Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Cracking Graded Cards To Re-Sell Ok??
Yes 160 75.83%
No 51 24.17%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissandriver77 View Post
The thing is it seems to keep going over your head , it's not about people busting out of BGS and selling it is about Busting knowing it was an 8 and selling raw to avoid the 8 grade hoping to get more and not disclosing it was an 8.

Very simple I do not get why you are twisting so hard .

Is that a practise you maybe use and your defending ?
I've said multiple times that I've never done it. I've also stated that I would rather sell an 8.5 to avoid any type of item not as described case. But as a buyer, I have no issue with it because I am capable of looking at quality scans and making a decision on my own. Please read the entire thread before making accusations.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:58 AM   #327 (permalink)

Quote:
The thing is it seems to keep going over your head , it's not about people busting out of BGS and selling it is about Busting knowing it was an 8 and selling raw to avoid the 8 grade hoping to get more and not disclosing it was an 8.

Very simple I do not get why you are twisting so hard .

Is that a practise you maybe use and your defending ?
Just curious, whats wrong with the seller listing a cracked out BGS 8 as NM-MT. That is the exact same grade that beckett gave it. If buyers want to take a chance that its better than an 8, that's their choice. But if he has NM-MT and quality scans, there is no issue IMO. Most people who want graded cards wants 9s and 9.5s. People who want raw typically don't want to crack out a BGS 8. So you have a very limited buyer pool with a BGS 8. So cracking it out opens up the pool of buyers to the raw collectors, which outnumbers the BGS 8 collectors. An accurate description plus quality pics should be sufficient.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:12 AM   #328 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
so the card was graded an 8.5 near mint/mint+ and he described it as being near mint which is a 7 on the scale. im not sure how that is deceitful and deserves punishment? the card was in better condition then what he stated. im just shocked someone would pay that much for a card when the picture is only a close up and does not show the edges or corners.
Because it's a card I would pay $1,000 for so I was happy to take the risk.
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #329 (permalink)

14 pages? really?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #330 (permalink)
Banned

The only thing that matters is the reason why yet bust.

You can skip around it all you want but the reason is to make more money by trying to trick the buyer.

That's sketchy.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #331 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Agreed,I just witnessed a member who resides here and is quite judgemental of others (will not disclose names) buy a card last week on EBAY now it is busted and is now back on Ebay for sale without any mention of the cards previous grade.This member has a bad history of this method and was banned from another forum.I guess he learned nothing and a few extra bucks is worth being dishonest
I'll disclose the name.

Paul

And he was banned for that and a number of other moral offenses, including repeated attempts to extort resident supercollectors.
bdrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #332 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrr View Post
I'll disclose the name.

Paul

And he was banned for that and a number of other moral offenses, including repeated attempts to extort resident supercollectors.
Oh boy, it was only a matter of time before the biggest troll of internet card message boards arrived!

I'm not going to even argue your false points. Banned for extorting resident supercollectors?!

BAHAHAHA ... get real bro!

Because people were mad I'd buy a card cheap and re-list/sell for a profit? YOU DO THE SAME THING! And there's about, oh, 500 THOUSAND other people out there who do the same thing! But you're right, that's a just, bannable offense!!!

Does it really matter what HobbyKings thinks is actually moral?! Does anyone respect that site? lol .... (3) of the most active members in the bkb section here are banned on Hobby Kings.

why are you even here?! I'm sure about 100% of your 198 feedbacks here are from cards you bought here and flipped to people for a profit! LOL!!!

Ughh, trolling at it's finest!!!
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #333 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'll disclose the name.

Paul

penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #334 (permalink)

"This message is hidden because penny1fan's post is based off of misconceptions and lies, to which you do not have to defend yourself against anymore."

Sorry Aaron, I have my privacy settings set to hide numbskull posts .... looks like it's working just fine!
Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #335 (permalink)

This is my final post in this thread.

Looks like 76%+ wins the vote here.

It's unfortunate that the troll that started this thread, and the hypocritical flipper-hater troll had to make appearances ... otherwise this would have been a nice, smooth discussion thread!

I've stated my case relevant to the thread, I guess we see where the majority stands!

Breaking cards out of graded cases is OK. You are selling the card as RAW. If you show high-res pictures displaying the card in it's exact condition, there is no problems with selling this way. Of course there are some people who don't agree it's OK to do, however I'm sure those people have bought cards from eBay in the past that had been broken out of a graded case at one point. It's one thing if a seller crops scans, takes deceiving pictures, or neglects to disclose serious, conditional information. Grading is subjective, a grade can fluctuate from grader to grader, day-to-day, etc. One thing is always for sure though, if a card is sold in it's raw form, that is what the buyer is paying for and will receive.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #336 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'll disclose the name.

Paul

It would be nice if HK would stop hiding the culprits on their site. How about outing some of your mods for supporting filthy habits. Like accepting donations through the guise of keeping the site up, but re directing that money to personal wax breaks then banning members who call them out for no transparency on where money goes when donated?

I dont know how a site full of sketch members version of why people get banned can hold water when they are criminals themselves?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #337 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post

It's unfortunate that the troll that started this thread, and the hypocritical flipper-hater troll had to make appearances ... otherwise this would have been a nice, smooth discussion thread!

I've stated my case relevant to the thread, I guess we see where the majority stands!

Breaking cards out of graded cases is OK. You are selling the card as RAW. If you show high-res pictures displaying the card in it's exact condition, there is no problems with selling this way. Of course there are some people who don't agree it's OK to do, however I'm sure those people have bought cards from eBay in the past that had been broken out of a graded case at one point. It's one thing if a seller crops scans, takes deceiving pictures, or neglects to disclose serious, conditional information. Grading is subjective, a grade can fluctuate from grader to grader, day-to-day, etc. One thing is always for sure though, if a card is sold in it's raw form, that is what the buyer is paying for and will receive.

I have never busted out to sell .

But i have a question for you Paul , Why do you not disclose the cards previous grade prior to busting out ??
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #338 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I have never busted out to sell .

But i have a question for you Paul , Why do you not disclose the cards previous grade prior to busting out ??
That would scare bidders away and drive his prices down,Money over morals FTW!

Old 04-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #339 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post

Why do you bust cards out? Whats the reason?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #340 (permalink)

I don't know how to multi-quote threads. So here was what I posted, and then your response:

"Maybe he is just an honest seller who felt the card did not deserve to be in a BGS 8.5 holder. So he took it out of the holder and called it Near Mint instead of the overgrade of NM-MT+."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Um... what?
I'm pretty sure that would be the first time in history that would have occurred...
OK. So just say your Wilt Chamberlain auto came back an 8.5 from beckett. After owning it for a few months, something comes up and you need money and have to sell the card. While looking it over 1 last time before selling, you notice that beckett missed the surface crease when grading the card.

You know that the card should not be an 8.5 due to the crease. Would you be an honest seller and tell people beckett made a mistake and overgraded the card, or would you just say sell it as a BGS 8.5?
Old 04-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #341 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
I don't know how to multi-quote threads. So here was what I posted, and then your response:

"Maybe he is just an honest seller who felt the card did not deserve to be in a BGS 8.5 holder. So he took it out of the holder and called it Near Mint instead of the overgrade of NM-MT+."

OK. So just say your Wilt Chamberlain auto came back an 8.5 from beckett. After owning it for a few months, something comes up and you need money and have to sell the card. While looking it over 1 last time before selling, you notice that beckett missed the surface crease when grading the card.

You know that the card should not be an 8.5 due to the crease. Would you be an honest seller and tell people beckett made a mistake and overgraded the card, or would you just say sell it as a BGS 8.5?
Why would that be my place to say? If a professional grader was paid to grade the card and they gave it that grade, why would I have any responsibility to 'bust it' for any potential buyer. I'd probably state "I have no idea how it got an 8.5 as there is a crease in it" but it would not be my obligation to bust it out. Maybe send it back to Beckett, but never to bust it myself.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #342 (permalink)

Funny he doesn't answer , Obviously I knew why already

I guess the others are right about him .
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #343 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Funny he doesn't answer , Obviously I knew why already

I guess the others are right about him .
Yeah he said (again) he was done posting in the thread .. I mean he already caught a case of the foot & mouth disease admitting that he purposly does it to deceive and dupe his buyers.He knows what he does and why he does it.He will run off and pretend this thread did not exist.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #344 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post

Damn BGS, always missing those pesky surface creases!
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote