes of Gio anyday.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:

NO IT DOESN'T!!!

Who mentioned all sales where fake ????

This thread was about a few turds that have vanished .

I couldn't give two craps if you spend a ten houses on cards that's your problem,What makes me sick is bottom feeders cashing in falsely and constantly hyping and talking crap ( which the hobby is polluted with ), what makes me more sick is noobs chiming in 12 mths to late and posting for the sake of posting because there Idol was mentioned ( MJ ).
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #43 (permalink)

Can anyone dumb this down and tell me what these guys did to the MJ market? I don't follow that market.
Much appreciated.

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
What did the buffalo say to his son when he left for college? Bison.
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
Can anyone dumb this down and tell me what these guys did to the MJ market? I don't follow that market.
Much appreciated.

-Brandon
Gonblott & 23bronjordan were the same person. This times a thousand, is what happened.

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - PMG RED JORDAN
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
Gonblott & 23bronjordan were the same person. This times a thousand, is what happened.

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - PMG RED JORDAN
Nice find! So this guy was talking back and forth to HIMSELF!!!!? smh... Wow!

I was right all along about him, but some morons just didn't wanna listen and take his side just because they were buddies What's right is right.

Not sure though why in the begining HK was protecting people like this and banning people like me... now all of a sudden when their site is dead they deceide to ban "some" of those responsible?? Nice try! But they should have listened a long time ago, and ban more than just this one dirt bag. There are PLEANTY left on that site, but some have more friends than others "high up" in the site, like the owners and mods........... I'm glad they banned me from that nazi site.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Not sure though why in the begining HK was protecting people like this and banning people like me...
Yeah.........
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Yeah.........
Yeah..... for exposing them! I guess I messed up their "perfect" setup they had to scam people. Imagine that, questioning people!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #48 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

yea exquisites are garbage anyone have any they wanna sell PM me LOL
hairytrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairytrojan View Post
yea exquisites are garbage anyone have any they wanna sell PM me LOL
I have some that i'm looking to get rid of.... I'll PM you right now!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Nice find! So this guy was talking back and forth to HIMSELF!!!!? smh... Wow!

I was right all along about him, but some morons just didn't wanna listen and take his side just because they were buddies What's right is right.

Not sure though why in the begining HK was protecting people like this and banning people like me... now all of a sudden when their site is dead they deceide to ban "some" of those responsible?? Nice try! But they should have listened a long time ago, and ban more than just this one dirt bag. There are PLEANTY left on that site, but some have more friends than others "high up" in the site, like the owners and mods........... I'm glad they banned me from that nazi site.

That's exactly how these losers roll Goonploop and Co. , I bet he has Ten Ebay Accounts with his bro's there that's why Noob Air Had so many retractions and there mate M10000000000 was documenting the crap and making it legit .

I guess they suckered a few stooges into the crap because a few dove in on those high prices, I wouldn't be surprised if they where trimming cards aswell .

Glad I never collected Jordan .

I loved his add on ebay Looking to Spend Thousands on MJ's yet the punk has empty bank accounts and his collection is built on ripping people off, that little pimple head Vermin has been at it for years.

Last edited by nissandriver77; 01-30-2013 at 07:35 PM.