Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakers24 View Post
they are the most exciting teams/players to talk about in the league (lebron and kobe are all time greats, heat just got done with a 27 game win streak, the celtics are playing good ball without their star pg, and the lakers who stacked up with talent and everyone predicted to win the west are in danger of missing the playoffs completely) but yeah your right where are the hornets and bobcats threads, thats good conversation there
Who says they are the most exciting? That would be a matter of opinion so you need to learn to make it more clear, I would rather watch Durant over LeBron.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
He probably could. So could any #1 player on any team. The point is its possible for a ton of players. Durant could do it. Kobe could do it. Westbrook could do it, etc..

Im not a lebron hater. Im a lebron fan dismayer! I think lebron is the best player in the league hands down. I give him respect for what he does and has done. What I wont do is accept giving him accolades for what he hasnt done and more importantly I will not accept an excuse for his wrong doings based on the straw man argument that "others do it all the time".

If Lebron scores 50 pts in a game, great! Kudos to him. I wont call him a ball hog or a shelfish player. Thats up to him. It just gets out of hand when people start saying he can do it, but he hasnt done it. Big difference.

I could be a billionaire if I wanted to. But im not!
You know, I'm one of those people that believe that if Lebron took 25 shots a game for a season he'd probably 36 points a game and lead the league in scoring.

But you bring up a good point. People do give Lebron a lot of credit for things he hasn't done.

At one point or another I've heard.
*Lebron could lead the league in scoring if he wanted
*Lebron could lead the league in assists if he wanted
*Lebron could lead the league in rebounds if he wanted
*Lebron could be the best defender in the league if he wanted
*Lebron could probably average a triple double if he wanted


There are a lot of ifs in that discussion. But the truth is, Lebron is a 27, 7 and 7 player who is an above average defender.

Those are great numbers obviously, but I think we should talk about what he is rather than what he could be if he wanted
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Who says they are the most exciting? That would be a matter of opinion so you need to learn to make it more clear, I would rather watch Durant over LeBron.
ok so no more heat, lebron, kobe, lakers, celtics threads...what exactly would you like to talk about in the nba?
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakers24 View Post
ok so no more heat, lebron, kobe, lakers, celtics threads...what exactly would you like to talk about in the nba?
Everything. My favorite is buzzer beaters, especially from half court and full court. Of course dunks are fun to watch.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Everything. My favorite is buzzer beaters, especially from half court and full court. Of course dunks are fun to watch.
so you want threads on half court shots and dunks? Threads on awesome dunks/cool shots are made when they happen, see deandre jordan vs brandon knight. Any other brilliant ideas besides getting rid of heat, lebron, kobe, lakers, celtics threads? Maybe awesome screens set by big guys? That would be awesome
8lakers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
You know, I'm one of those people that believe that if Lebron took 25 shots a game for a season he'd probably 36 points a game and lead the league in scoring.

But you bring up a good point. People do give Lebron a lot of credit for things he hasn't done.

At one point or another I've heard.
*Lebron could lead the league in scoring if he wanted
*Lebron could lead the league in assists if he wanted
*Lebron could lead the league in rebounds if he wanted
*Lebron could be the best defender in the league if he wanted
*Lebron could probably average a triple double if he wanted


There are a lot of ifs in that discussion. But the truth is, Lebron is a 27, 7 and 7 player who is an above average defender.

Those are great numbers obviously, but I think we should talk about what he is rather than what he could be if he wanted
This is a great point. There are a few players who could have put up ridiculous numbers IF THEY WANTED, but in reality they're only as accomplished as what they've actually done.
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
You know, I'm one of those people that believe that if Lebron took 25 shots a game for a season he'd probably 36 points a game and lead the league in scoring.

But you bring up a good point. People do give Lebron a lot of credit for things he hasn't done.

At one point or another I've heard.
*Lebron could lead the league in scoring if he wanted
*Lebron could lead the league in assists if he wanted
*Lebron could lead the league in rebounds if he wanted
*Lebron could be the best defender in the league if he wanted
*Lebron could probably average a triple double if he wanted


There are a lot of ifs in that discussion. But the truth is, Lebron is a 27, 7 and 7 player who is an above average defender.

Those are great numbers obviously, but I think we should talk about what he is rather than what he could be if he wanted
yes this only happens with lebron fans...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
yes this only happens with lebron fans...
Where did I say this only happens with Lebron fans?

This is a Lebron thread, so of course I'm talking about Lebron
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Where did I say this only happens with Lebron fans?

This is a Lebron thread, so of course I'm talking about Lebron
no you are actually talking about Lebron fans.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Ok, well why would I mention Durant fans or Kobe fans or Kirk Hinirch fans in a Lebron thread.

Clearly what I post relates to Lebron since this thread is about lebron.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Ok, well why would I mention Durant fans or Kobe fans or Kirk Hinirch fans in a Lebron thread.

Clearly what I post relates to Lebron since this thread is about lebron.
I mean all player fans do the same thing so why are you so shocked and feel the need to point it out?

For someone that doesn't like people posting in threads of teams they don't root for you sure seem to post in a lot of heat and Lebron threads being negative.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I mean all player fans do the same thing so why are you so shocked and feel the need to point it out?

For someone that doesn't like people posting in threads of teams they don't root for you sure seem to post in a lot of heat and Lebron threads being negative.
You're so caught up in trolling you don't even know what you're saying anymore. I've been very complimentary to Lebron in the two Lebron threads. I'm not trolling them.

If I say 6 very nice things about Lebron and make one comment about how a lot of Lebron fans say if he wanted he could do a lot of things, that makes me a troll?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
You're so caught up in trolling you don't even know what you're saying anymore. I've been very complimentary to Lebron in the two Lebron threads. I'm not trolling them.

If I say 6 very nice things about Lebron and make one comment about how a lot of Lebron fans say if he wanted he could do a lot of things, that makes me a troll?
It doesnt matter if you say 100 positive comments. It is the 1 negative comment Lebron fans can't handle..

I'm a big Celtics fan but when Rondo had his assist streak I said he was passing up shots he should take...Most times I love his unselfishness but he was overdoing it.

Why can't many fans of other NBA stars admit when their favorite players does something wrong or isn't the best at something? I don't get it. Wish people could see the world without being bias and wearing homer googles. This thread and other recent Lebron threads have showed that the majority of his fans can't stand any negative criticism. Fans like this come across as foolish and narrow minded. It's okay people your favorite player can make mistakes.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
It doesnt matter if you say 100 positive comments. It is the 1 negative comment Lebron fans can't handle..

I'm a big Celtics fan but when Rondo had his assist streak I said he was passing up shots he should take...Most times I love his unselfishness but he was overdoing it.

Why can't many fans of other NBA stars admit when their favorite players does something wrong or isn't the best at something? I don't get it. Wish people could see the world without being bias and wearing homer googles. This thread and other recent Lebron threads have showed that the majority of his fans can't stand any negative criticism. Fans like this come across as foolish and narrow minded. It's okay people your favorite player can make mistakes.
Yep, I'm a huge Bulls fan and I've been critical of Derrick Rose.

I've also posted when I thought Kobe was making poor decisions.


I actually thought I was being good in these threads and not trying to troll at all ha.

Guess I'll just stay away from any basketball discussion involving Lebron or the Heat
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Yep, I'm a huge Bulls fan and I've been critical of Derrick Rose.

I've also posted when I thought Kobe was making poor decisions.


I actually thought I was being good in these threads and not trying to troll at all ha.

Guess I'll just stay away from any basketball discussion involving Lebron or the Heat
I don't see the reason why to avoid Heat or Lebron threads. People should post opinions from both sides as long as the posts are not outlandish and trolling. Just because Lebron fans get mad isn't a reason to not post.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lakers24 View Post
so you want threads on half court shots and dunks? Threads on awesome dunks/cool shots are made when they happen, see deandre jordan vs brandon knight. Any other brilliant ideas besides getting rid of heat, lebron, kobe, lakers, celtics threads? Maybe awesome screens set by big guys? That would be awesome
Yes, I also would rather just see ONE heat/ LeBron thread. Same goes for Celtics and Lakers, why is there a need for numerous threads on same topic? Is it really that hard to understand?
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Yes, I also would rather just see ONE heat/ LeBron thread. Same goes for Celtics and Lakers, why is there a need for numerous threads on same topic? Is it really that hard to understand?
Problem is some of the people on your ignore list get the threads closed....
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Lol so like when I have the rest if the lakers team praise for winning yet I was hating on Kobe. Must be fun living in the egotistical hypocrite zone.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
johncaso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bronx , ny
Posts: 829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
You know, I'm one of those people that believe that if Lebron took 25 shots a game for a season he'd probably 36 points a game and lead the league in scoring.

But you bring up a good point. People do give Lebron a lot of credit for things he hasn't done.

At one point or another I've heard.
*Lebron could lead the league in scoring if he wanted
*Lebron could lead the league in assists if he wanted
*Lebron could lead the league in rebounds if he wanted
*Lebron could be the best defender in the league if he wanted
*Lebron could probably average a triple double if he wanted


There are a lot of ifs in that discussion. But the truth is, Lebron is a 27, 7 and 7 player who is an above average defender.

Those are great numbers obviously, but I think we should talk about what he is rather than what he could be if he wanted
No one else can come close to those numbers and he's better than just an above average defender
johncaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Problem is some of the people on your ignore list get the threads closed....
Sadly I know, odd that the one's that get threads closed don't realize it. I thought this site and sports were meant to enjoy now they turn into a internet war they can't/don't want to losr.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,707
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Sadly I know, odd that the one's that get threads closed don't realize it. I thought this site and sports were meant to enjoy now they turn into a internet war they can't/don't want to losr.
Its the guys that constantly trash members because of their opinions, and rather than talk sports, take it to a personal level.

They are the ones that kill threads. One thing to defend your team / bash another team, but when you start bashing the person that is supporting his team. That should not be allowed.

And there are certain members that constantly do it.
__________________
!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Its the guys that constantly trash members because of their opinions, and rather than talk sports, take it to a personal level.

They are the ones that kill threads. One thing to defend your team / bash another team, but when you start bashing the person that is supporting his team. That should not be allowed.

And there are certain members that constantly do it.
Yeah like you only collect Cookie Monster exquisites cause you can't afford a Jordan.

Or too bad that loser that collects reece Gaines has a crappy collection of a scrub!

Lol
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Its the guys that constantly trash members because of their opinions, and rather than talk sports, take it to a personal level.

They are the ones that kill threads. One thing to defend your team / bash another team, but when you start bashing the person that is supporting his team. That should not be allowed.

And there are certain members that constantly do it.
I know, I have said a few times I respect what LeBron has done on the court but I disagree with what he has said and I'm a hater. I could be wrong but I doubt a hater would want to add a LeBron autograph to his collection. Granted it is a dual with VC.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Its the guys that constantly trash members because of their opinions, and rather than talk sports, take it to a personal level.

They are the ones that kill threads. One thing to defend your team / bash another team, but when you start bashing the person that is supporting his team. That should not be allowed.

And there are certain members that constantly do it.
This point is spot on. If you question or post something negative about someone's favorite team or player they suddenly have to start insulating you...
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
This point is spot on. If you question or post something negative about someone's favorite team or player they suddenly have to start insulating you...
I think part of it is that you get a feel for certain members on here and know their agenda.

Like some members on here that you know hate Kobe for instance won't say anything when he's playing well, but as soon as he has a bad game, post in the Lakers thread asking something like "how did Kobe do tonight, I didn't see the game"
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.