Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The Good Guys of BO comp - V2

Some may remember a comp I did a fair while back which was aimed at focussing on the good deeds people do for each other around here. Basically, I am looking for people to post about something that someone has done for you that is over and above the normal day to day deals and actions of the boards.

For example, some may have sent you a PC card for free, or may have pointed you to an auction for a card you have been hunting for a while, or just may have been a great person to talk to!

I will choose a winner from all the posts over the next few days and send a card to both the poster and the person they are posting about!

Just a way to look at the positive parts of the site again!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

A member hallco sent me a small flat rate box of cards of my pc players for free! Great guy always goes above and beyond. He should win! Helps me in deals and always sends free stuff. Thanks for the contest.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Tnarg sent me a gold prizm /10 of him.

I had been chasing that card ever since prizm came out
(Haiku)he's the hero blowout deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight.-BoxBreaker72
ronaldo943 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Big shoutout to drob50 for contacting me via pm for a TC Jonas Valanciunas rookie roll call auto /5 without his help I would have never imagined I would get this close even though I am still 1 card away from it's completion but in my mind it's already done. I hope your knee is treating you good buddy! and you were right they do look nicer in hand then in scans.

Last edited by siumaisifu; 04-09-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: just some editing
siumaisifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Definitely going to Nino_013. Dude has been huge helping me with my Melo PC. Even though he collects Carmelo he has kept an eye out for me and pointed me in the direction of rare cards I need even before he has them. Honestly can't thank the dude enough. He has been awesome and turned into a great friend from it as well.

Also definitely gotta be santosdegollado. He has been collecting longer than me and had some melo cards that I still needed. He agreed to sell them to me to help me try and complete my chase. Huge thanks and shoutout to him for that. He also collects melo and was willing to short his PC to help mine out.

There have been a few others helping me, but they definitely went above and beyond. My melo collection wouldn't be anywhere near what it is without those two
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Drob50 is a great guy and was willing to bend over backwards helping me complete a super high end deal in his native Australia.

Alex Lazarevich is another great member. He always gives it straight, hooks you up with extra PC cards and ALWAYS takes the time to respond to posts and PMs and answer questions regarding anything in this 'hobby'
Old 04-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

3 quick individual posts...

mrlaker --> was looking to sell the cavs in a 12 box case select gb and he told me a story about how he got the redskins in 2 fball nt breaks and was given great offers like me...
basically he convinced me to keep them and think about the positives outweighing the negatives and how id be kicking myself if i sold them...

long story short out of the blue helped me out and told me his opinion

78yankees --> i asked him about 2 days ago if a shumpert new select auto was ft/fs
knowing i pc'ed shumpert he said he would send me the card no prob askin me for my addy

well appreciated and so not necessary but very thankful and nice deed

lastly,

drob50 --> posted on my thread when i was looking for distinctive ink prestige auto sets that he had the gordon hayward... i didnt have any pp at the time and could only trade and he offered to send me for free and asked for my addy

so unnecessary and very appreciative once again....

thanks all 3 of these members
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Haahahahahaahaha wow this is funny didnt put 2 and 2 together that this is ur thread drob50.... o well thanks anyway for the hayward auto that i prob will get soon!!!!
lol thats funny.... another great gesture to give out more cards haahahah
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbulldogs1010 View Post
A member hallco sent me a small flat rate box of cards of my pc players for free! Great guy always goes above and beyond. He should win! Helps me in deals and always sends free stuff. Thanks for the contest.
Great stuff! Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo943 View Post
Tnarg sent me a gold prizm /10 of him.

I had been chasing that card ever since prizm came out
Was the Gold Prizm of himself?? lol
Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siumaisifu View Post
Big shoutout to drob50 for contacting me via pm for a TC Jonas Valanciunas rookie roll call auto /5 without his help I would have never imagined I would get this close even though I am still 1 card away from it's completion but in my mind it's already done. I hope your knee is treating you good buddy! and you were right they do look nicer in hand then in scans.
You're welcome! And they sure do, I recently got the Kawhi green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
Definitely going to Nino_013. Dude has been huge helping me with my Melo PC. Even though he collects Carmelo he has kept an eye out for me and pointed me in the direction of rare cards I need even before he has them. Honestly can't thank the dude enough. He has been awesome and turned into a great friend from it as well.

Also definitely gotta be santosdegollado. He has been collecting longer than me and had some melo cards that I still needed. He agreed to sell them to me to help me try and complete my chase. Huge thanks and shoutout to him for that. He also collects melo and was willing to short his PC to help mine out.

There have been a few others helping me, but they definitely went above and beyond. My melo collection wouldn't be anywhere near what it is without those two
Agreed! Nino is a great guy!!
And that is pretty good of santos too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440shane View Post
Drob50 is a great guy and was willing to bend over backwards helping me complete a super high end deal in his native Australia.

Alex Lazarevich is another great member. He always gives it straight, hooks you up with extra PC cards and ALWAYS takes the time to respond to posts and PMs and answer questions regarding anything in this 'hobby'
Awesome! Thanks shane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
3 quick individual posts...

mrlaker --> was looking to sell the cavs in a 12 box case select gb and he told me a story about how he got the redskins in 2 fball nt breaks and was given great offers like me...
basically he convinced me to keep them and think about the positives outweighing the negatives and how id be kicking myself if i sold them...

long story short out of the blue helped me out and told me his opinion

78yankees --> i asked him about 2 days ago if a shumpert new select auto was ft/fs
knowing i pc'ed shumpert he said he would send me the card no prob askin me for my addy

well appreciated and so not necessary but very thankful and nice deed

lastly,

drob50 --> posted on my thread when i was looking for distinctive ink prestige auto sets that he had the gordon hayward... i didnt have any pp at the time and could only trade and he offered to send me for free and asked for my addy

so unnecessary and very appreciative once again....

thanks all 3 of these members
Great effort by all those guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
Haahahahahaahaha wow this is funny didnt put 2 and 2 together that this is ur thread drob50.... o well thanks anyway for the hayward auto that i prob will get soon!!!!
lol thats funny.... another great gesture to give out more cards haahahah
hahaha! Too funny! And yeah, it should arrive any minute now! lol
Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm going to mention Derek (dmogull)!

He held a comp a little while back that I happened to win. The prize was huge, including Rose and MJ GU's, some other individual cards and heaps of base sets from releases I never got to see (prior to me getting back into the hobby)

Even though I am in Australia, he refused to accept any money to help with the extra postage and when it arrived I saw that it cost him $50 to send! WOW!

Very generous!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

It looks like drob is going to win his own contest
(Haiku)he's the hero blowout deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...a dark knight.-BoxBreaker72
ronaldo943 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo943 View Post
It looks like drob is going to win his own contest
hahaha! It is backfiring! lol

But I have banned myself from entering!

I know there are HEAPS of great gestures that go unmentioned around here, so there will definitely be more posts!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

tamar3504 recently sent me a surprise Easter gift. It was very cool of him and totally unexpected.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default Lots of great members on here

I hope to become friends with all of you guys. New member and all but have already experienced great chats and help from members for my Ibaka PC and a westbrook I recently purchased. Shoots out to rookies and secbigazn!! Thanks guys for getting me started on here.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I second Hallco as a great member on here. Sent me a green prizm i needed for free to complete my rookie set...
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Had MANNYFAN06 send me a Jrue Holiday 10-11 Gold Standard Platinum I needed for my main set chase for FREE!!! Wouldn't accpet any money or anything, just an awesome member.

Also Adam (drob50), we have done plenty of sending back & forth though Ozcardtrader over the last year or two.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Como guys! I know there is more good guys on here that that!

I think Hallco is winning so far!!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Como guys! I know there is more good guys on here that that!

I think Hallco is winning so far!!
How much longer will this be open for? Hallco is a fantastic guy so I hope he wins. Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Xarzy, Knicker Please and Fraser9698 are 3 guys i consider friends and great members of this forum. From the start, they have been and are always available to offer advice, opinions and help when/if needed. This won't win the contest, but who cares. They have helped me in numerous ways and i have and continue to enjoy their friendship...Also, BO member Ibsa, although a fruitcake (j/k) hooked me up w a huge pc card a ways back and when he's not being a clown, we have some good convo's and dude is a good guy....*Special shout out to onlythefinest. He sold me one of my "I never thought i could get this card in my wildest dreams" card. He had a chance to sell it for more, but he knew how much i wanted it and he didn't take advantage of that. Rather, he appreciated my being a true collector and fan of this player/card and sold it to me...He remains a good friend to this day.

Last edited by gonygo; 04-11-2013 at 05:10 PM.
gonygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
How much longer will this be open for? Hallco is a fantastic guy so I hope he wins. Thanks
I will probably let it go over the weekend for any stragglers, but thanks for the extra input!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonygo View Post
Xarzy, Knicker Please and Fraser9698 are 3 guys i consider friends and great members of this forum. From the start, they have been and are always available to offer advice, opinions and help when/if needed. This won't win the contest, but who cares. They have helped me in numerous ways and i have and continue to enjoy their friendship...Also, BO member Ibsa, although a fruitcake (j/k) hooked me up w a huge pc card a ways back and when he's not being a clown, we have some good convo's and dude is a good guy....*Special shout out to onlythefinest. He sold me one of my "I never thought i could get this card in my wildest dreams" card. He had a chance to sell it for more, but he knew how much i wanted it and he didn't take advantage of that. Rather, he appreciated my being a true collector and fan of this player/card and sold it to me...He remains a good friend to this day.
Awesome!
I agree with knicker_please! He is my favourite member BY FAR!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
I will probably let it go over the weekend for any stragglers, but thanks for the extra input!

Awesome!
I agree with knicker_please! He is my favourite member BY FAR!

aww to kind man! I love all my aussie brothers on the board! they are the most laid back, funny, honest collectors, I truly love them all! Drob50 of course, he's sent me all kinds of cool stuff like cards, vegemite, and best of all tim tams! and of course all kinds of awesome dominator safe swag! Khouzza also before i had EVER spoken a word to him messaged me about a card he wanted to send me for free! great people!! my other aussie boys who are great guys include crackberry, petro, onofrio, aussielaker, gohansmy, brentus777, karlsta26, motiv8dan, 2011postman, tab1980, shaun, kiwi, heafy...probably more sorry if i missed you! Can't speak highly enough of the aussies man, they truly are great members - and if you ever get a chance to do a deal with one of them, don't hesitate just because they are down under! and i am ALWAYS available to be the middle man in a deal like that if any one is worried about it.

as far as the US members, my boy gonygo - prob my best friend on the forums, we shoot the #@#@#@#@ all the time, and actually meet up and hit up some knicks at MSG...plenty of good guys here tho, sesmarine04, xarzy, randomcards, nateadams02, jbmets95, Chitown_85, penny1fan, johncaso....so many more good guys, i could name 50 more - those are just off the top of my head and im sure i missed a couple!

so if i have to pick ONE id go with, and its hard, gonygo for US (only because i've actually hung out with him lol) and AU to mix it up from Drob (because he's the obvious choice and definitely the man) i'll go with Khouzza for the hookup without having EVER spoken to me!
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

i like dasiegel - he's never curt, and he is genuine.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

S who is the winner? LMK thanks
Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

CrazyMJ helped me track down the Orlando Johnson TC 1/1 Black Auto I've been searching for for months...

And SPAuthentic84 bought me a frozen lemonade for my half birthday. What a guy.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #25 (permalink)

Sorry I dropped the ball with this! Got crazy busy, but I am now going to contact the winner to arrange the prize! Thanks to those that replied!!

Quote:
S who is the winner? LMK thanks