Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #101 (permalink)

is this real life?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #102 (permalink)
bmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
the offer can't be legit. whose id did you use to pump up your own auction Gio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus_86 View Post
It just doesn't get any lower then giving yourself fake offers....smh
Sorry to ask, but is this true?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #103 (permalink)

C'mon guys. give him a break. after all it was his card. and can sell all the way he wants.

but 3k is completely absurd imo. i just wanna ask if u had that card for less that 1k. then 3k will be an awesome offer to refuse then. I can only see the worthy and love 1/1 clocking near that amount.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #104 (permalink)

I would have taken $3000 and ran, but at the end of the day it's his card to sell. Set collectors can go crazy for a 1/1.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightCash View Post
I would have taken $3000 and ran, but at the end of the day it's his card to sell. Set collectors can go crazy for a 1/1.
Exactly! And that is the point! They can go for these amounts! But Gio will only concede that when it comes to a card HE likes!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #106 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
He never got offered $3000 though, that was just to hype his auction
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmf View Post
Sorry to ask, but is this true?
You just have to ask yourself, do you really believe someone would offer $3k on a $600 card? And do you really believe the seller would turn it down?

It's pretty obvious that the seller just wanted to create fake hype for his auction, just so a legit buyer would be dumb enough to make a higher offer on a $600 card. I mean, it's kinda convenient how we are unable to see the ebay user id name of the person who sent the offer, isn't it?

Oh, but it's Silhouettes, the greatest cards that have ever existed, so it all must be legit smh
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you my friend, I appreciate that. I will not answer to the conspiracy theories, because these people are just mad that I spoke out against sellers for shilling... and just so happened to be cards they collect, or used to collect, and they're still soar about my opinions, and catching people in the act. Not to mention that every single one of the negative comments came from the usal "fans" and trolls.

I have reported their lies and conspiracy theories, so I will let that take it's course.... no need in responding to the usual fans and trolls. They will be banned soon enough for their lies and their bs they pull here on the forums. They all have agendas, and they all follow me around because they think i'm amazing! It's not many though. This forum is built on 1,000's of users, so these few trouble makers do not make up this forum, no where close! We all know who the resident trolls are....... same people who posted in old threads about shilling, which those threads still exist! And the newer members that know waaaay too much, cause they've been here, were banned, and now are back smh they're fooling no one. Anyway, let the mods deal with them, as they keep having to suspend them, until one day they get banned for the continued crap!

I agree that set collectors can go crazy over cards like this. This is not just a 1/1 card, but it is part of a popular set! Not only that, but most cards in the set are numbered to 25! So when you have a 1/1 that is part of a set, the prices can go in any direction depending on who sees it. Since I am in no hurry to sell, I will wait for higher offers, because I know this set will only gain interest, especially with every year's new release.

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #109 (permalink)
bmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
He never got offered $3000 though, that was just to hype his auction
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus_86 View Post
It's pretty obvious that the seller just wanted to create fake hype for his auction, just so a legit buyer would be dumb enough to make a higher offer on a $600 card. I mean, it's kinda convenient how we are unable to see the ebay user id name of the person who sent the offer, isn't it?
Wow, that is just pathetic. I guess some sellers will do anything for a quick buck.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #110 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to boombaby_rm31

maybe someone is completing the set?

@boombaby_rm31
Old 02-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #111 (permalink)
Banned

My question is since this is a 1/1 what did they do with the rest of the jersey they but the piece out of.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
My question is since this is a 1/1 what did they do with the rest of the jersey they but the piece out of.
its coming in future releases..
the have a partially cut up thurmond, they will use for the next few years in other patch/jersey sets..

i collect basketball patch cards..
Old 02-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombaby_rm31 View Post
There may be more people going for the set than we think. I keep learning of new people chasing the set, when I never even knew about them... they know how to keep it on the down low. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more set collectors than cards! The good names are very low numbered, like Kobe/10, Durant/10.... there may just be more collectors than cards to go around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Well, they do what every other card company does.... they put it in the freezer They may use the jersey till there's no jersey left, or they may even save some for the far future. I know Topps has a memorabilia room where they keep everything in there, there's a video about it on youtube. I think it's called something like "Topps Vault Room" or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaw1970 View Post
its coming in future releases..
the have a partially cut up thurmond, they will use for the next few years in other patch/jersey sets..
You are correct! But let's not forget, there can only be ONE 1/1 2011-12 Silhouettes!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #114 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
lol... thanks bud!

I really wished I could have added a higher price, but ebay will only allow up to $10,000.00 when using the immadiate payment option if BIN was hit....

Two offers, 99 cents and $500 auto declined.

Best, BEST cards on planet earth!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I said so! Hey, and the price!!!!!!

These are real cool...... I just hope it goes to a good home.
I think it'll stay in your home so hopefully you have a good one haha. Nice card
Old 02-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
I think it'll stay in your home so hopefully you have a good one haha. Nice card
HAHA.... thanks!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #116 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombaby_rm31 View Post
Well that's what he's banking on, but considering you can plenty of Thurmond autos for under $7 it's just not THAT expensive of a card.

Look at this one

Nate Thurmond 2012 13 Contenders Substantial Signatures Patch Auto 2 10 Card 71 | eBay

Yes it's a sticker auto
Yes it's /10
yes it's not a jumbo patch

But it is a Thurmond auto
It is a very nice patch
It is pretty rare at /10

But it only went for $77.

You can't tell me that because there's 9 less copies, a bigger patch and an on card auto that it turns a $77 card into a $5,000 card.

David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwon (whose autos you CAN'T find for under $7) have silhouettes /5 that sold for under $700. That's all you need to know
Old 02-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Well that's what he's banking on, but considering you can plenty of Thurmond autos for under $7 it's just not THAT expensive of a card.

Look at this one

Nate Thurmond 2012 13 Contenders Substantial Signatures Patch Auto 2 10 Card 71 | eBay

Yes it's a sticker auto
Yes it's /10

It is a very nice patch
It is pretty rare at /10

You can't tell me that because there's 9 less copies, a bigger patch and an on card auto that it turns a $77 card into a $5,000 card.

David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwon (whose autos you CAN'T find for under $7) have silhouettes /5 that sold for under $700. That's all you need to know
Best post in this thread. I don't blame him for pumping the card up beyond it's realistic value. But to expect people to believe he turned down a 3k offer on it is just stupid. There are no rabid collectors foaming at the mouth to complete this set. I have been in this game too long and have seen it all come and go. That is not a 3k card.. It's not a 2k card... On it's best day, BEST DAY, it's 1000-1200. I would also bet he didn't spend over 800 on it. Probably a lot less than that.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #118 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

LOL....Saying the card is only worth $600 is absurd....How long have you guys been collecting for???....This card is a 1 of 1 so you cant really put a price on it...You guys are just hating and its totally obvious!...Grow up guys!

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Old 02-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #119 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

Look at this one

Yes it's a sticker auto
Yes it's /10

It is a very nice patch
It is pretty rare at /10

You can also get a Kobe like that for less than $300...But guess what his Silhos are going for?......And Kobes Silhos are #d to 10 i think...This is a 1of1 so skies the limit!....

Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
You can also get a Kobe like that for less than $300...But guess what his Silhos are going for?......And Kobes Silhos are #d to 10 i think...This is a 1of1 so skies the limit!....

You can get a Kobe like what?

and 1 of 1 or not, you can't compare Kobe to Thurmond when you can get Thurmand autos for $2 and cheap Kobe autos go for over $100
Old 02-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #121 (permalink)

well when they put out another thurmond 1/1 silo this year, even if it's worth 3000 now (IF) then it sure as heck won't be if another once comes on the market. I see the only real value in this card being that it's possibly the best Thurmond you could have for a 50 greatest set. That could be a very high value for someone really into getting the best cards possible for a 50 greatest set. But lets be real, that value is probably somewhere around 1000 or possibly quite less.

and gio, on the auction...actually on second thought i think the other member had it right -
Old 02-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #122 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

and 1 of 1 or not, you can't compare Kobe to Thurmond when you can get Thurmand autos for $2 and cheap Kobe autos go for over $100
You can get a Kobe sticker auto patch #d to 10 for around $300 or less...And please quit trying to say you know exactly what a 1 of 1 card will go for because you dont!......

Old 02-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #123 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:

You can get a Worthy auto for under $15 bucks!...But guess what his Silho 1 of 1 would go for?....I'll be waiting for your answer!...

Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #124 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You can get a Kobe sticker auto patch #d to 10 for around $300 or less...And please quit trying to say you know exactly what a 1 of 1 card will go for because you dont!......
Ok, so let's say you can get one for $250. What do Kobe patch silhouettes sell for?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
forgiven1, i mean ahem, Gio is that you? is this one of the many aliases you have? hahaha
Closed Thread