Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #51 (permalink)

Default p

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
How could the Lakers afford CP3, unless Dwight doesnt take max, they get 0$ back in trades for MWP and Gasol?

Have you never seen the Lakers go to work???

This is what they're great at.

They may amnesty someone. Not sure how it will all go down.

I also like the CP3 to Dallas idea but I can't see it happening.

I've always thought CP3 and Dwight would be incredible together so I guess it depends where Dwight signs.

Who knows really. But the Clips are not ever winning a ring.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
How could the Lakers afford CP3, unless Dwight doesnt take max, they get 0$ back in trades for MWP and Gasol?
don't know if this would even be legal, but mitch is a ninja so if anyone could pull it off it would be him.

here's my scenario. first of all amnesty mwp immediately, and sign clark who has already gone on record saying he would take less money to stay in l.a, i'd rather let clark develop at that position. resign jamison w/ some of the money and then try to get some type of quality on the fa wire for dirt cheap.

from there try to talk dwight into taking a smaller 1 year deal so they have room to sign paul, who also agrees to a smaller one year deal. dwight has to realize that if he can get paul they have a solid chance at a title on paper. so dwight and paul come in on smaller one year deals, knowing that after this next season pau and kobe come off the books and then they can both get their max contract, and bigger than any other team can offer. then depending on how kobe bounces back you sign him to a small 2 year deal he can ride off into the sunset on, and try and sign some solid role players and bench mob with the rest of the cap room, and for chrissakes start stockpiling draft picks instead of giving them away like candy. then they will be ready for the future.

so possible 2013-14 lineup

pg- paul / nash (imagine that?) or blake if nash falls apart again next season.

sg - blake / glock & or fa pickup (maybe tony allen?) / then hopefully kobe is back for the end of the season and playoffs god willing.

sf - clark / jamison (or a good defensive fa for the bench, i keep hearing dorrel wirghts named being mentioned on other websites)

pf/c - would consist of some type of rotation using dwight/ gasol / hill/ jamison/ clark.

just a little pipe dream i cooked up but who knows it could very easily happen.

pf/c - some rotation consisting of

Last edited by Burt-Reynolds; 05-04-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #53 (permalink)

There is ZERO chance Dwight Howard signs a 1 year deal, why would he do that? Dwight is an idiot and will never put the team before himself, seriously a one year smaller deal? Come on Lakers fans, you guys are better than this.

Even if they amnesty Artest, they still need to pay him.

Why Paul or Howard take a HUGE discount just to play together? Especially after they watched the Lakers experiment explode last year.

Paul can get the most money from the Clippers, then Dallas etc. There is no chance him or Howard take 1 year deals or low money deals.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
There is ZERO chance Dwight Howard signs a 1 year deal, why would he do that? Dwight is an idiot and will never put the team before himself, seriously a one year smaller deal? Come on Lakers fans, you guys are better than this.

Even if they amnesty Artest, they still need to pay him.

Why Paul or Howard take a HUGE discount just to play together? Especially after they watched the Lakers experiment explode last year.

Paul can get the most money from the Clippers, then Dallas etc. There is no chance him or Howard take 1 year deals or low money deals.
easy turbo, calm down there buddy. i said it was obviously a pipe dream, as in something would probably never happen. you act like i quoted it as gospel or something.

also there are 3 guys down in miami who took huge discounts to play together and it's working out pretty well for them right now, so it has been done and is not that far fetched.

also dwight and paul would only be sacrificing a little for this upcoming season, cause they would be getting max money contracts the following year when kobe and pau come off the books, and hey if it does explodes in their faces like it did this year they have the option of walking to greener pastures again next season as fa's.

also i should say i'm not a huge dwight fan anyway, i can take him or leave him. hell, let dwight go and give the money to paul instead if it's one or the other. then go on a pending spree in 2014 with all the cap space they will have.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
easy turbo, calm down there buddy. i said it was obviously a pipe dream, as in something would probably never happen. you act like i quoted it as gospel or something.

also there are 3 guys down in miami who took huge discounts to play together and it's working out pretty well for them right now, so it has been done and is not that far fetched.

also dwight and paul would only be sacrificing a little for this upcoming season, cause they would be getting max money contracts the following year when kobe and pau come off the books, and hey if it does explodes in their faces like it did this year they have the option of walking to greener pastures again next season as fa's.

also i should say i'm not a huge dwight fan anyway, i can take him or leave him. hell, let dwight go and give the money to paul instead if it's one or the other. then go on a pending spree in 2014 with all the cap space they will have.
Turbo? Huh. I am calm, I just laugh at Lakers fans with their wild eye ideas.

YOu can not compare Miami to your proposal. They all took long term deals that paid them 18$, 19$, 18$ respectively. You meant low money below 10 right? For one year? So its nothing like Miami at all.

No superstar would ever give up guaranteed long term money like that and there is no guarantee that the Lakers would win a title. They've tried the super team now TWICE and it didnt work. The Clippers are a better bet for the future with Paul than if he went to the LAkers. He knows that too.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Turbo? Huh. I am calm, I just laugh at Lakers fans with their wild eye ideas.

YOu can not compare Miami to your proposal. They all took long term deals that paid them 18$, 19$, 18$ respectively. You meant low money below 10 right? For one year? So its nothing like Miami at all.

No superstar would ever give up guaranteed long term money like that and there is no guarantee that the Lakers would win a title. They've tried the super team now TWICE and it didnt work. The Clippers are a better bet for the future with Paul than if he went to the LAkers. He knows that too.
you're right probably not, which again is why i said it was just a little pipe dream i cooked up in my head. you are getting all hot and bothered over it it seems.

history has shown though that the lakers are not afraid to throw money at problems, and the front office is fully adept at making something out of nothing. that is not a pipe dream, so i will be interested to see what the team looks like next season. whether they try to spend out this situation again or stand pat and let it ride where they will have crazy cap space for 2014 fa season.

one thing i can say for sure though, is that laker fans don't have to worry about fading into obscurity for the next 25 years again like the celtics fans clearly do right now. might be time to go find those paper bags in your closets and dust them off in anticipation for next season and beyond, lmao.