Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CHI-town
Posts: 455
Default

They are all coming back for the Heat series!!!

Even Jordan!!!

Well..not Jordan...but er'e body else
jjjackson32977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,282
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Looks like the Heat will get their revenge. Rose better get his ass off the bench
__________________
http://www.finalsmvp.com/

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
alexcampos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 5,062
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Looks like the Heat will get their revenge.
I sincerely hope so.

I think the Nets was the opponent the Heat would've preferred, but the Bulls give them a chance to play with intensity and yes, they have PLENTY of motivation to beat them.
__________________
1997 2003 2006 2012 2013
***Lifetime Miami Sports fan (Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, Panthers, Hurricanes, and FIU Panthers)***

Last edited by alexcampos; 05-04-2013 at 10:45 PM.
alexcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,683
Default

All season the Nets were inconsistent/pretenders and despite that, I still thought they'd beat the Bulls, especially when short-handed. Either team would be dismantled by the Heat, but really you've gotta think the Nets blew this bad.
__________________
Buy a cheap game jersey! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/642259-clearance-joe-johnson-real-game-worn-jersey-cheap.html
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
yankeesfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Middle Of Nowhere, PA
Posts: 16,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
All season the Nets were inconsistent/pretenders and despite that, I still thought they'd beat the Bulls, especially when short-handed. Either team would be dismantled by the Heat, but really you've gotta think the Nets blew this bad.
Blame it on the coaching. I would have loved to see the team with a legitimate coach for the full season.
__________________
Blowout's Resident DeMarco Murray Supercollector
DM PC Stats: 1064/1781. 126 1/1's, 215 Autos, 231 Gu, 280 #ed, 209 Base/RC's
http://demarcomurraysupercollector.webs.com/index.htm
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 12,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
Noah, still the #1 person I would most want to punch...lol.
Me too, and I don't really know why . He is one hell of a player, just easy to dislike if he's not on your team.
__________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
bullrose23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: brooklyn n,y
Posts: 1,861
Default

great series, i give brooklyn a lot of credit, good team , but truth be told if bulls were healthy this would have been over way before game 7
__________________

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 171
Default

I am a bulls fan and am extremely proud of how his team played with the deck stacked against them all season. That said we are going to get destroyed by the heat (which pains me to say). Thibs really maxed out with his talent though.

However I would hate to be a nets fan right now. This team couldn't get by a journeyman squad. They have a bunch of terrible contracts and are likely going to get a new coach as well. They took the wrong route after whiffing in 2010 by giving a lot of undeserving guys too much money (a la Joe Dumars)
rj.cataldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #134 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.cataldo View Post
I am a bulls fan and am extremely proud of how his team played with the deck stacked against them all season. That said we are going to get destroyed by the heat (which pains me to say). Thibs really maxed out with his talent though.

However I would hate to be a nets fan right now. This team couldn't get by a journeyman squad. They have a bunch of terrible contracts and are likely going to get a new coach as well. They took the wrong route after whiffing in 2010 by giving a lot of undeserving guys too much money (a la Joe Dumars)
While that may be true, it should be an interesting series. Not saying it will be close, but clearly Lebron wasn't happy with the Bulls last time they met and I can't imagine the Bulls are going to be back down any this time. If anything they will be more physical, so even though the talent doesn't matchup at all it'll be interesting to see if the Bulls can get in Lebron's head and throw him off a bit
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 12,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.cataldo View Post
I am a bulls fan and am extremely proud of how his team played with the deck stacked against them all season. That said we are going to get destroyed by the heat (which pains me to say). Thibs really maxed out with his talent though.

However I would hate to be a nets fan right now. This team couldn't get by a journeyman squad. They have a bunch of terrible contracts and are likely going to get a new coach as well. They took the wrong route after whiffing in 2010 by giving a lot of undeserving guys too much money (a la Joe Dumars)
Actually I'm fine right now, Joe just needs to heal and get better, and Deron has been earning his contract in the last two months. The Nets aren't afraid to spend, Mikael doesn't care about money lol. It should not be a journeyman squad, but instead a very deep team. A starting lineup of Boozer, Noah, Robinson, Butler and Bellenelli is still very good.
__________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
bullrose23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: brooklyn n,y
Posts: 1,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
While that may be true, it should be an interesting series. Not saying it will be close, but clearly Lebron wasn't happy with the Bulls last time they met and I can't imagine the Bulls are going to be back down any this time. If anything they will be more physical, so even though the talent doesn't matchup at all it'll be interesting to see if the Bulls can get in Lebron's head and throw him off a bit
i am not going to concede this series to the heat , thier great, cream of the crop of the nba right now , but this team has proven to me that thier never out of it
__________________

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #137 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
Actually I'm fine right now, Joe just needs to heal and get better, and Deron has been earning his contract in the last two months. The Nets aren't afraid to spend, Mikael doesn't care about money lol. It should not be a journeyman squad, but instead a very deep team. A starting lineup of Boozer, Noah, Robinson, Butler and Bellenelli is still very good.
Brooklyn has a lot of nice pieces. Lopez is a stud, no doubt, and they've got some raw athletic guys as well.

Do you ever see Brooks turning into a solid player for them?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrose23 View Post
i am not going to concede this series to the heat , thier great, cream of the crop of the nba right now , but this team has proven to me that thier never out of it
If Deng and Hinrich are healthy I give the Bulls a fighting chance. They need both those guys though for sure!
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 12,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Brooklyn has a lot of nice pieces. Lopez is a stud, no doubt, and they've got some raw athletic guys as well.

Do you ever see Brooks turning into a solid player for them?
Marshon is an insane scorer, he just tries to do too much. The reason Bogans/Stackhouse got lots of playing time this year was Marshon can't play defense and he turned it over too much. He just needs to learn, he could definitely become a Jimmy Butler type player if you will.
__________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
yankeesfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Middle Of Nowhere, PA
Posts: 16,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Brooklyn has a lot of nice pieces. Lopez is a stud, no doubt, and they've got some raw athletic guys as well.

Do you ever see Brooks turning into a solid player for them?
Last year, Brooks was awesome. PJ just didnt trust him, but he has become a smarter player over the season. I think he will be the team's 6th man next year, and get around 10 ppg.
__________________
Blowout's Resident DeMarco Murray Supercollector
DM PC Stats: 1064/1781. 126 1/1's, 215 Autos, 231 Gu, 280 #ed, 209 Base/RC's
http://demarcomurraysupercollector.webs.com/index.htm
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
bullrose23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: brooklyn n,y
Posts: 1,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
If Deng and Hinrich are healthy I give the Bulls a fighting chance. They need both those guys though for sure!
oh yeah , we cant beat the heat with all the missing parts , and it would be tough 100% healthy also, but if we go in with everyone , rose or not i have faith , i may be nuts , but i have faith...lol
__________________

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
Actually I'm fine right now, Joe just needs to heal and get better, and Deron has been earning his contract in the last two months. The Nets aren't afraid to spend, Mikael doesn't care about money lol. It should not be a journeyman squad, but instead a very deep team. A starting lineup of Boozer, Noah, Robinson, Butler and Bellenelli is still very good.
The issue isn't how much The owner is willing to pay. His hands are tied. The nets are in one of the worst cap positions of any team in the NBA. Which means they won't be able to accept players via sign and trade or sign FAs in 2014. I like joe Johnson , but not at the money he gets paid. That said, with a real
Coach they could get better.
rj.cataldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 12,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.cataldo View Post
The issue isn't how much The owner is willing to pay. His hands are tied. The nets are in one of the worst cap positions of any team in the NBA. Which means they won't be able to accept players via sign and trade or sign FAs in 2014. I like joe Johnson , but not at the money he gets paid. That said, with a real
Coach they could get better.
I know what you mean, but I don't think the Nets would be looking to make any big money trades any time soon. Hopefully they can move Humphries's contract, but they have a good team. Just not good enough to beat the Heat. They can contend with any other team in the East.
__________________
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrose23 View Post
oh yeah , we cant beat the heat with all the missing parts , and it would be tough 100% healthy also, but if we go in with everyone , rose or not i have faith , i may be nuts , but i have faith...lol
nothing wrong with faith haha.

It will be one of the greatest sporting miracles if the Bulls team can beat miami in the semis with all their outs atm.

It will an awesome experience in our life times.


Almost as good as that US hockey team that was full of armatures back in that olymics games.
Cobretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:23 AM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
cowboyzqna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Moundridge KS
Posts: 3,232
Default

Lego bulls!!!!!
__________________
Bid Low Bid Often
Flawless Patch Set - 54 of 70
cowboyzqna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #146 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
Me too, and I don't really know why . He is one hell of a player, just easy to dislike if he's not on your team.
Funny how many guys there are just like that.
__________________
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #147 (permalink)
Jin
Member
 
Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: University of Illinois @ Urbana
Posts: 3,019
Default

Such a great game tonight. Honestly I have never been more proud of any other Chicago team. Wow, loved the effort tonight.

The Nets are a talented team, if they had another quality big man (maybe Blatche more at the 4) w/ Lopez, and if someone pumped some life into D. Will and J. Johnson they'd have a rock solid team
__________________
JINSUNITED

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.