Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #226 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Oh yeah, lets blame the media for over hyping the injury, just like Laker fans over hyped the foul.

Did Kobe ever say he was going to be out for a long time?
He said it was bad, and it was. It looked bad, and his ankle looked bad.

People were saying he was out for the season, lets blame Kobe for that too I guess???
__________________
Ed Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #227 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Couldn't have been too bad.

Funny how people were like jones ended his season blah blah blah.

Welp active... Smh
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #228 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

The intent to injure is the issue.

Its like a man shooting a gun and the bullet grazes. "Yea he didnt kill you so therefore its not bad". What would you say to that?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #229 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
The intent to injure is the issue.

Its like a man shooting a gun and the bullet grazes. "Yea he didnt kill you so therefore its not bad". What would you say to that?
Jones intended to injure him?

Even skip and Stephen a said the intent was doubtfully to injure his ankle.

You really love making crap up.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #230 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Jones intended to injure him?

Even skip and Stephen a said the intent was doubtfully to injure his ankle.

You really love making crap up.
It's a pretty good assumption. Jones has a history trying to injure Kobe. The man is too sexy. Jealously is abound. With Wade, he simply couldn't take it anymore and broke his nose as a result.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #231 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Lakers being robbed of a basket here. These officials are a joke
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #232 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,709
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Lakers are the biggest cry babies, gheez

Making a big deal for nothing, wasted 5 mins arguing to miss
__________________
!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #233 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,722
Default

i wish this game was televised, how did kobe look/do out there.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #234 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,709
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
i wish this game was televised, how did kobe look/do out there.
0-4, looked bad

He was a better cheerleader though
__________________
!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #235 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
0-4, looked bad

He was a better cheerleader though
was he able to move around ok, or was the injury really hurting him? i think he should have set out a few days.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #236 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Yes, but the original basket should have counted.

I remember a very specific play where the ball was passed in to Lebron who made a half-court shot after the buzzer sounded. They found that the clock had started too early and that if the clock had started correctly the basket would have been in time.

Same situation as this, so why do the refs get to pick and choose how they call similar plays? It's not a judgment call, it's black and white. If the clock started on time, the shot by Nash is in time.

It's only one basket and likely won't matter, I just don't understand the inconsistency by officials regarding plays that are non-judgement ones.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #237 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
It's a pretty good assumption. Jones has a history trying to injure Kobe. The man is too sexy. Jealously is abound. With Wade, he simply couldn't take it anymore and broke his nose as a result.
A history of trying to injure him? So would you say players in the 80s and 90s all had a history of trying to injure other players ?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #238 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,709
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
was he able to move around ok, or was the injury really hurting him? i think he should have set out a few days.
I dont think he really meant to play.

Just showing his team moral support
__________________
!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #239 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,722
Default

i just read an article on nba.com where dantoni said he does not believe jones was intentionally trying to hurt kobe, for what its worth.... http://www.nba.com/2013/news/03/15/b...s=iref:nbahpts

Last edited by pingbling23; 03-15-2013 at 08:42 PM.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #240 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
i just read an article on nba.com where dantoni said he does not believe jones was intentionally trying to hurt kobe, for what its worth....
Lets just ignore that one too. Haha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #241 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,709
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

The Lakers said that Kobe Bryant (ankle) will not play in the second half of Friday's game against the Pacers.
__________________
!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #242 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
A history of trying to injure him? So would you say players in the 80s and 90s all had a history of trying to injure other players ?
I realize you like to think objectively. Every hard foul can't be considered intent to injure a player. The Jones incident would have remained unnoticed had it just a bench player and not Kobe. Since it was Kobe, combined with the recent confession by Jalen Rose, and the past history of Jones and Kobe, we can assume that Jones had the intention of injuring Kobe with that play. Whether it's true or not who knows, but Jalen Rose's confession is a prime example of pure jealously of Kobe. Yessir.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #243 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
I realize you like to think objectively. Every hard foul can't be considered intent to injure a player. The Jones incident would have remained unnoticed had it just a bench player and not Kobe. Since it was Kobe, combined with the recent confession by Jalen Rose, and the past history of Jones and Kobe, we can assume that Jones had the intention of injuring Kobe with that play. Whether it's true or not who knows, but Jalen Rose's confession is a prime example of pure jealously of Kobe. Yessir.
This.

I can't throw a rock at you multiple times, and then when I hit you say "whoops, it was an accident"
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #244 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
I realize you like to think objectively. Every hard foul can't be considered intent to injure a player. The Jones incident would have remained unnoticed had it just a bench player and not Kobe. Since it was Kobe, combined with the recent confession by Jalen Rose, and the past history of Jones and Kobe, we can assume that Jones had the intention of injuring Kobe with that play. Whether it's true or not who knows, but Jalen Rose's confession is a prime example of pure jealously of Kobe. Yessir.
you can assume with 100% accuracy? Heck no. thats all subjective and people are objecting false opinions onto the situation. assumptions aren't facts.

kobe fans said straight up it was 100% intended to hurt kobe bryant.

that is completely false.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #245 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

So laker fans. What was the reason the lakers won tonight? Kobe? Haha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #246 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,516
Default

lmao, Murrke first poster to post in a lakers thread after a win, troll much?
__________________
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/Cadesnh/

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #247 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,018
Default

Good win!!!!
__________________
Ed Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #248 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cades View Post
lmao, Murrke first poster to post in a lakers thread after a win, troll much?
Is there a rule you can't post in certain threads. Why is it so hard for people to understand that this is a public forum.

I'm interested to see the answer though because I haven't seen anyone given credit for wins this year except Kobe. So was it him tonight?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #249 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

if you guys dont respond to him, he might start quoting himself in posts again. LOL

Lets go Lakers!

Kobe is the "Ironman" of the NBA
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #250 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

So it was because of Kobe tonight? The win?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.