Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #101 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to CardCache Send a message via Yahoo to CardCache

Ok, here's something to thicken the plot. If you go to Warriors photobucket page, that Jennings card is listed in the sold section. It is clearly the same card as in Gman71's sale thread.

Now, this could easily be explained away if Warrior took/stole the image and is claiming it was the card he sold Gman. However, when I examined the exif data of the Jennings card photo in Warriors photobucket account, you find this:

Camera: Apple iPhone
Date: September 10, 2009 2:06:06PM (timezone not specified)
GPS-encoded location: 37 59' 17"N, 122 16' 35"W (Cali.)

So, here's the thing. Warrior CLEARLY had this card on September 10th, 2009. Gman71 CLEARLY had this same card as of yesterday, when it was posted for sale on these forums.

What happened to this card between then is anyones guess.

Last edited by CardCache; 01-08-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #102 (permalink)

So is this thread dead yet? Oops, more posts, never mind!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
I have done several large deals with Gman. Everytime the scumbag has ripped me off. I am glutton for punishment......well me and EricinCT.

Viva El Guapo!

how is Karl these days...?...?
Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCache View Post
Ok, here's something to thicken the plot. If you go to Warriors photobucket page, that Jennings card is listed in the sold section. It is clearly the same card as in Gman71's sale thread.

Now, this could easily be explained away if Warrior took/stole the image and is claiming it was the card he sold Gman. However, when I examined the exif data of the Jennings card photo in Warriors photobucket account, you find this:

So, here's the thing. Warrior CLEARLY had this card on September 10th, 2009. Gman71 CLEARLY had this same card as of yesterday, when it was posted from sale on these forums.

That is some CIA shite there. Are you big brother??
Old 01-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
That is some CIA shite there. Are you big brother??
I told you I was bored
Old 01-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:

So, here's the thing. Warrior CLEARLY had this card on September 10th, 2009. Gman71 CLEARLY had this same card as of yesterday, when it was posted for sale on these forums.

Man he stole the card! This is among the BEST evidence in addition to what I already wrote. I've been telling nothing but the truth, he's scammed me.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #107 (permalink)

Haha,well now I am out

Can't wait to come home drunk later and see how much fun I miss
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
I told you I was bored
What's your address? I'll send my 3 hookers, bucket of coke and 5-gallon squirt bottle of astroglide to your casa...pre-paid I'm staying here until the shooter on the grassy knoll is ID'd
Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #109 (permalink)

moral of the story, use DC

/thread
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
moral of the story, use DC

/thread
Debbie Downer
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #111 (permalink)

Oh, and one more thing to add on this... I live in Vegas, and get shipped a tons of cards via trades, purchases, etc. Always coming in the standard small yellow envelope we all love to see in the mail. I have, on SEVERAL occasions, had those envelopes stolen from my mail here in Las Vegas. It seems to be something that is often stolen.

It is entirely possible someone is looking for and stealing these card packages in the Vegas area and selling them to local cards shops. I have had it happen to me and my fellow local collectors.

I posted the above data not as an accusation, but simply as what I found out about the situation. I would not be surprised at all if someone who knows gman receives a ton of these packages simply selected one that did not have DC, and stole it. Possibly even a USPS employee.

Hmmm... I'm off to uncover a card theft ring in vegas, brb.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #112 (permalink)

Yes I know to use DC now, but the fact remains he had received the card. No excuses all the documentation is there, even the fact that I took that pic of the Jennings on my phone and he later scanned it. How else would he get the exact same card and claim he didn't? He stole it from me and claimed I didn't send anything.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #113 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

BayArea

You've yet to even confirm with any evidence that the card was shipped. Post office issues receipts. Personally your feedback is sketchy given the low number of feedbacks you have. I know guys that steal and use ebay/photobucket pics all the time as its cheaper to get someone elses photos than to scan one yourself, and on ebay/forums this runs rampant.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaWarrior View Post
Man he stole the card! This is among the BEST evidence in addition to what I already wrote. I've been telling nothing but the truth, he's scammed me.
Warrior, I'm not saying HE stole the card... it's very possible someone ELSE stole the card, before it even got to his house. I have had it happen to me, and it was actually proven to be stolen by the USPS, along with other packages off a truck by one thief.

He's says he purchased that particular car at a local card shop. If someone here in Vegas IS stealing cards out of the mail, his story would add up.

What I'm saying is, you could BOTH be correct. You could have indeed mailed the card, and he could have indeed not received it.

It's not so hard to believe that he would just happen to be the one to buy that same card locally, as he seems to be the main person collecting/reselling them here in town.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Warrior, I'm not saying HE stole the card... it's very possible someone ELSE stole the card, before it even got to his house. I have had it happen to me, and it was actually proven to be stolen by the USPS, along with other packages off a truck by one thief.

He's says he purchased that particular car at a local card shop. If someone here in Vegas IS stealing cards out of the mail, his story would add up.

What I'm saying is, you could BOTH be correct. You could have indeed mailed the card, and he could have indeed not received it.

It's not so hard to believe that he would just happen to be the one to buy that same card locally, as he seems to be the main person collecting/reselling them here in town.
Ok, so you suggest that someone stole the card from the mail in the exact same city he's in, Las Vegas (coincidentally), sold it to a card shop (in Las Vegas) and gman71 walked in and bought the exact same card he should have received from me, all in the same time frame he bought it from me. Not likely at all.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh, and one more thing to add on this... I live in Vegas, and get shipped a tons of cards via trades, purchases, etc. Always coming in the standard small yellow envelope we all love to see in the mail. I have, on SEVERAL occasions, had those envelopes stolen from my mail here in Las Vegas. It seems to be something that is often stolen.

It is entirely possible someone is looking for and stealing these card packages in the Vegas area and selling them to local cards shops. I have had it happen to me and my fellow local collectors.

I posted the above data not as an accusation, but simply as what I found out about the situation. I would not be surprised at all if someone who knows gman receives a ton of these packages simply selected one that did not have DC, and stole it. Possibly even a USPS employee.

Hmmm... I'm off to uncover a card theft ring in vegas, brb.

I'm really starting to think this makes the most sense. It explains pretty much everything, albeit it may be a little TOO convenient sequence of events.

If each of you puts yourself in the others shoes for a second and assume the other person is telling the truth, then you would see each of your actions would make sense to the other. Why wouldn't Gman file a paypal claim if he didn't get the card. Why wouldn't BayAreaWarrior do everything in his power, even if it means doing something stupid and desperate, if it means keeping himself from losing both the card and the money.

However, if one of you is playing games a lying about your side of the story... then you're really sadistic and need help.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #117 (permalink)
ND3

No DC = Fail.

G didn't steal the card. I think Guru had something to do with it!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #118 (permalink)

BayAreaWarrior, you have absolutely no proof. You have what is known as circumstantial evidence. That means that you have evidence that can be used to find proof but is not proof in of itself. A delivery confirmation would be proof. A video of gman walking to his letter box, finding the package and laughing maniacally as he shows a short film about how he is going to scam you, would be proof.

You sent the card to him, but you have no proof he received it.

Even if the card he post for sale on BO is the exact same card that does not prove he scammed you. There are a million different scenarios that could play out that could end up with him having that card. The card could have been stolen from gman's letterbox and sold to a card shop and then gman could have walked into that same card shop and brought the card. That would be one of the scenarios.

The problem with your assertions is that you have no proof and therefore gmans past dealings on eBay and BO will tend to back him up.

This is how people will see you claims:

gman71 = 1500 posts on BO, 70 itrader, feedbacks 100% positive
BayAreaWarrior = Never heard of him

meta-lika (gman's eBay username) = 4 years on eBay, 1300 feedback, 100% positive
loeza-burgos (BayAreaWarriors eBay username) = no longer registered because of bad feedback

You can see that you have an up hill battle here.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, so you suggest that someone stole the card from the mail in the exact same city he's in, Las Vegas (coincidentally), sold it to a card shop (in Las Vegas) and gman71 walked in and bought the exact same card he should have received from me, all in the same time frame he bought it from me. Not likely at all.
If it was stolen from the mail, why would it be that unusual for it to be stolen in Las Vegas, where you sent the card? Why would it be unusual for that person to sell the card to a shop in the city they live? Why would it be unusual for Gman, a well known sports card seller, to visit that shop in the city he lives and buy a high-end card that he tried to buy online in the last month and has subsequently bought another copy of on ebay in the meantime? Its VERY likely if you ask me. Frankly, its as likely as someone sending a $170 card with no DC.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #120 (permalink)

Las Vegas Mandalay Bay line just posted:

Over/Under on #pages in this thread = 31
Old 01-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Gman buys those exact cards on ebay and locally ALL the time. If one pops up in a LCS, he's probably the one to buy it.

I'm not saying it's likely, I'm just saying it's possible.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #122 (permalink)
Banned

That lookis like the same card to me, or else one heck of a coincidence that the auto is in the exact spot, I think everybody is tempted to do that when a package comes with no DC# but the difference is the scum who actually do it, karma might say hello to u gman
Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #123 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
If it was stolen from the mail, why would it be that unusual for it to be stolen in Las Vegas, where you sent the card? Why would it be unusual for that person to sell the card to a shop in the city they live? Why would it be unusual for Gman, a well known sports card seller, to visit that shop in the city he lives and buy a high-end card that he tried to buy online in the last month and has subsequently bought another copy of on ebay in the meantime? Its VERY likely if you ask me. Frankly, its as likely as someone sending a $170 card with no DC.
Come on dummy he stole his card haven't you learned this by now? No DC when it was close to needing sig con is beyond stupid
Old 01-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNARIZONA View Post
Las Vegas Mandalay Bay line just posted:

Over/Under on #pages in this thread = 31
OVER im guessing 34
Old 01-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Come on dummy he stole his card haven't you learned this by now? No DC when it was close to needing sig con is beyond stupid
You can't call someone a dummy when you use their quote as your forum signature