Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
BayAreaWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgyTrousers View Post
BayAreaWarrior, you have absolutely no proof. You have what is known as circumstantial evidence. That means that you have evidence that can be used to find proof but is not proof in of itself. A delivery confirmation would be proof. A video of gman walking to his letter box, finding the package and laughing maniacally as he shows a short film about how he is going to scam you, would be proof.

You sent the card to him, but you have no proof he received it.

Even if the card he post for sale on BO is the exact same card that does not prove he scammed you. There are a million different scenarios that could play out that could end up with him having that card. The card could have been stolen from gman's letterbox and sold to a card shop and then gman could have walked into that same card shop and brought the card. That would be one of the scenarios.

The problem with your assertions is that you have no proof and therefore gmans past dealings on eBay and BO will tend to back him up.

This is how people will see you claims:

gman71 = 1500 posts on BO, 70 itrader, feedbacks 100% positive
BayAreaWarrior = Never heard of him

meta-lika (gman's eBay username) = 4 years on eBay, 1300 feedback, 100% positive
loeza-burgos (BayAreaWarriors eBay username) = no longer registered because of bad feedback

You can see that you have an up hill battle here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
If it was stolen from the mail, why would it be that unusual for it to be stolen in Las Vegas, where you sent the card? Why would it be unusual for that person to sell the card to a shop in the city they live? Why would it be unusual for Gman, a well known sports card seller, to visit that shop in the city he lives and buy a high-end card that he tried to buy online in the last month and has subsequently bought another copy of on ebay in the meantime? Its VERY likely if you ask me. Frankly, its as likely as someone sending a $170 card with no DC.
Ok, play the million of scenarios of how he could have come up with the exact same card. No one stole it, sold it to a card shop, and gman71 just walked in and bought it. You are right I don't have a DC, which I have stated, but I do have proof he had the card he stole from me in his possession two days ago. Could someone he knows at my post office in CA gotten it and sold it to him in Las Vegas, yes, as can so many made-up scenarios. I've seen people on ebay with thousands of positive feedback and they fabricate patches that have been documented to be fake.
BayAreaWarrior is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 236
Default

Okay guys here is the real story, I had been bidding on this card on Ebay and lost to Gman, I promtly found out that this card was on its way to Vegas, since I did not have to spend the money on the card I used those funds to purchase a plane ticket to vegas, I then staked out Gmans mailbox and waited for delivery, once the package had arrived I snagged it, not wanting to be discovered I quickly found the nearest card shop and sold this card there, I took that money to the casino in which I won thousands off of, to further cover my tracks I used my winnings to move to an undisclosed location and have since legally changed my name, I have been trying to locate where this card had finally ended up so that I may repeat this process, it has been a battle but the card has finally shown up again time to get to work
Waxpack is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,745
Default

but you dont have proof you sent it to him yet
mnvikingstwins is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,291
Default

i think the scenario is that someone in Vegas stole it from USPS (either from your mailbox ,from the sorting center or from the mail truck)..... Not from CA.
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
BayAreaWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 363
Default

So you think he went into his shop and bought the exact same card that he bought from me on ebay and had a Paypal claim open for and didnt even tell me? Wouldnt you then contact the seller and tell them that the card was stolen and ended up at your local cardshop? I know I would. Anyone that says they wouldn't is in denial.
BayAreaWarrior is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:54 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaWarrior View Post
Everyone, compare the cards and look at the white dot on the right side of the card near the middle. Thats the PROOF! Along with the auto, the position the auto is in. It's the exact same card. This guy is going to make endless excuses, typical of what scammers do.

i agree with bayarea warrior, and he did nothiong wrong ... id scam a scammer to get what owed to me .... i think people favor gman because hes on the forum and thats not fair ... the evidence is there in his face .... signatures look EXACTLY the same

Last edited by NYhoops78; 01-08-2010 at 08:57 PM.
NYhoops78 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
Monsters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,788
Default

My 2 cents are:

If I were bayreawarrior...I would be ticked to see gman selling the same card I sold him (I think it is now pretty clear that is the same card)

We live in a world where there has to be "beyond a reasonable doubt/PROOF/DC#" and without a DC# there is no leg to stand on.

As ticked as I may be (if I were bay), there is nothing to go on here but a persons word and at this point it is his vs yours.
Monsters is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #133 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,302
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaWarrior View Post
So you think he went into his shop and bought the exact same card that he bought from me on ebay and had a Paypal claim open for and didnt even tell me? Wouldnt you then contact the seller and tell them that the card was stolen and ended up at your local cardshop? I know I would. Anyone that says they wouldn't is in denial.
To be honest, if the shoe were on the other foot with this comment, what i buy and where I buy is of no one elses business. The more people that know your buying up a certain card, the higher the prices tend to go. A side note... did get a card back this week that was in the mail system for 5 months, so it may not even be delivered yet. Or if it was damaged and if the sender and receipants addresses could not be read?
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is online now  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,745
Default

this auto does look different than the 5 i saw on ebay. and those 5 all look different from each other. the two in question look the same
mnvikingstwins is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
RSNARIZONA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYhoops78 View Post
i agree with bayarea warrior, and he did nothiong wrong ... id scam a scammer to get what owed to me .... i think people favor gman because hes on the forum and thats not fair ... the evidence is there in his face .... signatures look EXACTLY the same



ps whats DC stand for ...
ummmmmmmmm.....there's about 50 ways to create that photo collage with about 15 different photo software programs once you capture someone else's (or, your own)semi-original picture.....just saying.....DC with INS on a $170 card would've made this a one page thread

Last edited by RSNARIZONA; 01-08-2010 at 09:02 PM.
RSNARIZONA is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 1,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaWarrior View Post
Ok, play the million of scenarios of how he could have come up with the exact same card. No one stole it, sold it to a card shop, and gman71 just walked in and bought it. You are right I don't have a DC, which I have stated, but I do have proof he had the card he stole from me in his possession two days ago. Could someone he knows at my post office in CA gotten it and sold it to him in Las Vegas, yes, as can so many made-up scenarios. I've seen people on ebay with thousands of positive feedback and they fabricate patches that have been documented to be fake.
Can you answer this question, do you have the receipt for mailing the card to him? This would add alot of credibility to you...

Just answer yes or no....
__________________
Don't hate. I don't know baseball, but I do know how to Wikipedia - Raiderguy10 1/6/2010

If you're ripping and flipping EVERYTHING these days in the hopes of making money you're just pissing in the wind every 99 out of 100 cases. - BAMBAM
coltman18 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNARIZONA View Post
ummmmmmmmm.....there's about 50 ways to create that photo collage with about 15 different photo software programs once you capture someone else's semi-original picture.....just saying.....DC with INS on a $170 card would've made this a one page thread
i personally dont thinK someone would waste time to photoshop 2 pics to prove a point to a bunch of people he dont associate with
NYhoops78 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
bziddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,652
Default

I'm only up to page 9 (of 14 right now), but I have to guess...

Professor Plum with the Lead Pipe in the Conservatory?
__________________
They called me Mr. Glass.
bziddy is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore/Washington, MD
Posts: 2,364
Default

If we switched it up and bayarea had gmans feedback and gman had bayarea, everyone would immediately assume that the "buyer" was the scammer. I think gman is the scammer.
jetsmets150 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,120
Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
To be honest, if the shoe were on the other foot with this comment, what i buy and where I buy is of no one elses business. The more people that know your buying up a certain card, the higher the prices tend to go. A side note... did get a card back this week that was in the mail system for 5 months, so it may not even be delivered yet. Or if it was damaged and if the sender and receipants addresses could not be read?
Anything is possible and any scenerio could be reasoned out enough to make it sound plausable, but if things were reversed and gman(whom I have dealt with and has always been very honest and a stand up guy)was accusing the new guy, he would be crucified....Just think things have to be looked at realisticly. No matter who is new and who we know to be a long time member.
slappybag is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
Magicman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere Ohio
Posts: 3,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNARIZONA View Post
ummmmmmmmm.....there's about 50 ways to create that photo collage with about 15 different photo software programs once you capture someone else's semi-original picture.....just saying.....DC with INS on a $170 card would've made this a one page thread
Only on 14...another 20 to go to get a winner

We all can say what we want, but only 1 person knows the true, full details. I have dealt with him multiple times and my personal stance will remain the same as it was at the begining of this and I have full faith in dealing with him since I have done so in the past without a hitch.

We all know Karma is a $itch when it comes back around.
__________________
-Collecting Bills, A's, Lakers, Sabres, Chavez, Melo, McNabb, Posluszny and any SU Players
-Putting together the set of 2006 Gridiron Playbook Patch jerseys /25. Have 10/25 currently. If you have them, LMK
"Just because you have the ability to speak, does not make you intelligent"
Magicman32 is online now  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:08 PM   #142 (permalink)
Moderator
 
iluvfish2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 22,302
Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2
Default

Slappy

I'm not 100% sure the person wouldnt be given a chance to voice their opinion, but I think they need to prove it (also dont recommending coming onto a forum guns a blazing either). I think 9/10 times most everyone here is allowed to voice their opinion (Hawk this is for you...I had issues with the way you said what you did, not what you said..you went overboard on your comments to Hog).
__________________
Blowouts Resident Wade Boggs Super Collector
iluvfish2 is online now  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
bziddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,652
Default

BayAreaWarrior: I'll echo what everyone else is saying that you are a dingdong for not using DC. I DC everything, even 1 dollar cards.

Secondly, it is my personal opinion that autos are like snowflakes -- none are quite exactly alike (pen pressure, location, etc)

The card that GMan has is strikingly similar to the card that BAW used to have.

However, BAW has no receipt, no paypal entry, no anything that shows that he mailed anything to GMan remotely close to 12/3. Sucks to be BAW if his story is true.
__________________
They called me Mr. Glass.
bziddy is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #144 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,120
Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Slappy

I'm not 100% sure the person wouldnt be given a chance to voice their opinion, but I think they need to prove it (also dont recommending coming onto a forum guns a blazing either). I think 9/10 times most everyone here is allowed to voice their opinion (Hawk this is for you...I had issues with the way you said what you did, not what you said..you went overboard on your comments to Hog).
Hey Fish,
I 100% agree with you, I think it's great the forum allows this to be brought out...whichever way one leans with their opinion. It would have been a no brainer with a simple DC, I am sure no one knows that better than the OP. Like I said, personally I have dealt with G on several occasions and would in the future. I was just thinking out loud in a role reversal we would have all immediatley took G's side if he were the seller and the new guy had all the eveidence mounting against him.
slappybag is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
BayAreaWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYhoops78 View Post
i agree with bayarea warrior, and he did nothiong wrong ... id scam a scammer to get what owed to me .... i think people favor gman because hes on the forum and thats not fair ... the evidence is there in his face .... signatures look EXACTLY the same
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsmets150 View Post
If we switched it up and bayarea had gmans feedback and gman had bayarea, everyone would immediately assume that the "buyer" was the scammer. I think gman is the scammer.
Appreciate it.

I shipped this card while living in my university town before the Christmas break, and I am currently back home. I will check for the receipt when I return Sunday.
BayAreaWarrior is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #146 (permalink)
ND3
Member
 
ND3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In a Hospital Near You!
Posts: 11,736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappybag View Post
Hey Fish,
I 100% agree with you, I think it's great the forum allows this to be brought out...whichever way one leans with their opinion. It would have been a no brainer with a simple DC, I am sure no one knows that better than the OP. Like I said, personally I have dealt with G on several occasions and would in the future. I was just thinking out loud in a role reversal we would have all immediatley took G's side if he were the seller and the new guy had all the eveidence mounting against him.
What mounting evidence? Bayareacryer has two digital images (that may or may not be altered.....I am not a digital image expert) and no evidence of shipping the card.....a receipt, DC or note from the postman saying it was mailed.

I find it funny that there is no copy of receipt from the PO on the day it was purportedly mailed.
__________________
Maybe if I stick your head through that window over there you'll get unconfused. Give me the feckkin money. -- Nicky Santoro
http:/www.photobucket.com/nd3
ND3 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
BayAreaWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
What mounting evidence? Bayareacryer has two digital images (that may or may not be altered.....I am not a digital image expert) and no evidence of shipping the card.....a receipt, DC or note from the postman saying it was mailed.

I find it funny that there is no copy of receipt from the PO on the day it was purportedly mailed.

Two digital images that may have been altered? Ok, first off the thread screenshot was not altered at all as here is the original link by gman71:

Jennings and Tyreke McDonalds autos FS

The images are EXACTLY the same.

Second, my Jennings picture was from my phone and can be seen on my photobucket. As a poster showed us earlier, this was true, here is the link:

http://regex.info/exif.cgi?url=http:...onaldsAuto.jpg
BayAreaWarrior is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 79
Default

I honestly think that Gman is the scammer here.BAW has more proof of his side compared to what Gman has came up with,besides always saying that BAW is the scammer.I know it was pretty dumb of BAW not to send w/ DC but his story matches up more.And the Brandon Jennings Auto Gman is selling looks A LOT similiar to BAW's Jennings.Including the white dot,centering of the auto,and on the J in the auto there is a 2 dots on the tip which also shows inGmans picture of the Jennings.And that is too coinidental.I also agree with the member saying just because Gman is known around here doesnt mean he cant be a scammer,I just see a lot of people here backing up Gman more than BAW because everyone knows him.And I think BAW has a more understanding story.
mvp2395 is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,745
Default

the j or whatever it is on the end has a lot bigger of a loop on the top, compared to the ones on ebay with just a line on top
mnvikingstwins is offline  
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
DodgyTrousers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 1,238
Default

But as I said before, even if they are the exact same card that does not prove he stole it. There are a million different scenarios that could explain it all innocently.

What we do know if that you haven't posted proof that you even sent the item and you didn't get a delivery confirmation to prove it was delivered.
DodgyTrousers is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/51750-gman71-scammer-full-proof-inside.html
Posted By For Type Date
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Gman71 aka meta-lika on eBay = SCAMMER. Full Proof Inside! This thread Refback 07-18-2010 10:19 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Gman71 aka meta-lika on eBay = SCAMMER. Full Proof Inside! This thread Refback 07-18-2010 10:00 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Gman71 aka meta-lika on eBay = SCAMMER. Full Proof Inside! This thread Refback 07-18-2010 09:13 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Gman71 aka meta-lika on eBay = SCAMMER. Full Proof Inside! This thread Refback 07-18-2010 08:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.