Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #151 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
So do you believe Gio really got a $3000 offer and turned it down?
He very well could have....You wouldnt believe the prices i paid for some of my cards!....I'm not gonna call someone a liar when i dont know for sure...Thats not my style!....
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #152 (permalink)
Member
 
pnft17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,046
Default

That Nate The Great is the Silho to own from first year it was made.
Doesn't he in total have one other version out of 5? never see those either.
pnft17 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #153 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
I don't think a lot of people in this thread understand the concept of set collecting. All you need is one person who has to have it to complete the set. It doesn't matter who the player is. Claiming you can get a Steph Curry for way less with a nicer patch, and you'd rather have Kobe over Thurmond is completely irrelevant. You aren't the market.

Hopefully none of you arguing that "Thurmond autos can be had for X" tried to sell a Totally Green for over $30 last year. After all, they were only inserts /5. Not that special at all.
Exactly...You would think that collectors would know this by now!....makes me think how long some of these guys have been collecting for...You cant put a price tag on a 1of1...Especially on a Silhoette which is one of the hottest sets right now!....Great post!...
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #154 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
LOL....I also have 100% feedback on ebay and every other site i am on, But yet you call me a scammer....What does this have to do with you being a proven keyword spammer?....
but it's easy to have 100% feedback when you only buy, because just a little bit ago you said you don't sell cards.
1eyed_jack is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #155 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
I have no issue with Gio putting the Thurmond 1/1 card on eBay for a high price. He can do what he likes with it. It's his card, after all.

However, Gio, I have a question for you. Why did you call out LeonfromNC for asking too much for his Silhouette cards? And now you're doing exactly the same thing.

I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong. It's up to you what you do. But don't you feel hypocritical? You gave LeonfromNC a really hard time and went out of your way to criticise him and make him look bad, but what you're doing here is exactly the same (in fact, it's far worse; he was asking maybe 25% above eBay sale prices whereas your asking about 1,000% above most people's valuations).

Not looking to start anything - especially after our recent PM exchange - but I am definitely interested to hear your thoughts on this.
Sad thing is WillC, i tried to reach out to Gio about why he did this and he would not respond back to me and I didn't come at him in a rude way. I just simply wanted to know why he would buy Silhouettes from me and not even argue about the price, hype up my thread and then all of a sudden bash me and my integrity as a seller on the SAME thread saying i was charging too much when he had just bought from me and left me a positive itrader rating!? If I was such a horrible seller overcharging my cards, why even bother dealing with me in the first place? It just doesn't make sense.

I know I've carried this on too long and all I wanted was an explanation. It seems that Gio is very good at explaining himself as well as his beliefs, but I couldn't even get an explanation on why he tried to train wreck my sale thread... How am I supposed to trade/sell on this forum if I have people like Gio buy from me with no issues at all then turn right around and stab me right in the back without talking to me about it first?
__________________
Group break link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/LeonfromNC

Non-payers for group breaks: Elkyjnr, ybomber, ninjacookies, xkclarkx21, 23bulls2014, CP3toOKC
LeonfromNC is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #156 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
However, Gio, I have a question for you. Why did you call out LeonfromNC for asking too much for his Silhouette cards? And now you're doing exactly the same thing.
He knows exactly why! And he knows I was right... thus why he requested that the posts be deleted. I didn't say anything to him or call him out or anything. Then he attacked another member and was playing mr. innocent and pretending that what the dude was saying was not true. I still held my tounge. Then him and a couple of buddies ganged up on him, so since I don't like the gang mentality, I told it as it was! He wanted about triple what the cards HAVE sold for on ebay, because they are NOT 1/1's, so easy to see what they've solf for. He wasn't selling his cards yet, and wasn't even sure he would. But I really wanted the two VERY limited to /10 cards, so I just wanted to get them out of his hands, as I explained on that thread before he got them deleted. His prices were, and still are very crazy, but that's fine.... that's his business. But when he starts to gang up on another member, and he's playing mr's saint, then that's not cool. Once I got those cards out of his hands, then he was very to sell them all.... I knew that would happen, because those were the key cards, so I was able to pay a little more of his crazy prices. But he did hussle me for more even when I gave him a MORE than fair offer, so he's not mr's innocent, not at all. Only difference with me? I'm posting mine with a very high price, but I am not tearing a new one to a fellow member and playing mr. saint. Yes, I put a high price for my card. Do I believe it will sell for that much? NO! Do I care, or is it anybody's business? NO! I won't a high price for it, or else it stays with me. I have no problem not selling it. if it does sell high to where I can't refuse the offer, then great! I only explain this to you as we're on terms as should be the entire community, but these few are just full of hate, and do not deserve a response. Btw, just saw his message above........... Don't make him fool you with his lies. I told him exactly why I said what I said, and he got them deleted because it was the truth!
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #157 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
but it's easy to have 100% feedback when you only buy, because just a little bit ago you said you don't sell cards.

Correct...I dont sell cards...I only buy and yes i have 100% feedback....I do have like 5 sales from like 6 years ago that are part of my 100% feedback...So how can i be called a scammer because i only buy?..Does this justify me being called a scammer?...
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #158 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
he was asking maybe 25% above eBay sale prices
WOW...So this guy LeonfromNC asks for 25% above ebay prices and he is a proven Keyword Spammer!.....Thats terrible...Thanks for pointing that out!....Gotta make a list of these guys so i make sure i dont support them...
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #159 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
WOW...So this guy LeonfromNC asks for 25% above ebay prices and he is a proven Keyword Spammer!.....Thats terrible...Thanks for pointing that out!....Gotta make a list of these guys so i make sure i dont support them...
Please don't make stuff up without knowing the full facts.

LeonfromNC was asking for about 25% above eBay sale prices, but those were historic prices and things have changed a lot since then.

Also, more importantly, LeonfromNC made it very clear that he was happy to accept offers, and he clearly had a lot of very happy customers.

So please don't twist things.
WillC is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #160 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
WOW...So this guy LeonfromNC asks for 25% above ebay prices and he is a proven Keyword Spammer!.....Thats terrible...Thanks for pointing that out!....Gotta make a list of these guys so i make sure i dont support them...
Unfortunately, I had to support him.... I had to pay DOUBLE+ for the two I really wanted because they were very low numbered, both #'d to 10 copies. I knew that was his two key pieces so I knew I had to move fast, even though I didn't want to deal with him, because of his trouble making ways in the past. Thus when he hussled me for a final $25 MORE, on top of the crazy prices, I told him, sure why not, but can you add SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION with that? I didn't feel confortable to begin with, but I took the chance....

So the people paying 25% and UP more than ebay prices, you have me to thank! Without those two pieces getting out of his hands, he probably would have never sold off the rest. He wasn't sure about even begining to sell them, so I just knew I had to move fast! You're welcome people!
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #161 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Please don't make stuff up without knowing the full facts.

LeonfromNC was asking for about 25% above eBay sale prices, but those were historic prices and things have changed a lot since then.

Also, more importantly, LeonfromNC made it very clear that he was happy to accept offers, and he clearly had a lot of very happy customers.

So please don't twist things.

Hey you said that he was asking 25% above ebay prices at that time....Thats all i needed to here...What did i make up?????.......Your the one that said it!....Again, Thanks for the info.....
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #162 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
He knows exactly why! And he knows I was right... thus why he requested that the posts be deleted. I didn't say anything to him or call him out or anything. Then he attacked another member and was playing mr. innocent and pretending that what the dude was saying was not true. I still held my tounge. Then him and a couple of buddies ganged up on him, so since I don't like the gang mentality, I told it as it was! He wanted about triple what the cards HAVE sold for on ebay, because they are NOT 1/1's, so easy to see what they've solf for. He wasn't selling his cards yet, and wasn't even sure he would. But I really wanted the two VERY limited to /10 cards, so I just wanted to get them out of his hands, as I explained on that thread before he got them deleted. His prices were, and still are very crazy, but that's fine.... that's his business. But when he starts to gang up on another member, and he's playing mr's saint, then that's not cool. Once I got those cards out of his hands, then he was very to sell them all.... I knew that would happen, because those were the key cards, so I was able to pay a little more of his crazy prices. But he did hussle me for more even when I gave him a MORE than fair offer, so he's not mr's innocent, not at all. Only difference with me? I'm posting mine with a very high price, but I am not tearing a new one to a fellow member and playing mr. saint. Yes, I put a high price for my card. Do I believe it will sell for that much? NO! Do I care, or is it anybody's business? NO! I won't a high price for it, or else it stays with me. I have no problem not selling it. if it does sell high to where I can't refuse the offer, then great! I only explain this to you as we're on terms as should be the entire community, but these few are just full of hate, and do not deserve a response. Btw, just saw his message above........... Don't make him fool you with his lies. I told him exactly why I said what I said, and he got them deleted because it was the truth!
Unfortunately Gio you are mistaken, I never got anything deleted.... I never asked any moderator to do anything. I don't run and tell them everything like you do. They simply did that on their own. So please don't try to portray yourself as the angel here. Btw I sold the two Silhouettes to you for $200 dlvd. I bought them for $180.00. If you call making $20 hustling you, then so be it.

There is no hate here Gio. I asked you kindly via PM before all of this madness happened, why you did what you did on my sale thread and you never responded... Moderators don't erase PMs, it's simple, I never got one from you.
__________________
Group break link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/LeonfromNC

Non-payers for group breaks: Elkyjnr, ybomber, ninjacookies, xkclarkx21, 23bulls2014, CP3toOKC
LeonfromNC is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #163 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Unfortunately, I had to support him.... I had to pay DOUBLE+ for the two I really wanted because they were very low numbered, both #'d to 10 copies. I knew that was his two key pieces so I knew I had to move fast, even though I didn't want to deal with him, because of his trouble making ways in the past. Thus when he hussled me for a final $25 MORE, on top of the crazy prices, I told him, sure why not, but can you add SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION with that? I didn't feel confortable to begin with, but I took the chance....

So the people paying 25% and UP more than ebay prices, you have me to thank! Without those two pieces getting out of his hands, he probably would have never sold off the rest. He wasn't sure about even begining to sell them, so I just knew I had to move fast! You're welcome people!
No one has anything to thank you for Gio. Here you go taking credit for someone no one cares about. Must you always make everything about YOU?

NO ONE PAID THE PRICES I HAVE LISTED ON MY SALE THREAD. I REPEAT FOR THOSE WHO DON'T READ WELL... NO ONE PAID THE PRICES I HAVE LISTED ON MY SALE THREAD (with the exception of the Luol Deng for $100, thanks TungTLe).

I discounted most of the cards heavily and most even BELOW eBay prices. I simply just put their name beside it with SOLD to keep a tracker of what has sold. I didn't think it was necessary for me to post what prices they paid for them as well. Ask the other dozen or so buyers who have bought from me. Everyone was happy with my prices and discounts.

SO ONCE AGAIN GIO, YOU ARE ASSUMING THE WRONG THING AGAIN AND BLURTING OUT THE SIDE OF YOUR MOUTH WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS...

You were so quick to buy from me with no questions at all, so what is it about me that made you feel uncomfortable to deal with? Was is it about my 75 positive itrader rating (100%) on here compared to your 8? Or my close to 2000 positives on eBay (100%, powerseller and top rated seller) that had you feeling uncomfortable about dealing with me?

I made roughly $10 off you Gio on our deal after Paypal fees and shipping with signature confirmation. Sorry if that's what you call H-U-S-T-L-I-N-G you, but I have taken more than enough losses on my other sales on that thread. I paid $180 for those two cards and you bought then for $200. If you were so upset about it, why did you leave me a positive itrader?

Sounds like you are just making things up as you go along when in actuality it is making you look more and more like the idiot who can't keep his mouth shut and keeps digging himself into a hole.

And why do you keep avoiding my question about why you were suspended from Hobby Kings multiple times? No hate here Gio, I just want the truth.
__________________
Group break link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/LeonfromNC

Non-payers for group breaks: Elkyjnr, ybomber, ninjacookies, xkclarkx21, 23bulls2014, CP3toOKC

Last edited by LeonfromNC; 02-23-2013 at 05:12 PM.
LeonfromNC is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #164 (permalink)
Member
 
jbarnett83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
not worth the time or effort Gio. ughhh, on to the next topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
not worth wasting my time over arguing for nothing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
not worth my time to post about this anymore...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Jealously is the last thing i am of you Gio, trust me you are making yourself look more and more like an little immature child everytime you post...

Keep it up, you're quickly becoming the most irritating member of this forum...

I will let you get your last word in as you always do but i'm done wasting my time quarreling with you... you're not worth the headache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
So Gio care to explain why you were suspended from Hobby Kings multiple times?

didn't think so...

the truth hurts doesn't it? notice how you keep overlooking that people keep calling you out on that, but you continue to pretend that it didn't happen... did your mommy tell you it's going to be ok? your kids sure have a great role model to look up to
Why are you so angry? It's just basketball cards. There is no reason to talk about his mother or kids. You are the one who needs to grow up. I may not agree with his listing practices but it's his card so he can sell it for whatever he feels like. Sad, you can't even leave a thread you said you would 4 times over. Time for you to go outside your tunnel and get some air
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________


I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #165 (permalink)
Member
 
pnft17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,046
Default

Was it for Riley and Howell cards? those were nice cards.

What have past few of those sold for.
pnft17 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #166 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnett83 View Post
Why are you so angry? It's just basketball cards. There is no reason to talk about his mother or kids. You are the one who needs to grow up. I may not agree with his listing practices but it's his card so he can sell it for whatever he feels like. Sad, you can't even leave a thread you said you would 4 times over. Time for you to go outside your tunnel and get some air
i agree, but if you're going to shell out some advice for me, why not the culprit as well? he continues to go on and on... on multiple threads as well so why should he get off the hook so easily?

you're right, there is no reason to talk about mother and kids... BUT being called a liar and attempt to damage a seller's integrity for no reason at all is not justified either. please know the whole story before jumping in and taking sides sir.
__________________
Group break link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/LeonfromNC

Non-payers for group breaks: Elkyjnr, ybomber, ninjacookies, xkclarkx21, 23bulls2014, CP3toOKC
LeonfromNC is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #167 (permalink)
Member
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 3,203
Default

Who cares what he sells his card for?
Wings is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #168 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,386
Default

i can care less when he lists it at, but when he comes into my sale thread saying my prices are too high or ridiculous after just buying from me doesn't make sense when he does the same...
__________________
Group break link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/LeonfromNC

Non-payers for group breaks: Elkyjnr, ybomber, ninjacookies, xkclarkx21, 23bulls2014, CP3toOKC
LeonfromNC is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #169 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnett83 View Post
Why are you so angry? It's just basketball cards. There is no reason to talk about his mother or kids. You are the one who needs to grow up. I may not agree with his listing practices but it's his card so he can sell it for whatever he feels like. Sad, you can't even leave a thread you said you would 4 times over. Time for you to go outside your tunnel and get some air
This guy definately is angry about something...I never said anything bad about this guy and then out of the blue he starts calling me Gio and accuses me of being a scammer...Never had beef with this guy at all until today...But if he wants beef he's got it!...
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #170 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Was it for Riley and Howell cards? those were nice cards.

What have past few of those sold for.
Most recent Howell for $40 something, and Riley around $60... but of course he is going to tell you is paid more...
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #171 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
i can care less when he lists it at, but when he comes into my sale thread saying my prices are too high or ridiculous after just buying from me doesn't make sense when he does the same...
I think now would be a good point to stop posting in this thread, so you don't get dragged into it again and again.

You have made your point and I think you should just leave it to the people who read this thread to make their own minds up, otherwise everyone will just be going around in circles.

People can make their own minds up based upon the evidence.

Let's all just move on.
WillC is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #172 (permalink)
Member
 
LeonfromNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, OH
Posts: 6,386
Default

that sounds like a GREAT idea... and I will do just that WillC

I hate that I just wasted the last hour of my life feeding into this mess... ugh
__________________
Group break link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/LeonfromNC

Non-payers for group breaks: Elkyjnr, ybomber, ninjacookies, xkclarkx21, 23bulls2014, CP3toOKC
LeonfromNC is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #173 (permalink)
Member
 
LincecumPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rose Bowl
Posts: 12,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post

Let's all just move on.
Quote of the thread. I don't have any beef with anyone in here, but threads like these that keep popping up are a microcosm of what the hobby has become.
__________________
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Wudeverbro/library/?page=1
"Anything can happen on any given Sunday, especially on Monday night"
LincecumPC is online now  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #174 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Exactly....Good luck with the sale Gio!..... Its a sick card!
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #175 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 13,066
Default

Thank you for the well wishes, guys. And sorry for this circus.
__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.