Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What's with the "re-sell" guys these days?

What's up with these guys? It seems as if they are everywhere in sight lately and I must admit, it really pisses me off. They tell you straight up that they are looking to re-sell your card....... that means that they are basically looking to give you next to nothing for your card and sell it sky high. I must say, it is freaking annoying to know that there are guys on here only looking to make a quick buck by lowballing guys and selling for sky high prices. It's a damn shame if you ask me

I mean, my prices are always easily moveable prices and I still get guys trying to pay me next to nothing for my cards. I actually got an offer of $300 shipped from a guy looking to re-sell my Jordan ATG auto /10......... I kindly rejected the offer and he then tells me that he is not spending more than $300 since he needs to re-sell.......... are you serious!? What is this hobby coming to? LOL

Am I the only one who gets pissed off by these guys?
Dwade Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Some guys do it for a living, its part of the hobby.

They are great if you want to get rid of lots fast.

Lowballers should always be ignored, reseller or not

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

A lot of flippers think low-balling is perfectly acceptable, as long as they justify themselves by telling you they're doing it.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
A lot of flippers think low-balling is perfectly acceptable, as long as they justify themselves by telling you they're doing it.
My point exactly, some guys have the nerve to tell you what they plan on doing with your card. I honestly understand guys wanting to re-selling a lot, but when I guy wants to re-sell a single card that I am selling. C'mon!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think there's a difference in lowballing and re-selling. I do re-selling, but I seek out people looking for quick $ with cards that are more difficult to sell. They get their $, and I get mine plus a little extra back 2 weeks later.

I hate people who lowball constantly. Try to flip on every single deal. It annoys me. Even if you give them a price 10% below eBay, they don't want it because there's no "profit". Id rather sell it on eBay myself lol
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Boooooooooom.

This!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
I think there's a difference in lowballing and re-selling. I do re-selling, but I seek out people looking for quick $ with cards that are more difficult to sell. They get their $, and I get mine plus a little extra back 2 weeks later.

I hate people who lowball constantly. Try to flip on every single deal. It annoys me. Even if you give them a price 10% below eBay, they don't want it because there's no "profit". Id rather sell it on eBay myself lol
They have guys who refuse great deals to push for a ripoff deal (50% below ebay) It happens so often that it is sickening, why would I sell for 50% ebay when selling doesn't require any work but listing and waiting for a buyer. I mean, if selling was hard physical labor that is understandable, but to make a few extra clicks on a computer, c'mon man

Btw, the cards that I am talking about are cards that are in demand that I can easily get close to ebay prices for such as a ATG Jordan auto
Old 02-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade Collector View Post
They have guys who refuse great deals to push for a ripoff deal (50% below ebay) It happens so often that it is sickening, why would I sell for 50% ebay when selling doesn't require any work but listing and waiting for a buyer. I mean, if selling was hard physical labor that is understandable, but to make a few extra clicks on a computer, c'mon man

Btw, the cards that I am talking about are cards that are in demand that I can easily get close to ebay prices for such as a ATG Jordan auto
Yeah those people are idiots. When I re-sell I look for $20-$25 profit on every $100 I spend. I feel like that's fair to both parties, if someone needs $ quickly.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah those people are idiots. When I re-sell I look for $20-$25 profit on every $100 I spend. I feel like that's fair to both parties, if someone needs $ quickly.
interesting concept, what makes a person sell a card, that sells for 300 all day long, sell to you for 225-240? why wouldnt they just sell it themselves for the 300 plus fees?
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
interesting concept, what makes a person sell a card, that sells for 300 all day long, sell to you for 225-240? why wouldnt they just sell it themselves for the 300 plus fees?
i think your misunderstanding what this guy is saying. i also buy to resell and what he is saying is he buys LOTS for 300 he would like around 375$ value so he can resell and make some money and you get the quick cash you need. i dont think he was saying that he would offer you 225 for a jordan atg auto. just my 2 cents.

Last edited by sals_cardz; 02-14-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: spelling error lol
sals_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
If you have a highly sought after card, you can put it blowout and have it sold in 10 minutes. It would make zero sense to sell that to someone for less lol

I buy a lot of cards that take a little while to sell. They get cash now, while I take the time to sell them and get compensated for my time.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

My Ebay store is my only source of income at the moment. A lot of times I buy to resell but by no means do I lowball people. Instead, I make smart purchases. I find cards that I think will increase in value very soon. I also am happy to oblige people that are looking to get out of the hobby, restart their collections, or simply don't know how to go about selling their stuff.

The people that post "I want Kobe, Lebron, Griffey, Pujols, Jeter, Luck, RGIII, and top notch HOF Autos. Not paying close to ebay" are the idiots that get ignored. If you are going to even try and pull that on someone at least disguise your ways. If someone walked up to you and said in five seconds I'm going to rob you would you knowingly stand there and let them?

-James
Always accepting consignments - Top Rated Seller - PM Me!
pastmyshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

My opinion on re-sellers is that if they want to re-sell as a business or to make profit why do it in the "card collecting" field? To me, cards were meant for trading and collecting.

Isn't the stock market what buying low and selling high is for? Leave people in the trading card hobby alone and prey elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
If you have a highly sought after card, you can put it blowout and have it sold in 10 minutes. It would make zero sense to sell that to someone for less lol

I buy a lot of cards that take a little while to sell. They get cash now, while I take the time to sell them and get compensated for my time.
Oh, lots, that makes more sense. Thanks for clearing it up.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyshades View Post
If someone walked up to you and said in five seconds I'm going to rob you would you knowingly stand there and let them?

-James
lol love this quote in regards to re-sellers and lowballers. this doesn't apply to all re-sellers though, some will offer a fair value for harder to move cards and then take the time to list them all and profit a bit in time. and the answer is no, i would beat the s*** out of them, which is what I wish I could do to a few people on here as well...

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
tYEwREEEk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

I try to resell because then I have more money to buy more PC