Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Weird Test Proof Kobe/Malone co-signers...

1997 98 Stadium Club Kobe Bryant Karl Malone Co Signers Test Auto Lakers RARE La | eBay

Seller seems to have a lot of unsigned 1/1 superfractors. Guessing must have a topps backdoor connection of some sort?

Always buying Highend Items: PhotoBucket:
http://s1176.beta.photobucket.com/user/PACARDS/library/
Prospectorsadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Won't this just end up having someone put fake signatures on it?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Won't this just end up having someone put fake signatures on it?
Yes, almost definitely. Scary thought since this even has the Autograph stamp on it.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/coltsfan23
http://www.flickr.com/photos/112087390@N03/sets/72157638871019534/
coltsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

These are bad news, the cosigners will be so easy to fake, and the supers almost make me sick. YIKES
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
These are bad news, the cosigners will be so easy to fake, and the supers almost make me sick. YIKES
You can put a sticker from a $1 card to those supers

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

CO2 blank card:
1997 98 Stadium Club Hakeem Olajuwon Juwan Howard Co Signers Test Auto Rockets | eBay
Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I see absolutely nothing wrong with these. The auction states test cards. Whats the issue?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I see absolutely nothing wrong with these. The auction states test cards. Whats the issue?
The issue is that with the amount of scammers around these days, someone is likely to buy them, put fake signatures on them, and then sell them off as legit.
How is that hard to see?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
The issue is that with the amount of scammers around these days, someone is likely to buy them, put fake signatures on them, and then sell them off as legit.
How is that hard to see?
Hypocrisy at its best. You cant control what other people do.

The seller is stating its a test. If someone else decides to pull a stunt, thats up to them. The seller has done his part.

Stop replying to my post. Its evident that the business is full of scams. Just a shame you pick and choose which ones to crucify while ignore the rest.

Like you with other scams, I see nothing wrong with this seller selling "LEGIT TEST" proofs. He has done his part in stating they are test cards.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Hypocrisy at its best. You cant control what other people do.

The seller is stating its a test. If someone else decides to pull a stunt, thats up to them. The seller has done his part.

Stop replying to my post. Its evident that the business is full of scams. Just a shame you pick and choose which ones to crucify while ignore the rest.

Like you with other scams, I see nothing wrong with this seller selling "LEGIT TEST" proofs. He has done his part in stating they are test cards.
No, but selling things like this clearly helps them get out into the market and aids scammers. You seemed to not be able to understand this, and when I point it out you rage at me?
It is irresponsible to sell these.

It's like someone selling a gun to a child, and because it's clearly stated as a gun they shouldn't be accountable for what the child does with it??
Old 04-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No, but selling things like this clearly helps them get out into the market and aids scammers. You seemed to not be able to understand this, and when I point it out you rage at me?
It is irresponsible to sell these.

It's like someone selling a gun to a child, and because it's clearly stated as a gun they shouldn't be accountable for what the child does with it??
Didnt you sell a fake patch card to someone? Even after knowing it was fake? How is this different?

You dont get it do you. The seller is doing his part by stating it as a test. What happens there after is not his doing. Selling guns to a minor is against the law. Selling a Test sheet on ebay is not against any law that I know.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Didnt you sell a fake patch card to someone? Even after knowing it was fake? How is this different?
Didn't you try to acquire said fake patch card?

I sold it to him for a massive loss on the promise that he wouldn't sell it, because he only wanted it for the auto. That's how it's different, you bitter fool.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Didn't you try to acquire said fake patch card?

I sold it to him for a massive loss on the promise that he wouldn't sell it, because he only wanted it for the auto. That's how it's different, you bitter fool.
Buying it is totally different than selling it KNOWINGLY that it is fake. Do you even know what I would have done with it?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Buying it is totally different than selling it KNOWINGLY that it is fake. Do you even know what I would have done with it?
How could I? Did you tell me?

Hmm, choices - sell to someone clearly with personal issues, or sell to someone who gave me a promise. Pretty easy decision there. Looks like both would have been the wrong one though...
Old 04-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
How could I? Did you tell me?

Hmm, choices - sell to someone clearly with personal issues, or sell to someone who gave me a promise. Pretty easy decision there. Looks like both would have been the wrong one though...
People still sell to you eventhough you are major personal issues. I dont get your point.

This guy is selling a test proof, just like you sold a fake patch. See nothing wrong with it !! He is stating its a proof.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

OJ
seller didnt do anything wrong.
It is scary for us collectors to know that there are "Blank" auto cards lying around.... someone can fake auto it and lots of us wont even know it...

There are some Exquisites cards that was Non numbered too.... do you guys know anything about those?
yaoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoming View Post
OJ
seller didnt do anything wrong.
It is scary for us collectors to know that there are "Blank" auto cards lying around.... someone can fake auto it and lots of us wont even know it...

There are some Exquisites cards that was Non numbered too.... do you guys know anything about those?
The exquisite patch autos with no numbering were replacements that were backdoored from UD. People buy and sell them.

The seller here is stating it to be a "proof" card. He is doing his part. What happens from there on in, is not his concern. I used to fight this fight, but since the loopholes have opened up for double standards, I no long care.

I see nothing wrong with stating the truth and selling the card. We cannot control what other people "MIGHT" do. Just like what people say around here... "Buyer beware"
Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Jef

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with stating the truth and selling the card. We cannot control what other people "MIGHT" do. Just like what people say around here... "Buyer beware"

i'm inclined to agree. for a bryant or malone collector this would be a nice piece with actual value and scarcity, and it is being sold honestly and with (presumably) honest intentions.

unfortunately we just live in a world where some people buy cold medicine for colds and some buy it to make meth.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
People still sell to you eventhough you are major personal issues. I dont get your point.

This guy is selling a test proof, just like you sold a fake patch. See nothing wrong with it !! He is stating its a proof.
"People still sell to you eventhough you are major personal issues." - um, what?

Firstly, I hardly buy anything anymore. Secondly, huh? Use English.

The guy is selling a card that without a shadow of a doubt, will end up with fake sigs. Just like those Topps ones (McDonalds or photoshoot, can't remember) that stated autograph but didn't have one on them. He shouldn't be allowed to sell these on ebay, just like those other Topps ones, because of things like moral obligations - letting these out into the hobby via the most worldwide method possible. Ebay is wrong for letting him sell them, but they won't notice and won't care. Everything is about $$ these days, morals be damned.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
"People still sell to you eventhough you are major personal issues." - um, what?

Firstly, I hardly buy anything anymore. Secondly, huh? Use English.

The guy is selling a card that without a shadow of a doubt, will end up with fake sigs. Just like those Topps ones (McDonalds or photoshoot, can't remember) that stated autograph but didn't have one on them. He shouldn't be allowed to sell these on ebay, just like those other Topps ones, because of things like moral obligations - letting these out into the hobby via the most worldwide method possible. Ebay is wrong for letting him sell them, but they won't notice and won't care. Everything is about $$ these days, morals be damned.
You really expect ebay to check every single auction listed there? Seriously?

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
Old 04-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
You really expect ebay to check every single auction listed there? Seriously?
I don't expect them to do anything, no.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

I have no dog in this fight, but what about the Topps Football Tallboys from this year (I think it's Chrome) where it states on the back that "the auto on the front of this card is guaranteed by Topps. It was an error on Topps' part that the base version of those cards had that on them.....so using your logic, should no one ever be able to sell those cards too??

Just curious.
Gurds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurds View Post
I have no dog in this fight, but what about the Topps Football Tallboys from this year (I think it's Chrome) where it states on the back that "the auto on the front of this card is guaranteed by Topps. It was an error on Topps' part that the base version of those cards had that on them.....so using your logic, should no one ever be able to sell those cards too??

Just curious.
In an ideal world they should be recalled, or never released.
Things which can be manipulated to be passed off as real when they are not, should not be allowed to be sold IMO.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
In an ideal world they should be recalled, or never released.
Things which can be manipulated to be passed off as real when they are not, should not be allowed to be sold IMO.
I'm sorry, but "ideal world" is making me laugh.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Bump to the top. Check these out:

1997 98 Stadium Club Co Signers Kobe Bryant Karl Malone CO1 | eBay

1997 98 Stadium Club Co Signers Kobe Bryant Joe Smith CO11 | eBay

Is it possible that these were the proof cards?