Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr10pin View Post
If there are 200, I estimate we have seen less than 30% of the production run at retail outlets. I'm wishing I hadn't sold my retail boxes at this point.
My guess is less then 100

probably 50-100
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
My guess is less then 100

probably 50-100
I'm with you.
mr10pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Yup over 200 don't buy them I think there are close to 1000

The fact is there is not 1 on eBay
That's because nobody is buying Retail Prizm (Compared to Hobby). The point is not that there's 200+ on the market right now, the point is that in the future there will be ...

Again, it is absolutely Unheard of for a Retail product to offer 3-4 Cards w/ print Run under 100 (Like some of you think) in a single retail box - That just wouldn't happen and if that was the case that these are limited under 100, Panini would have announced that right away because if they are scarce, wouldn't that help Panini sell the Boxes?
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsRChamps View Post
That's because nobody is buying Retail Prizm (Compared to Hobby). The point is not that there's 200+ on the market right now, the point is that in the future there will be ...

Again, it is absolutely Unheard of for a Retail product to offer 3-4 Cards w/ print Run under 100 (Like some of you think) in a single retail box - That just wouldn't happen and if that was the case that these are limited under 100, Panini would have announced that right away because if they are scarce, wouldn't that help Panini sell the Boxes?
Well I can't find retail boxes in my area .
Retail in different then hobby
Panini has to refund the etail that is not sold so they so make as much
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #30 (permalink)

Damn....was gonna hold on to mine. Might have to move it now.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #31 (permalink)

2012 13 Prizm Green Refractor Kyrie Irving | eBay

HOLY MOLY! Never thought I would see this, but wow.
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post

Where do you think it ends?
mr10pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #33 (permalink)

This is turning into the Jeremy Lin hype. Still feel things are shady, prizm auto sells at $460 yesterday, but not even an offer over $300 when I put my up, feel like a lot of people pushing it up without actually paying. U might get 1 or 2 suckers that actually pay and they are the ones holding the cards after it crashes. Jeremy Lin cards an easy example.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
This is turning into the Jeremy Lin hype. Still feel things are shady, prizm auto sells at $460 yesterday, but not even an offer over $300 when I put my up, feel like a lot of people pushing it up without actually paying. U might get 1 or 2 suckers that actually pay and they are the ones holding the cards after it crashes. Jeremy Lin cards an easy example.
Pretty sure everyone knows that, people are eating up these fake prices.

Its called pump and dump

"Pump-and-Dumps" and Market Manipulations

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post

I had a prizm gold card at auction, this seller had the same card listed with a crazy BIN now...the person that won my card only had 2 feedback, both feedbacks where from this seller.

The buyer of my card and the seller of this Kyrie had the same zip code. So I contacted the seller (he is a member of this forum) and asked him about the 2 feedback ebay guy that won my card. I figured it was his other ebay account used to pump up his cards. All I wanted him to do was cancel the transaction so I could sell it asap.

The seller of the kyrie claimed that he didn't have 2 accounts and the guy who won my card also beat him years ago.....well the seller won my Lebron prizm refractor and I was able to see his address...so I decided to map quest both of the address and map quest says it is a 39 second walk from the deadbeat ebay guy's house and this seller's house.

I can't prove anything but in my opinion the seller of the Kyrie is a big player in the prizm market and would benefit from higher prices.

I think there is some major shilling going on with prizm cards. Like I said before I can't prove anything at all...just my opinion on what I found. My gold card was never paid for and it was relisted and sold 8 days after the auction ended.

The deadbeat buyer is

mintcards123...block him
Old 03-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt16 View Post
I had a prizm gold card at auction, this seller had the same card listed with a crazy BIN now...the person that won my card only had 2 feedback, both feedbacks where from this seller.

The buyer of my card and the seller of this Kyrie had the same zip code. So I contacted the seller (he is a member of this forum) and asked him about the 2 feedback ebay guy that won my card. I figured it was his other ebay account used to pump up his cards. All I wanted him to do was cancel the transaction so I could sell it asap.

The seller of the kyrie claimed that he didn't have 2 accounts and the guy who won my card also beat him years ago.....well the seller won my Lebron prizm refractor and I was able to see his address...so I decided to map quest both of the address and map quest says it is a 39 second walk from the deadbeat ebay guy's house and this seller's house.

I can't prove anything but in my opinion the seller of the Kyrie is a big player in the prizm market and would benefit from higher prices.

I think there is some major shilling going on with prizm cards. Like I said before I can't prove anything at all...just my opinion on what I found. My gold card was never paid for and it was relisted and sold 8 days after the auction ended.

The deadbeat buyer is

mintcards123...block him
Yea thats the reason why i am sticking to buy it now/best offer for kyrie irving stuff. NO point letting it get pushed high by none paying bidders just so it can help with their sales. Then u're left waiting for the payment that never comes and can't even resell it for 2 weeks while the people pumping the auction cashes in. With buy it now/OBO auctions, at least i can see exactly who wants to buy it and i can do a little background check before accepting their offers. Also set bidder requirement when auctioning to "reject buyer with 2 or more None paying bids in the past 1 year "standard is like 2 month, but u can change that option to 1 year" )
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Pretty sure everyone knows that, people are eating up these fake prices.

Its called pump and dump

"Pump-and-Dumps" and Market Manipulations
That was exquisite limited logos or fake durant exquisite rookies patches

Mr Cookie Monster I will give you $600 for a green kyrie that is centered
Old 03-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #38 (permalink)

Thanks JT I will go and block that guy from bidding on any of my Kyrie's that are listed. I am stunned my green prizm base is already at 494 with 4 days to go. Here's hoping it gets paid for....
Old 03-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

Oh and like Yi said, I set all my buyer requirements as high as possible. I go back 1 year for the fewest amount of unpaid items and all that, so hopefully that should filter out any of the issues.