Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #126 (permalink)
Banned

I dont hate LeBron, but damn his supporters are idiots.
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Jordan is scared Lebron takes his spotlight as the best ever. LOL

The guy is 28 and way ahead of Jordan in terms of accolades.

Remember Jordan got his first ring at 28
I love how this is all anyone ever wants to bring up when they are a lebron fan. AGE. Okay, throw that up, but you are ignoring one thing. LEBRON HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE LONGER THAN JORDAN WHEN HE GOT HIS FIRST RING.

Lebron came straight out of high school. Jordan played college. Lebron fans always do nothing but bring up the age debate, but how can you do that and just ignore the fact that it took longer for lebron to get it done? Also, go through a season by season compairson through their first decade in the league. Going by years in league and not age, it's not anywhere near as close as you guys would like it to be.

Now, let me say this. Lebron is hands down the best player in the league right now. He's the most complete player by far. He does it all besides in the clutch, which I must admit he is starting to come around a little, but still has a long way to go. I'm not saying that he is bad or hating on him or any of this bs, I am just so sick of hearing age, age, age, age crap. Going by years in the league or season by season performances and it's not that close between jordan and lebron.

Jordan is GOAT. Period
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #128 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp98 View Post
I dont hate LeBron, but damn his supporters are idiots.
Said a bobcats fan

Old 02-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #129 (permalink)

Kobe is the closest thing to Michael Jordans competitive nature.

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #130 (permalink)

Not sure how nobody mentions that lebron's path to titles is 10 times easier now than Jordans was. Lebron left his team and joined 2 other franchise players all in their prime. Lebron has his 2 teammates starting in the all star game. He is able to get anything he wants on the court because he is on an all star team! With the game on the line, Lebron doesnt want to take the last shot and he doesnt need to because he's not even the best on his team in late game situations.

One thing that lebron can never ever come close to Jordan is heart and competitiveness. That wont show up on the stat sheet, but thats also taken into consideration as to why Jordan is considered the GOAT. If there was a last shot to take, it was not an option. It didnt matter if there were 5 guys on Jordan. The play was to Jordan and let him take over. And he carried the Bulls all those years. I know he had Pippen and other nice role players along the way, but it was all on him if they succeeded and he wanted it that way.

Lebron has always been and always will be a hypocrite when it comes to that. If his team wins, he wants people to know it was because of him, but if they lose, he is always the first one off the floor without shaking hands, whining like a baby, pouting and making excuses.

Always looking for Bulls dynasty autos and Jordan jerseys/patches.
rhigh2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
Not sure how nobody mentions that lebron's path to titles is 10 times easier now than Jordans was. Lebron left his team and joined 2 other franchise players all in their prime. Lebron has his 2 teammates starting in the all star game. He is able to get anything he wants on the court because he is on an all star team! With the game on the line, Lebron doesnt want to take the last shot and he doesnt need to because he's not even the best on his team in late game situations.

One thing that lebron can never ever come close to Jordan is heart and competitiveness. That wont show up on the stat sheet, but thats also taken into consideration as to why Jordan is considered the GOAT. If there was a last shot to take, it was not an option. It didnt matter if there were 5 guys on Jordan. The play was to Jordan and let him take over. And he carried the Bulls all those years. I know he had Pippen and other nice role players along the way, but it was all on him if they succeeded and he wanted it that way.

Lebron has always been and always will be a hypocrite when it comes to that. If his team wins, he wants people to know it was because of him, but if they lose, he is always the first one off the floor without shaking hands, whining like a baby, pouting and making excuses.
Appreciate greatness and be a witness to it
Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
I love how this is all anyone ever wants to bring up when they are a lebron fan. AGE. Okay, throw that up, but you are ignoring one thing. LEBRON HAS BEEN IN THE LEAGUE LONGER THAN JORDAN WHEN HE GOT HIS FIRST RING.

Lebron came straight out of high school. Jordan played college. Lebron fans always do nothing but bring up the age debate, but how can you do that and just ignore the fact that it took longer for lebron to get it done? Also, go through a season by season compairson through their first decade in the league. Going by years in league and not age, it's not anywhere near as close as you guys would like it to be.

Now, let me say this. Lebron is hands down the best player in the league right now. He's the most complete player by far. He does it all besides in the clutch, which I must admit he is starting to come around a little, but still has a long way to go. I'm not saying that he is bad or hating on him or any of this bs, I am just so sick of hearing age, age, age, age crap. Going by years in the league or season by season performances and it's not that close between jordan and lebron.

Jordan is GOAT. Period
You act like that is something to hold against lebron (that he came out of high school).

In my opinion that is a mark for Lebron. Jordan wasn't good enough to come out of high school.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #133 (permalink)

Lebron is the only person close to threatening Jordan's legacy. And that strikes fear in Kobe and Jordan fans. And even Jordan himself.

Get over it! Lebron is creating his own legacy.

Lebron lets him game do the talking, silence all you haters.

I love to see haters boil in their stew of hate and ignorance for one of the games greats!

Jordan isn't the saint the media portrays him to be.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:23 AM   #134 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

ohh GOD

How many times has the teammates thing been debunked. Jordan LUCKED out and happen to get scottie pippen (best 2nd man ever), then get kukoc (best european player at the time), then get rodman (one of the best rebounders/defebders EVER), etc.

Lets see Lebron had mo williams, boobie gobson, zadrunas and Jamison and eventually andersen v............... and he took them to the finals and the best record in the league.

Jordan got his azz kicked by the Pistons until Pippen showed up.

Jordan had the lakers, celtics and pistons to go through, Lebron had the Lakers (kobe and shaq and then kobe and gasol), celtics (big 3), spurs (duncan parker, ginobili), Dallas (dirk and company), Heat (shaq and wade).

Lets not act like the league is full of a bunch of scrubs.

ALSO Magic needs to have his speaking rights taken away. He said Jordan would beat Lebron 10 out of 10 times in a 1 on 1 game.

You tellin me Lebron couldn't use a 3 inch height advantage and a 45 pound weight advantage and just back jordan down and win 1 game.

Get out of here with that stupid crap Magic.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

oh yes jordan played with scrubs... and the league was SO tough. i mean the east was so hard and the supersonics are one of the greatest teams to ever play!!!!!

why make a comment about lebron 4 years ago. your opinions are a little dated. i can play too. Jordan can't beat a tough pistons team. what a little baby.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Said a bobcats fan

Thank you for proving my point.
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #137 (permalink)

Toni Kukoc was not the best European player of all time, hell he might not be a top 5.

Drazen Petrovic was 1, Sabonis or Dirk 2 then MAYBE Kukoc.

But back to the debate, just wanted to add taht.

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
oh yes jordan played with scrubs... and the league was SO tough. i mean the east was so hard and the supersonics are one of the greatest teams to ever play!!!!!

why make a comment about lebron 4 years ago. your opinions are a little dated. i can play too. Jordan can't beat a tough pistons team. what a little baby.
In case you missed it, Chicago Bulls - Detroit Pistons | 1991 Playoffs | ECF Game 4: Bad Boys are History - YouTube

Watch that then you can state some facts about Jordan.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
ohh GOD

How many times has the teammates thing been debunked. Jordan LUCKED out and happen to get scottie pippen (best 2nd man ever), then get kukoc (best european player at the time), then get rodman (one of the best rebounders/defebders EVER), etc.

Lets see Lebron had mo williams, boobie gobson, zadrunas and Jamison and eventually andersen v............... and he took them to the finals and the best record in the league.

Jordan got his azz kicked by the Pistons until Pippen showed up.

Jordan had the lakers, celtics and pistons to go through, Lebron had the Lakers (kobe and shaq and then kobe and gasol), celtics (big 3), spurs (duncan parker, ginobili), Dallas (dirk and company), Heat (shaq and wade).

Lets not act like the league is full of a bunch of scrubs.

ALSO Magic needs to have his speaking rights taken away. He said Jordan would beat Lebron 10 out of 10 times in a 1 on 1 game.

You tellin me Lebron couldn't use a 3 inch height advantage and a 45 pound weight advantage and just back jordan down and win 1 game.

Get out of here with that stupid crap Magic.
You must be on something. Jordan did it the right way. He stayed on his team to finish what he started. They drafted Scottie Pippen and Kukoc ( which is the right way to build teams) and Rodman was 34 when they signed him... Dont give me that crap about him doing the same thing as what lebron did, which was leave his team and go get 2 other all stars from other teams to make sure it would be easy for him and he wouldnt need to do as much.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #140 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Post all the links you want!

Here's the stat I like!

The poll is from 2011 by the way.

Also the Jordan quote is nice too!

So you guys post your fan sites, stats and whatnot, but NBA players and the Greatest of all time surely carry more weight then a stat, no?
Jordan's a great talent evaluator. Just look how well he has done in the front office.

Oh, wait...
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
In case you missed it, Chicago Bulls - Detroit Pistons | 1991 Playoffs | ECF Game 4: Bad Boys are History - YouTube

Watch that then you can state some facts about Jordan.
Here's a fact.

Jordan took years to get over the Pistons. What a scrub during those years.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #142 (permalink)

MJ about Lebron :

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."

For the rest of the game, when LeBron gets the ball and starts his move, Jordan will call out some variation of "drive" or "shoot." It's not just LeBron. He sees fouls the officials miss, and the replays prove him right. When someone shoots, he knows immediately whether it's going in. He calls out what guys are going to do before they do it, more plugged into the flow of the game than some of the players on the court. He's answering texts, buried in his phone, when the play-by-play guy announces a LeBron jump shot. Without looking up, Jordan says, "Left?"
Old 02-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

I think the argument is silly.

Lebron challenges Kobe and MJ, just as Durant does.

But the bottom line is Jordan greatness was in his killer instinct and his unbelievable play especially in the biggest moments.

Kobe's greatness is part of Jordan's (though admittedly not to the MJ extent) and part of his longevity.

Kobe has kept up a very high level of play for a very long time which is not easy to do.

Assuming Kobe plays every game the rest of the season. I know these are IFS, but they are very realistic ones. If Kobe plays the rest of the season and say 74 games next season, he will have played in the 11th most games in NBA history.

That says a lot in my opinion. Many guys (not to Lebron's extent) come out and play amazing for 10 years, but don't have the staying power of some of the other players.

Lebron very well could 7 more seasons at a high level and be an all-time great. But he also very well might only play a few more seasons before his body starts breaking down and he can't adjust.

Those are all IFS I know, which is my point. There are several IF scenarios where Lebron becomes the best ever, or at least challenges MJ for it. But as of right now he isn't close and still falls behind Kobe.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #144 (permalink)

For anybody freaking out about MJs comments, I encourage you to actually watch the interview. He was way more coy and hesitant about giving an answer than what you would think just seeing the quote on paper. He says LBJ is the man right now, he'd take Kobe for his body of work and also says Lebron could end up with more rings when all is said and done. Just the media trying to make something out of nothing. MJ is absolutely not a Lebron "hater", just read Wilbons latest article where he mentions the fact that MJ would always text him back when he was criticizing Lebron saying to "leave the kid alone, you'll be sorry when he's kicking everyone's ass". Greatness can appreciate greatness.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
For anybody freaking out about MJs comments, I encourage you to actually watch the interview. He was way more coy and hesitant about giving an answer than what you would think just seeing the quote on paper. He says LBJ is the man right now, he'd take Kobe for his body of work and also says Lebron could end up with more rings when all is said and done. Just the media trying to make something out of nothing. MJ is absolutely not a Lebron "hater", just read Wilbons latest article where he mentions the fact that MJ would always text him back when he was criticizing Lebron saying to "leave the kid alone, you'll be sorry when he's kicking everyone's ass". Greatness can appreciate greatness.
They want to get viewership
Old 02-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #146 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
Not sure how nobody mentions that lebron's path to titles is 10 times easier now than Jordans was. Lebron left his team and joined 2 other franchise players all in their prime. Lebron has his 2 teammates starting in the all star game. He is able to get anything he wants on the court because he is on an all star team!
Jordan had Scottie Pippin for all 6 title runs and Rodman for 3. It's not as if he was surrounded by scrubs.

Quote:
If there was a last shot to take, it was not an option. It didnt matter if there were 5 guys on Jordan. The play was to Jordan and let him take over. And he carried the Bulls all those years.
That's not actually really true. One example would be Steve Kerr's game winning shot in the '97 finals, which was pre-meditated.

Quote:
Perhaps you could give us some examples of LeBron "always" doing this.
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #147 (permalink)

I just think this whole debate is silly. Lebron has now been in the league about 10 years. He might end up being better worse or the same as Kobe or MJ. But as of today, he's not as good as either for a whole body of work. Its unarguable, he hasn't played as long as them. If Lebron had a career ending injury in two years it wouldn't be possible to break some of those records the other guys had.

People also remember what's right in front of them. Right now that's Lebron. Kobe is still great but he's about 3 years out fo the end of his prime. Jordan is to some young kids as Jerry West and Wilt are to people in their 30s, a person you learn about through highlights.

Jordan went to the finals 6 times and came home with 6 rings. His career scoring is over 30 per game. He once averaged 37.1 ppoint per game shooting over 48% as a shooting guard. He also had over 6 rebounds, 5 asts and 2 steals a game (career avg). He averaged over 20 per game both years on the Wizards when he was 39 and 40. Ridiculous amount of NBA 1st teams, defensive teams, the 1st Dream Team. His playoff scoring is scary! 5 Times he averages over 35 ppg in the playoffs and in 85-86 in a 3 game series he averaged 43 ppg! He has 5 MVPs, but let's face it he was by far the best player every year after his first few and the Washington years. The killer instinct involved in his game made every other team's fan scared to death.

Only time will tell but right now, Kobe is my personal #2 (not favorite, I don't like Kobe, just 2nd best) and Lebron is nearing but not quite ahead of Magic, Bird and Olajuwon for best players I've seen. Then you have to remember the greats of the past like Wilt and Kareem... he's got some work to do.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I just think this whole debate is silly. Lebron has now been in the league about 10 years. He might end up being better worse or the same as Kobe or MJ. But as of today, he's not as good as either for a whole body of work. Its unarguable, he hasn't played as long as them. If Lebron had a career ending injury in two years it wouldn't be possible to break some of those records the other guys had.

People also remember what's right in front of them. Right now that's Lebron. Kobe is still great but he's about 3 years out fo the end of his prime. Jordan is to some young kids as Jerry West and Wilt are to people in their 30s, a person you learn about through highlights.

Jordan went to the finals 6 times and came home with 6 rings. His career scoring is over 30 per game. He once averaged 37.1 ppoint per game shooting over 48% as a shooting guard. He also had over 6 rebounds, 5 asts and 2 steals a game (career avg). He averaged over 20 per game both years on the Wizards when he was 39 and 40. Ridiculous amount of NBA 1st teams, defensive teams, the 1st Dream Team. His playoff scoring is scary! 5 Times he averages over 35 ppg in the playoffs and in 85-86 in a 3 game series he averaged 43 ppg! He has 5 MVPs, but let's face it he was by far the best player every year after his first few and the Washington years. The killer instinct involved in his game made every other team's fan scared to death.

Only time will tell but right now, Kobe is my personal #2 (not favorite, I don't like Kobe, just 2nd best) and Lebron is nearing but not quite ahead of Magic, Bird and Olajuwon for best players I've seen. Then you have to remember the greats of the past like Wilt and Kareem... he's got some work to do.
Lebron is already a HOFer at age 28, he has nothing to prove really.

He is the best currently, and has been for the past few years.

Only critics that find fault thinks he owes them something LOL
Old 02-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #149 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Lebron is already a HOFer at age 28, he has nothing to prove really.

And that is why Lebron homers are impossible.

He's got 1 championship, and played 10 years and he has nothing left to prove?

Thank god Jordan didn't feel that way and he continued to win championships even after he got his first
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
And that is why Lebron homers are impossible.

He's got 1 championship, and played 10 years and he has nothing left to prove?

Thank god Jordan didn't feel that way and he continued to win championships even after he got his first
The man was a frigen child coming into the NBA.... 18 years old!!! No experience what so ever. You can't count high school games haha. Didn't go to college to get that experience. They took the poor kid and thru him in. He's still that same kid in heart, and many people don't understand that, or just refuse to understand that. Anyway, doesn't matter he's been playing 10 years because he started waaay too early. He will be even more a beast, we shall wait and see. I call GOAT!!!!! Yes, I said it, and mark my words!

I will not go back and forth with anyone.... we WILL talk when it's all said and done. He said she said blah blah blah. He has much more to offer. I just hope he loses some weight just a little...