Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Clippers autograph alley ... Thoughts?

So next week myself and a friend will get to partake in autograph alley when the Clips play Houston. What it entails is about 40 season ticket holders hanging out at shoot around before the game and Clips players come by and sign your items. There are no guarantees about who will sign but Blake Griffin seems to be a regular.

What I wanted to ask of my esteemed board members is what should I get signed by some of the players and what do you think I should try and get signed by Blake and hopefully CP3. I recently purchased this hoping I can get both to sign:

RareInk - Clippers Lob City - Clippers - TEAMS

But might it be better to leave it alone and maybe have Blake sign a jersey or a ball? Just thought I'd ask the experts. Thoughts and ideas are welcomed.
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Good luck out there. CP3 has become a bit of a jerk recently. Heard he was signing circles on people's items earlier today. They should be cool though since you are season ticket holders. Honestly, I would only try for CP3 and Griffin on a dual photo or something and the rest of the guys on team balls or cards.
SDcardguy24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

my family has season tickets and last season when we did it basically everyone signed (at least the main players). However, this year we did it and hardly anyone signed. Blake Griffin was the big exception as he signed for everyone my day. Another warning is even if you get the auto it will come out really bad, cause they sign it fast so the signature will be far from clean.

EDIT: the poster you posted is cool, but don't spend that much on something to get signed, by the nature of the signing session the auto will not come out clean enough that it is worth spending much money on a item to get signed.

Last edited by bigeric; 02-06-2013 at 11:02 PM.
bigeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Get hoops cards with non glossy surface done. Those always look nice.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Jealous of you haha, wish i could go to something like that. Good Luck to getting the Players you want and sick picture by the way
NavyDuck8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Official NBA Basketball would be my choice.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

I say 8x10 or 16x20 for anyone you like on the team. The thing I cringe about is someone giving you a bad signature on a $80 basketball so you could always go I/O or mini ball instead.
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

Update:

So decided not to bring the artwork and glad I didn't because no sign of Chris Paul pre-game. I got Blake to sign a replica jersey, Chauncey Billups to sign a 2012-13 Past and Present base card, and a Clippers red basketball signed by Lamar Odom, Deandre Jordan, Rony Turiaf and Ryan Hollins. Matt Barnes was the only other signer but he didn't get to our area. Disappointed no Grant Hill.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sweet, would love to see some pics when you get the chance. Sounds like it would've been fun.

Photobucket:http://s662.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hof_collector_15/profile/
HOF_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #10 (permalink)

One of these days I'll learn how to post pics on here. And not to shill for the company that made the artwork, but just my luck, they have a promo for all the Clippers artwork they have on their site (which is a ton). Get 25 percent off if you use the code lobcity until the 22nd. Wish I had waited. Grrr....