Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rose Could Return in 2nd Round?

If the Bulls were to advance to the second round, will Derrick Rose finally return?
Found this article...

Derrick Rose: Brother Reggie Says Bulls Star Could Return in 2nd Round

Derrick Rose: Brother Reggie Says Bulls Star Could Return in 2nd Round | Bleacher Report

If Derrick's brother is saying this then I think he might return. This is just my opinion, but I think Reggie Rose has a major influence on Derrick and his injury.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I called this!!!! haha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

i think we could really make some noise with a healthy d rose
i hope his brother is right about this

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah that's smart play someone in the second round that hasn't played with any of the team all year

Just sit out the whole year and come back strong next year
Old 04-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I hope so!
bhavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Godddddddddddddd

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

If Rose legitimately thought the Bulls had a shot at winning the East, he would have been back weeks ago.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzagacubs View Post
If Rose legitimately thought the Bulls had a shot at winning the East, he would have been back weeks ago.
With a 3-1 series lead, the Bulls have sent a message to their leader "If you're ready to come back, we're ready to contend."
Old 04-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

id consider the source on this one.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm so damn tired of hearing about Rose...it's annoying now.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I'm surprised more people aren't buying this.

Miraculous return of the star to take on the #1 team. Blockbuster all over it! haha

I mean Rose has been cleared for like ever and is practicing with the team. Its not like they are just throwing him out there.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
I'm so damn tired of hearing about Rose...it's annoying now.
Well, it's going to continue until he comes back. Same thing with Kobe's situation.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

if he comes back bulls fans will forget fast how mad they were at him.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls1 View Post
With a 3-1 series lead, the Bulls have sent a message to their leader "If you're ready to come back, we're ready to contend."
I don't know. I'd love to have him back, but I mean just think of game 4. The Bulls players busted their ass to get that win. Noah was out there on one leg risking further injury, all the while Rose sat on the bench in a suit and watched.

The Bulls shouldn't have to prove to Rose they can contend to get him to play. If he's healthy enough to play in a game 1 vs the Heat, then he was healthy enough to play against the Nets.

This Bulls team is showing so much heart out there every night, I want them to ride it out.

Rose (or his brother) is just doing what they've the whole second half of the season, and that's keeping Rose in the headlines. I don't want Rose headlines anymore, I was to see the focus be on what this team is accomplishing right now, not whether or not Rose will return. I'm done with that.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

So he'll come back and go against the heat? Most likely the bulls will lose with or without rose, but if rose comes back and lose, it will hurt his confidence, chance injury again, and bulls fan will further blame him for losing.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
hwc

Why cant people just go in with the mindset that he is out this whole year including the playoffs and if he does come back, to consider it a bonus? That way you cant be disappointed and only surprised if he does come back?

Stop getting your hopes up.
hwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

NOah has turned into a like-able guy, I always liked him just fyi, soemtimes I thought I was the only one that liked him. lol
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
So he'll come back and go against the heat? Most likely the bulls will lose with or without rose, but if rose comes back and lose, it will hurt his confidence, chance injury again, and bulls fan will further blame him for losing.
How will losing to the best team in the NBA hurt his confidence? He has been cleared to play, and ofcourse there is always a chance of getting injured in any game. I think bulls fans will actually respect him for giving it a go, win or lose.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #19 (permalink)

why do bulls fans even want rose back at this point? he's made it clear that he is above guys like noah who plays through pain/injury. furthermore, he's destroyed much of his reputation (although if lebron's Decision was any indication, none of that will matter much to the media or the public if he is able to come back strong and win , like lebron did)

i hate lebron and the heat, but am i the only one who remembers that two years ago in the playoffs, it was obvious that rose/bulls were not able to get past the heat. he tried to do too much and tried to play lebron straight up on offense at the end of games, even when he was double teamed. both lebron and his team has only gotten stronger since then. why do any nba or chicago fans feel like rose will give them a chance? it's not as if they've upgraded the rest of their roster. chicago has kept the same PG,SF,PF,C all this time, and used as SG kyle korver, then claimed richard hamilton was their missing piece. then marco bellineli, nate robinson, re-acquire kirk hinrinch, and now this offseason they'll import a diff SG and hope for the best. what's the point...
Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #20 (permalink)

This is an article on bleacher report. Lets not take it too seriously
Old 04-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #21 (permalink)

It won't matter, Bulls aren't getting to the second round.

Yes, I'm joking.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
why do bulls fans even want rose back at this point? he's made it clear that he is above guys like noah who plays through pain/injury. furthermore, he's destroyed much of his reputation (although if lebron's Decision was any indication, none of that will matter much to the media or the public if he is able to come back strong and win , like lebron did)

i hate lebron and the heat, but am i the only one who remembers that two years ago in the playoffs, it was obvious that rose/bulls were not able to get past the heat. he tried to do too much and tried to play lebron straight up on offense at the end of games, even when he was double teamed. both lebron and his team has only gotten stronger since then. why do any nba or chicago fans feel like rose will give them a chance? it's not as if they've upgraded the rest of their roster. chicago has kept the same PG,SF,PF,C all this time, and used as SG kyle korver, then claimed richard hamilton was their missing piece. then marco bellineli, nate robinson, re-acquire kirk hinrinch, and now this offseason they'll import a diff SG and hope for the best. what's the point...
i dont understand why do you say whats the point ....the heat are so mighty why should anyone play them just give lebron and company the next 5 championships ...whats the point in playing them , come on man sports are about upsets and miracle wins , yeah the heat are the big favorite in any series they play in , but dont say whats the point , with that logic the 1980 mens hockey team should have not played that game either

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Chance injury again? There's not a chance of reinjury due to coming back too soon. I've said it a dozen times by now already. He has been ready for a while now. He is milking this. And honestly the fact Noah is hurt and playing how he is, shows how much of a bum rose is character wise. He's willing to sit there and force his teammates to play that many minutes to struggle for a win when he could have been back by now helping
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post

1. Rose from the beginning, very beginning, has said the same thing: He is NOT coming back until he is 100%. At the time, everyone was fine with that because they secretly assumed he'd be back after the All Star Break. Rose never game any promises of when he'd return; it's the fans that got impatient with him.

2. I don't think he thinks he's above anyone else on his team. He's played through injury before, especially last year.

3. If you actually have followed the Bulls over the past 3 years, the Bulls are simply a different team. Joakim Noah has become more of a facilitator, and the Bulls chemistry and team passing have all improved. Boozer is probably having his best Bulls' season, and Jimmy Butler has improved significantly. If you don't believe me look at the numbers; I think we are near the top 5 of assists per basket made this year, while in 2009-10 we were lower.

4. Bulls are 3-1 against the Heat this season in regulation I believe. You can say that doesn't mean something... but actually it DOES. Bulls have exposed major vulnerabilities in the Heat, ie. our length, size, physicality, and rebounding.

5. I HATE it when people say 'what's the point if you're not beating the Heat." If you think the Heat or so high and almighty, then what's the point of having anyone play at all if they're only going to lose? Why even have a regular season? Why don't we just crown them from day 1? When you say that you are undermining the heart and soul that these players have put into the game.

6. Why wouldn't we want Rose back? His teammates have said he is still the best player on the floor (during his scrims post-surgery.) From what I've seen and read, the chances of Rose re-risking injury is low. He can only help the team, even with 10-15 minutes a night.

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
1. Rose from the beginning, very beginning, has said the same thing: He is NOT coming back until he is 100%. At the time, everyone was fine with that because they secretly assumed he'd be back after the All Star Break. Rose never game any promises of when he'd return; it's the fans that got impatient with him.

2. I don't think he thinks he's above anyone else on his team. He's played through injury before, especially last year.

3. If you actually have followed the Bulls over the past 3 years, the Bulls are simply a different team. Joakim Noah has become more of a facilitator, and the Bulls chemistry and team passing have all improved. Boozer is probably having his best Bulls' season, and Jimmy Butler has improved significantly. If you don't believe me look at the numbers; I think we are near the top 5 of assists per basket made this year, while in 2009-10 we were lower.

4. Bulls are 3-1 against the Heat this season in regulation I believe. You can say that doesn't mean something... but actually it DOES. Bulls have exposed major vulnerabilities in the Heat, ie. our length, size, physicality, and rebounding.

5. I HATE it when people say 'what's the point if you're not beating the Heat." If you think the Heat or so high and almighty, then what's the point of having anyone play at all if they're only going to lose? Why even have a regular season? Why don't we just crown them from day 1? When you say that you are undermining the heart and soul that these players have put into the game.

6. Why wouldn't we want Rose back? His teammates have said he is still the best player on the floor (during his scrims post-surgery.) From what I've seen and read, the chances of Rose re-risking injury is low. He can only help the team, even with 10-15 minutes a night.
Great post, it sums up the feelings of levelheaded Bulls fans.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote