Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
I think part of it is that you get a feel for certain members on here and know their agenda.

Like some members on here that you know hate Kobe for instance won't say anything when he's playing well, but as soon as he has a bad game, post in the Lakers thread asking something like "how did Kobe do tonight, I didn't see the game"
Certain people have certain agendas when they post. After being here for a few weeks you can teach which users feel a certain way about a player. Who they don't like or who is there favorite becomes very clear.... I understand people have a favorite team and player. I do just like everyone else. I'm a Celtics fan and Paul Pierce is my favorite players. Is he as good as James, Durant, or akobe right now? No. I can accept that. The problem is other users can't accept that their favorite lplayer or team may not be the best or do everything perfect. This s sports no one is perfect even the best players of teams.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Certain people have certain agendas when they post. After being here for a few weeks you can teach which users feel a certain way about a player. Who they don't like or who is there favorite becomes very clear.... I understand people have a favorite team and player. I do just like everyone else. I'm a Celtics fan and Paul Pierce is my favorite players. Is he as good as James, Durant, or akobe right now? No. I can accept that. The problem is other users can't accept that their favorite lplayer or team may not be the best or do everything perfect. This s sports no one is perfect even the best players of teams.
Yeah I agree with this. I can admit my favorite players short-comings, but it's kind of annoying when you go into a team thread and see people post with the sole intention of trying to troll.

I admit that I've been a retaliatory troll before, but for instance, my first post in this thread wasn't meant to troll at all, and people get up in arms about it
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Yeah I agree with this. I can admit my favorite players short-comings, but it's kind of annoying when you go into a team thread and see people post with the sole intention of trying to troll.

I admit that I've been a retaliatory troll before, but for instance, my first post in this thread wasn't meant to troll at all, and people get up in arms about it
When some members comment on your posts it maybe better to just let them go... They won't ever change their kinds or admit when they are incorrect. They will continue to bicker and point out and small problem in your argument even if the large general idea is correct.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Why don't you move on.

You claim innocence yet continue to bait? What do you call that?

Last edited by murrke03; 03-30-2013 at 08:17 PM.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
You guys really are acting childish. Why don't you move on instead of gossiping like the real housewives of Beverly Hills.

You claim innocence yet continue to bait? What do you call that?
I don't see how we are acting childish when we are discussing what we see as problems with some users on this site. Being childish would be calling out or naming certain members which we haven't. We're not baiting anyone. I'm not sure why you feel like you had to chime in....
Old 03-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I don't see how we are acting childish when we are discussing what we see as problems with some users on this site. Being childish would be calling out or naming certain members which we haven't. We're not baiting anyone. I'm not sure why you feel like you had to chime in....
Is this a talk about the problems of the site thread?

Go make one if you are the perfect little member and want to discuss it.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Is this a talk about the problems of the site thread?

Go make one if you are the perfect little member and want to discuss it.
Obviously you have a personal opinion about me that isn't positive.....if you think I'm doing someone detrimental to the site please report me to the mods.

You seem to be taking what I say personally like I called you out. You have a guilty conscious of something?
Old 03-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Obviously you have a personal opinion about me that isn't positive.....if you think I'm doing someone detrimental to the site please report me to the mods.

You seem to be taking what I say personally like I called you out. You have a guilty conscious of something?
No you are high jacking a thread and baiting members.

I have no opinion about you. I could care less.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
No you are high jacking a thread and baiting members.

I have no opinion about you. I could care less.
Like I said please report me if you think I'm doing something wrong....I'm not baiting anyone or thread hijacking....if you didn't care about what I say why did you start commenting on my posts that weren't directed to you? Odd...

You don't agree that one of the problems on this site is people making things personal and trolling?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
When some members comment on your posts it maybe better to just let them go... They won't ever change their kinds or admit when they are incorrect. They will continue to bicker and point out and small problem in your argument even if the large general idea is correct.
Perhaps you are right.

I've already hashed things out with a member on here where we used to bicker. Just no point in it on an internet message board.

Intelligent debates between two people with different opinions can be fun and interesting, but usually intelligence is the furthest thing from those arguments, with myself included in some of those
Old 03-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

So who watched Lebron last night?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So who watched Lebron last night?
I did. Why?