Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Panini America Unveils Redemption, Booth Plans for 2013 NBA All-Star Jam Session

Panini America Unveils Redemption, Booth Plans for 2013 NBA All-Star Jam Session
Feb 12th 2013, 21:39

It seems only fitting that the 2013 NBA All-Star Jam Session begins this Thursday, on Valentineís Day. After all, seemingly everything basketball fans love about the NBA will be on display inside Houstonís George R. Brown Convention Center ó including the passionate, bustling, must-visit destination known as the Panini America booth.
There will a little bit of something for the hoops lover in all of us at the Panini America booth beginning later this week, including four unique show-exclusive redemption sets and special free-autograph appearances from Thomas Robinson, Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. (And thatís not even counting the special Thursday afternoon signing with Houston Rockets superstar James Harden at the Houston Sports Connection.)

But first, letís focus on the show-exclusive sets that will be available at the Panini America booth as soon as the Jam Session opens on Thursday to fans and collectors who make qualifying purchases at the NBA Store. Panini America has developed three different six-card sets:
  • Franchise Greats: This Hoops-inspired set includes cards of Panini America exclusives Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin, current NBA superstars Harden and Deron Williams, and Houston Rockets legend Hakeem Olajuwon.
  • 2011-12 Rookie Stars: Utilizing the 2012-13 Threads Basketball design, this set pays tribute to standout members of the 2011 draft class (Kyrie Irving, Derrick Williams, Brandon Knight, Kenneth Faried, Kemba Walker and Klay Thompson)
  • 2012-13 Rookie Stars: Similar to the above rookie tribute, but honoring members of the 2012 drat class (Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Thomas Robinson, Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers and Jared Sullinger)
Fans and collectors will receive their choice of these sets for every $10 they spend on Panini America products at the Jam Sessionís NBA store (customers must present their receipt at the Panini America booth).
In addition, the company has produced nine special NBA All-Star Game patch cards (including Bryant, Durant, Griffin, Harden, Deron Williams, Irving, Davis and Olajuwon) that will be available to fans and collectors who purchase $25 worth of Panini America product at the NBA store (one patch card for every $25 spent.)
You can get your first look at all of the special cards in the gallery below.
As for player signings inside the Panini America booth, hereís the schedule:
Friday, February 15
Thomas Robinson ó 4-5:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 16
Anthony Davis ó 10:15-11:15 a.m.
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist ó 3:45-4:45 p.m.
Enjoy the gallery that follows and stay tuned to The Knightís Lance for continuing coverage of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game.

Panini America Unveils Redemption, Booth Plans for 2013 NBA All-Star Jam Session The Official Panini America Blog
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping for official word on the 11/12 rookie redemption. Not this crap!
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
Not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping for official word on the 11/12 rookie redemption. Not this crap!
lol... i got tricked as well...........

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
GA0

Since I'm in Houston and going to the jam session, this "crap" is what I like to hear. Na na boo boo!
John Wall sucks, send me all his autos for $5 a piece
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Anybody going to try for autos at it this year.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
GA0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Anybody going to try for autos at it this year.
I'll be trying, since I have a 10am ticket for Saturday. I'm definitely going to the James Harden signing.
John Wall sucks, send me all his autos for $5 a piece
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Yes I have tickets for 10am on Saturday to try to get MKG's auto
Alhorford27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

"You mean like sandwiches?" -infodesk lady's response when i asked where the non-existent panini booth was last year
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote