Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #126 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

LOL at comparing a all star game play around foul to a guy that commits a season ending injury.

Troll. You know for a fact that jones tried to end kobes season with his blatant instep. For you to compare that to Kobe fouling Lebron during an all star game is pathetic. You are just as lot as Jones is.

YOu trying to compare a simple foul on lebron by kobe to a jones trying to end kobes career foul is crazy.

I know.... I know... "I didnt say that, not wait where did I say that, I never said it, show me where I said it"

THIS IS YOU COMPARING JONES PURPOSELY STEPPING IN TO ROLL KOBES ANKLE TO A FOUL IN AN ALL STAR GAME. THANKS FOR COMING OUT AGAIN TROLL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Somehow in the all star game Kobe was a defensive genius by stopping Lebron but when clearly looked at it was a foul. Now that its reversed and Kobe got fouled with no call its time to point it out and moan about it.

Interesting...
What next? Trying to tell us that Jones didnt trip Kobe on purpose

[/QUOTE]
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #127 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
LOL at comparing a all star game play around foul to a guy that commits a season ending injury.

Troll. You know for a fact that jones tried to end kobes season with his blatant instep. For you to compare that to Kobe fouling Lebron during an all star game is pathetic. You are just as lot as Jones is.

YOu trying to compare a simple foul on lebron by kobe to a jones trying to end kobes career foul is crazy.

I know.... I know... "I didnt say that, not wait where did I say that, I never said it, show me where I said it"

THIS IS YOU COMPARING JONES PURPOSELY STEPPING IN TO ROLL KOBES ANKLE TO A FOUL IN AN ALL STAR GAME. THANKS FOR COMING OUT AGAIN TROLL.

What next? Trying to tell us that Jones didnt trip Kobe on purpose

[/QUOTE]

First my comment was about someone talking about it not being called a foul. Dirty play/not dirty play/ injury aside. That was my comment. Lebron got fouled by kobe in all star game it wasnt called - people praised kobes defense. kobe gets fouled it wasnt called - people blame refs and moan about it.

Second I am not discussing jones play in 2009! No one is. This is about the play last night. And it is impossible to say it was 100% dirty and on purpose. That play happens in the game of basketball. Sometimes maybe the defender does it on purpose but a lot of the time that isnt true. It just happens.

But typical orangejello making things up and changing peoples words. why would i expect you to actually respond to what i actually post. silly me.

and you honestly think jones was trying to end kobes career? wow.

and 1eyed why did you stop ignoring me? you were so proud of yourself less then a week ago and how peaceful it was yet now you respond to my every post? please explain...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #128 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

For the record, there are 5 posts on the front page about the Heat or Lebron.

Murrke has a total of 2 posts in all 5!

There are 4 posts with Kobe or Laker in the title.

Murrke has 20 posts in those!


hahahahaha
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #129 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
For the record, there are 5 posts on the front page about the Heat or Lebron.

Murrke has a total of 2 posts in all 5!

There are 4 posts with Kobe or Laker in the title.

Murrke has 20 posts in those!


hahahahaha
why did you remove me from your ignore list?

are you a murrke fan? did you miss me that much? do you want my autograph? please enlighten me
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #130 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

First my comment was about someone talking about it not being called a foul. Dirty play/not dirty play/ injury aside. That was my comment. Lebron got fouled by kobe in all star game it wasnt called - people praised kobes defense. kobe gets fouled it wasnt called - people blame refs and moan about it.

Second I am not discussing jones play in 2009! No one is. This is about the play last night. And it is impossible to say it was 100% dirty and on purpose. That play happens in the game of basketball. Sometimes maybe the defender does it on purpose but a lot of the time that isnt true. It just happens.

But typical orangejello making things up and changing peoples words. why would i expect you to actually respond to what i actually post. silly me.

and you honestly think jones was trying to end kobes career? wow.

and 1eyed why did you stop ignoring me? you were so proud of yourself less then a week ago and how peaceful it was yet now you respond to my every post? please explain...[/QUOTE]

Look at you snake out of it. So we should not discuss if Jones has done this previously on purpose. We should ignore that. We should just look at lastnight because it must have been innocent play becasue he has never done it before?

Jones has done it before. Why does it surprise you that he did it again. He tried to hurt kobe twice before on purpose...now suddenly lastnight it was by mistake? LOL. I know you would support jones for his actions lastnight. You are filthy and classless.

I do think Jones was trying to end Kobes career... AGAIN. JUST LIKE THE LAST 2 TIMES HE PURPOSE SHOVED KOBE INTO THE STANDS AND TRIPPED HIM. But according to you, we shouldnt look at that evidence because it happend years ago. OKAY BUDDY.

You are here to troll. You make up garbage and switch sides. "Its not a foul"
"I dont know if it was on purpose" "Dont look back to see if Jones has done it before". "I never said that. Who said that, Where did I say that. I never said that, Where did I say that " Blah blah blah. Its all you you. Step in make a fence sitting comment then denying your insinuations throughout the thread.

Murrke = Jones playing dirty.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #131 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

just ignore him orange. Dude should be banned for such obvious trolling
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #132 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
For the record, there are 5 posts on the front page about the Heat or Lebron.

Murrke has a total of 2 posts in all 5!

There are 4 posts with Kobe or Laker in the title.

Murrke has 20 posts in those!


hahahahaha
i also question your counting skills. i have more then 2 posts in the heat threads. please don't make up lies.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #133 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
just ignore him orange. Dude should be banned for such obvious trolling
lol so now i'm on ignore again? who are you? you just keep responding to me.

so now you are claiming to have me on ignore so you only see that i posted but yet you now feel the urge to respond to me posting something you didnt read?

wow please stop stalking me. its getting a little creepy.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #134 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

please stop putting words in my mouth again. i made a comment you completely take it out of context and spin it to make stuff up. please respond to what i post instead of making things up.

so by your deduction every time jones has any contact with kobe it is him being dirty?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #135 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Putting words in your mouth?

You play a dangerous game. Saying thing, not saying them. Then fence sitting. Itll catch up with you.

This is from the other thread


Please refrain from entering Kobe/Lakers threads for the sake of the boards. We do not wish for trolls like you to come in and disrupt the threads with your flame war comments. We are asking you politely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
jones was dirty if the previous videos. i don't think anyone said otherwise.

last night you cant just say its jones being dirty. that play happens by accident a lot in the game of basketball. does that mean every time it happens its the defender being dirty? no.

it is impossible to say that jones was dirty last night. you can't sit there and say he made 2 dirty plays before in his career and now every single action he does is dirty. thats just lame.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
SacGWYNN19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,790
Default

Watch any clip of Kobe and his fadeaway and you will see 90% of the time the defender does exactly what Jones did. You'd think you were watching FIFA after the act job last night. Watch Tony Parker's sprain from a couple of weeks ago and you will see what is a severe ankle sprain is. Please clean your glasses Orange, or maybe wake up from your Kobe Dream.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #137 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Putting words in your mouth?

You play a dangerous game. Saying thing, not saying them. Then fence sitting. Itll catch up with you.

This is from the other thread


Please refrain from entering Kobe/Lakers threads for the sake of the boards. We do not wish for trolls like you to come in and disrupt the threads with your flame war comments. We are asking you politely.
so because someone makes a dirty play in the past now every play he makes is dirty?

please answer that.

and this is a public forum i can post where i want. i can discuss the topic. maybe you should put me on ignore if you take offense to my opinions about the topic.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
so because someone makes a dirty play in the past now every play he makes is dirty?

please answer that.

and this is a public forum i can post where i want. i can discuss the topic. maybe you should put me on ignore if you take offense to my opinions about the topic.
Jones tried to hurt kobe in the past by

1. Tripping him on purpose.
2. Pushing him with two hands into the stands to injure him on purpose.

Now he steps in and injures Kobe. What do you think? You tell me what the logic is? If he tried to injure him twice before, you dont think stepping in without even playing the ball wasnt an intent to injure? If it wasnt, why didnt he even try and play the ball instead of playing kobes legs?

Dont answer with "I dont know". Im asking you why in the world would a player step in to defend but not care about the ball or the shot taken, but rather where to plant his foot while kobe comes down? Why?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #139 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
Watch any clip of Kobe and his fadeaway and you will see 90% of the time the defender does exactly what Jones did. You'd think you were watching FIFA after the act job last night. Watch Tony Parker's sprain from a couple of weeks ago and you will see what is a severe ankle sprain is. Please clean your glasses Orange, or maybe wake up from your Kobe Dream.
I just don't agree with that at all. I watch a lot of basketball and guys might get up on shooters when they are shooting, but they don't impede their space like that
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Jones tried to hurt kobe in the past by

1. Tripping him on purpose.
2. Pushing him with two hands into the stands to injure him on purpose.

Now he steps in and injures Kobe. What do you think? You tell me what the logic is? If he tried to injure him twice before, you dont think stepping in without even playing the ball wasnt an intent to injure? If it wasnt, why didnt he even try and play the ball instead of playing kobes legs?

Dont answer with "I dont know". Im asking you why in the world would a player step in to defend but not care about the ball or the shot taken, but rather where to plant his foot while kobe comes down? Why?
that logic is poor.

so by your logic every time jones made contact with kobe it was dirty

jones stepped in to defend because he didn't want to give kobe a wide open shot without any pressure. thats the game of basketball. if you can't understand that i can't help you.

this play happens very often in basketball. is it dirty every time? NO. in this case it just happens to be jones who has a little history and kobe happen to get hurt.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #141 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

this similar thing happens quite often on three point attempts as a defender is closing out.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #142 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Definately intentional!.....It was a dirty play....Only the Kobe/Laker haters will say otherwise!
__________________
[B]"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it." [/B]

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,830
Default

Live discussion: What does Kobe Bryant's ankle injury mean for Lakers? - latimes.com

Live interview if your interested... They think Kobe will miss a max of 3 games
__________________
I JUST FIGURED SHE WAS A RAGING ALCOHOLIC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ossSWj17Jnk
[/COLOR]

Last edited by sucram; 03-14-2013 at 03:30 PM.
sucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
that logic is poor.

this play happens very often in basketball. is it dirty every time? NO. in this case it just happens to be jones who has a little history and kobe happen to get hurt.
This play is dirty every single time. It happens often but it is dirty all the time. How would you feel if you jumped in the air, and someone put their leg under you? You contest the shot up top, but not by running under a guy.
cookiechrisps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiechrisps View Post
This play is dirty every single time. It happens often but it is dirty all the time. How would you feel if you jumped in the air, and someone put their leg under you? You contest the shot up top, but not by running under a guy.
so it never happens by accident?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #146 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiechrisps View Post
This play is dirty every single time. It happens often but it is dirty all the time. How would you feel if you jumped in the air, and someone put their leg under you? You contest the shot up top, but not by running under a guy.
Oh murrke doesn't play basketball. Have you read his posts? He wouldn't know the first thing about taking a jump shot or defending one. He's a box score watcher, which makes it tough to know much about the game other than numbers
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Oh murrke doesn't play basketball. Have you read his posts? He wouldn't know the first thing about taking a jump shot or defending one. He's a box score watcher, which makes it tough to know much about the game other than numbers
is this something you are making up?

i play basketball so i'm pretty sure this is another lie you made up.

best question is why are you still responding to my posts? i thought you put me on ignore? why oh why?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #148 (permalink)
Jef
Member
 
Jef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,704
Default

i think it is fair to give jones at least MORE benefit of the doubt than usual based on the situation.

as i kind of pointed out earlier:

a) if he contests the ball/up high, they are probably blowing the whistle

b) he has to give a strong closeout/contest and get up into kobe as much as he can while still maintaining no contact

i think id id look at this play in the 2nd quarter with an eyebrow raised higher than it is as this being the last play of the game.

jones doesnt deserve a ton of sympathy for the blame he is getting due to his past, but this play is not as obviously dirty as the other two. in a situation where the game is on the line and one of the most clutch players of all time has the ball, you stop your man from scoring at all costs - you dont worry about what is going to be said on twitter.

im not a lakers fan (hate them), but i hope kobe is back and healthy asap - he has put on an unbelievable show as of late and the playoffs wont be the same without him.
__________________
http://jef010.imgur.com/
UPDATED: July 25, 2014
Jef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #149 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucram View Post
Live discussion: What does Kobe Bryant's ankle injury mean for Lakers? - latimes.com

Live interview if your interested... They think Kobe will miss a max of 3 games
is that confirmed?

why was everyone making this out to be a season ending injury? was that just to be dramatic?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Inland Empire
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
so it never happens by accident?
It can happen by accident, but seeing the history of the two players. I dont see this being an accident.

Jones pushed Kobe in the back with two hands: no accident

Jones tripped Kobe: no accident

We may never know if Dahntay did it on purpose or not. But, he is a dirty player because of his history.



What is more shocking is how Ibaka did not get suspended.

Coaches get fined 25,000 dollars for criticizing the refs. You hit a guy the nuts and its 25,000 dollar fine. The league needs to protect players: especially Blake Griffin.

Last edited by cookiechrisps; 03-14-2013 at 08:41 PM.
cookiechrisps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.