Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #201 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
thats not enough for me, i cant stand ron artest, but i dont look at every foul he commits as trying to hurt someone even after what he did to harden.
Then by your assessment, what MWP did to Harden was okay and not dirty since "its not as if he does it all the time"?? Because one incident is not enough to judge the harden hit to be dirty at all either!!

Sometimes you have to stand your ground and determine the situation. If you think it wasnt dirty thats fine with me.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Then by your assessment, what MWP did to Harden was okay and not dirty since "its not as if he does it all the time"?? Because one incident is not enough to judge the harden hit to be dirty at all either!!

Sometimes you have to stand your ground and determine the situation. If you think it wasnt dirty thats fine with me.
youre totally off track. when artest hit harden, it was obvious it was an intentional dirty move. this is very different then the jones/kobe play. im saying, just because artest did that, i do not think he is out there trying to hurt people on every play. like some laker fans have said about jones because he intentionally tripped kobe before, this latest incident has to be on purpose and he wants to injure kobe.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #203 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
youre totally off track. when artest hit harden, it was obvious it was an intentional dirty move. this is very different then the jones/kobe play. im saying, just because artest did that, i do not think he is out there trying to hurt people on every play. like some laker fans have said about jones because he intentionally tripped kobe before, this latest incident has to be on purpose and he wants to injure kobe.
I personally think Jones stepping in with his hip is "pretty obvious" with his intentions. Just as obvious as MWP smacking Harden. It really was an intentional dirty move.

The reasons why other people (Not just laker fans) say that Jones did this on purpose is because he has proven in the past to doing such dirty tactics in the past to deny them then later admit to doing them on purpose. Taking into factor that he has attempted this in the past various times, would it not be logical to think he attempted it again. The only difference this time is that he succeeded?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #204 (permalink)

I think it's funny that all the Laker fans fail to realize that KOBE KICKED OUT HIS LEG. If he hadn't maybe he would of landed properly, so not all blame can be placed on Jones. Kobe committed an offensive foul if you want to get technical about it.

October 2012 Memo to Refs:
"Officials will emphasize the “Reggie Miller rule” for a shooter who kicks his legs out during jump-shot attempts to create contact and draw fouls. Officials plan to call offensive fouls on shooters who blatantly kick out their legs to initiate contact."
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #205 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
I think it's funny that all the Laker fans fail to realize that KOBE KICKED OUT HIS LEG. If he hadn't maybe he would of landed properly, so not all blame can be placed on Jones. Kobe committed an offensive foul if you want to get technical about it.

October 2012 Memo to Refs:
"Officials will emphasize the “Reggie Miller rule” for a shooter who kicks his legs out during jump-shot attempts to create contact and draw fouls. Officials plan to call offensive fouls on shooters who blatantly kick out their legs to initiate contact."
If he didnt kick out his leg and Jones shoved his hip into Kobe while in mid air, its possible that he could have ended Kobe career with a more serious injury.

There is no reason to ..

1. Not jump and block the ball but rather look down at the feet
2. Move your hip forward with a man in mid air taking a shot knowing full well he is coming down and by moving forward your foot will be there for him to land awkwardly.

But you're right.. The kick out deserve the intention to roll an ankle. Bowen did it all the time and the ankle breaker is a legit move! Oookay!

Theres a 2nd part to that rule that applies to etiquette. A player should not be stepping into a another player while in mid air taking the shot.

I bet if this was any other player, you would freak out. Especially if it was Lebron or KD. Maybe itll happen to one of them soon enough and they roll their ankle and we'll see if its a problem.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #206 (permalink)
Banned

so wait let me get this right. one dirty player is = every other dirty player

so MWP who went into the crowd and punched fans and elbowed harden after a play and a multitude of other infractions is equally dirty as Jones who has two dirty plays in his career and a third possible dirty play.

is that what you are saying? there is no spectrum of dirty play?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
If he didnt kick out his leg and Jones shoved his hip into Kobe while in mid air, its possible that he could have ended Kobe career with a more serious injury.

There is no reason to ..

1. Not jump and block the ball but rather look down at the feet
2. Move your hip forward with a man in mid air taking a shot knowing full well he is coming down and by moving forward your foot will be there for him to land awkwardly.

But you're right.. The kick out deserve the intention to roll an ankle. Bowen did it all the time and the ankle breaker is a legit move! Oookay!

Theres a 2nd part to that rule that applies to etiquette. A player should not be stepping into a another player while in mid air taking the shot.

I bet if this was any other player, you would freak out. Especially if it was Lebron or KD. Maybe itll happen to one of them soon enough and they roll their ankle and we'll see if its a problem.
1) You get better balance to land when you don't kick the leg out. You are making stuff up. People get foul/pushed when they do jump shot. For most people, they will land ok because they don't kick the leg out.

2) You don't try to jump for jump shooter. That's what most coachs would say. You don't try to foul jump shooter by jumping to them. So, Jones' defense is actually the best he can do.

3) You do know that you move your hip when you turn your body, right? That is, after seeing the shot release from kobe's hand, Jones have to turn 180 degree to check for rebound. Of course, his ass would touch Kobe sausage

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #208 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
1) You get better balance to land when you don't kick the leg out. You are making stuff up. People get foul/pushed when they do jump shot. For most people, they will land ok because they don't kick the leg out.

2) You don't try to jump for jump shooter. That's what most coachs would say. You don't try to foul jump shooter by jumping to them. So, Jones' defense is actually the best he can do.

3) You do know that you move your hip when you turn your body, right? That is, after seeing the shot release from kobe's hand, Jones have to turn 180 degree to check for rebound. Of course, his ass would touch Kobe sausage
Exactly. Bowen said it exactly how it is. Although its been proven that Bowens words were actually just ignored by members on this site.

A defender is in the space of the offensive player. that is his job/goal. jones was trying to be in kobes space thats why he stepped to him. Now did he go to far? yes and that is why it should have been a foul.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Exactly. Bowen said it exactly how it is. Although its been proven that Bowens words were actually just ignored by members on this site.

A defender is in the space of the offensive player. that is his job/goal. jones was trying to be in kobes space thats why he stepped to him. Now did he go to far? yes and that is why it should have been a foul.
I agree, also Jones did everything he could, he was two steps too late, so he got his hands in Kobe's face to block his line of sight. Had Jones jumped to block the shoot he would of fouled Kobe (especially with Kobe kicking out). I also agree it was a foul on Jone's part, to prevent Kobe from landing. Both individuals are to blame, offensive foul by Kobe and defensive foul by Jones. Thus the no-call!

P.S. OJ, I prefer 1990s player's over today's so I could care less which player it is, the only player I like from Today is Kyrie (before everyone jumped on the bandwagon).
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
so wait let me get this right. one dirty player is = every other dirty player

so MWP who went into the crowd and punched fans and elbowed harden after a play and a multitude of other infractions is equally dirty as Jones who has two dirty plays in his career and a third possible dirty play.

is that what you are saying? there is no spectrum of dirty play?
how is it your on a lakers thread all day long????????? what a joke.....
arnold84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnold84 View Post
how is it your on a lakers thread all day long????????? what a joke.....
Just start a KG or Rondo thread and see what happens.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #212 (permalink)

anyways going to change the subject for a bit......Big game tonight vs Indiana. Suprisingly Kobe is a game time decision he must have the quickest recovery time in history of sports. Hopefully he sits and gets rest and dwight dominates inside for a tough win but should be a good test regardless. Go Lakers!!!!!!
Kobe Bryant of Los Angeles Lakers a game-time decision with ankle injury - ESPN Los Angeles
arnold84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #213 (permalink)

The next time one of you guys are playing basketball, go full speed and try to shoot a fadeAway jumper without altering your shot keeping your legs stiff as a board. that is a natural movement of the leg (Which is sometimes over exaggerated) to kick out. For you guys/gals saying Kobe stuck his leg out so it was his fault Have You Ever Played Basketball? Serious question
sucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #214 (permalink)
Banned

So Kobe isn't out for the season.

That's good for the lakers.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #215 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucram View Post
The next time one of you guys are playing basketball, go full speed and try to shoot a fadeAway jumper without altering your shot keeping your legs stiff as a board. that is a natural movement of the leg (Which is sometimes over exaggerated) to kick out. For you guys/gals saying Kobe stuck his leg out so it was his fault Have You Ever Played Basketball? Serious question
Apparently there are some members on the boards that have never played in the NBA therefore they know more than NBA players, coaches and analyst. THese guys are the arm chair QBs of the HOF that know the ins and outs of the NBA because they live it, breath it and most importantly hug it.

"ive never set foot on an NBA court, nor have I ever played against NBA players. But I know more about it then the NBA players themselves..... regards, Murrke"
Old 03-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #216 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Apparently there are some members on the boards that have never played in the NBA therefore they know more than NBA players, coaches and analyst. THese guys are the arm chair QBs of the HOF that know the ins and outs of the NBA because they live it, breath it and most importantly hug it.

"ive never set foot on an NBA court, nor have I ever played against NBA players. But I know more about it then the NBA players themselves..... regards, Murrke"
You know who has? Bruce Bowen.

Yet you completely lied about what he said and made up things. Take your own advice oj.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #217 (permalink)

Bruce Bowen admitted it was a foul, but he also did say it wasn't dirty. Only one that Knows the truth is Jones. All we have are opinions
Old 03-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:

The same logic applies to you. Why are you typing so much? I assume you are not one of those NBA players anyway. Seriously, double standard. In fact, this sport came from US. Why would an "ousider" bother to comment on a US sport?

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
Old 03-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #219 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
The same logic applies to you. Why are you typing so much? I assume you are not one of those NBA players anyway. Seriously, double standard. In fact, this sport came from US. Why would an "ousider" bother to comment on a US sport?
Quoting for truth.

So you are suggesting that the NBA is an american sport and only americans can comment while calling the rest of us "Outsiders"? No team in Toronto to make it North American? No problems that it was invented by a Canadian? Just american right? Therefore ONLY americans can talk, play and watch basketball.

I love it.

10 min for Reaching too far! Arrogant much?
Old 03-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #220 (permalink)

Kobe was an "outsider" for 8 years
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
Quoting for truth.

So you are suggesting that the NBA is an american sport and only americans can comment while calling the rest of us "Outsiders"? No team in Toronto to make it North American? No problems that it was invented by a Canadian? Just american right? Therefore ONLY americans can talk, play and watch basketball.

I love it.

10 min for Reaching too far! Arrogant much?
Again, by your logic, you said only NBA player and analyst can comment on NBA game. The same faulty logic would apply to you if you want to use that as your argument. However, you have a double standard. One that you never play on a NBA game, and still comment on the game. And yet, you keep saying other people (who disagree with you) cannot make any comment to a NBA game.

I don't agree with your faulty (meaning, anyone can comment on NBA game). By that extension, you can comment on NBA game as well.

Perhaps, you are the only who can't even have a straight mind to talk right. You can't make an good argument. I can even go on and say that even if you breath with the NBA player, you don't know what other player is thinking. Just like people sleep with their wifes every night, but don't know their wifes are cheating on them. "live it, breath it and most importantly hug it" has nothing to improve your knowledge of knowing someone.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #222 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucram View Post
Bruce Bowen admitted it was a foul, but he also did say it wasn't dirty. Only one that Knows the truth is Jones. All we have are opinions
Exactly. I've stated that multiple times in this thread.

Yet somehow laker fans know it was dirty 100% fact! lol
Old 03-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #223 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Severe sprain?, what a faker.

Amazing how all these injuries disappear suddenly, just like his elbow a few weeks ago.

I bet if Dante Jones got suspended Kobe would be wearing a cast. But because he might play tonight shows how over exaggerated his injuries are, oh wait "he's a true competitor" lol

!

Last edited by tristan20; 03-15-2013 at 06:26 PM.
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #224 (permalink)

morons think the injury was fake lol

you guys really think Kobe writes all the headlines?

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #225 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
morons think the injury was fake lol

you guys really think Kobe writes all the headlines?
Oh yeah, lets blame the media for over hyping the injury, just like Laker fans over hyped the foul.

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote