Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: NCAA or NBA
NCAA 29 34.12%
NBA 56 65.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default NCAA or NBA?

I would just like to know which you prefer, NCAA or NBA. I definitely like the NCAA a lot more and I have my argument if I need to use it, but I would just like to hear your guys' opinion.
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default

I just hope the results aren't so biased because of the tournament going on right now.
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
jbmets95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 6,996
Default

hahahaah ya prob will be biased

pros and cons for me

most ppl dont watch a single second of college ball until maybe a week b4 selection sunday like the big tournys and the big east tourny

overall ncaa games are funnier to watch but i think its because there are less and 1 and ur gone and ur home

i think its fair to compared nba playoffs... but then it would be like 1 game elimination playoffs or even a 3 game series

as for actual sport.... i dont love how many timeouts in ncaa and dont like the flagarant rule

shot clock should be closer to 30 imo

but i love 1 and 1's the most...

I VOTE NCAA
__________________
http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/jbmets95/
Iman Shumpert PC --> METS Prospects --> ZWheeler, KPlawecki, DHerrera,
Football --> Ladarius Green, Christine Michael, Lamar Miller, Montee Ball, Levine Toililo, Isaiah Crowell
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
realreodeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,072
Default

NBA and its not even close. College ball is so controlled and the level of play is awful.
__________________
Piston 4 Life.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default

Here are some reasons why I am against the NBA:
- The cavs suck
- It is a battle between 2 teams and no one else has a chance because they didn't reel in any huge free agents
- The playoffs last 2 months and nobody cares by the end of it unless your team is in it
- there are no surprises
- Wayyyyyyyyy too much drama
- The refs completely favor the star players and teams. It seems as of every time Lebron drives the lane, there is automatically a foul called
- everything circles around the Miami Heat and sometimes the Lakers
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
NBA and its not even close. College ball is so controlled and the level of play is awful.
im with the nba as well, college is fun to watch during the tourney but overall 95 percent of the players cant start at the nba level and when i watch a sport i want to watch the absolute best
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcswim87 View Post
Here are some reasons why I am against the NBA:
- The cavs suck
- It is a battle between 2 teams and no one else has a chance because they didn't reel in any huge free agents
- The playoffs last 2 months and nobody cares by the end of it unless your team is in it
- there are no surprises
- Wayyyyyyyyy too much drama
- The refs completely favor the star players and teams. It seems as of every time Lebron drives the lane, there is automatically a foul called
- everything circles around the Miami Heat and sometimes the Lakers
so basically lebron left and now your bitter and hate the nba and love college, we get it cleveland fans
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcswim87 View Post
Here are some reasons why I am against the NBA:
- The cavs suck
- It is a battle between 2 teams and no one else has a chance because they didn't reel in any huge free agents
- The playoffs last 2 months and nobody cares by the end of it unless your team is in it
- there are no surprises
- Wayyyyyyyyy too much drama
- The refs completely favor the star players and teams. It seems as of every time Lebron drives the lane, there is automatically a foul called
- everything circles around the Miami Heat and sometimes the Lakers
more then 2 teams have a chance and there are surprises. i always enjoy the playoffs/finals even if my team isnt in it. the refs in college favor the home teams and stars just like in the pros. miami is one of the best teams ever assembled, ofcourse there is going to be alot of talk about them. there is always alot of talk about the best teams in the league. its just like in college when in past years all you hear about is unc, duke, ky, etc.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default

And here are some of the reasons I like the NCAA:
- The fans/spirit that goes into it
- The tournament
- The games seem to be more exciting
- anything can happen
- The upsets
- the style of play
- the ranking system (may not appeal to most people, but I like to follow up on the rankings throughout the year)
- your fate does not depend on your recruiting class (see 2012-2013 Kentucky Wildcats)
- There isn't any trading or free agency to worry about
- The Cinderellas
- My favorite team is actually good

Some of these, along with the NBA reasoning, may be opinionated, but this is an opinionated thread, so I guess it fits
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakers24 View Post
so basically lebron left and now your bitter and hate the nba and love college, we get it cleveland fans
See this is what I don't why this to turn into. Just because I am from Cleveland, does not mean I hate Lebron! And nowhere in my reasoning did I ever say that I don't like the NBA because Lebron left!
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,971
Default

Nba, not close.
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 287
Default

NBA...forsure.

Nothing like a debate at 0830 in the morning. Haven't even had my coffee yet...lol
mickey7mantle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcswim87 View Post
And here are some of the reasons I like the NCAA:
- The fans/spirit that goes into it
- The tournament
- The games seem to be more exciting
- anything can happen
- The upsets
- the style of play
- the ranking system (may not appeal to most people, but I like to follow up on the rankings throughout the year)
- your fate does not depend on your recruiting class (see 2012-2013 Kentucky Wildcats)
- There isn't any trading or free agency to worry about
- The Cinderellas
- My favorite team is actually good

Some of these, along with the NBA reasoning, may be opinionated, but this is an opinionated thread, so I guess it fits
your last reason is the only one you had to put down really, you pick college because your team you root for is good and your nba team sucks, if the cavs were still good you would be saying nba all the way
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
more then 2 teams have a chance and there are surprises. i always enjoy the playoffs/finals even if my team isnt in it. the refs in college favor the home teams and stars just like in the pros. miami is one of the best teams ever assembled, ofcourse there is going to be alot of talk about them. there is always alot of talk about the best teams in the league. its just like in college when in past years all you hear about is unc, duke, ky, etc.
I probably used the wrong word when I said "no one care by the end of it," but I guess I am haut speaking for everyone else. As for the statement you made about the college teams being highlighted, they are in no way being featured as much as the Heat or Lakers. I have never seen a .500 team get so much attention. And it is that kind of drama that steers me away.
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
rojallad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 3,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcswim87 View Post
Here are some reasons why I am against the NBA:
- The cavs suck
- It is a battle between 2 teams and no one else has a chance because they didn't reel in any huge free agents
- The playoffs last 2 months and nobody cares by the end of it unless your team is in it
- there are no surprises
- Wayyyyyyyyy too much drama
- The refs completely favor the star players and teams. It seems as of every time Lebron drives the lane, there is automatically a foul called
- everything circles around the Miami Heat and sometimes the Lakers


All the reason that you mentioned make me hate NBA. I will add in my general disdain for Lamebron ( not questioning talent, just hate "look at me" a holes). The last NBA game I watched was Game 5 of the 2004 finals.

NCAA is by far and a way a better game to watch. The drama lies in e game itself, not with the overpaid egotists who think they actually make a meaningful contribution to humanity.
__________________
I hate eBay
rojallad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakers24 View Post
your last reason is the only one you had to put down really, you pick college because your team you root for is good and your nba team sucks, if the cavs were still good you would be saying nba all the way
You could say that I guess. However, I can sit down and watch a random college basketball game such as Indiana vs. Illinois or something like that and not get bored. In the NBA I can't watch the grizzlies play the sixers without hanging the channel. Once again, this whole thread is based off of opinion, so it will differ from person to person
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
realreodeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcswim87 View Post
And here are some of the reasons I like the NCAA:
- The fans/spirit that goes into it
- The tournament
- The games seem to be more exciting
- anything can happen
- The upsets
- the style of play
- the ranking system (may not appeal to most people, but I like to follow up on the rankings throughout the year)
- your fate does not depend on your recruiting class (see 2012-2013 Kentucky Wildcats)
- There isn't any trading or free agency to worry about
- The Cinderellas
- My favorite team is actually good

Some of these, along with the NBA reasoning, may be opinionated, but this is an opinionated thread, so I guess it fits
So you think Duke, Conneticut or Ohio St playing teams like SE Oklahoma St, Eastern Washington or other crappy teams is fun to watch and "Exciting". I'm not saying you are wrong because there is no wrong answer but many of your points are narrow minded.

By the way you say there are only 2 teams that are contenders for the championship in the NBA? Last I checked the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Nuggets and Pacers all have a shot. Plus if you ask most of the NY and LA people in this forum they will wholeheartedly say the Knicks and Lakers are also in the group.
__________________
Piston 4 Life.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
So you think Duke, Conneticut or Ohio St playing teams like SE Oklahoma St, Eastern Washington or other crappy teams is fun to watch and "Exciting". I'm not saying you are wrong because there is no wrong answer but many of your points are narrow minded.

By the way you say there are only 2 teams that are contenders for the championship in the NBA? Last I checked the Heat, Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies, Nuggets and Pacers all have a shot. Plus if you ask most of the NY and LA people in this forum they will wholeheartedly say the Knicks and Lakers are also in the group.
You actually brought up one of the problems I have with college ball: the out of conference schedule. I agree that this the biggest flaw of college basketball, however it is also the least important. The season only gets better as it goes along, and the games start to mean a lot more when you get into your conference schedule and eventually the tournament. So I guess what I am trying to say is that all of those boring games against SE Oklahoma St pay off in the end with all of these exciting games at the end.

Also, there is a difference between regular season contenders and actual contenders. The spurs an amazing regular season team with a great coach and leadership, however I think we have all seen what happens to them in the playoff. I think the same could be said for the nuggets. I will accept the clippers as a true contender and I think this is their first real season at the top. They could actually do something
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/

Last edited by jtcswim87; 03-24-2013 at 10:57 AM.
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
bmf
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
NBA and its not even close.
fo sho!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
realreodeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcswim87 View Post
You actually brought up one of the problems I have with college ball: the out of conference schedule. I agree that this the biggest flaw of college basketball, however it is also the least important. The season only gets better as it goes along, and the games start to mean a lot more when you get into your conference schedule and eventually the tournament. So I guess what I am trying to say is that all of those boring games against SE Oklahoma St pay off in the end with all of these exciting games at the end.

Also, there is a difference between regular season contenders and actual contenders. The spurs an amazing regular season team with a great coach and leadership, however I think we have all seen what happens to them in the playoff. I think the same could be said for the nuggets. I will accept the clippers as a true contender and I think this is their first real season at the top. They could actually do something
The Spurs have won 4 championships so yes, we have seen what they can do in the playoffs. Also teams like the Nuggets, Grizzlies and Clippers are what makes the NBA playoffs so dramatic. Anything can happen when you have a stout defensive team like the Grizzlies or Lob City lead by the best PG in the NBA. Then you have a team like the Nuggets who just can't lose at home and remind me a lot of the 2003-04 Pistons that beat the Powerful Lakers. No one saw that coming, right. So as you can see I would have to disagree with much of what you said. The proof is in the pudding.
__________________
Piston 4 Life.

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/rr27/realreodeal/
realreodeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 287
Default

This is by far the most exciting season since MJ retired...that's s fact...lol
mickey7mantle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
The Spurs have won 4 championships so yes, we have seen what they can do in the playoffs. Also teams like the Nuggets, Grizzlies and Clippers are what makes the NBA playoffs so dramatic. Anything can happen when you have a stout defensive team like the Grizzlies or Lob City lead by the best PG in the NBA. Then you have a team like the Nuggets who just can't lose at home and remind me a lot of the 2003-04 Pistons that beat the Powerful Lakers. No one saw that coming, right. So as you can see I would have to disagree with much of what you said. The proof is in the pudding.
thank you, excellent points!!!!
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Default

Man NCAA most def. NBA is just sad. No one really cares about it compared to the NfL. People forgot they were even locked out lol.
__________________
Collecting DC teams !
Redskins ! Wizards ! Nationals !
Bozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 2,160
Default

Better overall: NBA

Better IMO: NCAA and its not close
__________________
For Sale Bucket: http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j358/jand8791/Cards%20for%20Sale/
Current Wantlist: Tiger Woods autographed framed memorabilia, Autograph baseballs of H. Killebrew, R. Carew, K. Puckett, B. Blyleven, M. Kemp, C. Kershaw, S. Castro, E. Longoria, and R. Cano. Must be from reputable authenticators (JSA, UDA, Steiner, etc.)
jand8791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
jtcswim87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, OHIO
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realreodeal View Post
The Spurs have won 4 championships so yes, we have seen what they can do in the playoffs. Also teams like the Nuggets, Grizzlies and Clippers are what makes the NBA playoffs so dramatic. Anything can happen when you have a stout defensive team like the Grizzlies or Lob City lead by the best PG in the NBA. Then you have a team like the Nuggets who just can't lose at home and remind me a lot of the 2003-04 Pistons that beat the Powerful Lakers. No one saw that coming, right. So as you can see I would have to disagree with much of what you said. The proof is in the pudding.
In their prime the spurs were amazing. The game has caught up to them. They have consistently been at the top of every regular season since 2007, but can't finish. I know that they used to be a huge championship threat every year, however I don't think they have the stamina to outlast a full season anymore
__________________
Tribe fan Collecting Hanley Ramirez, Jason Kipnis, and Cleveland Indians
http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p483/jtcswim87/
jtcswim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.