Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
People dont realize that these were his averages not too long ago.

2008 26pts,7ast,3reb
2009 18pts,6ast,3reb
2010 14pts,4ast,3reb

People who dont believe that he can be a solid nba BACKUP PG or something like a jamal crawford/nick young scoring sixth man are crazy. He was here in Charlotte a week ago and he looks good. Hes in shape.
This guy, if he took a few months to get in shape could obviously still be a good player but he is just such a problem to any team bc he doesn't practice, he's not willing to step aside for young teamates growth, he stops the offense from flowing and he's a pain in the ass. Shame.

Don't be so hard on me, I'm already a Knick fan!
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
This guy, if he took a few months to get in shape could obviously still be a good player but he is just such a problem to any team bc he doesn't practice, he's not willing to step aside for young teamates growth, he stops the offense from flowing and he's a pain in the ass. Shame.
Hel need to morph into an assist king. draw doubles, and punch out the ball. Or find cutters. I think hes alot older now, and hel be more of a mentor role to the young guys. He deserves another shot, hands down.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to AceGambit3 Send a message via MSN to AceGambit3

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
lol, Iverson took it as an insult if coaches tried to bench him, you think he would want to play with rejects in the DLeague? lol
No it's more like "Iverson took it as an insult to be benched for the likes of Rodney Stuckey"......and how did that work out for Detroit.

Let's all face fact, Iverson never should have had the final couple years he did, the trade to Detroit started the whole "Lost a step","No Longer Star" crap.
While the man averaged 26 pts, 7 ast, 42 mpg the previous year.......

But the word spread like wildfire and any team that would take him only wanted him to come off the bench, you can't expect one of the NBA's biggest stars to just accept that. So the past 3 years happened.

Now yes a few years have passed and a bench role would be best NOW but Iverson is still a player that can get you 15ppg/5 apg on a nightly basis off the bench. After getting back into the swing of things, he could then flirt with 20+ pts but first he has to be given the PROPER chance. Not overseas, not D-League. But a NBA Contract and coming off bench for a proven player.

Example: No certified star will sit on the bench while Darren Collison or Luke Walton has the Starting job...it's not gonna happen. But they will if they are coming in for a Westbrook, Rose, Parker, Rondo, Nash, etc.

I personally would love to see him get a chance with the Celtics, Thunder, or Miami. Each team has established stars to where Iverson couldn't turn all the focus on him even if he wanted to and each team has a reason to add a veteran PG/SG presence to their lineup. But who knows. All we can do is wait and see if anything ever comes.
AceGambit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceGambit3 View Post
No it's more like "Iverson took it as an insult to be benched for the likes of Rodney Stuckey"......and how did that work out for Detroit.

Let's all face fact, Iverson never should have had the final couple years he did, the trade to Detroit started the whole "Lost a step","No Longer Star" crap.
While the man averaged 26 pts, 7 ast, 42 mpg the previous year.......

But the word spread like wildfire and any team that would take him only wanted him to come off the bench, you can't expect one of the NBA's biggest stars to just accept that. So the past 3 years happened.

Now yes a few years have passed and a bench role would be best NOW but Iverson is still a player that can get you 15ppg/5 apg on a nightly basis off the bench. After getting back into the swing of things, he could then flirt with 20+ pts but first he has to be given the PROPER chance. Not overseas, not D-League. But a NBA Contract and coming off bench for a proven player.

Example: No certified star will sit on the bench while Darren Collison or Luke Walton has the Starting job...it's not gonna happen. But they will if they are coming in for a Westbrook, Rose, Parker, Rondo, Nash, etc.

I personally would love to see him get a chance with the Celtics, Thunder, or Miami. Each team has established stars to where Iverson couldn't turn all the focus on him even if he wanted to and each team has a reason to add a veteran PG/SG presence to their lineup. But who knows. All we can do is wait and see if anything ever comes.

Exactly. Owners dont want to see him be a star again because it makes a good story. Oh he is just spoiled... Oh he is lazy... Oh he is black... Oh he blew all his money... Oh thats what expected anyway... Its like this dark racist side of America that blocks IVersons comeback, its so annoying
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Hel need to morph into an assist king. draw doubles, and punch out the ball. Or find cutters. I think hes alot older now, and hel be more of a mentor role to the young guys. He deserves another shot, hands down.
Deserves a shot, sure, but mark my words he'll blow it. I think that he could work up to scoring near 20, I don't think that's crazy, I think he would never ever get near 10 assists a game. And I think more likely he drops 12 a game and complains about his role.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
Deserves a shot, sure, but mark my words he'll blow it. I think that he could work up to scoring near 20, I don't think that's crazy, I think he would never ever get near 10 assists a game. And I think more likely he drops 12 a game and complains about his role.
Exactly deserves a shot but putting up 20 and 10 is absurd. He never averaged 10 assists a game when he was playing 40 mins a game. Not sure how he would be do it in less minutes....people are so bias on here.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #57 (permalink)

Iverson was back in news with a Judge hammering him for being a terrible parent. Loses custody of his kids.
He just has way too much baggage for NBA to even give him a mini look.
Report: Judge says Allen Iverson an unfit parent
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #58 (permalink)

Now loses his mansion in Atlanta. Not a good few weeks for him...
Y! SPORTS
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Iverson was back in news with a Judge hammering him for being a terrible parent. Loses custody of his kids.
He just has way too much baggage for NBA to even give him a mini look.
Report: Judge says Allen Iverson an unfit parent
The 'All-More trouble than they're worth' team: Gilbert Arenas, Stephon Marburry, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Smush Parker, Marcus Williams, Ricky Davis, Jonny Flynn.
Jayhawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawkaholic View Post
The 'All-More trouble than they're worth' team: Gilbert Arenas, Stephon Marburry, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Smush Parker, Marcus Williams, Ricky Davis, Jonny Flynn.
Antoine Walker.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Antoine Walker.
Jason Williams, Eddy Curry

Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

If he really wanted to make a comeback he would have signed that D-league contract and shut the doubters up /thread
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote