Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kyrie Prizm RC why?

Why is it considered his rookie year? Someone posted that its due to the lockout, but i mean technically he played almost a whole "lockout" season. blake griffin played for like a few games before being injured for the whole year...and his rookie year was that year...

kyrie played more than blakes rookie injury year..i dont understand

does that mean that last years nba champions "technically" doesnt count? its just silly imo
Saruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
fZk

It has nothing to do with wether he played or not, is due to the fact that because of the lockout no cards were produced for his RC year. Is just in terms of cards and has nothing to do with the records of the league itself.
fZk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fZk View Post
It has nothing to do with wether he played or not, is due to the fact that because of the lockout no cards were produced for his RC year. Is just in terms of cards and has nothing to do with the records of the league itself.
wait, i have a ton of kyries from other series... just not from prizm, but prizm started this year..so its weird that this one picked it up too
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruchan View Post
wait, i have a ton of kyries from other series... just not from prizm, but prizm started this year..so its weird that this one picked it up too
i believe his RC cards all are 2012-13 products (kyrie 2nd year) and all 2011-12 products (kyrie rookie year) is considered XRC.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

All 12-13 labeled products are considered to have a dual rookie class. There were some redemption only rookies in 11-12, I believe these are considered XRC, it's all very confusing I know.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Why is it considered his rookie year? Someone posted that its due to the lockout, but i mean technically he played almost a whole "lockout" season. blake griffin played for like a few games before being injured for the whole year...and his rookie year was that year...

kyrie played more than blakes rookie injury year..i dont understand

does that mean that last years nba champions "technically" doesnt count? its just silly imo
Blake's actual rookie year was the following year in which he won ROY
They still made products that year so that's why his Offical rookie cards were that year.

Kyrie came in and they had the short season and no photoshoot and unable to get him into products henceforth this year being his rookie cards but its not his rookie season
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

i could be wrong but i thought it had something to do with it being his first card in a new product. Similar to the Jordan fleer rc...

but then that doesn't really make sense as then every card in prizm should be a rc haha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Oh and for bonus points, Blake's second year was actually considered his rookie year, hence why he stole the ROY John wall. But 10-11 griffin cards are not considered rc's because he had a full run of pack inserted rc's in the 09-10 priducts.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

There are enough ex-Beckett guys at Panini to have them adequately address this in Blog form on the Knight's Lance. Next time this questions pops, just point them to the Blog entry. I think I've explained this 4-5 different times already myself...
phdbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdbeckett View Post
There are enough ex-Beckett guys at Panini to have them adequately address this in Blog form on the Knight's Lance. Next time this questions pops, just point them to the Blog entry. I think I've explained this 4-5 different times already myself...
im not familiar with knights lance..could you link it to me? id like to take a read of it
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
im not familiar with knights lance..could you link it to me? id like to take a read of it
You must be very new to card collecting. If this is hard to understand, I suggest you stay far away from baseball cards.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
You must be very new to card collecting. If this is hard to understand, I suggest you stay far away from baseball cards.
ive collected a lil here and there all my life, but never gotten into it seriously. As you can tell from the # of forum posts im new to card forums too... and i only enjoy basketball cards..so you get your wish of me staying as far away from baseball as you want...