Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #151 (permalink)
ND3

Didn't say the image was altered. If you had a clue you would have spent the extra couple of cents and used DC to protect yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaWarrior View Post
Two digital images that may have been altered? Ok, first off the thread screenshot was not altered at all as here is the original link by gman71:

Jennings and Tyreke McDonalds autos FS

The images are EXACTLY the same.

Second, my Jennings picture was from my phone and can be seen on my photobucket. As a poster showed us earlier, this was true, here is the link:

Jeffrey's Exif viewer
Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2395 View Post
I honestly think that Gman is the scammer here.BAW has more proof of his side compared to what Gman has came up with,besides always saying that BAW is the scammer.I know it was pretty dumb of BAW not to send w/ DC but his story matches up more.And the Brandon Jennings Auto Gman is selling looks A LOT similiar to BAW's Jennings.Including the white dot,centering of the auto,and on the J in the auto there is a 2 dots on the tip which also shows inGmans picture of the Jennings.And that is too coinidental.I also agree with the member saying just because Gman is known around here doesnt mean he cant be a scammer,I just see a lot of people here backing up Gman more than BAW because everyone knows him.And I think BAW has a more understanding story.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
What mounting evidence? Bayareacryer has two digital images (that may or may not be altered.....I am not a digital image expert) and no evidence of shipping the card.....a receipt, DC or note from the postman saying it was mailed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Didn't say the image was altered. If you had a clue you would have spent the extra couple of cents and used DC to protect yourself.
I didn't say you said they were altered, I said "may." I was simply clearing up any doubts. Yes, I know I should have sent with DC, but that's the point of this thread, I made the mistake in not sending DC, but he still received the card.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks.

I didn't say you said they were altered, I said "may." I was simply clearing up any doubts. Yes, I know I should have sent with DC, but that's the point of this thread, I made the mistake in not sending DC, but he still received the card.
Unfortunately, that is the point of the thread. You didn't get a DC so you don't have a leg to stand on.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #154 (permalink)

not sure what the point of this thread is except for learning about filling buckets with astro-glide (useful info). that is the same card, but BAW has no proof whatsoever except for the screenshots.

Last edited by tikitomoka; 01-08-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #155 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

If he is a kid he shouldn't be having an ebay account anyways. There are rules that state you have to be 18 to have an account. Perfect example why.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #156 (permalink)

BAW clearly had the card and shipped it without DC. Then gman received it and know he could take advantage of BAW because there was no DC. I would say the story is pretty obvious from the screenshots...

Last edited by bballcardheaven; 01-08-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballcardheaven View Post
BAW clearly had the card and shipped it with DC. Then gman received it and know he could take advantage of BAW because there was no DC. I would say the story is pretty obvious from the screenshots...

huh?

remember... puff, puff, pass!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitomoka View Post
not sure what the point of this thread is except for learning about filling buckets with astro-glide (useful info).
You're welcome....once I saw knucklehead sent a 170 card w/ NO d/c or insurance (on about....say.....page 1.....) this whole thing pretty much became about hookers, coke and astroglide squirting 200 yards to me
Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #159 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Seriously? Its the same card. The dude was scammed. Sadly, its his own fault for not sending with DC, so he basically has zero chance at ever proving anything.

You should always send with DC, because in general, people are scumbags, and someone will screw you.

I will freely admit, there are times I do NOT send with DC, but I would never chance it on a $170 card. Seeing the last 16 pages reminds me I should ALWAYS use DC.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNARIZONA View Post
You're welcome....once I saw knucklehead sent a 170 card w/ NO d/c or insurance (on about....say.....page 1.....) this whole thing pretty much became about hookers, coke and astroglide squirting 200 yards to me
Is there a video? Sounds like an interesting time
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
and rightfully so, hookers make everything in life MUCH MUCH better
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #162 (permalink)

Can't lie, that card in the scan is definitely the same one, there's no way two sigs could be in the exact same place like that, they're perfectly placed in the same spot. I even looked at the ebay listings of the same card and none of them come close. And that white dot is a give away. That's really low and shysty to have done that. Next time DC a card that expensive though man.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #163 (permalink)

Puff, Puff, Pass was the Bop It of my day....

On subject --- I had a tough time reading all 15+ pages of this battle. If I can't believe in a long standing member like Gman, what will be next, telling me the Easter Bunny does not exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgyTrousers View Post

remember... puff, puff, pass!
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgyTrousers View Post
Unfortunately, that is the point of the thread. You didn't get a DC so you don't have a leg to stand on.
But he clearly received my card. My photo was from my phone while his was scanned. I even posted the image of the screenshot from ebay.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Is there a video? Sounds like an interesting time
Sorry, no video.......that's like $150 x-tra
Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #166 (permalink)

do not know if someone has said this yet but!!!

when you go to the post office and ship they gave you a receipt on that receipt it shows the zip code that you mailed to and the time and day so all you would have to do is show the receipt if u mailed from the post office and it will show the info..
Old 01-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #167 (permalink)

248....yes, been said....seller previously said that he mailed from somewhere other than where he is right now (and "should") be able to get a copy of said receipt
Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #168 (permalink)

So is there a link to the actual original Ebay auction?

If you scale down the lower quality "camera" photo over the scanned image they do line up with very little effort.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #169 (permalink)

What's the law say about stolen goods found in someone else's posession?
Old 01-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
248....yes, been said....seller previously said that he mailed from somewhere other than where he is right now (and "should") be able to get a copy of said receipt
i know that what im saying is on the said receipt there will be a vegas zipcode showing that he sent a card to vegas. anytime you ship from the post office or at least in michigan from my dealing with the p.o. all my receipts have zip codes on them for each package i shipped.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #171 (permalink)

That's what I've been thinking the entire time... I mean, even if you don't go and get DC/tracking #/etc you still get a receiptm when you mail things. But, then again, I can't say I'd actually hold onto it...I usually throw crap like that away. But, this brings us back to our original point... if you mail a $170 card, you gotta, gotta, gotta retain some proof of it, whether electronic or hard copy. That's just straight up JV in my book (and it seems like most agree to that point). BayArea...do you have such a receipt?

BayArea...this is where you f'd up if you really did send the card, and I'm not even trying to say you didn't. You just really f'd up and w/o that proof, unfortunately there is no way to really tell you are telling the truth.

Lastly, I echo a number of other people's opinions about the card itself...those look just too darn similar to say they are not the same. I mean the whole point about the white dot on the side, that pretty much wrapped it up for me. Two nearly (or completely) identical autos on two different cards can happen I suppose, but other characteristics of the card itself being the same, too...now that is a stretch.

However, in the end, funny business can be accomplished in many ways, so it is ultimately really too difficult for any of us to truly know or judge who is telling the truth and who is lying (assuming it wasn't the guy in the mail room in Vegas and both of these guys are innocent!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 248rayment4343 View Post
do not know if someone has said this yet but!!!

when you go to the post office and ship they gave you a receipt on that receipt it shows the zip code that you mailed to and the time and day so all you would have to do is show the receipt if u mailed from the post office and it will show the info..
Thanks
Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #172 (permalink)

warrior is top card
Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
People, look at the evidence, he will keep on saying he didn't receive anything, but all the proof is there. I just don't know why he keeps lying.
No ofense to this Gturd But he is so full o Shiz it is not funny .

First why would you throw your card in the rubbish since that is what this idiot (Gnub )is claiming , you obviously sent the card out he got it and claimed he did not so you lose .
People can read and see who is lying here and it does not look like you as if you would go to all this trouble to make a up a story and lose your card on top .

There are so called sharks here that prey on unsuspecting good people and to have one with so good REP is pathetic.

It is clear to see who the scammer is here and thx for the heads up because i will never purchase from this freak ever .

One thing this forum shows me that there are idiots on here that just love to lap up someone else s pain and thrive on it how pathetic .

This GNub should be lynched for his cheap actions and after a perfect record what a loser to pull something like this , did he think his rep would save him from embarrassment ?.

Maybe we should create a fund for Gnub and send him some charity , what makes me laugh is he is so cool about it you where right BayWarrior he is a slippery little snake .

The evidence is in the screen shots that card is exactly the same and if you can't see that then go get your eyes cut out as they are useless to you.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSPORTS View Post

warrior is top card
See,that is the same exact autograph and same card.All BAW has to do right now is show up with the reciept.Then thats when it is prett y mucha done deal.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #175 (permalink)

I can't argue with this...autos appear the same... there is no doubt there. The receipt IMO would seal the deal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2395 View Post
See,that is the same exact autograph and same card.All BAW has to do right now is show up with the reciept.Then thats when it is prett y mucha done deal.
Thanks
Closed Thread