Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Still cant understand why they made the patch windows smaller this year too...

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Still cant understand why they made the patch windows smaller this year too...
Extra material for extra cards

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

The annoying thing about collecting certain players, e.g., DRose, is that there aren't enough patches to go around... "Bulls" + "1" + "Rose" doesn't lead to nearly as many patches as say "Lakers" + "Johnson" + "32" or "Thunder" + "Durant" + "35". Probably why some players are SP'd - either too few jerseys (retired players) or too little patch to go around.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
The annoying thing about collecting certain players, e.g., DRose, is that there aren't enough patches to go around... "Bulls" + "1" + "Rose" doesn't lead to nearly as many patches as say "Lakers" + "Johnson" + "32" or "Thunder" + "Durant" + "35". Probably why some players are SP'd - either too few jerseys (retired players) or too little patch to go around.
Pretty sure there are tons of Rose game used jerseys. Or any current player in the NBA, its the HOF jerseys that are soon going to be a thing of the past.

I cant imagine them having much more. Unless ......

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #30 (permalink)

There aren't too many DRose GU jerseys around because he's too uncomfortable to play these days
Old 05-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

You guys are just so obsessed with shinny things...

Sometimes less in more!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
The better patches do come from the letters
I agree..

Last edited by 15ncounting; 05-04-2013 at 09:45 PM.
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15ncounting View Post
I like patches from names

Don't get me wrong Joe, they look SICK!!! Letter patches are always beautiful cards... but if I could pick, I would go with the full letter card. But wouldn't mind owning BOTH!

Just a personal preference. Heck, I probably wouldn't mind a jumbo card with the whole team patch! lol...

I don't think companies should cut up every tag or letter patches they have. Sure some, no problem... but if they keep doing it, and don't come out with an amazing tag or letter card every once in a while, that's no fun.

BEAUTIFUL card by the way!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

Hey Gio,

Thanks.. Sillo's are addicting.. and yes, full letter cards would be much nicer - like that Russell a friend of mine has.. wink..

Yeah, I hate it when they cut up tags when they can make a 1/1 full tag like the 09 topps laundry tags, just dont make no sense.

Last edited by 15ncounting; 05-04-2013 at 10:06 PM.
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey Gio,

Thanks.. Sillo's are addicting.. and yes, full letter cards would be much nicer - like that Russell a friend of mine has.. lol..

Yeah, I hate it when they cut up tags when they can make a 1/1 full tag like the 09 topps laundry tags, just dont make no sense.
Hey Joe! Yeah they are, but I think i'll be sticking to HOFers and legends only... wow a Russell!? Put me in contact with he/she, please! haha

Panini is just so dumb for cutting up nice tags and making a gazillion cards with it. Ok, they've done some full tags, so i'll give them that. But no HOF/Legends though Hopefully they'll do some one day soon.

Your Silo looks amazing with that letter! Who knows, it most likely wouldn't look as sick with a team or number patch. Either way, it's a very rare card, but having the letter helps A LOT!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree..

You know i need this card!....

Old 05-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
You know i need this card!....
I doubt that Joe would ever sell it... but if he does, it's all yours man. Cause I can't ever justify anymore spending so much on a card when I could have thrown the money down on 100 oz bars of silver! So go right ahead.... I might even give you the honor of buying some of my cards! HAHA
Old 05-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
I doubt that Joe would ever sell it... but if he does, it's all yours man. Cause I can't ever justify anymore spending so much on a card when I could have thrown the money down on 100 oz bars of silver! So go right ahead.... I might even give you the honor of buying some of my cards! HAHA
LOL...I almost bought my homies 100 oz bar of silver off him the other day...
You do have some cards that i wouldnt mind having...Let me know when your ready to sell bro!...~Mike

Old 05-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL...I almost bought my homies 100 oz bar of silver off him the other day...
You do have some cards that i wouldnt mind having...Let me know when your ready to sell bro!...~Mike
100 oz bar... where!? Why did you pass it up? How much is he looking for? Hopefully he's looking at an old price book lol

Shoot me those million $$$ offers bro, i'm all ears!
Old 05-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
100 oz bar... where!? Why did you pass it up? How much is he looking for? Hopefully he's looking at an old price book lol

Shoot me those million $$$ offers bro, i'm all ears!
My homie has i think 4 of them...They are huge..You could knock someone out with them...lol...I have lots of 1 oz bars and silver coins already though....I still might grab one next time...I just want to make sure its solid silver all the way through first...LOL....You know i want your Elgin patch!....

Old 05-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
My homie has i think 4 of them...They are huge..You could knock someone out with them...lol...I have lots of 1 oz bars and silver coins already though....I still might grab one next time...I just want to make sure its solid silver all the way through first...LOL....You know i want your Elgin patch!....
Yeah you definitely gotta watch out where you get your silver from. Same with gold... and pretty much any precious metal, or anything valueable for that matter. Not saying you can't trust your friend, but the place he may have got it from could be fishy, and you're right to worry and want to check to make sure. That's why I would suggest if you do buy, to buy from a highly qualified gold and silver seller. All you need to do is go to google and type in "silver bullion" and it should lead you to the right places..... then you can research individually each company. Customer reviews online, youtuve video reviews, and all that good stuff. Even the BBB. It's best to buy from the big boys, so you have less to worry about. You can always test your bars even though you buy from the good sellers. A small fee to pay for extra peace of mind. So yeah, just pm me when you're ready to talk about cards. Only excepting offers I cannot refuse at this time....