Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kobe calling it quits next year?!?!?!?!?!

Lakers’ Drama Soars To New Heights NBA.com | Hang Time Blog

Hope he is just frustrated right now with his team and not being serious when he said that
sucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

One thing IS for sure. the longer he stays in the NBA, the more he destroys his legacy... smh it's a real shame.

See, with Jordan, it was a totally different story. He retired as a Bull right when he won his last championship! Doesn't matter too much that he came back later with the Wizards and didn't really do much. He left his legacy as a Bull perfectly in tact, and people don't take that Wizards stunt too seriously. I mean, that was bad enough, but compared to what Kobe is doing? Does not compare... haha

It's a real shame! Kobe should just call it quits before he totally destroys his legacy and just becomes a bad memory... or he better win one and call it a day. As impossible as that may be, that's what he needs to do at this point, and HE KNOWS IT! That's why he's still trying to hang in there. Oh next year.... oh next year......... hahaha I think chances are very slim that he saves his legacy, or impossible.

What a waste.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
One thing IS for sure. the longer he stays in the NBA, the more he destroys his legacy... smh it's a real shame.

See, with Jordan, it was a totally different story. He retired as a Bull right when he won his last championship! Doesn't matter too much that he came back later with the Wizards and didn't really do much. He left his legacy as a Bull perfectly in tact, and people don't take that Wizards stunt too seriously. I mean, that was bad enough, but compared to what Kobe is doing? Does not compare... haha

It's a real shame! Kobe should just call it quits before he totally destroys his legacy and just becomes a bad memory... or he better win one and call it a day. As impossible as that may be, that's what he needs to do at this point, and HE KNOWS IT! That's why he's still trying to hang in there. Oh next year.... oh next year......... hahaha I think chances are very slim that he saves his legacy, or impossible.

What a waste.

Hahaha, Kobe is having an incredible year and is ADDING to his legacy. How is he destroying it?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Hahaha, Kobe is having an incredible year and is ADDING to his legacy. How is he destroying it?
He is obviously confused... 27.4 PPG 5.3 REB 5.3 APG +24 EFF. I'm not even going to respond to someone that out of the loop
sucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucram View Post
He is obviously confused... 27.4 PPG 5.3 REB 5.3 APG +24 EFF. I'm not even going to respond to someone that out of the loop
Good point, I should stop feeding the trolls. ha
Old 02-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucram View Post
Obviously you collect him so you're mad? I guess that's normal.... then again, it's not.

Anyway... doesn't matter if he's scoring 100 points a game! Only thing that matter is, 24/27.................... lol

He is done.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Obviously you collect him so you're mad? I guess that's normal.... then again, it's not.

Anyway... doesn't matter if he's scoring 100 points a game! Only thing that matter is, 24/27.................... lol

He is done.
How does a 24/27 record show he's done? Last time I checked this is a team sport, and that Lakers team has a weak bench, been injury plagued, and Dwight hasn't exactly done much good this season.
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

He is done.
oh the record matters?

Who are your top 6 players of all time out of curiosity?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley24 View Post
How does a 24/27 record show he's done? Last time I checked this is a team sport, and that Lakers team has a weak bench, been injury plagued, and Dwight hasn't exactly done much good this season.
I agree that Dwight is definitely a problem... but unfortunately, most people don't remember the weak bench, and the injury plagues... they remember Kobe = been losing. Heck, the new generation will slowly forget Jordan, and he was known to WIN!!! lol... he won his last championship as a Bull, and ended off his Bulls carrer perfectly! What does the future hold for Kobe? Will people remember him, or the new generation give two craps? I don't think so.... but it's one man's opinion though. Time will see for sure.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I agree that Dwight is definitely a problem... but unfortunately, most people don't remember the weak bench, and the injury plagues... they remember Kobe = been losing. Heck, the new generation will slowly forget Jordan, and he was known to WIN!!! lol... he won his last championship as a Bull, and ended off his Bulls carrer perfectly! What does the future hold for Kobe? Will people remember him, or the new generation give two craps? I don't think so.... but it's one man's opinion though. Time will see for sure.

If Kobe and Jordan won't be remembered then no one will be remembered.
80 years from now the only thing basketball related that will be remembered is SILHOUETTES! because they are so sick and will outlast Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, Wilt, Kareem, Bird, Magic!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I should stop feeding the trolls. ha
I took your advise....
Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

SILHOUETTES!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I took your advise....
Advice by the way

SILHOUETTES!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
SILHOUETTES!
Quote:
Advice by the way

SILHOUETTES!
Tourette's?
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

What a waste.
Kobe is not having a bad year. He is still paying at a high level at his age. WIth what you said, Garnet, Pierce, Dirk N, Duncan, etc are all just wasting their lives by living their dreams and fighting for another champs. I respect them and do believe most people do. You have no respect for others by always accusing others defending their own opionions and constantly given accusation about people shilling their auctions. I am completely fed up. I dont care if i can banned or not. Your disrespect towards these players legacy and towards some other board members makes me feel like you have no empathy and does not know how people feel like when they are getting older and at the end of what they do best!!!!! MAybe when you retire and no one gives a #@#@#@#@ about you, then you will know what it feels like.
aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by aether View Post
Kobe is not having a bad year. He is still paying at a high level at his age. WIth what you said, Garnet, Pierce, Dirk N, Duncan, etc are all just wasting their lives by living their dreams and fighting for another champs. I respect them and do believe most people do. You have no respect for others by always accusing others defending their own opionions and constantly given accusation about people shilling their auctions. I am completely fed up. I dont care if i can banned or not. Your disrespect towards these players legacy and towards some other board members makes me feel like you have no empathy and does not know how people feel like when they are getting older and at the end of what they do best!!!!! MAybe when you retire and no one gives a #@#@#@#@ about you, then you will know what it feels like.
+1 I couldn't have said it better myself.
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #17 (permalink)

I hope he does, then he will never pass jordan in championships!
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #18 (permalink)

yea kobe is having a good year..but his PER is not +24..its 22.88 now, and his shooting percentage has gotten worse every month...

big Dwight is just not 100% its obvious..his vert is probably about 28 inches now...mid to high 30s when healthy..he did have back surgery...that's no joke..

here are his season splits
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/playe...10/kobe-bryant

i collect basketball patch cards..

Last edited by bettydaw1970; 02-11-2013 at 03:42 AM.
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote