Blowout Cards Forums
Save big on officially licensed NFL fan merchandise at NFLShop.com

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

Also eBay requires seller to update tracking to achieve top rates seller. The only way I can get tracking is $35+ international express and obviously I'm not going charge that much when item is less than $100, so that's why I have canceled option to ship oversea for a lot of my auctions.
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I agree with most of the reasons already listed. I have any auctions I do listed for international shipping but the buyer must contact me first. When they do I always inform them of what the estimated shipping cost will be, which is usually $20+. I usually never get a response back. Don't get why I should eat the shipping cost?
yup, this is exactly how i roll too. i do not offer international shipping, but in my auction description let buyers know to contact me and get a shipping quote if they are overseas.

when they contact me i tell them it will be about 20 bucks and i only ship through ebay using priority with tracking and insurance, so i am protected under ebays seller protection. i feel this is a good way to deter the potential scammers, b/c they will just move on to a easier target, and more than half the time i never get a response back after that after that. the ones that do agree i am more than happy to ship to tough. haven't had overseas transaction go wrong yet using this method.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #28 (permalink)

Not sure why or how but in Asia it seems the shipping cost with tracking is cheaper over there. For example, one of the high end Japanese sellers only offer $6.99 for registered mail + tracking. Seems like a bargain for the USA
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #29 (permalink)

I live in Australia, but have a US address on both Ebay & paypal. Cards get shipped to a friend of mine, he then collates around a month worth at a time, them forwards them onto me with tracking & signature. Works perfectly & never had a problem.
karlsta26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #30 (permalink)

thats a great way of doing it, but infortunatly we do not all have that luxury, maybe blowoutcards could have a America/Australia buddy system?!

I do not buy that many high end cards, so registrered international is over the top for me, i cannot justify the extra cost. if i have ever enquired about any of your cards, and when you told me $20+ i didnt get back to you, that does not make me a crook trying to sus out my next target. thats just me trying to find someone that is willing to be fair and reasonable.
i really think they need to find away to get the cost of registered international mail to come down. with so much internet sales/ trading surely theres some merit in a lower price shipping = more traffic and more business for the postal systems?
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #31 (permalink)

@karlsta : It seems to be a good solution, indeed ... but not everyone has a friend living in the US.

I understand most of the arguments posted here. Hope you guys realize how frustrating it is for us, overseas eBay users, to beg sellers for an international shipment on a regular basis. We're all in this together, aren't we ? (I know, stupid crooks and losers are everywhere).
R2mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #32 (permalink)

I ship overseas for very few members here, only those I can trust that won't screw me out of my cards.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #33 (permalink)

Same as karlsta here, I am in Australia and have resorted to using Borderlinx to get cards from you guys on ebay.com, it costs me extra for the double shipping but if thats what I need to do to get cards for my pc then so be it.

I get the reasons for you not to international post, but you have so many more cards for me to get lol
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #34 (permalink)

I live in France, I buy on ebay since 2003 and only one item was lost by the post office.

You don't understand when you don't sell outside USA you block the auction for a lot of buyers, and more buyers it's a higher final price, that's simple.

I don't accept to pay more than 14 bucks for a shipping charge, that depend of the card, but usually it's always 3 or 4.00$ with a tracking number by USPS First Class Mail International.

Try to look outside US collections and you will see a lot of europeans collectors have got very nice collections.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #35 (permalink)

I may start offering international shipping with a new printer/label setup. I don't want to be filling out forms for 3 dollar cards.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

I'm also from Australia and I have on three occasions requested priority mail for $17 (now $24) when the card is valuable enough, even though the USA sellers are happy to send $3 1st class intl. I do this bc I want the seller covered as well and I know if it does go missing I have no choice but to open a case. I have had maybe 250 cards sent 1st class intl (no tracking/cover) and I have had ONE not arrive... a $3 card... I didn't open a case, seller had a lot of feedback at 100% I'm sure they sent it, it just didn't arrive.

However, If I chose to not pay for cover/tracking bc the cards is under say $50 that doesn't make me a scammer (in reaction to the comment above) If I had to pay for cover on every card Ive bought of ebay from the states I'd be flat freakin broke...

I have almost 400 feedback all positive as both a buyer and seller... I understand some have been burnt but seriously why would anyone waste their time to make contact over a lower end card just to scam??? especially if they are a solid ebayer with extensive feedback history and both paypal and ebay verified???

Last edited by Jonathon M; 01-28-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Jonathon M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2mi View Post
@karlsta : It seems to be a good solution, indeed ... but not everyone has a friend living in the US.

I understand most of the arguments posted here. Hope you guys realize how frustrating it is for us, overseas eBay users, to beg sellers for an international shipment on a regular basis. We're all in this together, aren't we ? (I know, stupid crooks and losers are everywhere).
I do the same for a Super Collector from Norway. He collects all sets, parallels inserts from 1986-present. They all get shipped to my address and I send out large packages regularly to Norway. I also get to keep his duplicates to sell at auctions to cover the shipping costs all of which I pay.
phdbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #38 (permalink)

some people in this thread have said they use USPS international registered mail when they send packages overseas. THIS DOES NOT PROTECT YOU UNDER PAYPAL'S RULES. I cannot stress this enough. the ONLY way paypal will accept full tracking and proof of delivery for international shipments is with USPS express international shipping. I discuss this topic with every paypal rep ive ever called just to see if there's any inconsistencies in their responses, but they always say the same thing - express international or bust. it is expensive (right around 40 USD), but its worth it.

Last edited by AlabamaSlamma; 01-28-2013 at 09:36 AM.
AlabamaSlamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #39 (permalink)

So much incorrect information in this thread from international buyers. USPS $3 first class mail has no tracking. $14 priority mail has no tracking, and it does not protect the US seller. The ONLY way to protect seller (like AlabamaSlamma said above) is to get express international. In addition, seller is required to put the correct amount of the card on the custom form. So, for some counties, the buyer would require to pay for import tax.

I personally have problem with those international buyers intentionally bidding 10x times higher than market price to secure the win. And a month later, they file claims. The funny part is that, every "missing" mail comes from ebay transaction, not from forum trade/sell.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaSlamma View Post
some people in this thread have said they use USPS international registered mail when they send packages overseas. THIS DOES NOT PROTECT YOU UNDER PAYPAL'S RULES. I cannot stress this enough. the ONLY way paypal will accept full tracking and proof of delivery for international shipments is with USPS express international shipping. I discuss this topic with every paypal rep ive ever called just to see if there's any inconsistencies in their responses, but they always say the same thing - express international or bust. it is expensive (right around 40 USD), but its worth it.
Or Fedex/Purolator.

I had a package go missing supposedly in Indonesia after pay8ing $89 to fedex it. It was signed for and I put a value of $4500. I had to buy $18 worth of insurance as well. The buyer emails me and says he never got it. I call the 1-800 number talk to insurance claim. Exactly 2 weeks later the claim is dropped and nothing happend. Fedex > Paypal
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #41 (permalink)

fedex is definitely the best overall shipping option. I was clarifying for those who use USPS as their primary delivery provider.

how did you categorize your 4500 card shipment? i tried to send a high dollar card package via fedex once and they told me they couldnt insure it for more than 1,000 because it fell into a 'collectibles' category (similar to coins, currency, etc). their reasoning was that collectibles fluctuate in value and may not necessarily be worth what they're insured for. I explained how I can show proof of value via the PayPal receipt, but that wasn't good enough. I walked out before the yelling could begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Or Fedex/Purolator.

I had a package go missing supposedly in Indonesia after pay8ing $89 to fedex it. It was signed for and I put a value of $4500. I had to buy $18 worth of insurance as well. The buyer emails me and says he never got it. I call the 1-800 number talk to insurance claim. Exactly 2 weeks later the claim is dropped and nothing happend. Fedex > Paypal
Old 01-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
So much incorrect information in this thread from international buyers. USPS $3 first class mail has no tracking. $14 priority mail has no tracking, and it does not protect the US seller. The ONLY way to protect seller (like AlabamaSlamma said above) is to get express international. In addition, seller is required to put the correct amount of the card on the custom form. So, for some counties, the buyer would require to pay for import tax.

I personally have problem with those international buyers intentionally bidding 10x times higher than market price to secure the win. And a month later, they file claims. The funny part is that, every "missing" mail comes from ebay transaction, not from forum trade/sell.

It is not $3 for 1 oz or less now it is $6.15 for up to 2 oz and goes way up from there.
phdbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #43 (permalink)

and i always get a chuckle when i read 'purolator' in your posts. purolator is a major oil filter manufacturer in the US. disguising card shipments in car parts boxes may not be a bad idea.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
fedex is definitely the best overall shipping option. I was clarifying for those who use USPS as their primary delivery provider.

how did you categorize your 4500 card shipment? i tried to send a high dollar card package via fedex once and they told me they couldnt insure it for more than 1,000 because it fell into a 'collectibles' category (similar to coins, currency, etc). their reasoning was that collectibles fluctuate in value and may not necessarily be worth what they're insured for. I explained how I can show proof of value via the PayPal receipt, but that wasn't good enough. I walked out before the yelling could begin.
I buy third party insurance. Thats why it cost me $18 over and above the price. Fedex asked me (or postnet the company that handled it) sold me the extra third party insurance so it was noted on the fedex package. As soon as I opened a claim, Fed ex was on it like white on rice!! The insurance would make fedex pay me right away if they couldnt figure out what happend to the package eventhough it was delivered.

They did an investigation and found it was delivered to the right addy with someone else from the household signing for it. The buyer was being a douche and just claiming nothing was recieved.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Every country has scammers. I no longer ship to Canada, US/Mexico!! No UK Aus or HK.

I only ship to the following countries..
Lebannon
Egypt
Jordan
North Korea
Nigera
Congo
Sudan
Yemen
Ukraine
Gerogia
Czech Republic
Mali (On hold for now)

Everyone else is banned due to too much scamming!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #46 (permalink)

ah, i didnt know fedex had a 3rd party insurance option. ill definitely keep that in mind down the road. much appreciated.

Quote:
I buy third party insurance. Thats why it cost me $18 over and above the price. Fedex asked me (or postnet the company that handled it) sold me the extra third party insurance so it was noted on the fedex package. As soon as I opened a claim, Fed ex was on it like white on rice!! The insurance would make fedex pay me right away if they couldnt figure out what happend to the package eventhough it was delivered.

They did an investigation and found it was delivered to the right addy with someone else from the household signing for it. The buyer was being a douche and just claiming nothing was recieved.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
ah, i didnt know fedex had a 3rd party insurance option. ill definitely keep that in mind down the road. much appreciated.
They actually dont. But if you ship from a postnet (a place that offers all services) they usually have an in house insurance.!! Thats what I used.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Every country has scammers. I no longer ship to Canada, US/Mexico!! No UK Aus or HK.

I only ship to the following countries..
Lebannon
Egypt
Jordan
North Korea
Nigera
Congo
Sudan
Yemen
Ukraine
Gerogia
Czech Republic
Mali (On hold for now)

Everyone else is banned due to too much scamming!
No Cuba?!

On to the topic, you can buy ebay's shipcover insurance for USPS Priority international packages. It's usually cheaper than the USPS insurance rates. I heard it covers works the same if not better than the USPS version.
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #49 (permalink)

It's a vicious circle. US sellers can be protected if they use Express, or if they are somehow able to insure parcels sent another method. They should be willing to pass that cost onto the buyer, if the buyer wants the card bad enough they should have no problem paying that.
However, then the seller risks getting low ratings for shipping price in the ebay star system, which can then lead to penalties with their account.
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
It's a vicious circle. US sellers can be protected if they use Express, or if they are somehow able to insure parcels sent another method. They should be willing to pass that cost onto the buyer, if the buyer wants the card bad enough they should have no problem paying that.
However, then the seller risks getting low ratings for shipping price in the ebay star system, which can then lead to penalties with their account.
this is dead on. i have a potential international buyer who's very interested in a card of mine that sells for about a hundred bucks. i've explained the express intl shipping situation to him several times. its cost prohibitive for me to sell to him because i would have to spend almost half of the price of the card on shipping to be protected by PP. hes told me multiple times he 'doesnt mind' if i send with regular mail & that he's never had a problem with anything showing up. thats most likely true, but im SOL if something were to happen. it sucks, but its the nature of the hobby these days.