Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
LOL....Saying the card is only worth $600 is absurd....How long have you guys been collecting for???....This card is a 1 of 1 so you cant really put a price on it...You guys are just hating and its totally obvious!...Grow up guys!
I can show you dozens of 1/1 patch auto sales from superstars, which Thurmond is not by hobby standards, that sell for way under 1K. This set is simply not as historic as he makes it seem either. I see plenty of big name sillhouette cards sell for very average prices.

Yes, it's worth what someone will pay for it blah blah blah we all get that. It's very interesting that he won't say what HE PAID for the card. He knows once he lets that cat out of the bag, it's all over.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
forgiven1, i mean ahem, Gio is that you? is this one of the many aliases you have? hahaha
LOL...coming from a guy who lists his cards as 1of1's when they are not...Keyword spam much??....LMFAO!....

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
We all know who the resident trolls are....... same people who posted in old threads about shilling, which those threads still exist! And the newer members that know waaaay too much, cause they've been here, were banned, and now are back smh they're fooling no one. Anyway, let the mods deal with them, as they keep having to suspend them, until one day they get banned for the continued crap!
Would you like to explain why you were banned from Hobby Kings 3 times then? Seems like you've been accused of this a couple times in different threads, yet you keep avoiding the obvious.

Quick to point out my 3 day suspension (it had nothing to do with you), yet you are known to have been suspended from another site several times yourself. it wouldn't surprise me if you have been suspended before from here as well...

Don't act like your Sh!t don't stink Gio and don't go around here thinking you haven't ever done anything to get you suspended as well...

Like I said I've dealt with plenty of people on here as i have been a member for less than a year and you by far are the biggest joke on this forum. No one cares that you want to play "pretend moderator" on here... now go run and tell your mommy that other board members are picking on you and it's not fair you sad little child

Non-payers for group breaks: Elkyjnr, ybomber, ninjacookies, xkclarkx21, 23bulls2014
Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
I can show you dozens of 1/1 patch auto sales from superstars, which Thurmond is not by hobby standards, that sell for way under 1K. This set is simply not as historic as he makes it seem either. I see plenty of big name sillhouette cards sell for very average prices.

Yes, it's worth what someone will pay for it blah blah blah we all get that. It's very interesting that he won't say what HE PAID for the card. He knows once he lets that cat out of the bag, it's all over.
Really...Silhouettes?....I dont think so!....Show me I'll be waiting...

Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Would you like to explain why you were banned from Hobby Kings 3 times then? Seems like you've been accused of this a couple times in different threads, yet you keep avoiding the obvious.

Quick to point out my 3 day suspension (it had nothing to do with you), yet you are known to have been suspended from another site several times yourself. it wouldn't surprise me if you have been suspended before from here as well...

Don't act like your Sh!t don't stink Gio and don't go around here thinking you haven't ever done anything to get you suspended as well...

Like I said I've dealt with plenty of people on here as i have been a member for less than a year and you by far are the biggest joke on this forum. No one cares that you want to play "pretend moderator" on here... now go run and tell your mommy that other board members are picking on you and it's not fair you sad little child
Grow up dude..You sound like a child!...Dont you have anything better to do with your time..Like keyword spam your auctions!...LOL..

Old 02-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #131 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post

I mean I know it's a 1/1 so it COULD be worth a good amount, but the fact is, a 1/1 isn't that much more rare than a 1/5 or a 1/10. Both a pretty tough to find and both command a premium when they pop up because you never know where the other 4 are or if they will ever come up again.

So like I said, a Robinson silhouette which there are none of on ebay right now and only one is past sales was put via an AUCTION, not a BIN and sold for $689.

Now as I mentioned, Thurmond autos can easily be had for under $7 and Robinson autos are tough to find for under $35.

You just can't convince me that a Thurmond silhouette 1/1 is worth 7 or 8 times more than a Robinson /5
Old 02-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL...coming from a guy who lists his cards as 1of1's when they are not...Keyword spam much??....LMFAO!....
look Gio, I know it's hard to retain yourself from posting under multiple names, but wouldn't it be easier to just post under your main sportsitupcards id versus the many others? that way we can see the scammer that you really are sir.

Non-payers for group breaks: Elkyjnr, ybomber, ninjacookies, xkclarkx21, 23bulls2014
Old 02-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #133 (permalink)

I don't see anyone going close to paying 3K for this card. Set collector or player collector..that's just crazy. There are much better cards to spend 3k on.

I think Panini got it wrong on this set for making Thurmond a 1/1 chase. Now, a Kobe 1/1, an Olajuwon 1/1, a Pippen 1/1 or Stockton 1/1 I would probably drop 3K on.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
I mean I know it's a 1/1 so it COULD be worth a good amount, but the fact is, a 1/1 isn't that much more rare than a 1/5 or a 1/10. Both a pretty tough to find and both command a premium when they pop up because you never know where the other 4 are or if they will ever come up again.

So like I said, a Robinson silhouette which there are none of on ebay right now and only one is past sales was put via an AUCTION, not a BIN and sold for $689.

Now as I mentioned, Thurmond autos can easily be had for under $7 and Robinson autos are tough to find for under $35.

You just can't convince me that a Thurmond silhouette 1/1 is worth 7 or 8 times more than a Robinson /5

Like I said before...You can get a Worthy auto for under $15 bucks but how much do you think his Silho 1of1 card would go for?

Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Like I said before...You can get a Worthy auto for under $15 bucks but how much do you think his Silho 1of1 card would go for?
I don't know, probably under 5 thousand though!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRozan#1Fan View Post
I don't see anyone going close to paying 3K for this card. Set collector or player collector..that's just crazy. There are much better cards to spend 3k on.

I think Panini got it wrong on this set for making Thurmond a 1/1 chase. Now, a Kobe 1/1, an Olajuwon 1/1, a Pippen 1/1 or Stockton 1/1 I would probably drop 3K on.
Good luck on getting a Kobe #d to 10 for $3k..I cant find anyone selling one....A KOBE 1/1 would go for an Insane price!...

P.s....Did you see the Stockton on ebay right now...SIck Sick patch!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't know, probably under 5 thousand though!
I would hope so...Because I'm trying to get it...LOL...

Old 02-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Good luck on getting a Kobe #d to 10 for $3k..I cant find anyone selling one....A KOBE 1/1 would go for an Insane price!...

P.s....Did you see the Stockton on ebay right now...SIck Sick patch!
Very sick patch and in my opinion way more desirable than the Thurmond!

Yet, it has a BIN at $2000 (with free shipping not $100 shipping mind you) that hasn't been hit yet.

If this hasn't sold yet for $2000 there's no way Thurmond got an offer of $3000.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #139 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I would hope so...Because I'm trying to get it...LOL...
So you're agreeing that the Thurmond is not a $3000 card or even a $2000 card?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
look Gio, I know it's hard to retain yourself from posting under multiple names, but wouldn't it be easier to just post under your main sportsitupcards id versus the many others? that way we can see the scammer that you really are sir.
LOL...A keyword spammer calling me a scammer!...LOL...There is proof on Ebay right now that you are a Keyword spammer...There is no proof anywhere that I am a scammer...I dont even sell cards!....Nice try though spammer!....

Old 02-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #141 (permalink)

Thank you! This small few are just full of hate, and have had their feelings hurt before, because of my opinions on cards they collect, or once collected...... smh They're too biased to make a normal post, hate is just too strong. But we all know who they are, and what they do around here.

Quote:
LOL....Saying the card is only worth $600 is absurd....How long have you guys been collecting for???....This card is a 1 of 1 so you cant really put a price on it...You guys are just hating and its totally obvious!...Grow up guys!
Exactly! I was probably collecting cards while they were still swimming around..... they obviously don't know the first thing about collecting cards. Or the second thing, or the third...... smh just fans that have nothing better to do. I mean, we all see who they are.... the usuals. All the ones that have had their feelings hurt before, so they're all just throwing their bias hate around. Smh

Quote:
You can also get a Kobe like that for less than $300...But guess what his Silhos are going for?......And Kobes Silhos are #d to 10 i think...This is a 1of1 so skies the limit!....
EXACTLY!!! Plus the 1/1 factor, which they just don't want to understand because the hate is too strong, so they'll continue to throw their bias hate around because their feelings are hurt for one reason or the other. Or just pure hate. What else is new.

Quote:
You can get a Kobe sticker auto patch #d to 10 for around $300 or less...And please quit trying to say you know exactly what a 1 of 1 card will go for because you dont!......
This person is cleary a trolling trouble maker that has an agenda with me, as the rest of the trolls...... nothing to see here. Now he wants to say he knows what a 1/1 will sell for! SMH....

Quote:
You can get a Worthy auto for under $15 bucks!...But guess what his Silho 1 of 1 would go for?....I'll be waiting for your answer!...
Dude, you speak the truth! Not jusy saying that because it's my card.... you obviously know your cards, and follow them! Because you are correct about Worthy's autos selling for dirt cheap, but yet his 1/1 Silhouettes Prime was pulled from auction and the highest bids were over $2,000.00!! Two different bidders... in the first couple od days. How much would have it gone for if left alone till the end? A lot! There is no answer for people like this, their hate is too strong. They're just here to stir things up, as usual.... nothing to see.

Quote:
He keyword spams!? SMFH......... doesn't surprise me at all.

Quote:
Grow up dude..You sound like a child!...Dont you have anything better to do with your time..Like keyword spam your auctions!...LOL..
He IS a child! With nothing better to do.... smh my kids have sense than this person! His hate is just too strong, he can not help himself. Comes back from a suspenssion and right back at it! I guess he really doesn't care to be on this forum. smh

Quote:
Dude, it is NOT worth it.... he will not tell you when he's wrong. His hate is just too strong... don't be fooled by this one, or the rest of them. We all know who the resident trouble makers are. They come here to stir things up, and to make things about them like usual, they're not here for the love of the sport and cards, like we do. They're here for all the wrong reasons, and something should be done about them. Forget suspessions, they should be banned, and that's it, the forum would be a much better place!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL...A keyword spammer calling me a scammer!...LOL...There is proof on Ebay right now that you are a Keyword spammer...There is no proof anywhere that I am a scammer...I dont even sell cards!....Nice try though spammer!....
is that the best you can come up with? lol

Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #143 (permalink)

Quote:
So you're agreeing that the Thurmond is not a $3000 card or even a $2000 card?
The truth is i dont know what the card would go for?...I never said the card would go for over $3k....I simply said that i could see this card go for over $600-$750 since it is a 1of1....It would be foolish of me to say this card would only sell for $600...I've been in this card game long enough to not say something so foolish!....

Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
is that the best you can come up with? lol
Hey its the truth...You are a keyword spammer and its proven...I'm not gonna sit here and make things up about you like you are doing to me...I dont even know you!.....I'm just keeping it real!...

Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
The truth is i dont know what the card would go for?...I never said the card would go for over $3k....I simply said that i could see this card go for over $600-$750 since it is a 1of1....It would be foolish of me to say this card would only sell for $600...I've been in this card game long enough to not say something so foolish!....
So do you believe Gio really got a $3000 offer and turned it down?
Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #146 (permalink)

So Gio care to explain why you were suspended from Hobby Kings multiple times?

didn't think so...

the truth hurts doesn't it? notice how you keep overlooking that people keep calling you out on that, but you continue to pretend that it didn't happen... did your mommy tell you it's going to be ok? your kids sure have a great role model to look up to

Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #147 (permalink)

I have no issue with Gio putting the Thurmond 1/1 card on eBay for a high price. He can do what he likes with it. It's his card, after all.

However, Gio, I have a question for you. Why did you call out LeonfromNC for asking too much for his Silhouette cards? And now you're doing exactly the same thing.

I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong. It's up to you what you do. But don't you feel hypocritical? You gave LeonfromNC a really hard time and went out of your way to criticise him and make him look bad, but what you're doing here is exactly the same (in fact, it's far worse; he was asking maybe 25% above eBay sale prices whereas your asking about 1,000% above most people's valuations).

Not looking to start anything - especially after our recent PM exchange - but I am definitely interested to hear your thoughts on this.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey its the truth...You are a keyword spammer and its proven...I'm not gonna sit here and make things up about you like you are doing to me...I dont even know you!.....I'm just keeping it real!...
lemme keep it real with you Gio, I mean forgiven1...

my feedback stands for itself on both sites... end of discussion.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #149 (permalink)

I don't think a lot of people in this thread understand the concept of set collecting. All you need is one person who has to have it to complete the set. It doesn't matter who the player is. Claiming you can get a Steph Curry for way less with a nicer patch, and you'd rather have Kobe over Thurmond is completely irrelevant. You aren't the market.

Hopefully none of you arguing that "Thurmond autos can be had for X" tried to sell a Totally Green for over $30 last year. After all, they were only inserts /5. Not that special at all.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
lemme keep it real with you Gio, I mean forgiven1...

my feedback stands for itself on both sites... end of discussion.

LOL....I also have 100% feedback on ebay and every other site i am on, But yet you call me a scammer....What does this have to do with you being a proven keyword spammer?....

Closed Thread