Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus_86 View Post
hypocrisy at it's finest…smh
Another fan who knows exactly what's going on here but is just trying so hard to pretend....

Wow I haven't seen you around in a while!!! Funny how you come out of no where. Wow! smh

So when you and your friends list a $400 Jordan autographed card, and post a $15,000.00 BIN, is that ok with you?

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
Old 02-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Ex-WHAT!?....

If Jabbar don't have any logos, let's take a look at this one numbered to 3!

07 08 UD Exquisite Collection Kareem Abdul Jabbar Auto Quad Patch 3 3 | eBay

The Silhouettes Prime/5 which is 2 more copies, has sold for more!
Lol...obviously the silhouette would sell for more than that particular card. But a Kareem logo would sell for more...jumbo patches...Exquisite is just more popular and better looking to most. For that reason...silos will never pass them in value. However I do think silos are the nicest thing Panini has produced...and I have picked up a few primes. (The jersey versions do nothing for me). Just my opinion and I own one of the five Kareem silos!! Graded 9.5!

The Thurmond is yours and you can list it for what you like. You obviously don't want to sell it which is great! IMO it is a $600-750 card on the open market.

Last edited by Nsingerma11; 02-22-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #53 (permalink)
bmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3sT View Post
I rather buy your Steph Curry Silhouttes patch auto /25 than this 1/1 of forgettable legend.

this listing is a joke.
"forgettable legend"? ROFL! Is T3sT some kind of code for dumber than dirt? Who are the top 50 players in Boogor?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #54 (permalink)
bmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsingerma11 View Post
Lol...obviously the silhouette would sell for more than that particular card. But a Kareem logo would sell for more...jumbo patches...Exquisite is just more popular and better looking to most. For that reason...silos will never pass them in value. However I do think silos are the nicest thing Panini has produced...and I have picked up a few primes. (The jersey versions do nothing for me). Just my opinion and I own one of the five Kareem silos!! Graded 9.5!

The Thurmond is yours and you can list it for what you like. You obviously don't want to sell it which is great! IMO it is a $600-750 card on the open market.
I bet those Kareems are sweet.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf View Post
"forgettable legend"? ROFL! Is T3sT some kind of code for dumber than dirt? Who are the top 50 players in Boogor?
lol do you have a bad day??
Old 02-22-2013, 02:48 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsingerma11 View Post
Well, I wouldn't say that I will never sell it... because I am going for the jersey version set, and actually pretty close to completing it.

I'm sorry, but your opinion is very wrong, because I paid a lot more than that!

Let's see how it goes...

Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #57 (permalink)
bmf

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't say that I will never sell it... because I am going for the jersey version set, and actually pretty close to completing it.

Let's see how it goes...
Just because you paid a lot more than $600-750 (which is hard to believe, no offense) doesn't mean it is worth that now. That's not how it works. I was thinking somewhere in the $500 range so I actually thought Nsingerma11's estimate was rather kind. It's a nice card but $10k is somewhere between fantasy and delusion imho. No disrespect intended, the bin just seems crazy high. But I do wish you good luck with it!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #58 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Very Nice card bro!....I'm gonna list my Kareem for $20,000 OBO!..

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #59 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

Let's see how it goes...

One thinks they are not the last stupid person on earth when they try to flip, you will see that the buck stops with you....no disrespect
Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #60 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricInCT View Post
One thinks they are not the last stupid person on earth when they try to flip, you will see that the buck stops with you....no disrespect
I can see that 1of1 going for more than $600-$750 easily!....He already got an $800 offer!...Cant you read?....No disrespect!...

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
All kidding aside, a 1/1 from this set, especially of Thurmond, should go for a lot.
Your new avatar pic is sweet... I am a nick collison fan.

Cool Thurmond card.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
I can see that 1of1 going for more than $600-$750 easily!....He already got an $800 offer!...Cant you read?....No disrespect!...
i would have taken the $800 offer and ran, but if you have more than that into it Gio, then that's on you...

I honestly think anything more than $1000 would be a stretch for it in the open market... that's just my opinion, no disrespect.

i even got an $500 offer for my Steph Curry, but i didn't want to deal with the headache of shipping it overseas...
Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #63 (permalink)
bmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
i would have taken the $800 offer and ran
Without a doubt.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you my friend, I really appreciate that. Plus, the person who offered $800 still has an offer left to make.... They don't know what they're talking about, it's just hate that makes them speak.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
For those of us who attended school past 5th grade might observe him saying "I PAID A LOT MORE THAN THAT" (Referring to the $750 price tag). Since he never defined "A LOT MORE" my guess his he paid more than 800.

so for you saying "I can see that selling for $600 easily!" you look like the one who can't read, no disrespect.

My guess is he is losing 100+ after taxes if he sells it on the bay.

though it is refreshing to know "I am looking for a price that is close to the BIN of $10K" (per his response to the inquiry of what price he would take for it in the listing) that he will be adding it to his collection, forever.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Very Nice card bro!....I'm gonna list my Kareem for $20,000 OBO!..

Thanks!

Do it!!! Because you may have gotten it for a steal of a price doesn't mean there aren't pleanty of "crazy" collectors out there who have tons of money!!! Plus they may have not seen it when it was up... Especially when there aren't many views on the listing. Go for it! After all, it is VERY limited...

Very nice cards man, but that Silhouettes is the best of course, thus why you have it in the middle

Last edited by SportsItUpCards; 02-22-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
The thing is, there's a Thurmond collector, so he and Gio were probably the ones who drove the price up of the original, and he is probably the one who made the $800 offer. I would be quite confident that if on an open auction and it wasn't shilled, that it would not reach that level.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
The thing is, there's a Thurmond collector, so he and Gio were probably the ones who drove the price up of the original, and he is probably the one who made the $800 offer. I would be quite confident that if on an open auction and it wasn't shilled, that it would not reach that level.
Correction... the Nate Thurmond collector probably didn't even have a chance to see it! There were very few views, I think about 20 or less, while my listing now already has over 800! It's a 1/1 so I don't think anyone can put a price on it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the Thurmond collector wasn't the one who offered the $800. There was another Thurmond collector who offered $400, which was auto declined. But I think there might be at least 3 Thurmond collectors believe it or not. The person who offered $800 still has an offer left to make. But thank you for your concern on my listing though.

Last edited by SportsItUpCards; 02-22-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Correction... the Nate Thurmond collector probably didn't even have a chance to see it! There were very few views, I think about 20 or less, while my listing now already has over 800! It's a 1/1 so I don't think anyone can put a price on it.
Your listing probably has so many views because people are wondering what on earth would justify that kind of price tag... so that's not really a useful stat to throw out there...
Old 02-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Your listing probably has so many views because people are wondering what on earth would justify that kind of price tag... so that's not really a useful stat to throw out there...
Well, wouldn't people have to actually be searching for Silhouettes in order to come across my listing? I would imagine so!

Btw, just a friendly reminder.... if you are trying hard to stir things up here as you usually do, please don't do it. It was very quiet the past few days that you were suspended.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, wouldn't people have to actually be searching for Silhouettes in order to come across my listing? I would imagine so!

Btw, just a friendly reminder.... if you are trying hard to stir things up here as you usually do, please don't do it. It was very quiet the past few days that you were suspended.
Firstly, I was suspended for ONE day because I swore at a stalker.
Secondly, I am not trying to stir anything up, I am just trying to look at this logically - offering suggestions as to why the numbers may appear to be what they are. I haven't criticized you or the card, so I'm not sure why you're getting all defensive.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
I haven't criticized you or the card, so I'm not sure why you're getting all defensive.
Thus why I said a "friendly reminder"..... and because I already know your ways around here. I know that you can't stay civil for long, and it's just a matter of time that you resort to name calling and all the works. So I was giving you a freidnly reminder, and reminding you on how you just came back from suspension!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #73 (permalink)

We will never know the true value of the card unless it is put up for auction being there is only one, but I do know this... It would not bring more than $1000.00.

And I can promise you that 99.9% of this board would agree with me on that
Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Thus why I said a "friendly reminder"..... and because I already know your ways around here. I know that you can't stay civil for long, and it's just a matter of time that you resort to name calling and all the works. So I was giving you a freidnly reminder, and reminding you on how you just came back from suspension!
"Friendly reminders" don't need backhanded jabs either... if anything you're the one trying to cause trouble with your posts, but I don't care either way so that'll be it from me on this thread.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

i would pay like 2k maybe more for this card. its pretty sweet being a 1/1 silhouette.
Closed Thread