Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default D rose return for playoffs?

What are your thoughts?
bhavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
OMG

why?.

Hes not 100%

Bulls invested to much money in him and dont want to risk bringing him back to early

They wont be able to keep up with miami ,NY, or indiana
http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/OMGmyBucket92/library/?sort=3&page=1
OMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

ya no telling when he will show up, maybe game 3 next series
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mines well stay out. They don't have a chance this year especially with him just returning. I understand if he has some regular season games under his belt but to just come back from a major injury straight into the playoffs were the game is a lot more intense then the regular season is dangerous.
ClipsSkins916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Even if the Bulls bet the Nets you really think they can beat the Miami heat even if D. Rose plays. I don't think its worth the risk but it would make a lot more interesting series.
Hardtimes2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

he and shump went down at the same time. shump has been back and is performing well. rose is milking it if he is saying he is not 100 percent. An ACL injury does not take a year to fully heal. Months less than a year actually, the ligament has healed back actually stronger than before normally
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
he and shump went down at the same time. shump has been back and is performing well. rose is milking it if he is saying he is not 100 percent. An ACL injury does not take a year to fully heal. Months less than a year actually, the ligament has healed back actually stronger than before normally
Yeah, but Shump doesn't play near the level of Rose.

He doesn't have the offensive responsibility of Rose and isn't an explosive player.

I don't think you can quite compare the two
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipsSkins916 View Post
Mines well stay out. They don't have a chance this year especially with him just returning. I understand if he has some regular season games under his belt but to just come back from a major injury straight into the playoffs were the game is a lot more intense then the regular season is dangerous.
What?.......
EMD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #9 (permalink)

Doubt he comes back
Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

truth is, he wants no part of The LeBron!
ivecenanuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipsSkins916 View Post
I dont know how you can say that, they broke the 2 longest winning streaks in basketball, with derrick rose back sure they have a chance.
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Yeah, but Shump doesn't play near the level of Rose.

He doesn't have the offensive responsibility of Rose and isn't an explosive player.

I don't think you can quite compare the two
Did I compare their games? No. I compared the injury. I know for a fact that if you say it takes an entire year from an acl tear that you're milking it. Shump came back. AP made it back for football. All well before a year time frame. The ligaments heal back as strong if not stronger than before. Granted, some people are prone to injury more than others but physical integrity is just as good if not better. Same as when you break a bone. While rehealing it actually restructures to become stronger. It's the mental aspect that makes players hesitant once its healed. Either A, he is scared mentally of hurting himself again. Or B, he is milking it drawing his payday and abandoning his team. Either way, you can't sit an defend the whole argument that he isn't ready.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

He won't, but I just don't understand HOW... I mean, an ACL injury usually doesn't take more than 12 months. To me, that just seems like double the time that he should be out. ESPECIALLY with him being so young.
It's a different world..Its the search for the unknown
It's the glory of looking at your collection and saying it's mine, I built this.
Celtsfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

Seems like a lot of people "know" how Rose feels better than he does. He has no reason to come back this year.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Did I compare their games? No. I compared the injury. I know for a fact that if you say it takes an entire year from an acl tear that you're milking it. Shump came back. AP made it back for football. All well before a year time frame. The ligaments heal back as strong if not stronger than before. Granted, some people are prone to injury more than others but physical integrity is just as good if not better. Same as when you break a bone. While rehealing it actually restructures to become stronger. It's the mental aspect that makes players hesitant once its healed. Either A, he is scared mentally of hurting himself again. Or B, he is milking it drawing his payday and abandoning his team. Either way, you can't sit an defend the whole argument that he isn't ready.
But you have to compare their games.

First off AP is freak plain and simple.

Now if you don't think it's easier for Shump to return when he doesn't have the explosiveness of offensive burden as Rose you are mistaken.

Rose's game is built around cutting, jumping and overall aggressive offensive play. Shump's is not. That's why I think it was easier for shump to return.

I think Rose should be playing right now, but I think you can't compare the two even if it is the same injury.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Listen, I am as big a DRose fan as anybody and I totally understand the standpoint of wanting to keep him healthy as he is young and the future of the Bulls. However, the fact that he has said that the blocking factor is all mental kind of irritates me. I am not a Kobe fan at all, but I can't help but think Kobe would have fought through the Demons and would have been on the floor long ago. I know everybody heals differently and I am certainly not in his shoes, but at a certain point, when you see your teammates breaking their backs and fighting through injuries to play (Noah, Hinrich, Hamilton, Gibson, etc), you have to get in the battle even if you aren't 100%. Who is 100% this time of year anyways?

Anyways, end of rant. I know DRose has done enough to earn the benefit of the doubt and that people will doubtlessly come to his defense. That said, I think it's fair to have the opinion that this whole thing has not been handled very well by both him and the Bulls organization.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Didn't Tom Thibodeau already say it's more than likely he won't come back?
Old 04-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Didn't Tom Thibodeau already say it's more than likely he won't come back?
Yes, this thread was created before the playoffs.
bhavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
But you have to compare their games.

Now if you don't think it's easier for Shump to return when he doesn't have the explosiveness of offensive burden as Rose you are mistaken.

Rose's game is built around cutting, jumping and overall aggressive offensive play. Shump's is not. That's why I think it was easier for shump to return.

I think Rose should be playing right now, but I think you can't compare the two even if it is the same injury.
I'm not getting into an argument on forums anymore. It's ridiculous. Comparing the two is completely irrelevant. You're saying that you can't compare them, then you compare their styles of play. It has no effect on the knee. He is scared. Plain and simple. His body will hold up. I work in the medical field. I am on my way of finishing with a masters degree in nursing to become an anesthetist. I know what I am talking about. A normal person without the ridiculous training staff that nba players have would be able to recover and do all the things they could imagine doing in less than a year. With the surgeons, doctors, and physical rehab team that he has the fact remains he has been ready for quite some time. If you want to defend him, go ahead. But the fact remains that his knee is good to go. Period. It's all mental. And the fact that he is willing to sit there and not play through the voice in his head when his team is playing shorthanded And most of them hurt says alot about him. A true superstar ad great player wouldn't sit on the sidelines if they were even possible at being able to play. They would go out there and give their team mates whatever they had in the tank. Period.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm not getting into an argument on forums anymore. It's ridiculous. Comparing the two is completely irrelevant. You're saying that you can't compare them, then you compare their styles of play.
look, I'm not looking for an argument either.

And fine, you can compare them, comparatively speaking they are very different.

I'm not saying Rose shouldn't be playing, I've made that clear.

Just saying that when your game isn't centered around hard cuts, drives and a 40-inch vertical, you don't need the explosiveness. Rose's game is built on his ability to explode. So I don't think it's fair to say well shump is back so rose should be too. Different players and Rose needs his explosiveness more than shump does so that's all I'm really saying
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

You can compare the 2 actually the 3 really. Yes AP is a freak of nature but he sure cuts harder and puts more stress on his cuts then D Rose. Shump has been back for a while now Rose saying hes not ready even tho he is practing for a month. all the rose lovers will side with him but Its been over a year now and hes still not back. 1 year should be long enough. Just my opinion tho.
sals_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals_cardz View Post
You can compare the 2 actually the 3 really. Yes AP is a freak of nature but he sure cuts harder and puts more stress on his cuts then D Rose. Shump has been back for a while now Rose saying hes not ready even tho he is practing for a month. all the rose lovers will side with him but Its been over a year now and hes still not back. 1 year should be long enough. Just my opinion tho.
Ha, I'm not arguing that one bit. Just saying to say Shump came back on Monday means Rose should be back on Monday, doesn't work.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
look, I'm not looking for an argument either.

And fine, you can compare them, comparatively speaking they are very different.

I'm not saying Rose shouldn't be playing, I've made that clear.

Just saying that when your game isn't centered around hard cuts, drives and a 40-inch vertical, you don't need the explosiveness. Rose's game is built on his ability to explode. So I don't think it's fair to say well shump is back so rose should be too. Different players and Rose needs his explosiveness more than shump does so that's all I'm really saying
Shump has been back now for a month while Rose just practices and says hes not ready to play. Point blank Rose is soft no other superstar would need 1 year + to get back on the court. At this Rate Kobe will be back before Rose.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Ha, I'm not arguing that one bit. Just saying to say Shump came back on Monday means Rose should be back on Monday, doesn't work.
Rose should have been back by now, yes him and shump are different players but he's had plenty of time to rehab and get back into playing form.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sals_cardz View Post
Rose should have been back by now, yes him and shump are different players but he's had plenty of time to rehab and get back into playing form.
I've said several times I agree.

ALL I was saying is that in shouldn't have been expected that right when Shump came back Rose should have as well.

Clearly he should have been back by now, but I can certainly understand it taking him a LITTLE more time than shump considering his style of play