Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Cracking Graded Cards To Re-Sell Ok??
Yes 160 75.83%
No 51 24.17%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
BGSgradedRookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 353
Default

I normally take raw graded cards out and put them in to holders till I decide to send them in. And I did break a PSA before and sent it into beckett. PSA 10 to BGS 9.5
__________________
Serge Ibaka Collector
BGSgradedRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Dude you are such a tool! haha

You made this thread to call me out and it backfired because there IS nothing wrong with it.

You really need to get a life bro, you just troll me now after you RIPPED ME OFF.

Then you whined your baby ass to the mods to have my WARNING about YOU in my signature.



For real, just get a life ... stop grasping straws. There's no argument here ... The poll shows 38 to 12 ... and you have to keep quoting everyone who "agrees" with you and say "YES I AGREE!"


You are literally the biggest tool I've seen on these message boards.

What are you talking about? This is not a call out thread ... It is a simple poll question and to ask what people thought of this method.But I guess you just called yourself out.Why bust the card if you are just going to relist it for sale?Ohhhh that is right! you might make a few extra bucks huh?There is a method to your madness and it's all about profit margin.The fact that you take the time to crack a card and list it back for sale without prior grade condition proves you are the one who is willing to deceive others for a few extra bucks.

The difference between you and myself ... I was up front and honest about our deal.I told you flat out that I am going to sell my 2 cards to the Rodman collector and made no excuses.You left the neg and created the real "call out thread"I could have lied,I unlike you am an honest person.You were banned for doing this crap on Hobby Kings,The fact that 12 other members that voted here don't think it is cool means you should stop doing this crap.But the thought of some extra $$$ means more to you I guess?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Ethical business practice: disclose any information you know.
True business practice: disclose any material information. If the information would change the buyer's decision, then it must disclosed.
__________________
Always looking for Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway!! Thanks!

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,948
Default

PAUL CAME ON!!!!!!! looooooooooooool

__________________
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 3,191
Default

What was the card graded?
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
What are you talking about? This is not a call out thread ... It is a simple poll question and to ask what people thought of this method.But I guess you just called yourself out.Why bust the card if you are just going to relist it for sale?Ohhhh that is right! you might make a few extra bucks huh?There is a method to your madness and it's all about profit margin.The fact that you take the time to crack a card and list it back for sale without prior grade condition proves you are the one who is willing to deceive others for a few extra bucks.

The difference between you and myself ... I was up front and honest about our deal.I told you flat out that I am going to sell my 2 cards to the Rodman collector and made no excuses.You left the neg and created the real "call out thread"I could have lied,I unlike you am an honest person.You were banned for doing this crap on Hobby Kings,The fact that 12 other members that voted here don't think it is cool means you should stop doing this crap.But the thought of some extra $$$ means more to you I guess?


Haha you know what, I'm literally not even reading what you posted ... because I don't even care ... one bit haha.

I took you off my blocklist ... guess it's time to go back on

You made it evident to everyone on this board that you backed out of a deal to make more money on your side. Yet you make the EXCUSE that you were trying to help out a collector ... LMAO! You can't be serious bro You are not only GREEDY, you're dishonest and a scamming troll.



I honestly just don't need to respond to any of your posts, they're misinformed, basically talking in circles, and you're just constantly beating a dead horse.



You want to keep the vendetta up against me after you ripped me off ... COOL! But at least stop trying to hide the fact you're a goofy 28-year-old troll! hahahaha!!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:34 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
StraightCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,033
Default

I can understand if someone cracks a card out so they can put it in a one touch for their pc. That makes sense for uniformity purposes. However, why would you need to crack a card out if you are just selling it?
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
What was the card graded?
Card purchased

97 98 Vin Baker Skybox Premium Star Rubies 'D 4 50 Graded BGS 8 5 | eBay

Card re-listed

Vin Baker 97 98 Skybox Premium Star Rubies Ruby Holofoil Insert SP RARE 04 50 | eBay

No mention of the cards condition.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Haha you know what, I'm literally not even reading what you posted ... because I don't even care ... one bit haha.

I took you off my blocklist ... guess it's time to go back on

You made it evident to everyone on this board that you backed out of a deal to make more money on your side. Yet you make the EXCUSE that you were trying to help out a collector ... LMAO! You can't be serious bro You are not only GREEDY, you're dishonest and a scamming troll.



I honestly just don't need to respond to any of your posts, they're misinformed, basically talking in circles, and you're just constantly beating a dead horse.



You want to keep the vendetta up against me after you ripped me off ... COOL! But at least stop trying to hide the fact you're a goofy 28-year-old troll! hahahaha!!
Made $0.00 on them Rodman cards just wanted to get them in the right persons hands and feel very confident that I made the right decision .I am not dishonest but you however well ... I just proved are very dishonest.

Were you or were you not banned for this on another forum?Why are you still doing this?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightCash View Post
I can understand if someone cracks a card out so they can put it in a one touch for their pc. That makes sense for uniformity purposes. However, why would you need to crack a card out if you are just selling it?
BINGO

Time is money,He takes the time to bust them out of the slabs for fun I guess?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
BINGO

Time is money,He takes the time to bust them out of the slabs for fun I guess?
I don't think you really even understand how juvenile and messed up you are in the membrane? You must have a very hard time functioning off of message boards...


Please continue to quote and reiterate mute, irrelevant points and posts of everyone who mentions anything other than "Nope, I have no problem with it" ... you are making yourself look like even more of a tool




StraightCash: People don't like to buy graded cards unless they're in BGS 9.5 condition or better.





Breaking a card out of a BGS 8.5 case or higher means the card is NM+ or better. Buyers have a high-resolution picture to determine the exact condition, and if they have any other questions they can surely ask.


So Aaron, why don't you remove your goofy head from your a$$ and give it up already .... we ALL KNOW you ripped me off and now you're upset that your reputation is tarnished.


Well, you are an HONEST person (self-proclaimed) so of course you keep your word .... wait a minute?! .... that must be another Aaron!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
StraightCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
BINGO

Time is money,He takes the time to bust them out of the slabs for fun I guess?
That wasn't directed at him personally, I was just surprised that the general consensus does not have a problem with it.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Mires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightCash View Post
I can understand if someone cracks a card out so they can put it in a one touch for their pc. That makes sense for uniformity purposes. However, why would you need to crack a card out if you are just selling it?
This!

I can't think of 1 good reason why you would do it either.
Mires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mires View Post
This!

I can't think of 1 good reason why you would do it either.
Since I don't want to edit my last post, as I don't edit posts.

I should clarify my reply to StraightCash which reiterates the explanation to you as well.


MOST people would rather have raw cards than graded cards. And MOST of those who do like graded cards, would only like a BGS 9 or higher.





Wow Aaron, 47-12 .... <3 you!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I don't think you really even understand how juvenile and messed up you are in the membrane? You must have a very hard time functioning off of message boards...


Please continue to quote and reiterate mute, irrelevant points and posts of everyone who mentions anything other than "Nope, I have no problem with it" ... you are making yourself look like even more of a tool




StraightCash: People don't like to buy graded cards unless they're in BGS 9.5 condition or better.





Breaking a card out of a BGS 8.5 case or higher means the card is NM+ or better. Buyers have a high-resolution picture to determine the exact condition, and if they have any other questions they can surely ask.


So Aaron, why don't you remove your goofy head from your a$$ and give it up already .... we ALL KNOW you ripped me off and now you're upset that your reputation is tarnished.


Well, you are an HONEST person (self-proclaimed) so of course you keep your word .... wait a minute?! .... that must be another Aaron!
Keep comming at me with your personal attacks and claiming the general public has no problem with this because the population in votes.The fact of the matter is,Even if one member voted no that maybe you should respect their oppinion and question your selling practices.The kicker here is YOU WERE BANNED FROM HOBBY KINGS FOR DOING THIS SAME THING!As I said the other week "you found some new life here at Blowoutcards,Congrats & good for you!"My reputation is far from tarnished.I have made twice as many deals than you since you "called me out" chief .

"most people would rather have raw cards rather than 8.5 graded cards" - so you deceive them instead for more money?Ok I thought so .. thanks for sharing with us
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
StraightCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Since I don't want to edit my last post, as I don't edit posts.

I should clarify my reply to StraightCash which reiterates the explanation to you as well.


MOST people would rather have raw cards than graded cards. And MOST of those who do like graded cards, would only like a BGS 9 or higher.





Wow Aaron, 47-12 .... <3 you!
Honestly, I recently got out of modern cards and only buy vintage now. As far as modern cards go, I'm surprised most people would rather have a raw card instead of a graded one. I can see an 8 or lower, but I personally would not have a problem with an 8.5. Grading is subjective anyway so I can see where you are coming from.

Last edited by StraightCash; 04-23-2013 at 11:56 PM.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightCash View Post
Honestly, I recently got out of modern cards and only buy vintage now. As far as modern cards go, I'm surprised most people would rather have a raw card instead of a graded one. I can see an 8 or lower, but I personally would not have a problem with an 8.5. Grading is subjective anyway so I can see where you are coming from.
People don't like to see a hard fact of imperfection (anything lower than 9.5). In a sense that, some people even think a BGS 8.5 today would magically turn to BGS 9.0. Of course, with many trials and errors, you will eventually hit the grader who gives easy grade out.

Even for card that has perfect condition (like Prizm), people still pay 2.5x for BGS 9.5 without knowing that most of the raw are 9.5 condition already.
__________________
Always looking for Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway!! Thanks!

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Kosmo Kards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Passed out in the Circus Liquor parking lot!!!!
Posts: 2,061
Default

There are only two people in this world. Bullies and nerds. And hot Asian chicks. They'll do what you want. Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah. You better believe it, buddy. They will do what you want because they know, they know what you want. Oh, oh, oh, don't be afraid. Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. I won't hurt you. Me big American man.
__________________
The internet isn't for me.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #44 (permalink)
jj2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightCash View Post
That wasn't directed at him personally, I was just surprised that the general consensus does not have a problem with it.
It's important to remember that a general consensus isn't necessarily the correct one.
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Since I don't want to edit my last post, as I don't edit posts.

I should clarify my reply to StraightCash which reiterates the explanation to you as well.


MOST people would rather have raw cards than graded cards. And MOST of those who do like graded cards, would only like a BGS 9 or higher.





Wow Aaron, 47-12 .... <3 you!
BTW - Did I not just catch you making fun of that guys card a few weeks ago?then you went back and edited that post?When exactly did you stop editing your posts Paul?Your sure are an honest fellow huh?

Scanned 97-98 UD/#18/JM ?with GOLD seal

Last edited by penny1fan; 04-24-2013 at 04:51 AM.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Keep comming at me with your personal attacks and claiming the general public has no problem with this because the population in votes.The fact of the matter is,Even if one member voted no that maybe you should respect their oppinion and question your selling practices.The kicker here is YOU WERE BANNED FROM HOBBY KINGS FOR DOING THIS SAME THING!As I said the other week "you found some new life here at Blowoutcards,Congrats & good for you!"My reputation is far from tarnished.I have made twice as many deals than you since you "called me out" chief .

"most people would rather have raw cards rather than 8.5 graded cards" - so you deceive them instead for more money?Ok I thought so .. thanks for sharing with us
So what makes Hobby Kings ruling correct? Please tell me this...

You do see here the poll states one thing, that contradicts the reason I was banned?

Members here admit to doing this.

Also, I assume when you sell your collection you will be listing every single previously graded card grade, correct? Or if you pass these down to the next generation, you'll give a list of previous grades to them as well, right?




I'm done going back and forth, because it's a lopsided argument ... and you're wrong. What's funny is I know you know your arguments are invalid and pointless, but you continue to argue them simply to try and burn me .... it's a very sad life you live bud!


This will be my last post on this, but it looks like the poll has already given you your answer Aaron? So please continue to stalk me and try and call me out on things, it's only bad karma for you bro!







To everyone else:

My opinion on this is, a card can be cracked out of a case. It's up to the buyer once in their ownership. It in NO WAY damages the card. It doesn't alter it, trim it, damage it, NOTHING. It's simply removing a plastic protective CASE with a subjective grade. A BGS 8.5 then could be a BGS 9 now to a different grade, or it could be a BGS 5, or a BGS 10! Who knows! What matters is the card is being sold as RAW, and the pictures fully show the card in it's current state, and how it's being sold ... and that's simply the bottom line. Any other arguments are personal "preference.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #47 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

so then a bgs altered case is just another 'plastic protective case with a subjective grade'

interesting...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
So what makes Hobby Kings ruling correct? Please tell me this...

You do see here the poll states one thing, that contradicts the reason I was banned?

Members here admit to doing this.

Also, I assume when you sell your collection you will be listing every single previously graded card grade, correct? Or if you pass these down to the next generation, you'll give a list of previous grades to them as well, right?




I'm done going back and forth, because it's a lopsided argument ... and you're wrong. What's funny is I know you know your arguments are invalid and pointless, but you continue to argue them simply to try and burn me .... it's a very sad life you live bud!


This will be my last post on this, but it looks like the poll has already given you your answer Aaron? So please continue to stalk me and try and call me out on things, it's only bad karma for you bro!







To everyone else:

My opinion on this is, a card can be cracked out of a case. It's up to the buyer once in their ownership. It in NO WAY damages the card. It doesn't alter it, trim it, damage it, NOTHING. It's simply removing a plastic protective CASE with a subjective grade. A BGS 8.5 then could be a BGS 9 now to a different grade, or it could be a BGS 5, or a BGS 10! Who knows! What matters is the card is being sold as RAW, and the pictures fully show the card in it's current state, and how it's being sold ... and that's simply the bottom line. Any other arguments are personal "preference.
Play the numbers card Paul,You openly admitted "most people would rather own a raw card than a graded 8.5" Clearly indicating that you will go through the troubles of busting slabs to profit a few extra bucks.There is nothing wrong with this method as long as you are open and honest about a cards backstory.As far as the Penny cards I busted were both 9's.I would have no issues mentioning that to anyone especially if I were to sell them in the future.Now run a long and pretend you are invincible because you found new life here and Blowoutcards and made lots of friends.What you do is inmoral and deceiving.You continue to prove over and over again that your morality can be bought for a small price.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Mires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Since I don't want to edit my last post, as I don't edit posts.

I should clarify my reply to StraightCash which reiterates the explanation to you as well.


MOST people would rather have raw cards than graded cards. And MOST of those who do like graded cards, would only like a BGS 9 or higher.





Wow Aaron, 47-12 .... <3 you!
Considering most collectors collect thicker, modern, auto, and patch/jersey cards it makes sense. I was thinking in more of a vintage/traditional sense.
Mires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,706
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
so then a bgs altered case is just another 'plastic protective case with a subjective grade'

interesting...
.....incorrect.


I said "with a subjective GRADE"

An altered card is not GRADED, it's merely encapsulated and determined as altered prior to grading. Grading would mean giving it a physical grade.



Any encapsulated cards as "altered" should never be broken out and sold as real. An unaltered card is in it's exact state whether inside our outside the plastic case.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.