Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
good to know Jordan has his head on straight. I probably shoulda admitted this last year but this is the first year I feel totally comfortbale saying Lebron is the best player in the NBA, a step above durant. But I feel like we may be saying Durant is the best in about 2 years. But as for his career, its not even close, maybe time will change that but Kobe has just had a better career so far.
Thats the biggest problem with debating with homers. They selectively choose the best years to compare a player to another player with their worst years. Its like cherry picking stats to make sure your agenda is equal to what you try and prove. Thats not debating. Thats "coke bottling" to get what you want!!

THere is no sense it debating when people look at things with no regard to time, span of journey and subjective matters. The new generation of self entitlement maintains strong and true "I WANT IT AND WANT IT NOW, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS"
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #77 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

I'm saying Lebron would be one hell of a WR in the NFL right now..
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
I'm saying Lebron would be one hell of a WR in the NFL right now..
I wish the college rule was in place earlier that way Lebron would have had to go to school first. Then I was hoping they would change it so that you needed to actually graduate school with real marks (not bought marks) to get into the NBA. If that was the case, Lebron wouldnt be playing ball in my opinion!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I wish the college rule was in place earlier that way Lebron would have had to go to school first. Then I was hoping they would change it so that you needed to actually graduate school with real marks (not bought marks) to get into the NBA. If that was the case, Lebron wouldnt be playing ball in my opinion!
maybe requirments should change for regular jobs too. you have to be a good athlete to go to school and get a job..... im not saying education isnt important, but athletes do not get paid millions and we do not watch sports because athletes have book smarts.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

In fairness, that would ruin the nba and the talent would be pretty awful
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #81 (permalink)

Prime

Kobe over Lebron, BUT Kobe is on downside/closing of his career, there's still some chapters to be written in Lebron's book. So we'll see....
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #82 (permalink)

So we went from Lebron not being better than Kobe to Lebron not being smart enough to graduate
crose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #83 (permalink)

I'm surprised MJ left the craps table long enough to be interviewed.

People want to base being the greatest on rings. Nobody will ever catch Bill Russell.

Hell Horry has more rings than MJ. Is he the greastest?

LB is the best player ever. Period.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
In fairness, that would ruin the nba and the talent would be pretty awful
nothing like sacrificing an education for the all might $, and for the viewers entertainment......

it's the 'Merican way !!!
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediii33 View Post
I'm surprised MJ left the craps table long enough to be interviewed.

People want to base being the greatest on rings. Nobody will ever catch Bill Russell.

Hell Horry has more rings than MJ. Is he the greastest?

LB is the best player ever. Period.

LOL

The greatest ever, doesn't suck it up in the 4th quarter of the nba final games..

I recall Jordan being at this best during those times..
Old 02-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
maybe requirments should change for regular jobs too. you have to be a good athlete to go to school and get a job..... im not saying education isnt important, but athletes do not get paid millions and we do not watch sports because athletes have book smarts.
So are you suggesting that if Im good at tennis that automatically should make me a doctor? That education is not needed? lol

Im just saying pre requsites are a good thing. Or else we would be hiring circus clowns to do our fillings and panhandlers trying to build our homes.

Nothing like promoting "dont need to know how to spell, so as long as you have a 40" vertical, youll be fine"

We all face requirements to get our jobs and do things in life. So why not basketball?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Nice!

The man loves the game and that's it... doesn't care for the drama.

yes someone that avoids or doesn't care about the drama probably is someone that would want to have an hour long special on TV to tell his decision of which team he would sign for as a free agent
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
So are you suggesting that if Im good at tennis that automatically should make me a doctor? That education is not needed? lol

Im just saying pre requsites are a good thing. Or else we would be hiring circus clowns to do our fillings and panhandlers trying to build our homes.

Nothing like promoting "dont need to know how to spell, so as long as you have a 40" vertical, youll be fine"

We all face requirements to get our jobs and do things in life. So why not basketball?
You sound like there is no requirement to be a professional basketball player. Look at how many pre-draft sessions of those players have to go through. If you can't make a shot, you mostly would not get drafted. Then, you can try for summer league. Again, if you can't score or defend, you are out to go to NBA.

Then, you can also look at the NFL combine and PGA test. These two tests possible the highest professional exam/test that you can get. Very very few people in the world have the talent/skill to pass these exams.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Great ignorant post.

Lebron is one of the most articulate players in the league right now. Especially for being a guy that came straight out of high school.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:58 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Great ignorant post.

Lebron is one of the most articulate players in the league right now. Especially for being a guy that came straight out of high school.
Whats ignorant about it? It's the truth.

And don't think Lebron is all smarts. Plenty of PR people around him telling him what to do, what to say, how to act....
Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #91 (permalink)

These guys should have been forced to graduate college as well. Maybe they could have become something great!

10 Millionaires Who Never Graduated College
Old 02-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Whats ignorant about it? It's the truth.

And don't think Lebron is all smarts. Plenty of PR people around him telling him what to do, what to say, how to act....
According to him Lebron could be a doctor if he wanted to because hes goodn at basketball. Im willing to bet if he was forced to do a GMAT today, he wouldnt pass. But homers will say he cant do wrong because Lebron must be smart if he knows how to jump and sign his own name lol.

Being good a dribbling a basketball and throwing a ball through a hoop = good at math only in the basketball world!!

Dont bother with the attempt that playing a sport makes you smart in school

The whole point is meeting pre requisites that are assigned. If you cant meet the requirements, then you shouldnt be able to get a job or pass. Thats as simple as it can get.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Here comes the put words in your mouth posts.

Typical.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
These guys should have been forced to graduate college as well. Maybe they could have become something great!

Have you ever compared the 10 you got to the people who never made the billionaire list? I wonder how that comparison looks.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:

How's Allen Iverson doing these days?

All that talent, and he can't find a job. And Broke.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Have you ever compared the 10 you got to the people who never made the billionaire list? I wonder how that comparison looks.
You are missing the whole point of why NBA players are forced to go to college to begin with. It has NOTHING to do with THEIR future. Here is a hint for you .......$$$$$$$.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
How's Allen Iverson doing these days?

All that talent, and he can't find a job. And Broke.
Yeah and I bet I can't find an example of a college graduate in the same situation. Good one.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You are missing the whole point of why NBA players are forced to go to college to begin with. It has NOTHING to do with THEIR future. Here is a hint for you .......$$$$$$$.
And you are missing my point. My opinion on every pre requisite should be level. That if a re requisite exists, it must be met. Thats all!~!!

If I need med school and a pass on an exam to become X, I must do it to become X.

If the NBA requires you to spend a few years in college prior to being able to be drafted, then players must meet that requirement. No budding, no by passing or finding a loophole that lets you out of the guidelines. Thats all im saying.

I wish I could practice law without meeting the requirements!! Id be rich!!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah and I bet I can't find an example of a college graduate in the same situation. Good one.
of an NBA Superstar who blew over 200 Million in career Earnings? And is looking for work?

Go ahead.

Excuse me. $200 million he blew.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
According to him Lebron could be a doctor if he wanted to because hes goodn at basketball. Im willing to bet if he was forced to do a GMAT today, he wouldnt pass. But homers will say he cant do wrong because Lebron must be smart if he knows how to jump and sign his own name lol.

Being good a dribbling a basketball and throwing a ball through a hoop = good at math only in the basketball world!!

Dont bother with the attempt that playing a sport makes you smart in school

The whole point is meeting pre requisites that are assigned. If you cant meet the requirements, then you shouldnt be able to get a job or pass. Thats as simple as it can get.
youre totally off on this one. athletes do meet the requirements, thats why they are playing professional sports. no one is being a homer..... should a doctor have to be able to shoot 40% from the 3 pt line to get his license? athletes dedicate their life in a different way to reach their goal, just like any professional does in "normal" jobs. thats as simple as it can get..... its not fair saying an athlete must meet educational requirments when others do not have to meet an athletic requirement.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote