Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Idiotic is thinking that Lebron has to win 7 rings to be better than Jordan.

You hate Lebron because he is a threat to Kobe. Get over it! He is on pace to have a better legacy than Kobe
No he dosen't need 7 but at least 5 in total and some MUST be in a row...

Since when does 1 Championship allow ANYONE to put in the same category as the Greatest competitor thats ever lived???

Jordan TOTALLY DOMINATED Every time he got to the Finals and refused to lose.
Lebron ALREADY lost in the finals.

Any one that considers Lebron as the G.O.A.T right NOW!!! should not be allowed to enter a conversation with Adults....
He has a looooong way to go before he's even in the same league as Kobe.
Forget about Jordan....

Lebron IS the best player in the league right now, i agree...

IF and when he surpasses Kobe, then i'll say we can have a look at what he's done to better MJ....
I wish him luck.....
3 peat + 3 peat.....Jordan's legacy won't be in jeopardy.

Sportsitupcards, i'll create a thread for children, so you can be considered the G.O.A.T in that thread....
Hegotgame15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #177 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosieDively View Post
Why does it matter what MJ thinks of Kobe vs Lebron? I think it is stupid for him to come out and say he would pick one over the other.
Advertising hype so people would watch the interview

Its not as bad as they make it out to be though

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
If he stayed they would say "Oh he's no good because he cant win a ring"
When he moved "Oh hes no good because he teamed up with Wade and Bosh"

How can he win when people don't appreciate how he plays on the court?

People need to watch basketball and quit with the politics of it.

If Lebron were to score 100 pts in a game, they would say "Oh Wilt did it first" lol

Cant win the argument when people are blinded by hate
Some people are going to hate no matter what. I'm not one for playing that game. I think LeBron is the best player right now, but I think he might have won a ring if he stayed in Cleveland. I mean Boston and Orlando are both on the decline and Miami would have Wade and Bosh but not LeBron, so they would only be above average. Who would stand in their way in the East?
Old 02-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #179 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kards View Post
Some people are going to hate no matter what. I'm not one for playing that game. I think LeBron is the best player right now, but I think he might have won a ring if he stayed in Cleveland. I mean Boston and Orlando are both on the decline and Miami would have Wade and Bosh but not LeBron, so they would only be above average. Who would stand in their way in the East?
Knicks, Bulls, Pacers

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Lebron is already a HOFer at age 28, he has nothing to prove really.

He is the best currently, and has been for the past few years.

Only critics that find fault thinks he owes them something LOL
Your right, he doesn't have anything to prove, if he stopped now he'd be a great player and would have had a great career. Just not the best of all time or near the top, that's all. If he wants that title he has to do more and win more.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Knicks, Bulls, Pacers
Knicks weren't good until this year plus they aren't playing as well as they were in the beginning of the year. The Bulls have missed D-Rose all of this year and a good portion of last year. The year Rose won the MVP could have been a challange but LeBron plays well against Rose. Indiana has a good team but I would still take Cleveland with LeBron in series against them.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #182 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotgame15 View Post
No he dosen't need 7 but at least 5 in total and some MUST be in a row...

Since when does 1 Championship allow ANYONE to put in the same category as the Greatest competitor thats ever lived???

Jordan TOTALLY DOMINATED Every time he got to the Finals and refused to lose.
Lebron ALREADY lost in the finals.

Any one that considers Lebron as the G.O.A.T right NOW!!! should not be allowed to enter a conversation with Adults....
He has a looooong way to go before he's even in the same league as Kobe.
Forget about Jordan....

Lebron IS the best player in the league right now, i agree...

IF and when he surpasses Kobe, then i'll say we can have a look at what he's done to better MJ....
I wish him luck.....
3 peat + 3 peat.....Jordan's legacy won't be in jeopardy.

Sportsitupcards, i'll create a thread for children, so you can be considered the G.O.A.T in that thread....
how was jordans 'refuse to lose' when he exited the first round???? lol
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
how was jordans 'refuse to lose' when he exited the first round???? lol
I said Finals, thats how....

Finals....
Not Playoffs.

Do you really want to bring up Playoff records???

Look, Lebron is a machine, no doubt he will be one of the better players to play the game, but seriously he has soooooo much to do its unfair on Lebron himself to compare him to MJ this early in his career....

I will admit this, MJ vs Lebron one on one, MJ would struggle, Lebron can back him down all day long....Lebron is way to strong for MJ, MJ has to blow past Lebron or fadeaway to score.
Which is easyer.....
Lebron should win.

I hated Lebron and Kobe for years, the reason is, i didn't watch them enough and was always comparing them to MJ and not judging them on their own game.

I have a huge amount of respect for these guy's and i think the best is yet to come from Lebron and Kobe has done enough to be considered as a top 5 player of all time....

Last edited by Hegotgame15; 02-17-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Hegotgame15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #184 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
how was jordans 'refuse to lose' when he exited the first round???? Lol
didn't it take him (and pippen) 6 years to get to the finals. What about all those times he got his azz kicked by the pistons.

I guess he just hadn't developed his "refuse to lose" until 6 years into his career.....

Or maybe it had more to do with pippen

AGAIN GIVE JORDAN BOOBIE GIBSON , DELONTE WEST AND ZADRUNAS AND SEE IF HE HAD THE REFUSE TO LOSE IN THE FINALS. LOL
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #185 (permalink)

I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown up more. If one of the two pass Jordan as GOAT it will be Lebron. I don't see Kobe winning more than Jordan's six championships and on three of teams he was second fiddle and not the franchise guy.

If Lebron can we win four or more finals and be MVP each time he will be right there beside Jordan and then we can really have a debate where both sides have valid points.

Last edited by bdoody42; 02-17-2013 at 04:08 AM.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #186 (permalink)

Thread = Homers central lmao
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #187 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
Thread = Homers central lmao
10000% agree. If I got selectively choose certain criterias to nominate a player as best, I could easily make any decent player look good. Coke bottling stats will get you that result.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #188 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
10000% agree. If I got selectively choose certain criterias to nominate a player as best, I could easily make any decent player look good. Coke bottling stats will get you that result.
The funny thing is, that as a Kobe fan, I have no problem saying Lebron is the best in the game right now. I have no problem saying if he keeps this up for 3 or 4 more seasons at this level he will likely pass Kobe.

But Lebron fans refuse to admit that as a whole, right now Kobe is ahead of Lebron
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #189 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
The funny thing is, that as a Kobe fan, I have no problem saying Lebron is the best in the game right now. I have no problem saying if he keeps this up for 3 or 4 more seasons at this level he will likely pass Kobe.

But Lebron fans refuse to admit that as a whole, right now Kobe is ahead of Lebron
The issues lies with homers who wish to give their favourite player all the accolades before they earn them. They want GIVE him 7 rings eventhough he hasnt earned it. They want to give him 10 scoring titles eventhough he hasnt earned it yet. They want push him to the top of the GOAT list before he even earns it. THats the issue. Not one person is saying he wont get there. Alll they are saying is, HE ISNT there yet.

When Lebron loses, its not his fault. Its his team and how he doesnt have anyone. If lebron wins, its all because of him and no one else. Lebron the prodigal son can never do wrong. He doesnt lose. He only wins. If he doesnt win, its because someone else failed. Lebron DOES NOT FAIL. Other people fail, he wins. Like I said coke bottle glasses!

Rings mean nothing because lebron has 1. If he had 7 they would mean everything.
MVPS mean a ton because Lebron has more than Kobe. If lebron didnt have any, it would mean nothing.
Regular season wins means a ton because Lebron has a lot of regular season wins. But if he didnt, it doesnt mean anything.

Again Coke bottling. Only where Lebron excels is that considered to determine greatness. If he doesnt excel at it, its meaningless.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #190 (permalink)
Banned

I think it stems from Kobe and Lebron being polar opposite players. Most people don't like both.

Kobe is super serious and competitive
Lebron is more laid back and more of an entertainer

Kobe is more reserved with being in the public eye
Lebron tends to thrive on it

Kobe wants the best out of his team even if it means being a jerk to everyone
Lebron wants to be everyone's friend

I'm not saying one way is better than the other, just that most of the qualities I admire in Kobe are the reason I don't like Lebron, and I'm sure most of the qualities people admire in Lebron are the reason they don't like Kobe.

It's really almost an issue of old school/new school. There are many more players in the league with the Lebron type personality right now than there were 12 years ago. So it's a matter of whether you prefer the game how it was in the 90's, early 2000's or in its present form
Old 02-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #191 (permalink)

The fans of each player change the criteria to whatever makes there player seem better. If people could just use some common sense a lot of these threads would be more productive.

I think Jordan,James, and Kobe are all amazing players but none are close to being one of my favorite players.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #192 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
funny says the guy who has tried to say kobe is the GOAT
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #193 (permalink)
Banned

Murrke is in rare form today!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
didn't it take him (and pippen) 6 years to get to the finals. What about all those times he got his azz kicked by the pistons.

I guess he just hadn't developed his "refuse to lose" until 6 years into his career.....

Or maybe it had more to do with pippen

AGAIN GIVE JORDAN BOOBIE GIBSON , DELONTE WEST AND ZADRUNAS AND SEE IF HE HAD THE REFUSE TO LOSE IN THE FINALS. LOL
by that same token, didn't it only take him 6 years to get a ring? then 7 to get 2 rings? then only 8 to get 3 rings????

How long has lebron been in the league? You want to talk about how being able to come out of high school only adds to greatness, and tristan wants to talk about how he has accomplished so many more things than jordan by a certain age. When quoting you about the 6 years to get to the finals, here's some other things that nobody can argue

Jordan NEVER lost in the finals.....FACT
Jordan had 3 rings after 8 years in the league......FACT
It took lebron 9 to get his first...........FACT

In the words of Michael, Last time I checked 3 is better than 1.....FACT
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #195 (permalink)
Banned

I dont like this comical fact that gets thrown around about "Never losing in the finals"

Any great champion will tell you that "losing" is what cultures them the most when it comes to winning. Losing is apart of the game. It happens. If anything it makes the player stronger and eager. Im sorry but its apart of the game and every player goes through it.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 AM   #196 (permalink)

Anyone who says Kobe or Lebron are currently the goat right now isn't very credible on the subject. People need to wait... Especially with Lebron. He probably has another 10 years of playing. We don't know what will happen in those years.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Anyone who says Kobe or Lebron are currently the goat right now isn't very credible on the subject. People need to wait... Especially with Lebron. He probably has another 10 years of playing. We don't know what will happen in those years.
I will not say if Kobe is better than Lebron or not, but Last night clearly showed us that Lebron isnt that good. As I was constantly saying on this forum, his game is very predictable, he has 2-3 go to moves. As Jordan pointed out, If you force him left he goes for the jumpshot, if you force him right, he drives the ball. Kobe has ALOT more offensive weapons than that.

Those 2-3 offensive weapons were also newly developed by learning from Hakeem, and once defenders learn that, he will once again shoot bricks. As we clearly saw last night Kobe knew exactly where Lebron was going to shoot the ball, even though he tried to fake him.

Lebron is 28 years old, he doesnt have another 10 years, more like 4-5 more years. His game depends alot on his athleticism, strength, and size.... so once he hits the 30 mark, unless he develops more offensive weapons, his performance will drop like a hot cake.

Lebron may be the better overall player, but 4th q, 1 minute left you still go to Kobe.. or Wade
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
I will not say if Kobe is better than Lebron or not, but Last night clearly showed us that Lebron isnt that good. As I was constantly saying on this forum, his game is very predictable, he has 2-3 go to moves. As Jordan pointed out, If you force him left he goes for the jumpshot, if you force him right, he drives the ball. Kobe has ALOT more offensive weapons than that.

Those 2-3 offensive weapons were also newly developed by learning from Hakeem, and once defenders learn that, he will once again shoot bricks. As we clearly saw last night Kobe knew exactly where Lebron was going to shoot the ball, even though he tried to fake him.

Lebron is 28 years old, he doesnt have another 10 years, more like 4-5 more years. His game depends alot on his athleticism, strength, and size.... so once he hits the 30 mark, unless he develops more offensive weapons, his performance will drop like a hot cake.

Lebron may be the better overall player, but 4th q, 1 minute left you still go to Kobe.. or Wade
Wait, you mean last night like in the All Star game? You are critiquing him in an All Star game?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
and when lebron backs his azz down what is he gonna do? 1 on 1 we are talking

It doesnt matter if Lebron backs MJ or Kobe down with that big azz, he still has to go right of left at some point to release the ball. If Kobe can make a fool out of Lebron, he wouldnt stand a chance with MJ.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Wait, you mean last night like in the All Star game? You are critiquing him in an All Star game?
They were both going at it as competitors. And no, not just last nights game. Last years playoffs, I still stand by what I always say. It was 50-50 Lebron and Wade input that got them that ring. Kobe won ring without Shaq at Lakers.