Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

not to detract from irving, because he has a ton of potential and i like his style of play, he is not as good as wade right now (even considering how the fans and wade both say wade is not playing well, he is still putting up great numbers, better/more efficient then kyrie, playing second fiddle on his team), and there is no telling how irving would play in a system where he isnt the number one option and on a team that is in the title race. if the heat move wade or bosh (while they are still producing as they are now) it wont be hard to attract great talent to miami, everyone wants to play for a serious contender and possible dynasty. while cleavland may have some young talent and gaining more in the coming years, when lebron was leading the cavs and dominating the regular season, they still couldnt bring in big talent. thats the difference in franchises like cleavland compared to the lakers, and thats what miami is in the process of becoming, the advantages of living in miami vs. cleavland are also known.
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
not to detract from irving, because he has a ton of potential and i like his style of play, he is not as good as wade right now (even considering how the fans and wade both say wade is not playing well, he is still putting up great numbers, better/more efficient then kyrie, playing second fiddle on his team), and there is no telling how irving would play in a system where he isnt the number one option and on a team that is in the title race. if the heat move wade or bosh (while they are still producing as they are now) it wont be hard to attract great talent to miami, everyone wants to play for a serious contender and possible dynasty. while cleavland may have some young talent and gaining more in the coming years, when lebron was leading the cavs and dominating the regular season, they still couldnt bring in big talent. thats the difference in franchises like cleavland compared to the lakers, and thats what miami is in the process of becoming, the advantages of living in miami vs. cleavland are also known.
Except it's a moot point when the Cavs already have a big time talent - they didn't have that before - now they already do without LeBron. They don't need to try to trade for Amare (and thank god they didn't anyway) - They don't have to convince someone to come play with LeBron - they just offer Kyrie more money then any other team can. Done and done.

I also think you're making it way too easy for the Heat to just trade Wade or Bosh and get legit talent back or even cap space. Realistically if they trade either guy it's to get them under the Luxury Tax line. They'd replace them with cheaper options. I also don't think Bosh has exactly defined himself as a franchise player - are you really getting a ton of talent back? Look at what Memphis got for Rudy Gay - is Bosh really better? And what are you getting for Wade at age 32 or 33?

I agree that Wade is technically more efficient this year then Kyrie (23.11 to 22.50 - although it's alot easier to be efficient with LeBron then it is with a young Dion Waiters as your SG) - but if both players are essentially the same, and for sake of argument lets say they are even if their skills might be different, does LeBron want to play with the guy that will be 21 in 2014 or the guy that will be 32?

I don't know the answer - but I know who I'd pick.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
One major problem with this logic is back when the Cavs had to overpay for Larry Hughes and the like, it was a large part due to LeBron playing the game and wanting every team to recruit him. If he had signed a long term extension with Cleveland and put the "am I leaving or going" nonsense to bed, there would have been a long line of FAs willing to play for the Cavs. Obviously back then LeBron had other plans and quite frankly was so damn immature, he didn't realize how his actions were directly affecting the type of team that the front office could build around him. Everyone and their mother would rather live in Miami, that goes without saying, but what do you say to the fact that he lives there during the season and in the summer months (Prime Time for South Beach lifestyle) he lives in Akron....?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440shane View Post
One major problem with this logic is back when the Cavs had to overpay for Larry Hughes and the like, it was a large part due to LeBron playing the game and wanting every team to recruit him. If he had signed a long term extension with Cleveland and put the "am I leaving or going" nonsense to bed, there would have been a long line of FAs willing to play for the Cavs. Obviously back then LeBron had other plans and quite frankly was so damn immature, he didn't realize how his actions were directly affecting the type of team that the front office could build around him. Everyone and their mother would rather live in Miami, that goes without saying, but what do you say to the fact that he lives there during the season and in the summer months (Prime Time for South Beach lifestyle) he lives in Akron....?
It's a good point.

There were rumors of the Cavs just trading for Bosh back in the day - but Bosh wouldn't committ to Cleveland until LeBron did - and LeBron wouldn't.

Water under the bridge for me as a Cavs fan. I've enjoyed watching this younger Cavs team grow and I'm excited about Kyrie/Tristan/Dion/Tyler and the future draft picks.

LeBron loves Ohio. Always has. Represents with Ohio State well (is always "tweeting" at Sullinger and the like) and I think he's just as happy at home as he is in the spotlight. He can still go to Miami any time he wants - all athletes can - but he generally loves Akron.

He's super close still with all his HS coaches - and alot of them think he's coming back.

Who knows. My entire point of this thread was more "Cavs" then "LeBron" as 90% of people have no clue the treasure chest of assets the Cavs have built up they can use between 2013 and 2017. Every other time the commission steps to the mic the Cavs will be on the clock. Haha.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #30 (permalink)

FYI - No one but Cavs fans will actually care - but here is the Cavs draft situation over the next 6 years. TONS of picks.

2013: The Cavs have their own first-round pick, Sacramento’s (top-13 protected.), and Miami’s pick (top-10 protected.) They also have the right to swap the Lakers pick (which now belongs to Phoenix and is top-14 protected) with the most favorable of those three picks. They also have their own second-round pick and Orlando’s second-round pick.

2014: The Cavs have their own first-round pick, plus Sacramento’s pick if not already used (top-12 protected.) They also may have Miami’s pick if not already received (top-10 protected.) They have their own second-round pick, Memphis’ second-round pick and Orlando’s second-round pick.

2015: The Cavs have their own first-round pick, plus Sacramento’s pick if not already used (top-10 protected.) They may also have Miami’s pick if not already used. The Cavs have their own second-round pick. Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick protected 1-5 and 15-30 if Memphis has satisfied its first round obligation to Minnesota already. (Minnesota gets Memphis’ first-round pick first year that if Memphis makes playoffs starting with 2013. Memphis can then convey its first-round pick two years after that to the Cavs. So the Cavs can potentially receive the Memphis first-round pick starting in 2015.)

2016: The Cavs have their own first-round pick, plus Sacramento’s pick if not already used (top-10 protected.) They may also have Miami’s pick if not already used (top-10 protected.) The Cavs have their own second-round pick. If not conveyed in 2015, Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick protected 1-5 and 15-30 if Memphis has satisfied its first-round obligation to Minnesota already. (Minnesota gets Memphis’ first-round pick the first year that Memphis makes the playoffs starting with 2013. Memphis can then convey its first-round pick two years after that to the Cavs. So the Cavs can potentially receive the Memphis first-round pick starting in 2015.)

2017: The Cavs have their own first-round pick and also have their own second-round pick. If not conveyed earlier, the Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick protected 1-5 if Memphis has satisfied its first-round obligation to Minnesota already. (Minnesota gets Memphis’ first-round pick the first year that Memphis makes the playoffs starting with 2013. Memphis can then convey its first-round pick two years after that to the Cavs. So the Cavs can potentially receive the Memphis first-round pick starting in 2015.)

2018: The Cavs have their own first-round pick and also have their own second-round pick. If not conveyed earlier, the Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick protected 1-5 if Memphis has satisfied its first round obligation to Minnesota already. (Minnesota gets Memphis’ first-round pick the first year that Memphis makes the playoffs starting with 2013. Memphis can then convey its first-round pick two years after that to Cavs. So the Cavs can potentially receive the Memphis’ first-round pick starting in 2015.)

2019: The Cavs have their own first-round pick and also have their own second-round pick. If not conveyed earlier, the Cavs also have Memphis’ first-round pick unprotected

NOTE I: The Cavs own two first-round picks from Miami. They are both top-10 protected. Assuming the Cavs get the first of those in 2013, the first allowable year the second pick can be received is 2015. If the first of those picks is not received until 2015, it is unprotected and the next pick would be received in 2017 unprotected as well.

NOTE II: If the Cavs have not received Sacramento’s first-round pick by 2017, Sacramento will convey its 2017 second-round pick to Cleveland (protected 56-60).
Old 01-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #31 (permalink)

Another great article on the subject -

Rudy Gay trade shows LeBron James the future: Super team era ending - Yahoo! Sports
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
not to detract from irving, because he has a ton of potential and i like his style of play, he is not as good as wade right now
Factor in defensive impact and it is not really close at this point. Hard for a PG to reach that level simply by the nature of the position.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #33 (permalink)

It makes sense, and Kyrie Irving is a stud, who will take the last shot at the end of the game. It's a win win for LeBron!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

i dont think thats going to happen.. but i see happening is kyrie irving wearing the purple and gold in a couple of yrs
Joshua961203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #35 (permalink)

this would have a good chance at happening if gilbert didnt act like a complete moron and crybaby after he left...cavs fans better hope he leaves
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #36 (permalink)

I think Lebron goes to whichever team ends up landing Greg Oden. Nothing spells dynasty like GREG F'ING ODEN. Woo!

Last edited by ivbaseball06; 01-31-2013 at 09:32 PM.
ivbaseball06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #37 (permalink)

lebron to detroit lol
AlphaNOmega06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #38 (permalink)

Wow. You should look into going to school. If you have that much free time to come up with 1001 hypothetical situations then you should go back to school and put all that energy and effort to good use. What you spewed out is ridiculous. There are more "if's" in you equation than any real facts.

Lebron will NEVER go back to the Cavs. Period. End of Story.

I am not a hater, just a rational person that has followed the NBA for 25 years +

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #39 (permalink)

i was pissed when lebron left, and after watching the cavs the past 2 seasons, i will gladly welcome him back, LBJ is the best overall player in the game, he always looked good in wine and gold
bkovach06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
Wow. You should look into going to school. If you have that much free time to come up with 1001 hypothetical situations then you should go back to school and put all that energy and effort to good use. What you spewed out is ridiculous. There are more "if's" in you equation than any real facts.

Lebron will NEVER go back to the Cavs. Period. End of Story.

I am not a hater, just a rational person that has followed the NBA for 25 years +
And this is the typical ridiculous response I expected to get. Thanks for proving me correct.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #41 (permalink)

I've been saying this to many people for a few years being a Cleveland Cavs fan myself... the way I think this out is Lebron knew what he was doing leaving Cleveland to win a championship(which is well deserved for all hes done the years there and carrying the team the way he did). Well he leaves after cleveland has a good year knowing not much will be there and hes been good friends with Kyrie from the sounds of it for awhile. Well he leaves Cleveland is awful and they locked in the pick to get kyrie. Well same thing happened thereafter they were bad and got more top picks to put a nice young team together which essentially will bring back King James and he can be a leader to the youthful team that the Cavs will have and he will be the face of Ohio once again and people will forget all about him screwing them over and be all over him again and he will win 1 ring atleast in Ohio before its all said and done and go out on top as a Cleveland Cavalier.
(Just my opinion bet this comment will get alot of hate lol)