Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Are the Celtics better without Rondo?
Yes 28 26.42%
No 45 42.45%
Too early to tell 23 21.70%
I don't know 3 2.83%
Who is Rondo? 7 6.60%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Are the Celtics better without Rondo?

This should get interesting.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosdesserts View Post
This should get interesting.
So you self-admittedly started a thread to troll?

Yeah...this should be good.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

No. Rondo is so good that his spirit is playing with the team and making them so much better.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Noooooooooooooo(wanted to say no but needed more characters )
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post

Yup As a Celtics fan, I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post

Hahahahahahaha.... hahaha ahhhh
Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Absolutely not.

Superstars win championships, and Rondo has a track record of A)winning and B) being elite

7 games in February doesnt erase the last 6 years
Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

I knew the celtics would come around... i wasnt worried.. pierce and kg just too good and young role players around them...

East will be the usual top 3 by playoff time... with maybe the knicks in there...
my guess would be heat bulls knicks celtics nets pacers
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well Lee, Terry, and Green have benefited out of Rondo injury as they get to have ball in their hands more now. problem is that rondo always wants to have ball to get assists so these others guy werent playing at a good level because of this
(Haiku)he's the hero blowout deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight.-BoxBreaker72
ronaldo943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Celtics just need to finish in the 4-7 range, preferably higher the better obviously but they can not finish 8th and see Miami in the first. They could give them a battle but I would not pick them to beat Miami
Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Celtics just need to finish in the 4-7 range, preferably higher the better obviously but they can not finish 8th and see Miami in the first. They could give them a battle but I would not pick them to beat Miami
i agree one can only hope the pacers play the heat as they can take out the heat
(Haiku)he's the hero blowout deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight.-BoxBreaker72
Old 02-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

too early to tell.

i don't think its just a coincidence that they are playing better yet i dont think its just because of rondo 100%.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm big Rondo fan and no question they are better with out him now. Ball moves , Doc is happy, team is happy. Rondo is just not well liked and stat happy player. A great player but not with current Celtic mix. Everyone seems to be playing harder knowing ball is moving around. Can't argue they record since he has been out, even in past the record was pretty without him.
I was the first person ripping Felger and Mazz when they were going on and on how much better the Celts would be without Rondo. I thought no way. But watching them play now, they are a team. Where no one is dominating the ball. Will be interesting next year when Rondo comes back how they do. Could be scary good if he fits into the new team mode they have now.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Aside from Miami, I dont see a major threat in the East...I know shocker. Unless Rose just picks up where he left off, I dont see the Bulls this year. Next year watch out. New York, Indy, Philly, Atlanta do nothing for me.

East is wideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee open *until you get to Miami
Old 02-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo943 View Post
Well Lee, Terry, and Green have benefited out of Rondo injury as they get to have ball in their hands more now. problem is that rondo always wants to have ball to get assists so these others guy werent playing at a good level because of this
Agreed, Rondo was so selfish. Doc even had to put him back into blow outs just so he could keep his assist streak going. Was a joke. He would dominate ball just looking to make one pass assist. Instead of any flow to the game.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Agreed, Rondo was so selfish. Doc even had to put him back into blow outs just so he could keep his assist streak going. Was a joke. He would dominate ball just looking to make one pass assist. Instead of any flow to the game.
Yea Rondo is very questionable like sometimes he can get an easy layup but he will end up kicking the ball out to someone for the 3, the guy is great but he plays for stats
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Rondo is just not well liked and stat happy player.
How is Rondo not well liked?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Again, he led the NBA in assists but hes very selfish? How is that possible? It got to the point this year when he was TOO unselfish by passing too much and not shooing.

Its not all for stats, he does stuff like that because he doenst have confidence in his shooting still.

But if the league leader in assists in selfish, I can only imagine what a real selfish player looks like
Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
He was running Doc's offense which is a PG ball dominant offense.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Aside from Miami, I dont see a major threat in the East...I know shocker. Unless Rose just picks up where he left off, I dont see the Bulls this year. Next year watch out. New York, Indy, Philly, Atlanta do nothing for me.

East is wideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee open *until you get to Miami
Pacers can take out Heat
Old 02-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

Bulls played well without Rose last season, but once playoffs started it was a different story. I see the same thing happening with the Celtics this year.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

lol people saying his assist numbers prove hes not selfish...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Again, he led the NBA in assists but hes very selfish? How is that possible? It got to the point this year when he was TOO unselfish by passing too much and not shooing.

Its not all for stats, he does stuff like that because he doenst have confidence in his shooting still.

But if the league leader in assists in selfish, I can only imagine what a real selfish player looks like
It's true. Exactly what is selfish about Rondo. He would just try and get assist and not keep the ball moving. Only looking to pad his stats. Dribble and look only to find a pass for an assist.
Even Doc took a nice shot at Rondo in one of his recent post game interviews. He said he doesn't even know who is gonna bring ball up and it's a good thing. His exact words. Team is sharing the ball. Everyone knows you will work harder when you know you can get the ball and have touches. With Rondo he likes to hold ball too long looking for a assist and not involve everyone and keep a good flow going with offense.
Does suck now, cause that dink Tony Mazz is right as much as I hate to say it.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

Thats not really a shot at Rondo saying not knwoing whos gonna bring the ball up is a good thing man, and you and your Boston radio host comments are so strange.

Even Terry said it, without knowing whats coming its tougher for teams to prepare for, which was Docs point
Old 02-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
It's true. Exactly what is selfish about Rondo. He would just try and get assist and not keep the ball moving. Only looking to pad his stats. Dribble and look only to find a pass for an assist.
Even Doc took a nice shot at Rondo in one of his recent post game interviews. He said he doesn't even know who is gonna bring ball up and it's a good thing. His exact words. Team is sharing the ball. Everyone knows you will work harder when you know you can get the ball and have touches. With Rondo he likes to hold ball too long looking for a assist and not involve everyone and keep a good flow going with offense.
Does suck now, cause that dink Tony Mazz is right as much as I hate to say it.
Doc said that because his other guards do not handle the ball well. Was not a shot at Rondo. Do you understand that Rondo was running Doc's offense. It is purposely designed for Rondo to create shots for other players because over the last couple of years they have not had players that can handle the ball and create.